It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted Alien Abduction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnslight

Yes, and this is not a one liner, just all I have to say on the subject for now.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I honestly believe that you were right to consider it a spiritual experience. I've had hyper fright before and it is not too great

A

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

You have to be sleeping first, then wake up from the sleeping to experience sleep paralysis.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I haven't read any "good" experiences, honestly, because even the good ones end up looking like those relationships your girlfriends have with bad boys, and yet they keep loving them like always...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Oh my goodness Antar, thank you for your sweet, kind response!

It's about time to let ourselves be known for those of us who've had various experiences. Since then I've only had good experiences. How interesting...

No matter what knowledge is power and so is learning what you can do when you have an encounter. We each have our own experiences and it's a matter of us each learning what we can from them and keep asking ourselves questions. The more I ask the more I learn, then the more I learn, the more I ask.

This is not easy, opening up to a whole website. Yes, this truly takes guts... I try my best to let others share how they feel and what they've experienced. We all each have a life we've lived and hold dear to what we hold dear to and believe what we believe. It is so important to let each one share from their heart and what they feel is valid and true to them. It is in this environment that we can feel free to share. It is hard to get out of old thinking in which our own world is the only world and that we all share in the same experiences.

I've met people on here who've had both negative and both positive experiences with aliens. As we are all unique so is anyone else out there beyond our earth unique. Ok, maybe there's a valid point to argue with a specific sub-group of a group out there, but my feeling and educated guess is that they have their own uniqueness too! We should embrace the ones who are good out there and of course not embrace the bad ones....

If any out there don't like what I'm saying you don't have to respond, ha ha. We each have our own convictions and we should each be allowed to believe the way we do. We all have reasons to think the way we do.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ok, so, I got to bed, just lying there ready to fall asleep.... then. I feel this really scary feeling, I didn't understand why I was feeling this way.

Just because you felt like you were completely alert, or even if you had stand up and was hiding behind a door or in the bathroom, it could all have been a mix of lucid-dreaming and sleep paralysis. Anyone who has experimented with hypnagogic states will know that mind and perception is a very tricky thing.

My guess is that at this point, you were already asleep... when you went to bed your body fell asleep quickly (you must've been tired because of the flight problems, etc) but your mind was still awake. You quickly entered into a dream state but since you were aware, it became a lucid dream. Since you were expecting to be in the hotel room, you saw yourself in the hotel room, in your bed, etc - except that, at this point, it was already a *lucid dream* and not your physical room.

The "alien", your being enveloped in a "protective cover", his not being able to find you because you didn't want it to, etc could all be part of the lucid dream experience - lucid dreams respond very well to our intent (again if you ever had one or more lucid dream you know what I'm talking about).

I had a similar experience once - I was in a hotel room in Zurich, laying down on the bed alone, eyes closed, building up courage to stand up and take a shower... then after a while I noticed that my wife was laying down on my belly and I was caressing her hair... then the thought hit me - "wait a second... my wife is not here!" - and then I saw this "thing" that I thought was my wife, had a hair like hers, etc, but her face was wrong, like disfigured... and I thought "argh!" and held it by the jaw and head and cracked her head open by pulling it apart. Then I woke up and knew that it was a lucid dream. We become more prone to lucid dreams when we find ourselves in an uncommon environment, for some reason (I'm not the first one to notice this). I knew what lucid dreams were so I didn't freak out thinking it was a demon or anything.

One interesting thing to try is this - when you get very very sleep, to the point where you can barely stay awake, go sit in a chair - enough to relax your body but impossible to fall asleep in - and try to stay awake. After a while (less than a minute) you should start to see some "hypnagogic imagery" of dreams, like... you'll be sitting in the chair and all of a sudden you'll see yourself in an island or a farm or something like that... then you know that you're dreaming... you'll slip back and forth into this state for a long time until your body gives away but your mind is awake and you'll be fully aware in this dream land, doing anything you wish (might even summon your alien friend back for a talk lol).

Think back on your experience and try to honestly remember whether you remember "waking up" after the experience... like... how long did it take for you to fall asleep after this experience ? Do you remember standing up after the "alien" was gone, then turning all lights on and freaking out as someone would usually do ? Did you try not to fall asleep anymore out of fear and just tried to stay awake by watching TV, postponing your sleep for the flight, like someone scared would do ?

Honestly, what do you think would be your normal reaction on such situation ? Would you just go back to sleep as if nothing happened or do your best to stay awake all night out of fear it might happen again ?

(continues...)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
(... continued)

Now, as for "why aliens" and not Jesus or Buddha or a pink elephant, I don't know. It might have been triggered by an interest in aliens that lies in your subconscious - like, for how long have you been curious about aliens ? this focus and curiosity builds up in your subconscious mind and then it could've been complemented by you subconsciously hearing parts of the alien movie on the phone (assuming the movie was playing while you were on the phone, but this is not really that important or necessary).

