It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
what if they're practicing on Jupiter and Saturn.. in hopes that a brown dwarf DOES come along.. sometime.. so that at that point.. they can ignite it..

but hey. who here ever talks about a "brown dwarf" approaching us right??

i mean COME ON.. nobody ever talks about that! that's UNHEARD OF!

nobody for thousands of years has ever contemplated that! ahahahah

I'm so confident in my modern definitive thought!! ahahah!

-

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

hahahahah nicely done star for you

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Feb 16 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sry for me not looking through all pages before presenting you a collection of information regarding the possible ignition of Jupiter. Here we go. There is a discussion ongoing in bad astronomy forums as we speak.

Stereo behind video from 15-31. jan. 2009 showing object passing behind sun getting more and more bright starting to flare like a star.
stereobehind_youtube
original images

The far-side of the sun reacting intensively to this object
realtime far-side data

movie of the magnetosphere from the 4.feb. as the sun was spotless that day and the days before :
4.2.09.magnetosphere-video

realtime earth magnetosphere data and simulation

earth-faced sun quiet and spotless

We are witnesses of something Epic IMHO.

jra

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Ok I see what you're referring to now. To me that looks like a lens flare. The "explosion" grows at the same speed as the camera pans away. The planets glow white because they are over exposed due to the image sensor being sensitive enough to pick up distant star light. That's going to make any planets that are in view look extremely bright by comparison.

Beside, like I said before, Jupiter isn't behind the Sun. It's visible in the morning. At 6:30 pst where I'm at, Jupiter, along with Mars and Mercury will be up in the sky before the Sun. If Jupiter had exploded and turned into a little Sun, it would be very noticeable, even during the day.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleilius
I've been looking into this more, and it seems that this story started with Richard C. Hoagland. Here's a link to it: Did NASA Accidentally Nuke Jupiter?

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Aleilius]

thank you for this link, I have read it all, very interesting...... but would it take all these years for this "huge" explosion of Jupiter?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This thread is about this topic, too.
www.abovetopsecret.com... e=2#pid5833530

There´s much talk right now if Jupiter ignited around 25.jan.2009

Look for a youtube video of nasa stereo-behind in that thread ^^

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether

Link1

Link2

Some good info on link1 about what is happening with jupiter...

Rgds

Very interesting links...... I find it interesting, that people think NASA would purposely try to "ignite" Jupiter or Saturn.... all this is news to me.... that people would even "think" that.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Hello! Well, I suppose science& the, aka real scientific community has been busy with other more serious issues and problems of great concern. I am not an astronomer, but I do know a thing or two about physics, and that there is science-fiction related so called "theories" out there, ya know. In A.Clark`s book "space odyssey 2010" the whole Jupiter becomes a new mini sun and humanity receives a message from some
other-worldly "monolith" and so on..I think It´s a good book though, especially with a spiritual message concerning the future of humanity and something I don`t remember . It is completely natural
that Jupiter aligns itself with many planets and sometimes it is "behind"
the Sun. This has absolutely nothing to do with any sort of sudden ignition, or anything of that kind of phenomina regarding Jupiter, or any other planet in our solar system. I would sincerely recommend to read up on basic astrophysics,gravity,etc. and always keep an critical but an open mind in general concerning topics like these "theories". It is always healthy to think about who gets paid for what kind of media content, so here we go again with "always follow the money" proverb. I can assure you that there´s a very slim chance that anything at all will be altered physically to some new Sun or whatever in the near future. Anyways it is my duty to at least try helping people, who eventually will someday help me in questions that I do not know about. We live in strange times, and a spiritual re-awakening is probably going on. At least I like to think that way. But there is always the problem with people trying to cash in on new age and other kinds of belief systems as you probably knew anyway. Live long and prosper. Greetings from Finland !

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
If you want to see whether Jupiter has caught fire or not, why don't you go out and take a look for yourself?
Jupiter is not hidden behind the sun. You could see it for half an hour before sunrise this morning.
Look. Here. See?
Did any of you see two suns rise this morning?
Pfft. What's the use.

Sadly, the truth is no obstacle for some. Those who believe Jupiter has ignited will more than likely:

1. Conveniently overlook your post.
  2. Mysteriously disappear from the thread, not to be seen until the next ridiculous conspiracy.
  3. Claim the NWO has masked/disguised the true nature of Jupiter with cloaking technology garnered from the Grays... (my personal favorite).

