It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wichita UFO report draws wide attention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Wichita UFO report draws wide attention

www.kansascity.com

It flew fast like a jet, made a whirling sound and left an odd glow.
The object looks like some kind of new-technology fighter jet, possibly a prototype, said UFO Digest editor and publisher Dirk Vander Ploeg.

Jarrod Bartlett, spokesman for Boeing Integrated Defense Systems-Wichita, said in an e-mail that he checked with flight operations staff "and they were not able to identify the aircraft. We do not often get calls regarding unidentified aircraft."
McConnell Air Force Base declined to com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kansas.com

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 2/10/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I grew up in this are around wichita - and let's just say this does not surprise me... We used to see things in the sky that no one could explain when I was growing up. "They" are trying to say it is a jet of sorts, but it looks more like the UFO's from the movie Independence Day... What do you guys think??

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sweet picture of that *thing*.
I've no idea what it is but I'm going to keep my eye on this thread for sure in hopes of finding out!
Great find -

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow that thing looks wicked cool!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That looks like the space shuttle riding piggyback on a 747.

Linky

[edit on 10-2-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sure it sort of does... But the space shuttles have not landed in California for a few months...So why would it be flying over Kansas?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
That looks like the space shuttle riding piggyback on a 747.

Out of Kansas?? I doubt it.

Looks somewhat like the SR-71 in a way, but all those are retired, cept maybe one or two.

Could be just another one of those fancy new toys they are testing.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Either that is one huge bird or it is a plane/craft in the form of a bird with its wings up a bit (not totally stretched). Maybe a better way of making a craft aerodynamic? Strange indeed.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The proportions are not right for it to be one of the shuttle carrier aircraft, loaded. And it seems to me to be some sort of blended wing body design with engines mounted on top of the airframe. This would reduce the noise level significantly, acoustic stealth is also incorporated into the B-2 bomber. The "pinkish glow" could a massive jet plume which an after burning engine would release. Of what variety that engine may be however impossible to say.

This image has been around far longer than this recent photograph, I can assure you of that. It's a CGI concept image of a possible design for a future unmanned tactical/strategic bomber (B-3).

However I'm quite positive no secret military jet would be in the air, at low altitude, over a populated area, during daylight (at morning rush) and doing what sounds like ACM. Read up on the history of the F-117, it parallels this one with an exception, that being secrecy.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Its clearly one of these from some distance. At first glance anyway...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's a bird out of focus.

You can clearly see the beak at the front and it's flapping its wings.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Far more interesting than the photograph and pointless it's a bird, train, superman etc... would be the data and testimony of every single radar unit and radar operator covering that area.That would prove without a shadow of a doubt if something was there or not, it would also tell us if it was a bird, ballon or aircraft etc...

[edit on 10-2-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If you ask me, I say it looks like this

Ufo

Maybe it's the same thing, someone from the moon is preparing attack =P

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
IS there any possibility that this could be the "Aurora" aka "Aura" that I have heard about?
Lockheed and Boeing both have facilities in Wichita, which is about 15-20 miles north of where this photo would have been taken (outside of a rural town, Rose Hill)
Also, McConnell AFB is on the South side of Wichita, which coincidentally shares a long runway with Boeing and Spirit Aerospace, which does have a restricted area that you need a security clearance to enter - my mother-in-law works in there with about 100 other employees and says that it is pretty low-key, just normal govt stuff and the occasional Air Force One maintenance visit... But the possibility of some top secret ops is real, considering there is not a whole lot around once you are outside of Wichita - just cows and wheat mainly...
They are always running flare drops and semi-dogfighting drills in the area 60 miles East of Wichita over by Eureka, over an old WWII refueling airstrip and munitions bunker/missile silo that is now abandoned... just my thoughts...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It seems like UFO activity has been increasing lately, I was driving my brothers to school yesterday morning and they devoted a whole half-hour to talking seriously about UFO's on my local radio station, it was crazy since around here it used to be ridiculed if you believed in such things, but people are starting to wake up.

S&F

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow.. Is everyone blind? Or you didn't actually saw the other photo? You know, the one that gives you a little more perspective.

It's not hard to understand why there are so many hoaxes... People fall for everything.

And the story didn't even raise a few eyebrows? There are no witnesses, just this one guy that captured the photo.

Also, there are many hints in the story:

"I only got off one shot because it was really close before I realized it was something different. It went back upward, much like a jet, and was gone.

The 'object' was really close to him, meaning the object clearly appears to be larger than it actually was.

"The only problem was I had a real slow lens... . I wasn't planning on taking a picture of anything moving," he said.

Let me get this straight... He had a slow lens and yet was able to capture this object that "flew fast like a jet" with practically no motion blur?

Right...

It's a bird, flying, close to the camera, out of focus. You can clearly see the beak on the front, the wings up preparing to flap and a tail in the back.

But yeah, I'm sure it's a secret aircraft... At least, that's more interesting than a bird out of focus.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Yup it's another blurry bird picture. You can see the head and tail with the wings in mid flap. It is blurry because it is closer the the camera than the backround. If you look at the original picture and not the cropped one you can clearly see it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
haha......yes people, that is definitely a bird.

remember.....there is no such thing as a conspiracy.

a "conspiracy" is a merely a question that some people do not have an answer for. but there is always an answer, and it is not as magical as most would hope.
i like to dream too, but i try to reserve it for when i am asleep.

the question is "what is this object"? the answer is "a bird out of focus".

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Looks like a new aircraft USA gov are testing..the picture looks odd though,maybe thats just me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join