It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I'm interested in seeing current images of Jupiter NGC. Simply so we can put this debacle to rest once and for all... and to clarify the truth to those that may be sitting on the fence.

Post those pictures and the 'Ignited Jupiter' theory is a dead horse. Let's see who wishes to flog it after that!

IRM

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Saw this thread and thought. Mmm. Then went outside (5:40am or so) and using the Mark I eyeball verified that yes there it was, just next to Mars. Tripped over dog trying to reposition telescope on patio. Swore at dog and went back to bed.

Disturbed, I thought wow the cloaking technologies are good. Got to get me some of those.

Wife complained of early morning noise and suggested if I was up why not take dog for a walk, all you do is sit at that bloody computer, you lazy...etc.

Dog is now under suspicion. Possible disinfo agent. Why was he so keen to stop me from using the telescope.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Alright. I'll get a shot of Jupiter tomorrow morning then. If there are any takers who doubt that Jupiter is still just a planet and unharmed, and if I have the bandwidth left over from my broadcast planned for this evening at 7, I'll do a live webcast. Otherwise, I'll just get a still shot and post it tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Arthur C. Clarke dreamed up this scenario for his novel "2010."

The composition of Jupiter is 75% hydrogen and 25% helium by mass, with traces of ammonia, water and methane. Near the core, hydrogen ionizes under the extreme pressure, but the temperature is not high enough for nuclear fusion as in the Sun. This region causes the magnetic field. The core itself is most likely rocky material, though science fiction has suggested a novel diamond core. The core temperature is estimated at 20,000K due to gravitational compression rather than the Sun's energy.

It did not "ignite."

Jupiter passed solar conjunction January 24th. It is visible low in the Eastern pre-dawn sky and rises between Mercury and Mars, currently less than 1 degree from Mars.

Venus is nearly at its brightest as it approaches to Earth and appears just before and for 3 hours of so after sunset in the Western sky. It will hang just a little over 1 degree from the crescent moon around the 27th

Finally, there are always meteors approaching Earth. We gain several tons of meteor/cosmic dust regularly.

If you place a magnet under a downspout in the rain after a dry spell, you will collect meteoric dust from iron/nickel meteors that have incinerated in the atmosphere!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yes please post a pic NGC. I can't get my scope on Jupiter due to the trees around my place. I've been swinging the chainsaw for the past 3 days and I don't have the energy to tote my rig out tonight

[edit on 16-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Listen, people, this whole Jupiter igniting thing started with a CHANNELLED (telepathically received) message by Candace Frieze. She has a website AbundantHope.net and she's been giving these 'Jupiter will ignite' messages since 2007. She's got a few devout followers who keep on believing her 'channelled' messages, although none of them ever has had anything for real. The messages are 'spiritual' and largely based on her belief in the Book of Urantia.

So this same thing has been going on since spring 2007 and Candace Frieze has been giving messages about Jupiter igniting over and over. Nothing has ever happened. She claims to be in contact with a spirit called Christ Michael who she believes is the creator of this universe.

You can find her similar promises/channellings in the site 2012unlimited.net, in 'updates/NESARA' section when you scroll down. Look for instance "Jupiter NOT waiting until late December" channelled in November 2007.

And her message that started this same old nonsense this time was called We Have Our Glorious New Sun, that can be found at abundanthope.net...

So the thing is, she believes it was Christ Michael who ignited Jupiter as has been promised to her. Nothing about Galileo-satellite or nuclears in there but spiritual beliefs instead. For some reason that I have no idea of, she has this obsession with Jupiter becoming the second sun and that being a very good thing for planet earth and its inhabitants. So fear not, people, even if you believe her stuff

But, as I already stated NOTHING in her telepathically received messages has ever come true. So fear not.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Here's a question for you, being that you claim to know so much on this subject. I'm being completely sincere here when I ask you this, what is the smallest known star we've discovered? I'm aware that not all stars are the same. They are different sizes and different kinds. So I'm curious to know what the smallest star is that we've discovered. Do you know? Can you provide a link to educate us all? If anything, this thread will give us all a reason to learn more about stars and their various types and sizes.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

google is your friend!

www.spaceref.com...

The smallest Brown dwarf yet discovered has been observed by astronomers at the European Southern Observatory (ESO). Brown dwarfs are bodies smaller than our sun but many times the size of Jupiter and are often referred to as "failed suns" inasmuch as there was not enough matter present during their formation so as to initiate hydrogen fusion. Yet, at the same time, these objects are much more massive than Jupiter and produce energy as the result of gravity- induced contraction. The brown dwarf discovered by ESO, known as TWA-5 B, has a mass of between 15 - 40 times that of Jupiter which places it near the borderline between planets and brown dwarfs.

