It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by el_bloom

My pleasure. Any excuse to drag out the scopes!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
OK Folks. A couple of points:

Let's address the Topic and leave out the posts about your opinions of other members.

Also Please edit your quotes to the salient material needed to make your point!

There is no need to repeat entire posts within the body of your response.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

As well, there is no need to quote the post immediately above your own.

Your cooperation will be appreciated.
Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

[edit on Mon Feb 16 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I apologize if your question(s) have already been answered as I don't have the time to cover the entire thread at the moment. With that said, I believe most of the recent discussion regarding this topic has stemmed from a video going around claiming that SOHO captured a timelapse showing an "Unknown Giant Object exploding" after being hit by a CME produced by the sun.

Video is here

It turns out that the unknown object is actually Venus, and we're simply watching a beautiful video of a CME. The bright light distortion is nothing more than a lens flare. Nothing abnormal whatsoever. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Edit: Fixed spelling.

- Strype

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Strype]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

For those who lean toward the fusion model of the Sun I understand the skepticism.

Kinda surprised that no one has contemplated a possible explanation with the electrical model (if this has occurred). Since quite a bit of the information of it i was exposed to from this website. The electrical model of the universe is a more reasonable explanation of a lot of stuff we have observed in the universe.

With the electrical model.... the energy source does not come from within the Sun but the electrical currents of the universe that the huge sphere that is on fire(Sun) is interacting with.

So for me first thing that ran through my head (with this Jupiter igniting thing) is "If so then why? or Is this new or just first time we have noticed? If new than what electro magnetic influence has changed to allow this to occur. The returning of a star (red dwarf that Nibiru orbits). And if this did happen then can we expect possible affects like this with Saturn.

Or this is another bullpucky story that someone pulled out of thier bumm.

Oh and this isnt the first time i have heard theories that planets might have been stars at one time seem to recall somewhere hearing that saturn was once a star, why not another large sphere named jupiter.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

LOL!!! Hilarious. Covert probe? There was NOTHING covert about the Galileo probe, and guess what? It carried the exact same kind of plutonium RTGs and plunged into Jupiter years ago. Know what happened? Absolutely nothing, just like everyone has tried to tell you.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ngchunter]

funny I seem to remember that not long after Galileo plunged into Jupiter that a large black spot appeared not far from the red spot.. correct me if I am wrong..

peace

daz__

(quote bbcode)

[edit on Mon Feb 16 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by daz__

You are correct, here are pictures from it. from link: www.enterprisemission.com...

Van der Worp further argued that this fission reaction might well initiate a much larger thermonuclear fusion reaction in the deuterium (heavy hydrogen) making up a significant percentage of Jupiter’s atmosphere – ultimately, igniting Jupiter as the solar system’s second sun!

Needless to say, NASA (and essentially all other observers, including myself!) thought these ideas “well beyond the fringe” ….

Fast-forward the film to almost one month later … October 19, 2003.

On that night, an amateur astronomer in Belgium, Olivier Meeckers, secured a remarkable composite “Webcam” image of Jupiter through a small refracting telescope (inverted, as in a telescopic view, below). On the image, a dark black “splotch” showed up on the southern edge of Jupiter’s well-known “North Equatorial Belt,” trailing a fainter “tail” southwest (image center).

Half an hour later Meeckers took a second set of frames, resulting in a second composite (below, right). The “splotch” clearly was still present, though Jupiter’s fast atmospheric rotation had obviously moved it several thousand miles further east

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just to clear things up, it really is Mercury, getting a good old toasting from daddy Helios.

Venus, on 21st Jan 09 was 19 degrees in Pisces, and the Sun (conjuncting Mercury as it moved into Aquarius) was 47 degrees away.

Mercury was performing a swift little retrograde dance (from our perspective, but not STEREOs) at the time.

As for the curiosities, yes the "explosion" looks to me like lens flare, but i am sure that mercury does seem a little brighter after the CME hit it. Again it could be automatic light adjustment by the camera, so perhaps this wole thing is nothing of import.

I too, read Arthur C Clarke's books and would certainly give a little internal "wayhay!" if something wonderful happened, but I'm currently more concerned with the meteors heading this way (ATS Link).

I'm also disappointed to have missed some auroras that have been occurring here because it's been so cloudy.

I Guess You Can't Have Everything.

Sometimes You Can't Have Anything.

Wishful thinking sucks!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I am trying to understand this whole "theory" that is going around, that Jupiter "Ignited" while it has been behind the Sun. When it gets from behind the sun at the end of March, supposively we will be able to see this "second" sun.

