It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SURPRISE! Dems Break Promise: Stimulus Bill to Floor Friday

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
this outsider to politics

would suggest that the present Rush of Legislation
is the Democrats answer to the $700billion bailout fiacso that Paulson
& Bush Republicans rammed through the whole Congress,
during the waning days of the W. Bush regime.

So... in a tit-for-tat Payback... the newly elected Democrat regime is
going full throttle on ramming through this $787billion 'Stimulus & Recovery' bill.... It Too without deep & torturous discovery & deliberation.

Q) how can you tell if a politician's lying...
A) ...their lips are moving...

and therein is the how, why, i among others don't hold those loose 'campaign promises', such as that Obama pledge

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Pick and choose which economist/news source you want, and then bolster your views off of it.

Most of the people posting here have done this long ago man, including me. I'm not going to post a link on every single comment I make.

THere is no fricking way that throwing more tax money to everything under the sun is going to fix the problem.

People complain about big business so the answer is big government? Government is a business. They screw up everything they touch yet I'm expecting to trust them this time?

Our debt is so ridiculous right now and they are PILING IT ON. We can't do this anymore. WE CAN'T.

I don't even care what any economist says anymore WE CAN"T DO IT. We can't...but yet government says we can.

The public continues to be spit in the face while everyone else is getting huge handouts. I'm tired of it.

There is no defending this nonsense anymore. I don't care what anyone says. I don't care what party you are from. THIS IS WRONG.

Face it...we are being screwed. Our money is being stolen from us. Enslaving our children, grand children, and great grand children to a government because we can't seem to keep our spending under control.

We've been overspending for years and look at where we are...YET WE DO MORE??

This stimulus package possibly costing 3 trillion in the long run and add even more funding to the banks....IT"S OUT OF HAND.

They are going to crush the value of the dollar and millions of innocent people, who did absolutely nothing wrong, are going to pay the price for this.

It's wrong and it's flat out disgusting.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If you like facts and graphs and all that rot go here...

www.washingtonpost.com...

Not sure how accurate that is in relation to the final legislation... But it is interesting.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I agree, it may very well be a quid pro quo, but the simple fact remains that they are using their political games to the ruin of us all.
And like I said before, with this reckless spending, they are going to bite themselves in the ass because very soon, that money will become literally and utterly worthless.

They can't see beyond their own greed. We are talking about people who have EACH AND EVERY need of their's met with allowances not ACCOUNTING for their salary. Every bit of the money they make is made beyond what they need. Their food - paid for; Their house - paid for; Their car - hah, they have people that DRIVE THEM on our dime... and they continue to give themselves payraises while they literally destroy us.
Unconscionable. Completely reckless and now they can't control it. Spending is all they KNOW. And spending will kill them.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The U.S. Senate has scheduled a vote on passage of a $787 billion economic stimulus bill to start at 5:30 p.m

The vote may be held open for a few hours, delaying the final tally. The House of Representatives earlier on Friday approved the measure by a vote of 246-183 without a single Republican voting to support the measure.

Peace

I like many others will continue following this.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Snisha

Can you find these provisions in the bill? I cannot. Where did you get this stuff?

Clearly none of you have read the bill and just want to complain. So, I'm done.
Bathe in ignorance.

I am in the process of reading this lumbering travesty of a stimulus package. I shall amend the "bacon bits" I cited in my previous post to reflect their exact location within the legislation.

For starters try page 160, line 16 referencing 2 BILLION for "Federally Subsidized Childcare"

1.3 Billion for Amtrack page 239, line 18

1.5 Billion for the "Homelessness Prevention Fund" Page 273, line 3

2 Billion for "Project Based Rental Assistance" page 275, line 23

Oink, Oink, Oink

By the way BH, I totally agree with you on a point. As I read page after page of this porcine legislation, I liken it with out hesitation to "Bathing in Ignorance"
**********Federally Subsidized Ignorance**********

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Can you find these provisions in the bill? I cannot. Where did you get this stuff?

Clearly none of you have read the bill and just want to complain. So, I'm done.
Bathe in ignorance.

