It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wichita UFO report draws wide attention

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here's another thread with a similar discussion on a number of UFO pictures -- three of which, according to majority consensus, were birds:

Pictures of the Same UFO in 4 Different Places?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A bird siting made the front page.

So many bird UFOs lately. Makes you kind of miss chinese lanterns.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I live in Wichita.. It's not their fault, people around here are friggin weird. Pretty gullible, too. My wife and I refer to Wichita as "The Bubble" because it seems detached from the real world.

-Jeff Shore

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

The last picture looks like a butterfly.

Those don't look like the one in this thread either.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I also see a helicopter with rotors too out of focus to be captured in the picture

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

The first three were birds in side profile. Same situation as this.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

i was thinking aurura but that is rumoured to be more streamline and travels at mach 8 so who knows what it is but a very very good picture that cant be explained so far by anyone! wud be interesting to see if norad recorded it on radar!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
A bird siting made the front page.

So many bird UFOs lately. Makes you kind of miss chinese lanterns.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Erasurehead]

haha must o been a terradactyl bird then lol

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chefcollin

it's the aurora

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Oh come on! It's not an aurora! Do you really think the military will just fly around an aircraft like that in the open so low and during the day? Look at the size of groom lakes runway, look at all that space they have to fly the planes there. It's a bird, please don't let it make us UFO believers look any more stupid than we already do by trying to think it's anything but a bird.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
And about those 4 pictures before, the first 3 are very obviously birds (especially the last one of the seagull at the docks
) and the last one is obviously a moth or an insect - note that he says (like many other of the bird ones) that he didn't see anything until after he looked at the photo. wonder why.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well done!, That's a picture of a bird...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wish there was some way to see what the front was, and what the back was. Or what direction it was going in.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
bs bs bs bs bs bs if ive ever seen bullssshh this is it because the person taking the photo states that it is going straight down and then straight back up this is a load of crap...its sad that we cant trust any bodys word anymore...could it be the goverment trying to throw nonsence at us to be a red herring in what we are trying to figure out, it is to just throw us off is my belief

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Im not saying it isnt a bird...but since when did birds shine?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I've re-evaluated and done some serious investigation. The proximity of McConnell AFB and the Boeing facility. The people on here saying its just a bird. I've been able to determine this:

These are the top secret Boeing prototypes "GU-11" and "B-1RD".

/thread

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Someone commented on the original story web page that it is a tanker with a jet refueling that had been spotted in the area for a few days. If you take a look at the picture it can be made to appear that these two planes are heading to the upper right hand corner of the photo on an angle. So what you would be seeing is the back end of the planes giving it the illusion. And I also agree with todays standards of better photography and no compression.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

It appears to be most posts in this thread which is making "UFO believers" look stupid, although not everyone who posts on ATS is a "UFO believer".

To call it a bird totally disregards the eye witness testimony.

To prove this is a picture of a bird is as difficult as proving it is a plane or a spaceship or some other UFO. It will probably therefore remain a picture of a UFO.

It may have some characteristics of a bird, there may only be the one witness, some of the details regarding the capturing of the picture may seem slightly at odds but to jump at hoax on such flimsy evidence is only the flip side of the coin of categorically stating it is a falcon, the Millennium Falcon.

What is needed is serious research, interviewing the photographer, polygraph test, interview family and friends, lab analysis of camera and film / memory, an evidence trail, a call for any other witnesses plus radar reports and any info civilian / military officers could supply followed up by FOI requests. Then a comment from a Janes spokesperson for good measure.

Of course it should also be sent to a couple of ornithologists as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It looks like a crow to me. They are black and they do reflect light off their bodies like that. They are really shinny.

I have seen the space shuttle piggy backed land before, and it looks NOTHING at all like that, even from a distance. It is completely white and you can tell what it is even way up in the air, it's pretty cool.

Kind of disappointing that this is the kind of pictures that make it into the news. Obvious bird.

Here is a picture of a crow reflecting a bit of sunlight. To get the effect in the picture, then you would need to be at an angle where the sunlight is reflecting towards you, kind of like what you see on cars etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I imagine the person taking the picture could tell the difference between a crow or the space shuttle on top of a jumbo jet.

To call it a crow you obviously think this is a hoax.
To even entertain that it might be some kind of a plane you obviously don't think it's a hoax.

Which is it ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join