It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

First, don't know if Jupiter Ignited, don't have a telescope and none of the Soho or stereo images show this, since, it's behind the sun.

2nd. Here is a link that has a vid that shows something glowing as it moves to the right, from the Stereo Sun images. This link also has 2 links to a description about Jupiter Igniting.

saviorsofearth.ning.com...

3rd. The video showing a glowing object that releases a "CME" is NOT Jupiter. It is Mercury.

At least as far as I know, it's Mercury coming in front of the sun, so the Video showing the glowing object is incorrect. I am not an astronomer, I am only basing my information on astro programs.

Based on what I know, Jupiter is moving Left and Mercury is moving right, relative to earth, so the video is incorrect.

I will post a video on you tube showing mercury moving in the same pattern as the video showing the glowing object.

Not sure why the "CME" came from Mercury, from the video it looks like a response to the Sun's CME.

Please be patient while I load the video.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Tried loading on YouTube and quality sucked. I don't have time to tinker with it, but I've uploaded the raw *.mov (quicktime) file on a free hosting service. Here is the link:

www....(nolink)/?n1neuhyuxx0

You can download the file directly as mov. The service pops up some ad, so sorry about that. If you know of another place to host it let me know.

PS. If you want to take the vid and upload to YT, fine by me.

[edit on 2/16/2009 by nwosigns]

[edit on 2/16/2009 by nwosigns]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
First of all it IS possible for Jupiter to ignite, maybe not into a Sun like our present one, but fusion is possible.

Jupiter is like a vacuum cleaner mopping up all the loose debris flying about in space, it therefore gains mass at a rapid rate and could eventually have the chemical potential, pressure and heat to ignite.

I doubt it has happened now though, someone would have noticed and it would have effected the gravity of various other visible objects.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Why do you always seem to assume that these things are directed at you? you do that a lot IMO, what I was referring too, is the lack of interest in even considering a possibility, no matter how far out it sounds.

Seeing how you think I was referring to you, why do you always have to jump in with an answer, where you can provide as much evidence as the next guy? IE very little,yes it's that old why should the believers be the only ones who provide the evidence?

All you ever seem to do is ram your supposed Scientific facts in the direction of anyone with an opinion different to your own, but can I ask you were you got your Scientific facts from? I have never said that Jupiter has ignited, but that is to say as a Scientist, I would never ever say that it was impossible, not because I am an idiot, never have been never will be, but you have said it is not possible and seem 100% sure of that, so can I see your data? or a link to where you got your data?

For someone who strives to tell the World of how Logical you are, and always thinking outside the box, well it's not logical that someone who lives eats and breaths logic, as you have said in the past, would even consider making a statement like that? after all what is logic? saying what you see? so you have already broken your own rule.

The OP simply asked a question, I very much doubt they started this thread to have it torn down by your illogical nonsense, of course that is IMO, something I know we are all entitled to here on ATS am I right? as you are also, so why do you always fight against the discussion? why do you always seem to put smiley faces in your posts, especially when it's at the expense of someone else's perfectly normal and valid questions? why do you do that?

Because to me INFAREDMAN, you show all the signs of immaturity, and seem to use the responses you do, to cover up your own short comings, sorry but that is IMO of course, but you can prove me wrong by sharing your Scientific facts?

I look forward to seeing your data as I'm sure are others, I feel you will provide as much evidence as I can, if your using logic, then good luck with that, oh and yes I can see how someone with a red face could conceive my remarks in my earlier post as directed at them, thank you for that.

Please address the topic and not each other

[edit on Mon Feb 16 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is an interesting vid. showing some kind of solar hit to the Earth on the 21st of Jan.

Now, I have watched the sequence over and over again from this site:
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Now, I see something coming off the sun ( a wave of energy) - it looks very strong. In fact put the dates of 20090118 to 20090130 -

watch the sun not Jupiter.... it is interesting, and I wonder if it has something to do - with what looked like explosions as Jupiter was getting out of range of the lens.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Jupiter does not have enough mass to fuse Deuterium, if so it would have been a brown dwarf which would not even have enough luminosity to be seen from earth. Even that being the case it's gravitational pull would disrupt Earth's orbit. This is 2001 a space odyssey, a series of books riddled with scientific inaccuracies. I do not understand the ignorance of you people.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelHeart

Even if Jupiter gained enough mass to cause the pressure needed to collapse into a star it's gravitational effect wouldn't be that dangerous to us IMO. Look how close we are to the Sun and it's effect is many times that of what a star in Jupiter's vicinity would be. We'd just have an extra sun to look at. Mass is mass. Whether it's a huge planet or a small star gravity is proportional to the mass of an object.