If you focus for a long time on piloting airplanes, eventually you'll dream about airplanes - if you think for a long time about something (aliens) eventually you'll dream about it, or at least have a greater probability of dreaming about it. Now, when you're in a lucid dream state, where you're more in touch with your subconscious mind, all these things can become very real, like in my hotel experience where I was missing my wife (I was traveling alone, she was back in Brazil). The real trick is to know when you're dreaming and when you're not - so even if you believed that when the alien came you went to hide in the closet, and remember the smell of the clothes in the closet and looking through the closet doors and seeing the confused alien looking for you - you could still be sleeping (dreaming) during all this. The key is to study your reactions after it, like, what happened after that, then it might be clearer whether you were dreaming or not - like, if you were in the closet, then the alien was gone, then all of a sudden you were in the bed again. You can wake up from a lucid dream and not know that you were dreaming because the transition can be very smooth. You can also slip into a lucid dream without noticing and you can even wake up inside a lucid dream but still be dreaming (false awakenings). I have experienced all these things (including three false awakenings, one after the other, all lucid where I noticed that I was still dreaming and not up as I seemed).

Now, if you were somebody completely uninterested in aliens, who never gave a #, ever, yet you dreamt about aliens, then that would be a curious thing, IMO. Or, for example, if you were standing in the bathroom when you saw the alien looking for you in your bed, then he goes away and you never try to sleep again, just lock yourself in the bathroom out of fear and stay there fully awake until it's time to catch the plane (meaning there was no possibility of you being lucid-dreaming).

Then again, personally, I don't dismiss things that happen while lucid dreaming, like your experience, as being completely imaginary and just a mental hallucination. IMO, I think that it might aswell be the case where when you are in a lucid-dream (or in any dream) other rules apply and you could've been seeing something that you could not quite understand, so the best "symbol" to represent it was an alien. In other words, just because it wasn't really a physical experience, it doesn't mean that it is not "real". It could've been a "real" experience, in its own context. Then again, this is just my opinion. =)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

When ever someone mentions an event it's hard for some people to deal with, the reaction can be rude, crude or just plain infantile. An experience others can not relate to sometimes produces nervous laughter, an infuriating experience. When people encounter situations with the unusual (to them), they are not laughfing at you, they are NOT laughfing with you. It's just another way of feeling a deep, intrinsic, undefinable fear.

This is something I understand with great intamacy. I have never seen a UFO, been abducted, etc. (at least as far as I know). Oh, from an intellectural point of view, I'd love to see one, get on board, and hope I remember to bring my film and not digital camera since I have a feeling electronics would not work. I don't think people have been rude to you, (at least to me...), but it is only reasonable to expect a wide rage of respose's to something that is very spooky.

I understand it because I have a 25yr history of sceizures. Spare all the gory details, but there are many types of sciezures, even pleasant ones. In my case, I have both petit/grand-mal sciezures. The real nasty part is, for me the part of the brain that controls the most primitive, fundemental feelings of death, as in "I am going to die", are associated with the feeling just before I fall down and slam my head into the pavement. The fear is just beyond description.

But people usually do not make fun of epileptics. This is a site where your going to get every opinion, wether you like it or not. Most people here are OK. But be to suprised if people ask lots of questions. Be open to that. A lot of times don't take it as a an insult if people sometimes get a bit "smart ass" with you. Fear will do that everytime. Please forgive spelling, it's almost as bad as my hand writing. Kind Regards.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

When ever someone mentions an event it's hard for some people to deal with, the reaction can be rude, crude or just plain infantile. An experience others can not relate to sometimes produces nervous laughter, an infuriating experience. When people encounter situations with the unusual (to them), they are not laughfing at you, they are NOT laughfing with you. It's just another way of feeling a deep, intrinsic, undefinable fear.

This is something I understand with great intamacy. I have never seen a UFO, been abducted, etc. (at least as far as I know). Oh, from an intellectural point of view, I'd love to see one, get on board, and hope I remember to bring my film and not digital camera since I have a feeling electronics would not work. I don't think people have been rude to you, (at least to me...), but it is only reasonable to expect a wide rage of respose's to something that is very spooky.

I understand it because I have a 25yr history of sceizures. Spare all the gory details, but there are many types of sciezures, even pleasant ones. In my case, I have both petit/grand-mal sciezures. The real nasty part is, for me the part of the brain that controls the most primitive, fundemental feelings of death, as in "I am going to die", are associated with the feeling just before I fall down and slam my head into the pavement. The fear is just beyond description.

But people usually do not make fun of epileptics. This is a site where your going to get every opinion, wether you like it or not. Most people here are OK. But be to suprised if people ask lots of questions. Be open to that. A lot of times don't take it as a an insult if people sometimes get a bit "smart ass" with you. Fear will do that everytime. Please forgive spelling, it's almost as bad as my hand writing. Kind Regards.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I had not fallen to sleep.

