It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Link1

Link2

Some good info on link1 about what is happening with jupiter...

Rgds

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shane84
Im constantly stunned at how people can believe this kind of crap at all.

Don't you think if Jupiter was able to burn, it would have possibly ignited when the Schumacher Levy comet smashed into it creating massive explosions across its surface a few years back?

I was thinking the same exact thing when I first started reading through this thread. Great observation!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Will Jupiter turn into a sun?!

Well.. no. And this sort of thing is what happens when someone watches 2010 a few too many times.

You'd think hoaxers and alarmists would at least come up with something original.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

Don't you think if Jupiter was able to burn, it would have possibly ignited when the Schumacher Levy comet smashed into it creating massive explosions across its surface a few years back?

I was thinking the same exact thing when I first started reading through this thread. Great observation!

schumacher didn't have 72 lbs of weapons-grad plutonium like Cassini does...
but that's going into saturn in 2010.

but we're talking about 2 things int this thread.

1 saturn and cassini and project lucifer

2 jupiter being ignited by a possibly covert similar cassini-like probe

-

-

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I also notice something big on the sun...

Check out here

using the params
Telescope = behind cor1
resolution = 256 or 512
start/stop = 20090123 / 20090130 you may have to go up by 2/3day increments...
slideshow option

using these settings you will see approx six large objects appear to explode from the sun at approx 10 oclock. The objects remain in view until the 30th when it appears they obscure the picture somehow. It is clear from this that the objects are being ejected from the sun, unless something blew up behind it. This is on the left side of the sun compared to the jupiter explosion on the right.

Initially seen on the 24th it progresses and appears to get closer...

I see large meteors heading this way.... take a look yourself...

There was a movie about this a few years ago, with a black president trying to save the world and they warned us about something big coming.

I've checked the most recent pictures and they are all still covered by some kind of filter.

This is it..... I created a thread herehere on it.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think it's all to do with the great shift and ascension. All I have read about it is channelled messages.

abundanthope.net...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
its just a way to cover up the fact that Nibiru is going to be within telescope range for most of the southern hemisphere. look up "winged" or "horned" disc and you'll most likely see what I am speaking of. Just wait and see when the SPT images start pouring in. if a planet was to ignite in space we would have alot more light during the night no matter what side of the earth your on at night. We would be a planet with a midnight sun. just another way the government thinks that everyone on our planet are a bunch of thumb-less idiots who cant determine fact from fiction.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states
reply to post by questioningall

Jupiter does not have enough mass/pressure or high temperature needed for nuclear fusion so therefore couldnt possibly ignite.

Not to mention the fact that this "Theory" seems to base its Hypothesis solely upon the Sun's ability to somehow "Ignite" Jupiter. The Planet itself is far too distant to even be effected in such a manner. If Jupiter "Ignited", then Venus should have done so as well a long time ago (It is of a much Lesser Mass, but of an Extremely Gaseous Atmosphere (More Similar to Jupiter than any other Inner Planet), and resides at a much Closer Distance from our Sun).

EDIT-I just read the ATS Version of this "Theory", and it seems even more Far-Fetched. Without delving into all of the Specifics, here are some facts:

The Galileo Space Probe Impacted Jupiter's Atmosphere on September 21st, 2003, at a Speed of 108,000 Miles Per Hour. Jupiter itself is roughly 89,000 Miles in Diameter at its Widest Point. Besides the fact that the Galileo Probe would have become completely obliterated only Moments after Atmospheric Impact, if it did in fact continue its Descent into Jupiter's Atmosphere, it would most likely last no more than 150 or so Miles before facing Complete Destruction. Facing an Increase in Gravity, combined with a Continued Terminal Velocity Rate of Descent, the Probe would not have lasted for more than an Hour at the Very Most. Even accounting for the most EXTREME scenario of Bouncing about in 200 MPH + Jet Streams, the Probe would have been destroyed LONG ago.

Also, Astronomers the World over would have already witnessed the Ill-affects of a "Nuclear Catastrophe", or even the slightest sign of Planetary Compression/Ignition, long before now. It is still under observation every single day RIGHT NOW, and NO, there are No signs of Stellar Ignition whatsoever.

