It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney warns of new attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by prjct
a “high probability” that terrorists will attempt a catastrophic nuclear or biological attack in coming years, and said he fears the Obama administration’s policies will make it more likely the attempt will succeed. "

How very vague of him... The coming years? Well, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen in "the coming years". Unless we achieve time travel.

Cheney is simply speaking for the Republican position. "Don't vote for Obama's economic bill or the terrorists will kill your babies"! It's the same stuff he's been saying for 8 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Cheney warning of a nuke attack......

How does he know that.......

Summary: Oh yeah some nukes went missing last year and now anyone that had anything to do with that incident is dead.....

Gotta real bad feeling about this.......!

MR

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hmmm. Attacking a sitting President in a time of war, this was a bad thing in the early Bush years. I thought the PNAC was dead, this makes me fear that it is not.

After 911 we had good will from the whole world that we squandered so that Bush/Cheney and their oil and defense buddies could get RICH. How people can still defend this man is unfathomable.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

ust a couple of chickenhawks who were afraid to fight for their own country but were willing to send others out to die.

Which branch did Obama serve in? How about Clinton? Just curious...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by distortion9

Weak.

A sensible person knows exactly what I'm talking about.

When the new administration is caught presenting doctored evidence. When the new administration is caught ignoring advice from the military pros so that they conduct a vanity war then I'll eat my words gladly. Whether the new CIC was in the military or not is irrelevant. The new administration has to clean up a huge mess left by the failed "warriors" that spent the last 8 years conducting their own holy war.

My opinion.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Whether the new CIC was in the military or not is irrelevant.

Not weak and relevant.

You brought up "chicken hawks that didn't serve willing to send others to serve."

That is a fact, you said those words. According to that statement, No one that hasn't served should be allowed to send anyone else to serve.

Let's stay on topic...I'm speaking specifically about that one comment, nothing else.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'll check and see how many deferments Obama got and I'll get back to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Now that's weak

[edit on 4-2-2009 by distortion9]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Combining "facts" and the Bush administration is usually a very weak argument to begin with. I have to agree with you. The last 8 years speaks for itself. If you want to blame Clinton, Carter, Kennedy, etc. that's fine. But the facts are the facts. I never once inferred that a CIC should have military service experience. I just point out the hypocracy of a man (Cheney) who pretends to have knowledge of upcoming events. Of course he does...he and his group created the situation. That's pretty plain. When the chance for him to serve came up he balked (another fact)....but doesn't hesitate to question anyone's patriotism if they do the same.

Hopefully the new administration can clean up their mess.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by distortion9

ust a couple of chickenhawks who were afraid to fight for their own country but were willing to send others out to die.

Which branch did Obama serve in? How about Clinton? Just curious...

Obama has not started any wars(invasions) yet. Bush served in the National guard but was not there most of the time...if you could call that serving. Cheney didn't serve at all in fact see here:

When Cheney became eligible for the draft, during the Vietnam War, he was a supporter of the U.S. involvement in the war but did not serve in the military. Instead, he applied for and received five draft deferments.

en.wikipedia.org...

So I am not sure what serving in a branch of service has to do with any of this.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The bottom line is that Cheney and his group have done enough. It's time for him to drink his Ensure and shut his piehole.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
wow I didn't know we still had the liberals here, they stay SO FAR AWAY from the Obama threads....

turns out they're in here bashing the ex VP......I knew you were hiding somewhere....Still looking in the past huh?

I guess Obama isn't giving you anything positive to talk about so you are resorting back to what you do best, hate on people because you are lonely.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Jack,

To make it easier for folks I like to supply good information for attacks:

My parent's weren't married when I was born.
I'm from Arkansas...so feel free to run with that.
I'm mixed heritage (my father was Cuban and my mother was White)

Only someone ignorant would follow one party. I'm neither conservative nor liberal and I'm also a veteran.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I guess you didnt read the title of the OP thread before making your obvious redneck style of posting. "Cheney warns of new attacks" I don't think the liberals made or asked Gold finger.....I mean Cheney to make his continuing fear mongering statement. We all wish he would just go away and stop making these statements.

And for the record I am neither liberal or republican...I am a registered independent.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by prjct

Cheney needs to stay in his retirement home like a good old man and shut the hell off!!!!!!!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by prjct
www.politico.com...

"Former Vice President Dick Cheney warned that there is a “high probability” that terrorists will attempt a catastrophic nuclear or biological attack in coming years, and said he fears the Obama administration’s policies will make it more likely the attempt will succeed. "

It appears that cheney, and I expect bush and others from this group, will not go away and continue to stoke fear among us.

You mean as opposed to stoking complacency?

link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

I guess you didnt read the title of the OP thread before making your obvious redneck style of posting. "Cheney warns of new attacks" I don't think the liberals made or asked Gold finger.....I mean Cheney to make his continuing fear mongering statement. We all wish he would just go away and stop making these statements.

So he should have said

Dick should have said, according to this liberal....loon...Dick should have said, No, "There will NEVER be another terrorist attack again and the terrorists have no intentions of one-uping the 9/11 attacks"

please, get real chick.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
It has been repeatedly proven beyond any doubt that the Bush policies were one were a primary factor which led to 9/11 - Cheney is in NO position to be casting this type of accusation around.

Advisors repeatedly warned Cheney, Bush (to which Bush replied "ok you've covered your arse") and Condii rice who LIED in front of a congressional inquiry into the issue, all were ignored or worse dismissed over their attempts to aise awareness of the impending attacks by Al Aqaeda and specifically with aeroplanes.

What a friggen nerve.

Bush was in office 8 months prior to 9/11. The US had had numerous terror attacks under Clinton that had gone unanswered. If you want to look at what encouraged the terrorism, how about showing weakness and lack of the will to respond forcefully.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

So he should have said

Dick should have said, according to this liberal....loon...Dick should have said, No, "There will NEVER be another terrorist attack again and the terrorists have no intentions of one-uping the 9/11 attacks"

please, get real chick.

ummmmmm......Cheney Warns of New Attacks was/is the title of the article that I posted a link to....I sure hope that neither of you two are calling or labeling me a redneck or a liberal loon for posting the title of an article.......

how about you both refrain from calling others names of labeling them in midst of a heated debate or discussion.....it only shows your true colors.......

[edit on 4-2-2009 by prjct]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

I salute the Bush administration's effort to fight the Taliban. Tell me how Iraq got in the mix?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join