It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wichita UFO report draws wide attention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hot on the heels of the guy who converted his s2000 to electric drive - www.youtube.com... - I suspect someone has just shoehorned antigrav into a PT cruiser!

Hey, it's the only way I would even consider buying such a hideous contraption...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was reading from other sources on this incident and a couple of theories had been thrown out that may explain this thing.

On the original post from the KC newspaper, there was a comment made that this thing looks strangely similar to the D-21 Drone mounted piggyback with an SR-71.

There are many pictures on the internet of the drone and the SR71 together, here's a link for one of them.

i735.photobucket.com...

Thoughts?

or maybe it's just my alien mother in law on her way for a visit.....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The "pinkish glow" could a massive jet plume which an after burning engine would release. Of what variety that engine may be however impossible to say.

If you notice, there is a pinkish glow in the sky in general. In the cloud free areas, it makes the blue sky purplish. The clouds themselves look more pink.

I think the "weird pink glow" could very well be just the pinkish sun reflecting off condensed vaporized water created by the vehicles exhaust. The fact that it was pink probably has more to do with the sunlight than the craft itself judging from the rest of the photo.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

It's a bird, flying, close to the camera, out of focus. You can clearly see the beak on the front, the wings up preparing to flap and a tail in the back.

It doesnt look like a bird to me. But it could be.

Birds dont usually reflect light like that, it seems metallic in my opinion.

The space shuttle riding piggy back looks most like it of all the suggestions so far. In my opinion, and its only my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I usually don't believe the "it was a bird" thing. but this picture you can CLEARLY see that it's a bird, the beak (hard to see but if you look at it good enough you can tell) and the tail in the back. And it's wings in the air in the middle of flapping them.

And for the light reflecting off it? It's either the camera, positioning of the camera, or it could be photoshoped, though I don't think it was the last one.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
the fact there are no other documented witnesses doesnt help the stories credibility

As a semi professional photographer, it looks like the unidentified object in above photo could be a wet bird. depending on focal length/shutter speed/apeture the object (presumably in the foreground now) would make more sense. I think its a wet bird emerging from whatever wetland may exist below the frame of the photograph.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
didnt see the "bird" theories above...great minds think alike

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Im more inclined to say its a bird. Albeit out of focus. Im not so inclined as to say its an SR-71. Cruising altitude for an SR-71 is anywhere from 27,000 feet to 80,000 feet. I could understand it may be an SR-71 if it was going in for a landing but it looks to me like the object in question is closer than the trees so im not so inclined to say its an SR-71 landing. I also dont think a person would have the time to say "OMG UFO!", get a camera, run back outside and take a picture, less he had the camera ready. Also, SR-71 cruising speed is around MACH 3.2, though it can fly slower but again, its not gonna fly MACH 3.2 at treetop level, sonic boom anyone?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Boeing is in Wichita, using the same airfield as McConnell AFB. I lived there for 4 years as a kid. I seen a lot of "oddball" aircraft come in for "manufacturer refurbishment". A good possibility that Boeing has something flying around the public isn't aware of don't you think?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
"draws wide attention" HAH! yeah maybe because it was reported in a news article.
I figured the topic meant that more than one person reported it, but no..

it's obviously a bird.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chefcollin

I immediately recognized this as the Space Shuttle being piggy-backed aboard a 747.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I really hope it hasn't drawn too much attention.

It's pretty much the most open and shut photo I've seen in a long time. It's like someone has gone outside, turned autofocus off and snapped a photo of a bird.

Now, for reasons I can only put down to ignorance and gullibility, people are believing the photo.

It's like the drones all over again. No matter how many times people can debunk the photos, diehards still believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hmmmm I don't know it looks an awful lot like this:

But in all seriousness it does appear to be a bird and those that refuse to believe it because it looks metallic need to check out the Uropygial gland which is used in preening and gives a somewhat "shiny" look to feathers.

Uropygial Gland

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Zachman225]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zachman225

The shininess appears to be photoshopped. There are 3 distinct areas that look easy enough to fabricate.

So, if "lamestream" media can be hoaxed, how often does it happen, and how many more times? More insidiously, have any of them ever been complicit in a hoax?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Does nobody realise that the UFOs that news report on (in ANY country, even Australia) are ALWAYS VERY OBVIOUSLY NOT A UFO, and are infact a bird / plane / planet / etc, and the news people know this, that's why they put it up.

To get it into peoples heads how laughable it is to believe in UFOs because they're obviously all birds, obviously the news would only report the best ufo encounters, obviously.

Last part was sarcasm incase anybody mentioned it.

There are so many pictures and encounters that CAN'T be debunked, yet those that are obviously birds are the ones that get reported by the news outlets.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm having trouble visualizing it as anything else but a bird. Here's a handy comparison for you:

Bird's the word I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Perfect pictures, hopefully that clears it up for everybody and we can move on to ufo reports that aren't obviously birds.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This was also in another thread with a link to a site with a video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

www.kake.com...

The description of it reminded me of the Nazi buzz bombs. Not sure if these are in this video.

www.youtube.com...

Just wondering if those choppers like the they used in The Sixth Day exist or something similar. We've heard of those silent black ones also.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The photo seems to show an early morning or early evening with the dark trees in the background. The glare off of the object or bird is odd as if metallic or wet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join