It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. vs. China

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by finder71
It appears to me, from what i see on the news, that the US Army seems to be a little short of feet on the ground right now. Regardless of whatever technological superiority a nation has, a shortage of soldiers will do them no good. To even consider invading the country with the worlds largest population would be lunacy....
And yes, they would all fight

With what ? Sticks and stones
or maybe foul language

Besdies why the hell would the US want to invade China - there are almost no natural resources and there are more people below the poverty line than above. Why would the US want to be responsible for all these people -they have absolutely nothing to gain.

Anyone who thinks the US would invade China quite frankly has to be a complete idiot, no offense

[edit on 23-3-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
there are more people below the poverty line than above.

Justify your statement.

UN - Millenium Development Goals

The Purple line is the official UN line of $1 a day, rural poor (which totally dominates city poor) in China is only 100 million.

China has 1.3 billion people.

You can divide can't you?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
say the US invades n. korea, would china sit back and watch or would china takes a side. because if china sides with n. korea, this is the only way i see the US to engage with china.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28

Justify your statement.

The Purple line is the official UN line of $1 a day, rural poor (which totally dominates city poor) in China is only 100 million.

I think this shows how poor the standards of living are in China if someone earns more than just $1 a day they are above the poverty line. In my country people get at least $20 a day from social security and they are considered below the poverty line.
By any western standard more than 80% at least of China would be below the poverty line.

Are you Chinese rapier ? I have been to China many times for business and a few holidays. I have seen with my own eyes the very wealthy and the very poor. In the countryside I have seen poverty on a large scale - well poverty using western standards.
I like China and the Chinese people don't get me wrong. I believe they will be the dominant country in about 50 years.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I think this shows how poor the standards of living are in China if someone earns more than just $1 a day they are above the poverty line. In my country people get at least $20 a day from social security and they are considered below the poverty line.
By any western standard more than 80% at least of China would be below the poverty line.

Are you Chinese rapier ? I have been to China many times for business and a few holidays. I have seen with my own eyes the very wealthy and the very poor. In the countryside I have seen poverty on a large scale - well poverty using western standards.
I like China and the Chinese people don't get me wrong. I believe they will be the dominant country in about 50 years.

Actually, i'am Australian. But i have a Chinese heritage.

-----

That line wasn't something i made up. The UN uses that line to measure poverty across the world. In China, $1 U.S. ~= 9 Ren, it goes a lot longer then it does in other countries but not as much as before.

China is one of the only countries that is actually meeting most of the UN goals in the developing world.

-----

Anyway, rogue1, i apologise for lashing out in the other post. Mind if i ask whereabouts you're from?

[edit on 24-3-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
No probs rapier. I'm from Australia as well, Sydney to be exact.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The only way the Us would engage with china with ground troops is if China invades Taiwan. And the more people that china has the more you can kill with one bomb. An untrained person who doesn't know how to hold or fire a gun is useless in a war

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
ROFL

Sorry, but guns are not hard to learn how to fire, you can teach some one how to fire a weapon within 20 minutes, that includes how to fire it, clean it and then clear it, if it jams.

I am sorry, but people are just milling over this subject over and over again, lets make this simple.

US will not invade China.
China COULD stop a US invasion, without Nukes.
China COULD invade Taiwan.
US could NOT stop a Chinese Invasion of Taiwan without Nukes.

Folks there is no point in going over the same points over and over again, it just comes back to people saying "US are better"

::groans::

- Philip

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It won't.

The U.S. and China are just TOO dependent on eachother. I have people I know doing business in China RIGHT NOW, as we type, and they have already told me that the Chinese are great business partners.

The Chinese and the Americans are great business buddies, and, I hate to break it to you, but follow the money trail.

As long as we are business buddies, no military conflict will happen.

As long as China keeps prospering using the U.S. as its' business ally, and the U.S. keeps making money, well, it is simple economics - both sides are content.

When the day comes that trade stops - then you have to be worried. However, I doubt that will happen in any of our lifetimes.

-wD

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yup that is true, pick up any toy or cheap product in the U.S. and look at the tag 99% of the time it says Made In China. China is prospering because we are buying their stuff and we are happy because their stuff is cheap.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sorry, There must be many grammar errors since my first language is not English..
.....................................................................................................................

Guys...you really don't fell debating on this thread is wasting of your engery? Actually I am really happy to see some those arrogant american who want to create enemies all over the world.......

