It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple method to detect disinfo-agents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
RFBurns--I can think of three different types of organizations, the one I suspect the most is the one most people would think of the least. I'll leave it right there because I think that says enough.

When I was involved, I was told of 5 at least, tho I was only prevy to the one I was assigned to. Rarely does any operative cross from one particular assignment to another or be working a combination.

They are highly compartmentalized from one another. This keeps the effectiveness of each at its peak.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
Lol, that might not even be a bad idea, since I lost my job last Friday.

Im sorry to hear about that. Lots of that going on these days. Hope things work out for you.

Trust me tho, if you just need a job, its better to do "work today get paid today" type jobs than it is to get involved with the other. It really does begin to take a toll on your personal life. It changes your whole persona and can literally turn you from an open honest person into a closed deceptive, devious person, and not be limited to just a forum and within a thread.

As I was saying earlier, I would rather drive a garbage truck or be plucking up trash in a park before ever going back to doing that kind of work again.

Cheer!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Any particular topic you would "recommend" us to look into?

You can keep the description fo the topic broad enough not to be found out.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The one thing lately that has been sticking out is the agents that will post in the 9/11 forums (where I am quite often) and always no matter what physics/physical proof/etc is thrown at them they will simply ignore or attempt to derail.
These same agents will constantly argue the govt line in other threads outside of the 9/11 forum. It becomes painfully obvious why they are here.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I think it should be a subject in grade school: How we process information. How we go about collecting information. We we choose information according to our prior beliefs. How people who share information always share it with some agenda or other.

I'd like to see basic cognitive psychology taught in schools. Self-awareness can transcend agendas. Baudrillard's ideas of hyperreality make sense and are the ultimate goal of a disinfo agent. If we can recognize our individual ideologies and preconceptions we have a chance to overcome them. What's left after that? More ideology and preconceptions
It's seemingly inescapable...

Before I call it a day, I'd like to add that 'agenda' is a loaded term. Most people just talk within the framework of reference points they are familiar with. Agenda implies an intention to manipulate an outcome favorable to the individual. I prefer to think that life is less complicated than that. I'll be very disappointed if it isn't...

Good thread and very thought-provoking. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

It is totally obvious, like they are a bunch of 18 year olds sitting in a bunker with the disinfo agent manual in one hand, and a computer logged on to the 9/11 part of ATS.

And on the giant computer screen in front of them there is fox news blasting at maximum volume.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

Any particular topic you would "recommend" us to look into?

You can keep the description fo the topic broad enough not to be found out.

Oh no worries with that, my forum name here is the same as I used back then on that forum, so it will be easy to spot the topics and discussions I participated in..or worked to put it precisely.

One in particular you can find is "Wheres the science happen here". Tho in that one most of the work I did was in the chat room at that time, but was directly linked to that issue...the "City Under Cydonia".

Try just searching for posts by RFBurns...plenty of em.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 15-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This thread is a joke.

A moderator says to post a far out story without proof or evidence of any kind and then says anyone who refutes it is a dis-info agent.

What a crock.

And since this was started by a mod, no doubt I'll get a warn for this.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

If you want, check out some of their other internet activities to see if you can detect a pattern in their posting behavior.

The pattern is the thing that always gives them away. I see no need to start a thread; in which I spill the beans; then wait for the suspects to enter.

Why not simply enter threads that you know to be controversial and sensitive, then attempt to determine the perpetrators?

Personally I dont think disinfo exists to the broad extent many say it does.

Of course not. After all, these agents already have multiple user names/accounts to work with. If they were only to use one user name, then their cover might be blown very early on, and they would be spotlighted.

You don't need five people to assume five user names, now do you?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
This thread is a joke.

A moderator says to post a far out story without proof or evidence of any kind and then says anyone who refutes it is a dis-info agent.

What a crock.

And since this was started by a mod, no doubt I'll get a warn for this.

Welcome to ATS. Enjoy your stay

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

One in particular you can find is "Wheres the science happen here". Tho in that one most of the work I did was in the chat room at that time, but was directly linked to that issue...the "City Under Cydonia".

Try just searching for posts by RFBurns...plenty of em.

Thats interesting. I´ll be checking it out. (So your "cover" is actually already blown...)

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

well yeah. Repetitive patterns can give it away. Assuming their stupid enough to use patterns like that.

Some of us think they are more deceptive and hidden.

I used to believe that if someone would jump on the same topics over and over and debunk them anytime they came up, that they must be a disinfo-agent.

Meanwhile I realize that some of them are plain dull and unable to post anything other.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
These same agents will constantly argue the govt line in other threads outside of the 9/11 forum. It becomes painfully obvious why they are here.

Yes, I'm always suspicious of anyone who is pro-government.

