It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple method to detect disinfo-agents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by OzWeatherman

If I reveal my method it changes the game out of my favor.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay

Now you're beginning to sound like stalker material

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

I wouldve thought that rather than the same members visiting those certain posts, that a true government emplyed disinfo agent would use a variety of aliases....with the accounts they use being created just to post in one thread, with no friends or foes, no details entered into membership accounts and no comments section started. I think Razimus' thread on the John Titor hoax proved that this was the case with the vast numbers of posters dissapearing after one or two posts

That was one of my points. Using various member accounts with different names sourcing from different IP addresses, to which the campaigns of disinfo has plenty of resources at their disposal to make that work.

The meaning of the same members visiting those threads is the first line, the first encounter, to show that this one particular member, who just might also have several other accounts, is just another adventurous person with an interest in these issues. It is the "mask" worn to send the subliminal message of "I am just one of the guys/gals".

As the discussions progress and you got these disinfo people in there, though they are very careful to not let this happen, sometimes you will see a similar pattern in their post sentance structure and demeanor. I have spotted this in several threads, mostly in the Alien/UFO forum and recently with the newly added "2012" forum.

Its all quite interesting actually, to see it occuring and spotting it as it happens. They know people are on to them, and they also know that the game will soon end. In those last ditch effort 11th hour acts of desperation, the posts are so obvious it is in fact quite funny to watch.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

That's making me curious.

What did you do, and for whom?

All I can tell you and others is that for 6 years I was involved with it, at a very popular forum before ATS exsited. I worked two forums at that time, and one of them even has an archive going back to 1997 and online, searchable through Google.

I can also tell you that part of the work was to simply derail discussions, divert the focus of the topics being discussed but doing it in a manner that did not go way out into the left field, but just enough to sway the thought progression into another direction and then maintain that direction.

After about the 5th year I began to feel very bad about what I was doing, and could not sleep at night and it began to affect my health. I knew I was not being honest with those that I developed a relationship with in the forums and to others. I had to quit. I had to stop before it became worse for me.

I know of several other people who also did this same kind of work, they too ended up quitting for the same reasons.

It is dishonest, deceptive, and in my opinion, almost evil.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I'm serious it's like they have a playbook and they run the same play over and over, I don't want them to throw away the playbook on my behalf.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

How much did they pay you?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

"It is dishonest, deceptive, and in my opinion, almost evil. "

No, it IS evil. You were, probably still are working for an evil system.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

I can also tell you that part of the work was to simply derail discussions, divert the focus of the topics being discussed but doing it in a manner that did not go way out into the left field, but just enough to sway the thought progression into another direction and then maintain that direction.

From what I have seen of your posts here at ATS, you are still doing the same thing over in the Aliens & UFOs forum. Your game seem to be to derail topics by personal attacks when you are backed into a corner. It's funny to see you call other people disinfo agents.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

OzWeatherman sez:
Pretty much everytime I enter a thread regardless of my belief I am labelled a disinfo agent,

Sky sez: Me too. Ive been called all kinds of things, including a minion of lucifer himself. That childish nonsense is not to be mistaken for real disinfo...of which you are not knowingly a part of.

RFBurns suggests:
They seem to forget sometimes that I used to be one of those disinfo agents for a number of years and I know all the tricks of the trade.

Sky sez: It takes one to know one

Oz also sez:
I wouldve thought that rather than the same members visiting those certain posts, that a true government emplyed disinfo agent would use a variety of aliases

Back in Mod-room we try to detect those posting under many different names, but with proxys and all they sometimes slip under the radar. This type of manipulative sock-puppet abuse sometimes happens and it really, really pisses me off.

Fancy-avatar-syandos sez:
It's a fairly well-known fact that many of the best researchers in the JFK Assassination field are in deep cover and will not let their names be known for fear of untoward events ensuing.

Sky responds: Thanks for pointing these things out. Many seem to be oblivious to the fact that researching REAL CONSPIRACIES IS A DANGEROUS JOB.

Our Benevolent Heretic asks:
Are you saying that a member who sets up and uses this method with other members will result in people who respond in the manner you have set forth, and that they are probably disinfo agents?

If you post something you know 100% to be true but at the beginning withhold the facts to back that up, you can attract real agents I think. Yes.

Benevolent Heretic also sez:
Unfortunately, this happens so much here, it's ridiculous. I have been called a disinfo agent so many times and I'm a housewife who lives on a farm. It's ridiculous.