I also find it a bit conspicuous that the 15th was the birthday of Galileo Galilei. I know all too well how people like to link dates. What better idea than to plunge a spacecraft named after him into Jupiter on his birthday and create a new Sun!

Also for those who think Galileo is going to turn Jupiter into a sun, please read here.

Bad Astronomy - "Jupiter & Galileo"

So far the only evidence the "Jupiter has ignited" crowd has given to support their theory is George Lucas, Luke Skywalker, Arthur C. Clarke, 2010, a website that promotes the Ashtar Command and misinterpreted footage. Am I missing something here?

Very scientific indeed!

IRM

[edit on 16/2/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

For crying out loud

If you want to see whether Jupiter has caught fire or not, why don't you go out and take a look for yourself?

Jupiter is not hidden behind the sun. You could see it for half an hour before sunrise this morning.

Look. Here. See?

that's not a webcam.. or a radiometer.. that's a java web program that's been in use for years .. re-playing the same thing it did last year according to a predestined mathematic astronomical model.

just as much backup to your arguement is if i showed you a photo I randomly downloaded in 95' on prodigy-online ?

-

-

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

"""Claim the NWO has masked/disguised the true nature of Jupiter with cloaking technology garnered from the Grays... """

because.. that. in an infinite universe.. is completely.. unavoidably.. entirely.. impossible.. no matter for how long we strive to those levels of technological advancement.. it will ALWAYS be.. and remain.. throughout eternity.. completely impossible.. even in ten thousand years.. will remain .. impossible.. even to the point when we discover perfection of time travel .. EVEN THEN.. it will be impossible to conceal solar events from the speck of dust that is earth..
completely.. utterly.. impossible.. in the infinite expanse of time and space.. never happen.. never will....

ever...

WOW the debunkers are LIVE and AWAKE on this one folks!!

must mean something's actually REAL and HAPPENING!!

pay even more attention folks.. do your own research and report back!!

we got a live one here!!

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

So - nothing on that site is real time?

BTW: I awoke in the middle of the night last night and my room was super bright - like a full moon (I face south). I knew it could not be a full moon since we had it last weekend.

I looked out and it was a 1/2 to 1/4 moon, yet it was giving off a brightness of a full moon.

did anyone else notice the "brightness" of the moon - last night?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

that's a java web program that's been in use for years .. re-playing the same thing it did last year according to a predestined mathematic astronomical model.

Sweet smokin' Honeychile Rider! You mean Jupiter hasn't just become a star, it's changed orbit, too?

Maybe you're one of those people who looks into the night sky and sees only anonymous points of light. I'm no big stargazer myself, but I can certainly identify the visible planets. I assure you Jupiter hasn't wandered off course. It isn't playing peek-a-boo behind the moon. It is where it's supposed to be.

I have every expectation of its staying there.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
No, you are putting "words" into his post.... he NEVER said it is not on the same orbit, as before, he is saying that the website - does not show the "current" pictures etc.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My 2 cents. Keep the change, please.

Jupiter is a gas giant- and while the respected theory is it's not able to go nuclear because of mass, ect- We all know scientists can be WRONG. They cant even get a straight question like "does Mars have water?" answered in one line, for crying out loud.

Second- Jupiter has taken 2 hits to it's atmosphere and possibly- it's core. The core is supposedly rocky, huge (10 earths from this one site I am looking at), and surrounded in semi solidified versions of water, methane, and ammonia. I wont say ice, due to the high temps- but extreme pressure does make certain gasses and liquids TURN semi- solid.

Now- what if the core is a blob of pure uranium? I am supposing, here. Rant and rave all you want. I'll ignore it and go make myself a snack while you wear yourself thin.

We all know Uranium is fissionable- that's why they stick it in nukes, after all. For a quick lesson- a ball of U238 or something similar is hit with plates of metal shaped to the ball shape of the Uranium. charges behind the plates push them into the metal, and well... you get a slight bang...