And I concur, they do derail the topic when presented with evidence. When I found out how too many of them surf the 9/11 boards, I immediately stopped posting there.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

What was achieved in 9/11 is that I no longer read it. I dont touch it.

Thats a clear sign of a succesful disinfo campaign, unfortunately. Muddy the waters. Spread frustration and resignation. Confuse.

That said, I dont agree with being generally anti-government. Governments are too often scapegoats for secret governments...of which most know nothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Repetitive patterns can give it away. Assuming their stupid enough to use patterns like that.

You'd be surprised how many are that stupid.

But IMO, those are the ones whose task is probably to deliberately spotlight themselves, in order to buy some time derailing the thread; while the other(s) perhaps compile enough opposing evidence and arguments to come in later to bunk the thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Well here is the rub. If you want to read any farther be forewarned that it might change your prospective.

This sentence only exists for your protection in case you accidently skim ahead before reading the above paragraph. Just think of the first sentence as a subliminal, and now to the point. Some disinfo agents would actually be on the CT side of the argument of 9/11.

Do you doubt that? Think of the number of police officers that pose as teenage girls in chat groups to catch pedophiles. Surely then, not everyone that agrees with you is indeed with you then. Part of any good counter intelligence program would be to gather information. To identify potential threats. Believing that 9/11 was an inside job is one thing. Actively forming a vigilantly group to take out those deemed responsible is another.

Some would even try to incite a reaction to test the waters and gauge organizational skills of the group. Some have made the argument that ATS itself was formed for just that purpose. Although, I have to disagree with that on one point. ATS does not allow for a group to organize to perform a disruptive action openly. Some may propose a tax protest and some may agree it is a good idea, but it would be snuffed out once it began to form up to a real group and started "spreading the news" so to speak.

The danger in calling out a member as dis-info is that you can be completely wrong. Let's use Crakeur as an example...For years it has only been the three amigos, then suddenly and with little explanation Crakeur becomes the fourth. Now, he is just over a year older than I am. Which makes him the youngest of the Admin. And he has only been on here two years longer than I have. In fact, I recall when he became a Super Mod...and maybe when he became a Mod. I am kinda fuzzy on that point. But needless to say. He has climbed some ranks rather fast and farther than anyone else in a fairly short time frame. That in itself could be considered suspicious activity. Now if he were to say something that you completely disagreed with...

Now you can see the danger in going off half-cocked. And by that logic, you can see how some would call me dis-info (among other things) after reviewing some things I have posted. But given that the net is only as anonymous as your actions dictate. In other words, you can be identified if they need to identify you. You can never really tell.

I am sure that there are many instances of different three letter groups finding people of interest only to later find they were both working on opposite sides of a topic (or even the same side) while doing their job.

And for those out there paying attention and might want to offer a job...Dept of Ed is paid off so I can be hired now, you stuck up turds.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Disclaimer the following is my opinion and based on my experiences as a member .

If you will forgive me for using the expression on ATS opinions are like assholes and everyone got one . The need for disinfo agents when there are people that will swollow hole anything that is posted on a crack pot website including the notion that Bush had pardoned Bin Laden . Sure the notion turned out to be a joke but it still makes my point rather nicely . It would be foolish for me to say if there are disinfo agents on ATS or not . What I can say is that I haven't seen or read anything to indicate that I have en counted a dis info agent on ATS . Other members have had differnt experiences which lead them to differnt conclusions and I respect that fact .

The very idea of to believe in a conspiracy theory almost suggests that people are putting faith rather then evidence and logical rational into an idea . The other dozy is people trying to bend the facts into what ever pre conceived notions that they have .

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Disinformation agents would not only attack accurate conspiracies, but also falsify their own. You should be careful what you buy into. Some of these conspiracy theories are fabricated for the sole purpose of sowing discord.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Trust me tho, if you just need a job, its better to do "work today get paid today" type jobs than it is to get involved with the other. It really does begin to take a toll on your personal life. It changes your whole persona and can literally turn you from an open honest person into a closed deceptive, devious person, and not be limited to just a forum and within a thread. As I was saying earlier, I would rather drive a garbage truck or be plucking up trash in a park before ever going back to doing that kind of work again.

Jeah, I hear you, good thing you bought your soul back.

And I'll be fine thanks, I'm prepared and ready for whatever mess comes my way.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I am not quite sure why people think that disinfo agents high up enough to know the lie and spin BS would bother coming onto a chat board for everyone to accuse... not very efficient regardless of the circumstances I believe

even from the "Secrecy" section of the Disclosure Project DVD's they talk about the main SOURCES (some) are the ones mixing a bit of truth with outlandish claims.. the "insiders" or "whistleblowers"

just my thoughts, I highly doubt the majority of a DISINFO campaign on the secret gov's behalf would be concentrated on debunking people on a message board...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join