You are no disinfo agent. Positively put, you`re someone with a political message. Negatively put, you`re someone with a political agenda.

Syandos returns in saying:
I could even imagine that some members play the 'faux info agent' game.

Sky: I like the way you think.

Downtown adds:
If I reveal my method it changes the game out of my favor.

Sky: Precisely. Another reason to withhold info. Withholding info seems to be the power game. Hence conspiracy-theories that try to uncover what was withheld.

BH continues:
Sky, I do think there were quite a few (relatively) on here right before the election.

Yes. Skeptic Overlord found out that a sudden spike in site traffic originated from Rep and Dem conventions. I forget where the thread is where he posted those stats though...

BH also asks:
Did you use this method then or did you not know about it yet? I just wondered if you have had any success with it?

I´ve succesfully used this before, on a rare ocassion I actually knew something that the public did not know, yes.

Sky sez: Be back later with more responses. Didnt expect such a lively discussion to erupt...

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KandinskyI'm not convinced that there is a way of uncovering a good disinfo agent

That is, of course very true. But I was intrigued to check out that "Disinformation Playbook" yowusa.com...

I've encountered some of those scenarios almost verbatum...just fill in the blanks... so there are routines at play here. The other side of the coin is that I've also come up against threads that I decided to walk away from because I declined to play with the big kids. It ain't all deflection. Some of it is...oh, I donno...let's call it active listening.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Although *highly* contentious, an interesting thread or poll would ask ATS members who they believe to be disinfo merchants. Although the term is bandied about with reckless abandon in some threads, I think a general consensus would provoke a 'long topic' indeed

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sebarud

Interpretations can often be incorrect. In this case...it is on your part.

2nd line

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

No, it IS evil. You were, probably still are working for an evil system.

Actually I work for myself. I work to get at the truth and expose the truth. If I was still a part of that evil system...this particular thread would not be going in the direction it is at this moment.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Kandinsky intelligently says:
If I was a disinfo agent, I'd run at least two personas from separate IPs. I'd take advantage of onion routing to create stooges that would support my opinions. The two main personas would take opposing perspectives. I could be loud and dynamic or subtle and subversive.

I firmly believe that there are people who, in order to discredit something, post seemingly "in favour" of it, but in such an idiotic and silly way that they can easily be debunked.

Anybody know the name of this method?

Kandinsky stunningly adds:
good disinfo agent is a liar that tells the occasional truth and an honest man that tells the occasional lie. I'm not convinced that there is a way of uncovering a good disinfo agent

A good disinfo agent indeed gains peoples trust first. He posts a lot of truth so that...when it is needed...people will believe him.

Excellent points.

Our only hope? To do our own research if we want to know something for sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Although *highly* contentious, an interesting thread or poll would ask ATS members who they believe to be disinfo merchants. Although the term is bandied about with reckless abandon in some threads, I think a general consensus would provoke a 'long topic' indeed

I tried that a while back, it wasnt that succesful because very few people had conclusive proof that anyone they labelled was a disinfo agent. Like I said earlier, its usually used when someone cant come back with an argument and the childish remarks start to appear....

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

Not enough to have to deal with the issues that came along with it that affected my personal life.

Id rather drive a garbage truck or pluck up trash in a park than do that kind of work ever again.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

After about the 5th year I began to feel very bad about what I was doing, and could not sleep at night and it began to affect my health. I knew I was not being honest with those that I developed a relationship with in the forums and to others. I had to quit. I had to stop before it became worse for me.

I know of several other people who also did this same kind of work, they too ended up quitting for the same reasons.

Thats quite the awesome confession there

Care to share what the topics of that Forum were or on behalf of what belief-system or topic you were shifting the conversation?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

This has come up a few times but site-admin does not allow it because of the witchhunt that would ensue.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Thanks for your honesty.

So the big question, who's payroll were you on, and for what cause exactly, if you don't mind sharing.

Also, it sounds like you spoke about this before on ATS, any links to a thread?

[edit on 15/2/09 by enigmania]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

"Actually I work for myself."

"Not enough to have to deal with the issues that came along with it that affected my personal life."

So did you work for yourself or someone else? Because you admitted that "they" didn't pay you enough.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
error in post, correcting in next post

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 15-2-2009 by RFBurns]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join