I have been reading through and so far havent seen it (If it has been pointed out it wouldnt hurt for a reminder at this point) but Jupiter has been in full view for some time now. I have been looking at it at night for the past few months.
Right now it is low in the west in the early evening. so there goes the "When it gets from behind the sun at the end of March" idea right away.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Jupiter is not behind the sun but it is not visible in the evening. It rises in the east just before the sun and sets just before the sun.

Venus is visible low in the west after sunset.

[edit on 2/16/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I don't get any of this either, but I found this website which sounds interesting, even though I don't get it.
Did Nasa Stereo Behind the Jupiter Ignition?

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Ron Paul Girl]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by daz__
funny I seem to remember that not long after Galileo plunged into Jupiter that a large black spot appeared not far from the red spot.. correct me if I am wrong..

What does that have to do with the galileo probe, exactly? Galileo plunged into jupiter within a degree of the equator, nowhere near the dark storm seen later at 10 degrees north latitude.
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

In fact, such storms are a common occurance on Jupiter. Galileo itself photographed them before its mission ended:
ciclops.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daz__

Ok. The spot that Hoagland rants about was very far from the red spot (see above).

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by el_bloom

I disagree, did you see the video I created?

"UPDATE: Tried loading on YouTube and quality sucked. I don't have time to tinker with it, but I've uploaded the raw *.mov (quicktime) file on a free hosting service. Here is the link:

www....(nolink)/?n1neuhyuxx0

You can download the file directly as mov. The service pops up some ad, so sorry about that. If you know of another place to host it let me know."

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nwosigns

How about here:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_bloom

Originally posted by Acidtastic
The more I look at that, the more it looks like lens flare. It had me earlier, but I think I'll conceed defeat and fold. We're not all doomed (again)

Sure the ring-flare could be a lens flare, but that rapidly brightening "starlike thing" produces it !! it is superbright !! Imho it´s pretty irrelevant if it´s Jupiter or something else, who cares ? IT IS HERE !!! NOW !!!!

Please all you naysayers - care to throw some ideas at us WHAT THIS IS instead of WHAT IT IS NOT ?!?

cheers.

From that image on SOHO

Several instruments on STEREO (Behind) observed the progress of a good-sized coronal mass ejection (CME) as it blasted out from the sun and into space (Jan. 21-25, 2009).

The burst of particles was first spotted late on Jan. 21 by the COR2 coronagraph as a bulbous cloud with a bright core, which expanded to the right. With its broad field of view to the right of the sun the HI1 instrument picked up the cloud early on Jan. 22 and watched it expand even further over the next two days. (The very bright object to the right of the middle is Venus.) Lastly, the HI2 imager (see video) tracked the much fainter CME cloud as it crossed millions of miles of space and continued to expand further through Jan. 25. The CME did not appear to generate any effects here on Earth, but the CME was detected by the other STEREO spacecraft (Ahead) as it passed by.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

That is a very interesting site.

Thank you for the link.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by nwosigns

How about here:

Wow! Thanks Chadwickus. Being a newbie I haven't seen all the bells & whistles.

Here is the video I did showing Mercury's movement in relation to earth and Jupiter. Which I think resembles the objects in the Stereo Solar image.

Thanks again Chadwickus.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I have been reading through and so far havent seen it (If it has been pointed out it wouldnt hurt for a reminder at this point) but Jupiter has been in full view for some time now.

It's been mentioned. Ngchunter mentioned it. Jra mentioned it twice. Phage mentioned it - again, twice. I mentioned it in letters the height of the Hollywood sign.

No dice.

There are none so blind as they who will not see.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Astyanax]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There was a thread that had photos of electrical activity on Jupiter.
However this must have been happening for thousands of years.

Perhaps the reference is to emanating light being more than the
reflected sun light.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Simple---anyone who claims one of the gas giants currently behind the sun ignited into a star and we won't notice for a few weeks has no concept of celestial mechanics, and even someone with a 4th grade education could discount the theory--and I hesitate to call it a theory--.
Does anyone suppose ALL the planets are in eclipse from Jupiter?
The reflected light from 2 suns at 2 different angles would immediately be noticeable, as would be the increased magnitude of all bodies reflecting that light. I decline to mention the hundreds of other effects that would immediately make such an occurrence obvious to even a casual observer, anywhere in the solar system.

"And this is the end of Zeta Talk---debunked."

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join