It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Okay,

first everyone is posting these attack type posts.........

that is NOT THE POINT of THIS thread!!!

First, as I said......... I had NEVER EVEN HEARD of a theory like that before of "Jupiter Igniting".

OKay? so that is the FIRST base of this thread!!

Where does that "theory" of possiblity come from?

NOW - second................... WHY am I seeing in various websites.......... the thought that IT HAS OCCURED - while it has been on the other side of the sun right now?

I don't just want post of "What a stupid theory" - I WANT TO KNOW
WHERE that Theory comes from and WHY!???

What is the BASIS of the "theory"!?

[edit on 15-2-2009 by questioningall]

“I WANT TO KNOW WHERE that Theory comes from and WHY!???”

It’s the same answer to both questions and it’s quite simple.

There are idiots on the internet.

People that get their exercise running in circles and jumping to conclusions.

People that take one little part of a fact and blow it so far out of proportion as to what is really happening without doing any research.

I think this particular one got started with the Galileo into Jupiter impact starting a nuclear explosion and it’s just run since then.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
reply to post by questioningall

Please understand that people "like me" who have been into the subject of space and have took the time to read and study it .. find threads and claims by others to be nothing more than a talking shop of compleat nonsens..

Like the person who talks about black holes.. and how it would still relate to our solour system... "there would not be one"..

why? well take a look at a supper nova.. do you think the solour system would still be intact? its a preception of something one does not understand becouse they have no grasp or took the time to educate ones self on the understanding of the underlying principles of it..

I get flamed all the time for my grammer and my spelling but rest assured i can addup and i can understand physics better than most.. call it dyslexier or whatever i dont care..

Just wanted to make that point befor you make another thread on something you have no clue about..

you should understand the frustration some of us go through having to listen to someone who comes over like a seven year old who is not allowed over to the shop to buy candy..

again learn some basic english or slow down while you type.. try not to get so emotionally involved and you might sound then like the teacher you are eager to try to be.. the OP started a thread asking questions about something they just heard.. is it unreasonable to answer their question with a little civility and respect..

peace

daz__

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

I would have though it would have been very obvious from my post why I bothered to write anything at all.. If you can't read between the lines then I can't be bothered explaining to ya..

peace

daz__

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Mon Feb 16 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
reply to post by theresult

Please FAST FORWARD to 1:36 to bypass B.S.
Here is a video about the subject with some (supposed) video of our now ignited Jupiter as well as results showing the blast from its ignition. Please fast forward to 1:36 to get to scientific stuff and bypass the B.S.

lightworkers.org...

Hate to break it to em, but it's a coronal mass ejection

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Several instruments on STEREO (Behind) observed the progress of a good-sized coronal mass ejection (CME) as it blasted out from the sun and into space (Jan. 21-25, 2009).

The burst of particles was first spotted late on Jan. 21 by the COR2 coronagraph as a bulbous cloud with a bright core, which expanded to the right. With its broad field of view to the right of the sun the HI1 instrument picked up the cloud early on Jan. 22 and watched it expand even further over the next two days. (The very bright object to the right of the middle is Venus.) Lastly, the HI2 imager (see video) tracked the much fainter CME cloud as it crossed millions of miles of space and continued to expand further through Jan. 25. The CME did not appear to generate any effects here on Earth, but the CME was detected by the other STEREO spacecraft (Ahead) as it passed by.

With their suites of instruments the STEREO spacecraft are providing us with new views of how CMEs evolve over time.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants

Please FAST FORWARD to 1:36 to bypass B.S.
Here is a video about the subject with some (supposed) video of our now ignited Jupiter as well as results showing the blast from its ignition. Please fast forward to 1:36 to get to scientific stuff and bypass the B.S.

lightworkers.org...

Interesting vid...

Is there any scientific proof - other than this?

I find it also interesting, due to everything I have heard about "Planet X/Nibiru) being able to be seen starting this month.

So I assume, if we "really" do see something brighter in the next few days, coming from behind the sun.... we would be able to know if it was Jupiter or not, compared to Nibiru.

It is funny, how at various websites, so many have claimed that Jupiter has "ignited" over the last couple of days.

That is why I started this thread, I have already learned from those posting here, things I did not know.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
InfraRedMan and theresult: WOW, have you guys ever heard of 'taking things a bit too far'?

I clicked on this thread to see what the OP had to say, and might find out. I did not click on this thread to see immediate and suspicious bashing of the theory. I now think Jupiter is going to ignite, because there must be something to this if there is someone so quick to deny it. Good Job. You gave me yet another reason to not believe in our current established sciences.

P.S.
I, for one, am convinced that Arthur Clarke was in a league reached by few people (and certainly a league without IRM and TR.) He was NOT 'just sci-fi.' A five minute research of the man's life is sufficient to establish this.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think I have uncovered why I have been seeing "the Jupiter has Ignited" information elsewhere on the web.

here are pictures from the NASA website.

It shows - explosion sequences from Jupiter, from the other day.

link: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

now go to that site then:

Choose the "Behind HI1" Telescope; Resolution 512;
Display
'Slideshow'; Start Date 20090126, End Date 20090202;
then press search

another screen will come up and watch, especially at the end, you can see explosions coming from the right side of the screen.

Jupiter is on right side of the screen, the sun on the
left.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

same vid as from here and it's from the sun

Several instruments on STEREO (Behind) observed the progress of a good-sized coronal mass ejection (CME) as it blasted out from the sun and into space (Jan. 21-25, 2009).