But wait... You have read the whole bill and followed all the changes, right? at least that is what you said in this post so you should be able to site exactly when something was removed, rather than just blanketly say you don't see it in the bill.

Like the $30 Million for the mouse, well it's worded as going to the California Coastal Conservancy. Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Minority Leader John Boehner, told MediaNews, "There are large pots of money in the bill that go to various agencies. One of those agencies said the salt marsh harvest mouse project is something we'd do if you gave us the money."

Wanna try again?

[edit on 2/13/09 by redhatty]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
1,100 pages passed that has not been read by a single person who voted for it.

Not only not Bi-Partisan as promised, but 11 Democrats (I think the number is right) voted against it.

Voted on without being read because they want their Holiday weekend.

Released at 11 PM last night knowing full well nobody voting would read it.

Hand written changes all over it that only the person who made the change understands.

I just saw it admitted by a Democratic Congressman that not a single member of Congress has read this or knows what is in it.

Anybody saying right now they know what is in it is a damn liar because it has been altered with hand written changes not in the original typed text. Even those who wrote it don't know what all is there.

Imagine for a moment writing and assembling 1,100 pages of type written material that is one of the most important documents in our history in just a few hours and then making numerous hand written, unvetted changes; voting on it then getting on camera and bragging about what you have just done.

I feel like vomiting. I have this horrible sinking feeling in my stomach.

We have just been had folks. Democrat, Republican or any other, we have been had. We have allowed one Party to lie to us about everything that matters, take over the entire government and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Very soon now people will start to realize what they have done, but that does not matter.

For two years they will do anything they want to us without fear of being stopped. The look on Pelosi's face as she was bragging on TV made my skin crawl.

Why do people join these Political Parties? Is it that people like to be used this way by charismatic Confidence Persons with Donkey's or Elephants on their backs?

What scares me even more is now that the Obama / Pelosi / Reid agenda is out of the bag, they will no longer have any reason to pretend this was not a take-over by the extreme Far Left. By now the regular, non-crazy Democrats must be having second thoughts and fears.

I almost voted for him which gives me the chills. How were they able to put Carters Soul into Obama? Obviously an advancement that has been hidden from us.

Anybody basing their thought on the available text should be fully aware that there have been many handwritten alterations. Somebody was showing it a while ago on the News and they showed page after page of handwritten changes to numbers and wording.

For you Pelosi fans - Good News! She got 50 million for the Salt Marsh in her District!!! I wonder. How many people could have been helped with 50 million. Being an experienced business owner, I could easily create many jobs. Oh well, Nancy needs it. She is heading to Europe on celebratory tour. I wonder if she is using her mini-Airforce One? Zeich Heil Pelosi!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

The House of Representatives earlier on Friday approved the measure by a vote of 246-183 without a single Republican voting to support the measure.

246 people voted yes to something they couldn't possibly have read all of. This is NOT DEMOCRACY.

This is not what this country is supposed to stand for. They voted BLINDLY. How in the world can anyone do this when they are supposed to be REPRESENTING THE PEOPLE.

Damnit they don't even know the details of the bill they voted for.

What the hell is going on here!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
246 people voted yes to something they couldn't possibly have read all of. This is NOT DEMOCRACY.

This is not what this country is supposed to stand for. They voted BLINDLY. How in the world can anyone do this when they are supposed to be REPRESENTING THE PEOPLE.

Millions of Americans voted for Obama without reading him properly either.

__it happens!

They are trying to save the government despite the people or economy... Imagine what would happen if the US government defaults completely. They honestly believe they are doing the right thing.

The full impact and consequences of this FRIDAY the 13th will not be known for a long time... So sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

They better hope the economy doesn't get a lot worse, I've a feeling the next American revolution will be quite ugly IF it does.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree with everything you said, except one.
This isn't ONE party taking over our country, this is the combination of TWO parties working in unison, both with the same goal.

The Republicans are now playing the good guy because they want to capitalize on this latest flip of the script.
Next go around, the Republicans will take over and give us EVEN MORE of the same, but from a different angle.