Let's say this is the case with Jupiter- only instead of the varying densities of plates, you have liquid and gas compressed into s substance one can only imagine- and the densities are just right... Now, add 1 comet, whose pieces add to this soup, and then add just a little more uranium in the form of Galileo, along with the rest of the probe- a conglomeration of metal, gasses, plastics, everything- and it manages to stay intact (Think melted and compressed into a ball). It could conceivably become a bomb in it's own right. Or, it just becomes more radioactive, or just a lot more due to the pressure. It's slowed by the super dense atmosphere, lands *cough* 'gently' on Jupiter's core, and begins to burrow slowly into the core-(the dense atmosphere shoves it in- not it turns into a creature and burrows!) and the additions of cometary material helps turn Jupiter into a nuclear furnace.

At this time, Jupiter's behind the sun. It going "Fwoosh" from the combined mileage of it's distance from the sun and OUR distance from the sun, with the sun as a barrier, not to mention whatever moons are in it's line of sight, the asteroid belt, the sun's magnetic field, and on and on would take the brunt of the shock FIRST- would make anything shockwave like dissipate. If there was even a shockwave to begin with. I cant remember where I read it, but someone stated a star being born just lights up like a match being struck. No earth shattering kaboom- it just turns on with a minimal fuss. Which would be good, because if it 'exploded on'- it'd send a good deal of it's fuel into space.

Like I said- it's a theory. A crazy, maybe scientific theory... However- almost anything's possible. Look at everything around us that was stated to be impossible. Everything from Flight to computers you can stick in your pocket- to Mars having liquid water. And who were some of those 'impossible sayers'? SCIENTISTS. so, come march, we'll see if there's a new star in the sky- and wonder if we can even get to sleep if it's too bright.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
that's not a webcam.. or a radiometer.. that's a java web program that's been in use for years .. re-playing the same thing it did last year according to a predestined mathematic astronomical model.

just as much backup to your arguement is if i showed you a photo I randomly downloaded in 95' on prodigy-online ?

Can you be up at about 6:30am eastern? Let me ask you, point blank, if I show you a live telescopic image of Jupiter tomorrow morning will you admit you were wrong, or will you find some excuse? Please be honest because I don't want to wake up early if it's going to be for nothing.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have a question.........

could the "sonic booms" that have been heard around the world - actually be the sound of the "explosion" that happened behind the sun.... be it the Jupiter "ignited" theory or another?

Is that possible - the sound would not get here until weeks after it happened?

Could the sats collide be kind of a cover up due to an "explostion" in the universe? That would take care of the "reasons" people are hearing and seeing things in the sky?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Can you be up at about 6:30am eastern? Let me ask you, point blank, if I show you a live telescopic image of Jupiter tomorrow morning will you admit you were wrong, or will you find some excuse? Please be honest because I don't want to wake up early if it's going to be for nothing.

just for you.. if you're right.. then i will eat my shoe.. but not only will i eat my shoe.. but i will eat my shoe as i've turned my head backwards ala-The Exorcist.. so that the line of sight from the camera will not see my shoe being eaten by my mouth...

then when my shoe is seen coming around the side of my head.. it will be not a shoe...

but a shoe on fire.

get real.

we're talking about a hypothetical situation..

we're debating it's relevance to the solar system .. and if it could of whouold have.. etc..

whether it happened or not .. whatever..

it's somethign that an intelligent civilization at one point in their history..

WOULD HONESTLY CONTEMPLATE ACCOMPLISHING at ONE POINT OR ANOTHER.. so relax home=boy..
take a chill-pill.

and enjoy the show.

-

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

In space, no one can hear you explode. Every explosion in space manifests as light, not as sound. There's nothing in our area of space to conduct a sound wave. Some nebulae are sometimes said by the MSM to have a detectable "sound," but it's really more like a very long period variation in the nebulae's density. You wouldn't hear a thing in it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

get real.

I was being quite real. You, apparently, were not.

whether it happened or not .. whatever..

Then why did you take issue with the Java applet not being a live image? Just a minute ago you were demanding to see a webcam of Jupiter. I offered just that. I guess you don't honestly believe it's enough of a possibility to have occured after all.

If anyone here honestly believes Jupiter ignited or exploded and wants to verify or refute that belief, please just say the word and I'll show jupiter tomorrow morning. I'm thinking of doing my planned Venus demonstration from the "bright star half full" thread tonight if the weather holds as forecasters are predicting, so it makes sense for me to offer this webcast the following morning since my equipment will be set up anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join