The burst of particles was first spotted late on Jan. 21 by the COR2 coronagraph as a bulbous cloud with a bright core, which expanded to the right. With its broad field of view to the right of the sun the HI1 instrument picked up the cloud early on Jan. 22 and watched it expand even further over the next two days. (The very bright object to the right of the middle is Venus.) Lastly, the HI2 imager (see video) tracked the much fainter CME cloud as it crossed millions of miles of space and continued to expand further through Jan. 25. The CME did not appear to generate any effects here on Earth, but the CME was detected by the other STEREO spacecraft (Ahead) as it passed by.

With their suites of instruments the STEREO spacecraft are providing us with new views of how CMEs evolve over time.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Jupiter's gravity wouldn't change, because its mass wouldn't change. It wouldn't change our orbit at all. If it turned into a black hole it still wouldn't affect us gravitationally because of the same reason.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm not very good at astronomy so... explain to me 2 things.

The thing "blowing up" is Jupiter
The sun is on the left side of the screen (not visible but emitting those "waves")

What is the little ball to the left of jupiter? one of its moons? (io, europa, gany or call)

And why could it "ignite" all of a sudden? Didnt jupiter go through the same trajectory before and nothing happened?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

Arthure C clarke thought of the IDEA of how life could be created by the OBBLISK.. "eater of worlds" if you ever watch the film "and yes its one of my favs" then you will understand the MEANING of the film...

It wasn't an OBBLISK as you said or even an Obelisk and the movie was 2010 not 2001.

They were billions of Monoliths that compressed the matter of Jupiter to make it go critical. Who's to say there are not some aliens that could do that. We could call the new sun Lucifer!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

i think you are being a little unfair!What questioningall asked was that someone explain the theory of Jupiter igniting while it was behind the sun she did not say it had ,just that she had read somewhere that it had done so. It was a question,not a statement!!!

we are not all experts on space and the planets,i knew that jupiter was a gas giant but did not know the physics connected to the subject ,i have learned a lot from your posts.But please be tolerant of others views...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I laugh at these socalled "scientists" here with their off the bat debunks.

I think pretty soon, the lot of you will be eating your hats, not nessecarily in this particular case, but you will.

[edit on 15/2/09 by enigmania]

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

i must admit at first I was sceptical until I viewed the stereo behind photos and now I have to say you have my full attention..

Now I don't want to put myself forward as an expert or anything but from the pictures I see what I would term as fillaments.. there are two reaching out to form a large circle.. These I would presume to be electrical connections in keeping with the electric universe theory.. Also between the fillaments you can see what seems to be a flare.. It all seems a bit over exposed but I would guess the the flare must be gigantic.. Bigger than any I have ever seen from the sun.. The fillaments themselves are not that unusual since there has been fillamentry connection between Jupiter and it's moon Io for quite some time.. I am going to hazzard a guess that the large moon to the left of Jupiter might be Io but when you view the fillaments you can see they reach much further out than the moon in the images.. This is quite a find you have here.. I do hope some of the resident ATS experts show their faces and try to shed some light on this because if jupiter is after blowing it's top we could be in for a rough ride.. Our saving grace would be that it happened on the other side of the sun which should shield us from some of the worst effects.. In blowing it's top it most likely would blow it's outer gas shell into space in all directions.. I truly hope this is not the case as I have read all the theories of what would happen if Saturn ignited and the only thing we could do would be to shelter under ground for a few weeks till things setteled down again.. A truly frightening thought..

I am also thinking of what would cause this and the only thing I can think of off hand is Comet Lulin.. What if little Comet Lulin out there on the other side of the sun is driving up electrical conditions so much that it caused this.. Just a thought..

peace OP and great find..
a star and flag for you

daz__

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It hasn't happened. It's complete bunk and nothing more! Jupiter does not have enough mass to ignite and become a second sun. Nor would we be able to ignite it with our current technology. If for arguments sake we could ignite Jupiter, it wouldn't burn for very long as it simply doesn't have the fuel. It's more likely we'd destroy the planet and in doing so, destroy ourselves.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is either a fantasy prone personality with both feet firmly out of reality, gullible - or off their medication.

IRM

Theoretically, Jupiter is the garbage collector of our solar system, and does aquire mass over time from consuming comets and asteroids.

The question then arises, what if it consumes enough matter, or the right kind of matter to trigger it's ignition?

Could it hit a critical mass, not saying it would happen for billions of years, but with the consumption of space matter, it has to be growing over time and potentially getting hotter at its core.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the "Galactic Allignment" that is supposed to be happening?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

same vid as from here and it's from the sun

The burst of particles was first spotted late on Jan. 21 by the COR2 coronagraph as a bulbous cloud with a bright core, which expanded to the right. With its broad field of view to the right of the sun the HI1 instrument picked up the cloud early on Jan. 22 and watched it expand even further over the next two days.

Look at the dates that this was discovered. Anybody remember what Powell and Biden said?

Sorry to add fuel to the fire, but I couldn't help myself.

Interesting theory though. It would connect alot of dots.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by PH43DRUS]

[edit on 15-2-2009 by PH43DRUS]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What the hell is goin on in that slide show???
That looks like an explosion - massive one at that, and what the heck is the thing moving from right to left - as if trying to escape the explosion?

This is truly bizarre - need more input from the 3 amigos!

wZn

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There’s nothing going on. It’s a regular CME. It happens all the time. It has nothing to do Jupiter. Jupiter ain’t burning.

CME
helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Read what’s at the SOHO vid. No mention of Jupiter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join