But as a country like China with more 5000 years Civilization and a land of 9,600,000 sq km.... They have been richest and strong superpower in the world(Ming dynasty, Tang dynasy..) and they had been badly defeated in the last hundured years. They are really proud of their culture and history....cos they really have a lot to learn from it, that's maybe why they never been a aggressive country to the world even when they are in the age of richest...

Last Century maybe really is a bad centry for China. But what I can say the most important is all the Chinese people have learned a lesson from the aggressor. Now They are not understate any of aggressor but paying highly respect to any aggressor..if you assume only half of the people going to fight the aggressor that means you simply totally don't understand the chinese history and China is not a big Iraq as you may assume, noboday is going to just simply fight but 100% of people are ready to die-hard and fight smart...

If You think you can destroy their ground force just by simply bombing that means you just totally don't have a clue of their geography and Mao's guerrilla warfare strategy .. ..(Do some deep investigation where all secret chinese arsenals are...What do you think all the underground tunnel network under the huge Mountain Range all over the country for) Don't bomb with your B2 cos it's just waste, try nuke first to see if it can shake the huge mountain range ........ There will be no damage to groud force at all....
Appreciate to Prove me wrong.

To defeat a country which becoming superpower is much harder than a country alreay is superpower.... Lots of reasons, Think about it..

This War is going to be bloody and dirty for both even if untimely not a world ware..No one wish to be happened.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by wfliu]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28

Justify your statement.

1 dollor??
= 15 sandwichs = 2 Meals in local resturant .........In china

And When you realized the product sold in Wal-mart is much cheaper than others, you should also realized they are much mcuh cheaper in chinese domestic market..... News: Car price is dropping, cheaper than europe now will be much cheaper soon..

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if their bases are inside mountains, a precision guided nuclear missiles can destroy it. If a nuclear missiles have a direct hit on the mountain it will be destroyed.

And China has 1.3 Billion People, all we have to do is just bomb the hell out of their agricultural sites and rice farms. If we just cut off most of their food supply, good luck trying to feed 1.3 Billion people.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So much for US never thinking about using Nukes, huh, Westpoint.

As for the rest of your comments, Lad, I would PAY to see the USAF TRY to cut off the chinese food chain.

Heres a wee thing from the Falklands, the reason there was very few British injuries to Argie Mortar attacks etc was due to the fact that when the mortars hit the soddin ground, they would explode underwater, limiting its effects.

Are you telling me that the USAF are going to use their stealth bombers to bomb RICE PADDIES!!! LOL EVEN if the US did plan to do some thing along those lines, either through a vietnam similar Agent Orange process I would love to see the USAF use their Stealth bombers for Crop dusting! lol OR if you use your strinking Conventual bomber force, I just can't see your B-52 surviving too long.

- Philip

[edit on 26-3-2005 by gooseuk]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wfliu

1 dollor??
= 15 sandwichs = 2 Meals in local resturant .........In china

And When you realized the product sold in Wal-mart is much cheaper than others, you should also realized they are much mcuh cheaper in chinese domestic market..... News: Car price is dropping, cheaper than europe now will be much cheaper soon..

Just being able to feed yourself a day is what I'd define as poverty. Besides having had some of these cheap meals I wonder about the quality of the meat sometimes.

As for cars dropping in price this is partly due to the major manufactureres competing for a share of the pie. Once they have established themselves you can be sure the prices will rise.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
It doesn't matter if their bases are inside mountains, a precision guided nuclear missiles can destroy it. If a nuclear missiles have a direct hit on the mountain it will be destroyed.

And China has 1.3 Billion People, all we have to do is just bomb the hell out of their agricultural sites and rice farms. If we just cut off most of their food supply, good luck trying to feed 1.3 Billion people.

massive

I am talking about the massive underground tunnel network under the massive Mountain Range all over the country which is cover 9,600,000 sq km, 23 times biger than Iraq. Not one specific mountain, the mountain range could be very wide and Plus they also definitly have not several but many bases across the country how do you know where exactly the real secret arsenals are? If you can't nuke the exactly all in the first same time which is impossible you can, Then you are definitly going to be nuked......So no point to think about the nuke war which is impossible.... I am talking about bombing in conventional war sense . Don't understate they don't have anti-air ability to shot your b2 down..

It doesn't make sense. In your point it would be easier to just nuke each other...
Both could finish the war less than three days. Invade a country not means killing all the peoples specially a world power with 1.3 billion which i dout you have the ability. The result in war is not you always can expect. If you do that you'll be in trouble, the whole world is going to fight against you cos you are even much worse than nazi.

