It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple method to detect disinfo-agents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by RFBurns

"Actually I work for myself."

How much did they pay you?

"Not enough to have to deal with the issues that came along with it that affected my personal life."

So did you work for yourself or someone else? Because you admitted that "they" didn't pay you enough.

I work for myself now. As to whom I worked for, for those 6 years being involved with the organization...I dont think I can divulge that since I tend to enjoy not being harassed outside of the world of the internet.

They didnt pay me enough that would have compensated for the problems that work brought upon me on a personal level.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by KandinskyI'm not convinced that there is a way of uncovering a good disinfo agent

That is, of course very true. But I was intrigued to check out that "Disinformation Playbook" yowusa.com...

I've encountered some of those scenarios almost verbatum...just fill in the blanks... so there are routines at play here. The other side of the coin is that I've also come up against threads that I decided to walk away from because I declined to play with the big kids. It ain't all deflection. Some of it is...oh, I donno...let's call it active listening.

I just checked your link and looked at the '25 Rules'. Whatever occurred at Roswell or on 9/11 are two obvious examples to lend weight to the rules. Both are definitely incidents that happened ie. something crashed at Roswell and the Twin Towers were destroyed.

The possibility of knowing *broadly* what happened in each case is lost in a cacophony of opposing evidence and opinions. Factions undermine, ridicule and reduce the information to simple subjectivity. The subtleties of interpellation come into play and meaning is lost...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
At least its good to know that the "Mod-room" is taking an active role in detecting multi-account abusers.

Tho your lucky to detect about 1/3 of them, at least your trying.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 15-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

A good disinfo agent indeed gains peoples trust first. He posts a lot of truth so that...when it is needed...people will believe him.

Excellent points.

Our only hope? To do our own research if we want to know something for sure.

I agree entirely on this point. A disinfo merchant is going to have more success with people that are more suggestible. A lot of the topics that are discussed on ATS are, by their very nature, going to be inconclusive. This doesn't mean that sources can't be checked, opposing views aren't addressed etc. Like the adversarial method in criminal trials, all evidence and perspectives should be investigated before conclusions are drawn. Research, information, context can all help us to at least identify a balance of probability.

In all honesty and extending the legal analogy, we are still guilty of finding information that agrees with our contentions. I wouldn't have it any other way either

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

So is this dirty work being outsourced to a company that's not affiliated directly with the government?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hi, inquisitive persons.

About the peoples argueing against "some cause", we must consider this:

There is a **Control system**. And it has ""agents"" ! !
And/or some posters do act like agents, unconsciously.

I found a description that could look like that :

There are those among us who are so lacking in soul maturity,
so afflicted with an absence of spirit, that they are permanent agents
of the Control System. These people tend to lack self-awareness
and individuality, fail to show true empathy and compassion, and
function as tyrants or leeches in the lives of others.

Other permanent agents can be sent solely to drag you down
and burn you out. Yet no matter what you tell them, they never
actually listen or improve. That is the difference between these and
just your sincere seeker looking for advice. Instead of actually
benefiting from interaction in the fashion of learning, wisdom, or
strength, they just ask you for more and more time and energy.

It’s like they don’t care about the advice you give them, only that
you are being dragged down with them.
Functionally they are like energy leeches.

Above text extracted from "Fringe Knowledge for Beginners".
By Montalk. 2008. www.montalk.net [email protected]

Soooooooo, it's useless to answer to these "agents/posters".
Thay are not worthy/honest enough to merit/deserve our time !

Despite a few small errors, I/we always honestly try to do our part !

Blue skies.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

That piece of text accurately describes the feeling I got here on ATS and other places. lot's of times.

You get dragged down and drains you of your energy, and the point get's lost.

I'ts hard to understand, how these hardcore skeptics, that shoot down everything, would be drawn to a site like this, and be as devoted and orchestrated in doing it.

That's just not natural.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

. They seem to forget sometimes that I used to be one of those disinfo agents for a number of years and I know all the tricks of the trade.

And I am glad I no longer do that deceptive work and came to the other side of the line. One for the good guys!

Cheers!!!!

And are there double-agents of dis~info prowling cyberspace ?

Quite a few sentences to just throw out there , Mr Burns .

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
In all honesty and extending the legal analogy, we are still guilty of finding information that agrees with our contentions. I wouldn't have it any other way either

Adding personal filtering into the mix we`ll leave the impression on this thread that truth will never be arrived at. Better not

I think it should be a subject in grade school: How we process information. How we go about collecting information. We we choose information according to our prior beliefs. How people who share information always share it with some agenda or other.