Like you said, this makes me feel like vomiting.

However, think about it this way... George Bush takes office promising change, like Obama did (I'm not making this partisan, please bear with me) and while in sees to it that the rest of the world learns to hate the US. All the while, he enacts legislation through his Political Influence to deregulate the markets and reward bad ethics to the point that banks are now leveraging their debt 12:1 or more. The more the world learns to hate us, the more willing they are to say F-YOU to the people leveraging such debt and if it is timed just right, he cripples the economy on the way out the door while giving bailouts, under threat of martial law, to those that helped him along the way...

Apparently Obama views this as a good business model, and so does Pelosi.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Only after this administration (first black man in office who happens to have a name like our number one terrorist that we convienently haven't captured) the game will be led afoot, by people like our esteemed, would have been, commerce secretary.

This is a set-up and both parties are in on it, not just one.

People in the future are going to wonder: "Why in the HELL didn't we vote in Ron Paul"...
Or actually, the Chinese will be saying: "If the US had voted in Ron Paul, all of this would have been thwarted." ... "But the Americans were ignorant and lazy."

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Isn't this basically taxation without representation? Putting through the largest tax burden in the history of this country without the legislators actually having read the bill?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

You could be right and in fact you probably are.

I'm channel surfing between news shows. I ended up stopping on this new Glen Beck Show as he had a Republican and a Democrat who voted against this. He asked them if they knew where the money is coming from, was it being borrowed or printed. They both started stuttering and it was obvious that they do not yet know where the money is coming from. Incredible.

They have spent 1.4 TRILLION dollars in 14 days!!!!!!!!!
They don't even know yet whether it will be borrowed or printed

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

No, the impact of this bill will be known in as little as a year.

I'm watching Glenn Beck, and he quoted China and China said "I hate you, I hate you"

Also Germany tried to issue bonds for a third time and nobody will buy them.

So next stop is the Arabs, well they aren't making any money because oil is so low.

Next stop the printing press. Just think where it is going to go from there.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Oh, there is no doubt that it is being printed.
They can't borrow it. Who would loan it to them?
MAYBE Israel, but I doubt it. The problem is, the entire world is in a crunch right now, and lots of people are starting to realize that the US might just be in trouble. In fact, if that weren't the case, you wouldn't have China threatening to drop our securities. Like I said in another thread, if that happens, it is over. Completely.
The US will become a hardliner fascist entity and will cease to be a developed nation.
Mass riots, food shortages, power outages, you name it..
This is as bad as it gets for people who are reliant on the Government, they are about to fall.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Hey, he has a N.H. rep talkign about sovereignty right now on Glen Beck. Finally some media attention on this!

Once the video is up on you tube I will post it in a thread.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 13-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Let me make a prediction on the next victim in a freak plane crash...

If I can guess it, will you pay my pay-pal account?

I agree though, it is good that it is brought to attention. And in actuality, no, they won't kill him. That would unravel the entire thing.

They'll try to marginalize him and the movement, while keeping it intact.
I informed a few people about this development at work today. Guess what the reaction was...
"Good, I hope they declare soveriegnty and then something like Katrina happens and the Federal Government says F-You, you can die, for all I care."...

Sad state of affairs, folks.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Lol...I know I'm not flying in any planes anytime soon.

I am so angry right now, I'm about ready to explode.

I have flat out had it. I want some damn accountability. I want people put in prison. I want what this country to be how it used to be.

I don't know what we are now...but it's most certainly not a Republic and Democracy just went out the damn window.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think it's funny that some of the people that voted for the last bailout are against this "stimulus" package. I don't think I can take anybody serious that voted for the bailout, but is against this. We need a list of people who were against both that we can support. I don't think that list would be very long.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Accountability? From those whack-jobs?? Never. They have the power and they are showing that they are not shy about wielding it.

They don't give a
about us. They don't care about this country. They care about themselves, their power, their interests, and their campaign donors.

What are we living in now? Not a Republic, not a Democracy.....it is looking more and more these days like totalitarianism.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join