I had no interest in aliens before this event.

My mother was watching a movie about aliens abducting and raping women while I was on the phone with her that night before I went to bed.

Ok. Everyone can have an opinion. Yep, each person can. I will take it all in stride... I can smile this time too rather than months back when I first shared this.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I had not fallen to sleep.

As I said, it is possible to fall asleep without knowing, have a lucid dream and slip back to the physical world without noticing, with a very smooth, unnoticed transition. It has happened to me before, several times. If you insist that even though you know it is possible, this was not the case, then I'll trust you. You know yourself and your experience better than anyone, so if you, in all your self-honesty, truly knows that you were not asleep with 100% of certainty, then I trust you.

I had no interest in aliens before this event.

This makes the story more interesting, then!

Ok. Everyone can have an opinion. Yep, each person can. I will take it all in stride... I can smile this time too rather than months back when I first shared this.

That's good - no man standing on his own ground should depend on other people's belief or sympathy!

---

Now, since you didn't talk about it, could you still answer my questions, since I'm really interested in this ? To quote them:

Think back on your experience and try to honestly remember whether you remember "waking up" after the experience... like... how long did it take for you to fall asleep after this experience ? Do you remember standing up after the "alien" was gone, then turning all lights on and freaking out as someone would usually do ? Did you try not to fall asleep anymore out of fear and just tried to stay awake by watching TV, postponing your sleep for the flight, like someone scared would do ?

Honestly, what do you think would be your normal reaction on such situation ? Would you just go back to sleep as if nothing happened or do your best to stay awake all night out of fear it might happen again ?

Thanks for sharing your experience !

[edit on 2009-9-9 by bonekeeper]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

There was no waking up because I was awake the whole time. My heart was pounding so hard. Just as if you walked into your home and you realize someone had broken into your house and you're standing right there and don't know if the bad guy will step out and see you that next second, ya, that kinda feeling. Heck no I didn't want to stand up, ha ha. I didn't want to be seen! That's why when I prayed and felt the protective covering come over me I knew I was safe.

I'm a spiritual person and when I pray to God I've felt protection before, a similar experience was when I was praying before I went on a trip to a very unsafe country, then again I felt that same protection. It just simply felt like a blanket covering me, a very comfortable, peaceful blanket. My heart was still pounding just as hard when I felt the protective covering over me but it was then that I realized (don't ask me how I knew, I just knew) that I was being protected and was going to be safe. I eventually fell asleep, but it took a long, long time before I did.

Ha ha, my normal reaction would be what I just wrote, just that, my heart was practically pounding out of my chest... I knew God was protecting me. I've grown up all my life very familiar with spiritual realities and I had no doubt I'd be able to fall asleep with protection the rest of the night. But, believe me, I wanted to get out of there as soon as I woke up!

The funniest part to this whole thing is that I had not made the connection to my phone conversation with my mom until I spoke with her over the phone once I got back to my university. So, lol, as I was on the plane looking out the window over that particular state I told myself "this state is crazy!!!" I remember saying that to myself, all I could think was that it was a regional thing, in a spiritual sense.

I don't want to confuse anyone on spiritual stuff but it does help when you've had some kind of background with that, especially in how my case turned out. I'm just grateful nothing really ever happened to me that night! I would probably be in the same boat along with all the others out there who have horrific stories of what has happened to them when they've been abducted by an alien with ill intentions. My heart truly goes out to those individuals because I can only imagine how life altering that kind of an experience can be.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by dawnslight]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
What happened to you was a real event. It means you have a damn good intuition. There was also a connection that was made between yourself and your mother. I'm going to guess and say your an only child. Usually a parent with one child has a bond that is pretty deep and a spiritual connection is made.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think now would be the time to mention that I am very sensitive to my surroundings both physical & non-physical. I've had plenty enough experiences while awake not even in bed and not being tired that I've felt things around me. So, with that said, I'm not unfamiliar with the "hard to explain." I'm also a massage therapist and actually since I've been one (4 years now) my sensitivities have heightened 'tremendously.' What I've experienced now as a therapist has only confirmed even more the experiences I've had in the past (feeling energy movement around me).

Also cloakndagger, thanks for recognizing what I wrote when I said I had been talking to my mom and she was watching the movie about aliens abducting and raping women at the same time as our conversation was going on. I think maybe about one other person mentioned that. That's the whole uniqueness behind this event, don't ask me why most aren't seeing that or are just skipping that part, ha ha. Anyways, you also mentioned about the connection between my mom and I. Actually I'm the oldest of three, but we do have a close bond, all of us. She raised us as a stay at home mom growing up so there you go with that one... My mom is also very spiritually/energetically sensitive.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by dawnslight]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join