[edit on 2-16-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
first post, anyonymous. to reply directly to the thread and some of the posts, it's my opinion that we may be told jupiter has ignited to cover for the appearance of 'planet x'. obviously that could be disproved by anyone with a telescope at night in a few weeks, but to the layman, they'll believe anything on tv, even if someone comes on there and explains to them they've been lied to. hypothetically, if jupiter ignited, wouldn't the sun gaurd earth from any blasts being between eachother?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There is a possibillity of a second star comming from behind the sun
but its hardly jupiter it coud be the Destroyer or niribu if its true
and its has a Brown dwarf star with it as some clame.

if i remeber correctly alot of stars out there is binary systems so for the sun to have a smaller "twin" is not impossible

and even a brown dwarf gives of alot of radiation so maybe when its close to earth it woud skine abit.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Care to explain why Jupiter can't be a star if ignited, Arthur C. Clarke claimed it could be ignited by setting of a small nuclear explosion in Jupiters atmosphere (see: project Lucifer).

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
From what I've heard is that Jupiter has about the same chemical build as our sun, what differs is that it not on fire so to say. Now, while approaching this next solar-maximum to occur in 2012, I've heard that the sun will get very hot and even ignite Jupiter. Temperature has already reached strange heights I think I heard somewhere.

However, I found this:
Jupiter orbits the Sun five times further out than does the Earth, so that each unit area of its surface receives only about one twenty-fifth, or 4%, of the solar energy falling on a similar-sized patch of our own world. Although Jupiter has virtually the same elemental composition as the Sun, it would have needed at least 10 times more mass in order to have become a brown dwarf, and about 80 times more mass in order to have initiated nuclear reactions and shone as a star.
(source: Jupiter)

Also this is an interesting read:
Cosmos NASA
I know a lot of people here distrust NASA, oh well..

tl;dr: Seemlingly it has the chemical composition but lacks the mass and density. However I doubt we humans know all the dynamics of planets, I guess things will unfold with time, as will this..

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I've found some large objects coming our way from the explosion that we were shown from the above link.

I've created a thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because I think we have the movie scenario "Deep Impact"...

Here's an interesting article

Do We Really Want Another Black President After The Events Of Deep Impact?

By Kevin Henry February 13, 2008 | Issue 44•07

The coincidences keep getting bigger...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

and i will add to this statement.. "massive explosions" that were INFACT bigger than EARTH..

do you honestly think that if jupiter suddenly turned into a sun "behind" the sun it would have NO affect on planet earth???????????

Im just pointing out this here.. IF it was the case then dont you thing the gravity of "jupiter" would affect earths OWN rotation around the sun

OH HELL YEAHHH...

BUNK totaly BUNK

jupiter is still the same as it was yesterday A GAS GIANT..

cmon people wake up?????

If Jupiter "turned" into a sun with the same mass then it would have no affect whatsoever on anything in the solar system...as far as gravity is concerned. However as a sun it would give off energy but since it it is much farther away then the sun is and much smaller thenif it was "glowing" the amount of energy would be trivial in comparison.

Net effect : a brighter light in the sky which buggers up amateur astronomy!

So it may be bunk but your assessment of the consequences is wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
people in ATS sure love a good debate dont we? lol still here is my 2 cents

could it happen? maybe with the right technology.

has it happened? i dont know im not an astronomer.

would it effect us? depends where it was when it happened. behind the sun im pretty sure we wouldnt feel much.

having said that im a little suprised at how sure some people here are about what would and wouldnt happend. i didnt realize there were so many experts on the field posting on ATS. guess you learn something new everyday.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Anything to do with this, maybe?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

For crying out loud

If you want to see whether Jupiter has caught fire or not, why don't you go out and take a look for yourself?

Jupiter is not hidden behind the sun. You could see it for half an hour before sunrise this morning.

Look. Here. See?

Did any of you see two suns rise this morning?

Pfft. What's the use.

For once I am one hundred percent in sympathy with theresult.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Astyanax]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oldno7brand

what the hell was that??????

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

The video 'evidence' of this supposed 'miracle'. In fact just an ordinary video of a solar flare.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hey guys , could some of the more knowing space guys here please look at what "AllTiedTogether" has wrote . This might probably be nothing (and probably not connected with Jupiter being ignited :@@
but humor me . If any of you would hop over to his thread and take a look at the photos and care to put some light on it I would be very grateful.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join