Make it clear I am talking about conventional war.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gooseuk
ROFL

Sorry, but guns are not hard to learn how to fire, you can teach some one how to fire a weapon within 20 minutes, that includes how to fire it, clean it and then clear it, if it jams.

I am sorry, but people are just milling over this subject over and over again, lets make this simple.

US will not invade China.
China COULD stop a US invasion, without Nukes.
China COULD invade Taiwan.
US could NOT stop a Chinese Invasion of Taiwan without Nukes.

Folks there is no point in going over the same points over and over again, it just comes back to people saying "US are better"

::groans::

- Philip

Coudn't Agreed any more. Otherwise only one possibility that american school boys are maybe too smart...The rest of the world is too fool......

I dout those guys read news:

Town reels from teenage killing

Red Lake High School pupils cry after the shooting

Scene of the shooting
A US town is struggling to come to terms with a shooting spree in a Minnesota school by a boy who killed nine people, before shooting himself.

Jeffrey Weise, 16, first killed his grandfather and his grandfather's partner before heading to the school.

There he killed a teacher, a security guard and five students - the youngest 14 - during a 10-minute rampage.

It was the deadliest school shooting since the Columbine killings in 1999 when two teenage gunmen killed 13.

Seven other people were hurt at Red Lake High School, which is located on a Native American reservation.

Five of them remain in hospital, including two students with critical injuries from gunshot wounds to the head or face.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hey gooseuk if it means using B-2 stealth bombers spraying chemicals to infect the food supply, then there is nothing funny about it because it would work.

Wfliu you seem to know a lot about these “tunnels” and “bases” so if you know this much than I don't think the U.S. military will have hard time find them. So please state where you are getting these “Facts”.

Also give me some facts and proof that they can shoot don our B-2’s... I’m waiting.
And when an all out war ensues then all the thinking about saving Civilians doesn't work anymore, the U.S. could infect the Chinese food supply's and cut off their imports. Can you imagine trying to fight a war and trying to feed 1.3 Billion people at the same time, good luck.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Hey gooseuk if it means using B-2 stealth bombers spraying chemicals to infect the food supply, then there is nothing funny about it because it would work.

Wfliu you seem to know a lot about these “tunnels” and “bases” so if you know this much than I don't think the U.S. military will have hard time find them. So please state where you are getting these “Facts”.

Also give me some facts and proof that they can shoot don our B-2’s... I’m waiting.
And when an all out war ensues then all the thinking about saving Civilians doesn't work anymore, the U.S. could infect the Chinese food supply's and cut off their imports. Can you imagine trying to fight a war and trying to feed 1.3 Billion people at the same time, good luck.

I think I may understood what let some of those amercian so arrogant. It's not their faults. It's cos they lack of history. They only know and love their short americal history and they don't respect and learn from others any other world's civilised history. But they will learn in near further.. It's the faults of their education. I give up this thread to debate with some arrogant amercian....Only time can tell the truth! That's why we learn from history!.....We all will see what is happening in near further................

I am not a Mao's supporter....As but one thing I believe Once Mao said:

Using Mao's words, it's a paper tiger--fierce enough to frighten away cowards only."

Imperialism and All Reactionaries Are Paper Tigers

All reactionaries are paper tigers. In appearance, the reactionaries are terrifying, but in reality they are not so powerful. From a long-term point of view, it is not the reactionaries but the people who are really powerful.

I have said that all the reputedly powerful reactionaries are merely paper tigers. The reason is that they are divorced from the people. Look! Was not Hitler a paper tiger? Was Hitler not overthrown? I also said that of the Tsar of Russia, the emperor of China and Japanese imperialism were all overthrown. U.S. imperialism has not yet been overthrown and it has the atom bomb. I believe it also will be overthrown. It, too, is a paper tiger.

If the U.S. monopoly groups persist in pushing their policies of aggression and war, the day is bound to come when they will be hanged by the people of the whole world. The same fate awaits the accomplices of the United States.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well it was this paper tiger who saved china in WWII from the Japanese. Also This paper tiger has the world biggest stock pile of Nuclear missiles and weapons. This paper tiger has the worlds most technologically advanced military. Oh yeah were rich as hell too. So go ahead and keep thinking that the U.S. is a Paper Tiger, you might just get a paper cut. LoL

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join