Even the smallest known star (if you can call it that) is many times bigger than Jupiter

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm no expert myself but I do own a number of telescopes and CCD cameras. Jupiter was a prime candidate for ignition if it's internal pressures had climbed high enough. NGC is a heck of alot more experienced than I am...check out his avatar. The ISS is a heck of a hard target to image. I definately have a ton of respect for that shot!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin

hahah and starred

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl

The ISS is a heck of a hard target to image. I definitely have a ton of respect for that shot!

Hear Hear! Awesome pic indeed!

IRM

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by griffinrl

The ISS is a heck of a hard target to image. I definitely have a ton of respect for that shot!

Hear Hear! Awesome pic indeed!

Wow, well thanks guys. I'll try my best to get a shot of Jupiter tomorrow morning. Here's hoping I can get it over the treetops before sunrise. I have a small lake to my east though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Dear confused- This is not a new theory. The book- 2001-a Space oddysey-Arthur c. Clarke. This a fascinating book, with conjecture for the future of the chosen ones. The climax of the book is when Jupiter ignites itself. with help form the monoliths. Another sign to satanists that their king is arriving soon.(not Jesus) I do like your curiosity, at trying to get info, and, then to have the gumption to comprehend what is shown.Secret- The satanists believe in their god, as much, if not more, than the believers in the real God. The church has dumbed-down the congregation to what God is doing, and what He wants from us- his children. Not everyone is His child-it is by their doing( rejecting God), not by God.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

NGC this is off topic but when you get a chance PM me and give me a breakdown on your gear. At your convenience please

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I agree about the attack attitude. People having to advertise how much they think they know at the expense of others all in all its pretty lame. It's just amazing in a bad way. So I can just leave and I will. Thanks for the post though.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

snip

[snip] I did google the question I asked, and wasn't able to find the ESO info on the smallest brown dwarf. As for this thread being about Jupiter turning into a star, the OP used the word "ignited". Having a huge hydrogen filled gas giant ignite isn't close to becoming a star. One is pyrolysis, one is fusion. They aren't even in the same ballpark. Just because someone chose to suggest that Jupiter was becoming a star rather than igniting, doesn't mean I suggested it, [snip]
[edit on 16-2-2009 by bpg131313]

Mod Edit - Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ablue07

I agree about the attack attitude. People having to advertise how much they think they know at the expense of others all in all its pretty lame. It's just amazing in a bad way. So I can just leave and I will. Thanks for the post though.

I have found it interesting, how people have come in to completely ridicule the thread and discussion.....

yet if they read.................... due to my seeing so many "Jupiter ignited" sites over the last few days.......... it is asking about possiblities and science behind that theory.......

At NO POINT does the thready say Jupiter Ignited - -- it asks where could that theory come from.

So - others are just coming in, trying to ridicule ANYONE who says - yes there is some basis of science that says.... Jupiter could ignite........... due to the gases of it..............

People are not willing to have a "civil" debate on the subject.... only hard lines or ridicule................... I find that interesting............. and wonder why.

I would think if there were "real" scientist or knowledgable people about this subject................. they would be in here.............. posting in a reasonable manner and a civil manner..................... not in an attack manner..........

It seems also, the thread is trying to get hijacked as simply a " ridiculous thread" - where it is not................. it is a discussion thread of possiblities.

So, I will continue with trying to find information on this subject.............. and the fact that there WAS some type of explosions from Jupiter that is seen --------------- and then corresponding explosion seen from in front of the sun................. it seems there IS SOMETHING GOING ON........

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
From what I know, a second sun could appear in our sky if another sun out there in our galaxy went supernova! As only large type suns that explode into a supernova are the ones that end up turning into blackholes after the supernova.
So I do not think Jupiter has ignited.. But prehaps another star in our galaxy went supernova!

As we run a better chance of being wiped off this Earth from such things happening. The gamma rays that come from these supernova could very well effect all life upon our Earth, and strip our atmosphere from the Earth.

Thus in ending.. I would say if we saw a second sun in our sky.. It would be the effects of another star in our galaxy that went supernova..
There is a very small chance that Earth would be in danger from such an event. As the energy that is released from such large supernovas would be seen and felt many lightyears away...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
it seems there IS SOMETHING GOING ON........

If there IS something going on then we will all get to see it tomorrow morning. Why so defensive if this is what you believe? Why am I not allowed to question if these theories match observations in any way? Jupiter is way too small to become a star; if it were going to it would have done so a long time ago. Any astronomer will tell you the same. I'm trying to be fair here by actually doing the footwork and going out to see if Jupiter has changed in nature since the last time I observed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join