Oh my.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by RFBurns

So is this dirty work being outsourced to a company that's not affiliated directly with the government?

Heh..hardly. At least it wasnt outsourced when I was involved. Cant say that is the case these days.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

And are there double-agents of dis~info prowling cyberspace ?

Quite a few sentences to just throw out there , Mr Burns .

Are you referring to now, or during the time I was involved?

I have no idea but during my time in the stupid occupation, I was not aware of any double agent types in our group. Doesnt mean that there could not have been, then or now.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Of course, giving us bait while keeping most of it a mystery is a good method of commanding attention.

Would you at least share just a little bit on your previous disinfo-work? Nothing that could get you in trouble. Just a little more carrot from the carrot-stick...

The info you provide could be valuable to us who keep suspecting disinfo but can rarely prove it (so you see, your former job IS of some value).

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

As the old saying goes...alot can be said in a quiet room.

A good agent does more listening/reading than talking/posting.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Yep, the biggest part of figureing out what is going on in the world is learning to filter the garbage.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

I call them misinfo-agents, not disinfo-agents

Good point though.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Heh..hardly. At least it wasnt outsourced when I was involved. Cant say that is the case these days.

So, were you employed directly by the government then?

How does one get in such a program?

[edit on 15/2/09 by enigmania]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't know. I have been called all kinds of things. Mostly due to my skepticism on various topics. A prime example being 9/11. I don't think that the official story is too far from the truth, just that the government used the incident to full advantage to do things they always wanted to do but would find too difficult without the proper catalyst to do so.

Yet with the original Bailout and subsequent stimulus the government is screwing up royally and despite being called on it are not backing down.

I firmly believe that open rebellion against the government is coming. I would say along March-May 2010, but could easier begin sooner, maybe as early as mid-late summer to fall of 2009.

Those that have held watch over my posts over the years and have a good memory could point out stories that seem too outrageous to possibly be true. What can I say other than you can believe them or not believe them. None of them approach John Lear's tall tales (at least I don't think they do), but even I admit that I would like to meet the guy and swap stories over coffee somewhere if for know other reason than to say I have met him.

To address different things in this thread:
Skyfloating--It is those dolphins that make you demonic. Well that and being a Mod make you "the Man" to some people automatically.
RFBurns--I can think of three different types of organizations, the one I suspect the most is the one most people would think of the least. I'll leave it right there because I think that says enough.
Downtown--I'm on your Friend list and you told me why. My U2U response told how I felt things will play out. That is still in effect, despite what others may try to glean from recent posting and threads.
BH--Well you and I clash moderately here and there and agree loosely on other things. You are politically outspoken and some of your ideals clash with mine. But I do respect you (even if I might say something a bit off in the heat of the moment), I just think you bet to heavily on the wrong horse this time around.
And that is because the man didn't inspire any confidence in me as I am very familiar in how to work crowd...being an old actor that studied performance magic/illusions as a child and various cons and con men as a young adult.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

So, were you employed directly by the government then?

How does one get in such a program?

Are you asking just out of curiosity or seriously thinking of it as a potential opportunity for employment?

First off, its not any simple process of filling out some job app. Majority of them come from military background and/or intelligence community backgrounds. Mine was in the military, specifically from my assignment out at WSMR/HAFB in 81 thru 85 and what I was involved with there. Cant detail it more than that.

My particulars in the work dealt with space related topics. The purpose simply to derail and disrupt the thought flow of conversations, filling the discussions of close to home run hits with more clutter, more often than not, silly and far fetched clutter, which worked extremely well, and still do. I see that same tactic here quite alot.

A request was made for "a little bit".

Google "The Anomalies Network Forum". Search the archive circa 2000-2001. Search "The Old TEM Forum". Within there, "a little bit" can be found...or rather, quite a bit I should say.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 15-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Are you asking just out of curiosity or seriously thinking of it as a potential opportunity for employment?

Lol, that might not even be a bad idea, since I lost my job last Friday.

Anyways, thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think of one trick to have a little bit of tranquility, in
a thread; I would do this:

If EVER I start a thread, I would:
1 - In the first message, INSIST STRONGLY that we ALL
IGNORE those against our subject, after a U2U vote.

2- Those ignored would be advised in a message, before doing it.

3- Continue quietly our conversation, until the next "agent"
or "the like", writes against our subject. . .

? Good idea ? B-)

If idea not 100% good, as I would guess, let's think a strategy,
against those **ostrich-heads-in-the-sand** morons. . . B-)

Blue skies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join