Not to mention it's "cleaning" properties of snagging asteroids and comets would probably be much better than it is now...heck it might be a benefit to us if it did become a small star

Jupiter is not what you'd call "next door" to us.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Jupiter is visible just before dawn. Very low on the horizon. I saw it rise this morning and everything is hunky dory.

Hey Phage, did you see this thing, too ?? should be superbright, or not ? AND in the same position roughly as Jupiter as seen from stereo behind HI1 ?? isn´t it ??

[edit on 16-2-2009 by el_bloom]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_bloom

Originally posted by Phage
Jupiter is visible just before dawn. Very low on the horizon. I saw it rise this morning and everything is hunky dory.

Hey Phage, did you see this thing, too ?? should be superbright, or not ? AND in the same position roughly as Jupiter as seen from stereo behind HI1 ?? isn´t it ??

The more I look at that, the more it looks like lens flare. It had me earlier, but I think I'll conceed defeat and fold. We're not all doomed (again)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

The minimum requirement to fuse Deuterium is 13 Jupiter masses, however there have been a few with as little as 5 JMs. I'm saying if there were that much mass reqired for Jupiter to ignite in the first place, earth would not be in orbiting where it is now, and most likely would have been asteroid belt until accreted by a larger venus or mars. Also Brown and red dwarfs are commonly serparated by a wider margin than just 4 AUs.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelHeart

Yes I agree. There isn't any way for Jupiter to become a star as it is or it would have when the solar system formed.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
The more I look at that, the more it looks like lens flare. It had me earlier, but I think I'll conceed defeat and fold. We're not all doomed (again)

Sure the ring-flare could be a lens flare, but that rapidly brightening "starlike thing" produces it !! it is superbright !! Imho it´s pretty irrelevant if it´s Jupiter or something else, who cares ? IT IS HERE !!! NOW !!!!

Please all you naysayers - care to throw some ideas at us WHAT THIS IS instead of WHAT IT IS NOT ?!?

cheers.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by el_bloom

It's most likely a lens flare...possibly a CME but Jupiter is fine. I'll drag out my scope tonight and check.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The Vid you posted shows Mercury. See my post above to questioningall.

I created a video which is indicated in the Update of the post.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Okay, look at the vid, I posted from the 18th - of an event hitting the Earth's magnetic field.

Then watch on that vid, the same date a huge flare came off the sun... watch the sequence...... it seems the timing would be right - of when that "flare" reached Jupiter - just as it was getting out of view, when that huge explosion or whatever it was happened from Jupiter.

The point is, this vid, is what has made others "believe" from sites on the internet, that Jupiter had ignited.

What happened to Jupiter - I don't know - but it DOES look like "something" happened. So I can understand where all this "chatter" is coming from.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Where are those video's from? SOHO? I'm not exactly sure but I don't know if SOHO can image Jupiter or not. Somebody who is more knowledgable can correct me please.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sorry

[edit on 16-2-2009 by AmenStop]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Nothing has happened to Jupiter. If you look at the eastern horizon about a half hour or so before sunrise you will see Jupiter rise. It is perfectly fine, looking just like it has always looked. It did not ignite.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nwosigns

Hey folks...here is a link with a SOHO image with 4 planets

SOHO planet image

[edit on 16-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwosigns

The Vid you posted shows Mercury. See my post above to questioningall.

I created a video which is indicated in the Update of the post.

Spaceweather says it is Venus dear friend
With its broad field of view to the right of the sun the HI1 instrument picked up the cloud early on Jan. 22 and watched it expand even further over the next two days. (The very bright object to the right of the middle is Venus.)

btw. thank you griffin for your efforts to view this ! I deeply appreciate.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join