It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments across Europe tremble as angry people take to the streets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester
Ok if they do overthrow there government and install a new one then do you actually think the new government will be goody goody. No it won't nothing will never change no matter who is in charge.

better question if people in any modern country overthrow the government and replace it with a new one, do you think there will be enough people to make it stick and will follow it?

That's the other side of the coin as I see it. Yes, it would be great to tear many of these governments down and start fresh, new, clean and one would hope, wiser, and at the same time, with so many special interests out there, can you find anyone that there's enough of a majority of people to actually trust, let alone follow?

That's the truly troubling part.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

One word for all those stars.

Patriotism

If the people of the United States were under the influence they were being saved, and the government was trying to fix everything they would applaud Marshall Law. The wack jobs like us would be on the side of the street yelling the end is coming and we would immediately be put in holding to stop us from 'corrupting' the other people.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I expect a "miracle" solution coming from EU leaders any day now. I am convinced the financial crisis is planned.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cogburn

I hope that anyone meeting martial law will retaliate with like mind. KILL THE FRACKERS is all I have to say!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done being Mr. Nice Guy.

It might be my paranoid mind and all (I wonder why...wire tapping and such
) but as soon as I posted this, my firefox said "firefox has now blocked a pop-up". Hmmm....

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Griff]

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Griff]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31337
possession is 3/4ths of the law

I thought it was nine tenths? And scorps, it's Martial Law, not Marshall.

The way education standards have slipped worldwide, we almost (dare I say) deserve what's coming to us all...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
The way education standards have slipped worldwide, we almost (dare I say) deserve what's coming to us all...

I don't care if the stupid in this world die. I, myself and a lot of others are smart enough and crafty enough to survive. I say, "let the weak die". It only does us strong ones a service.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I hate to sound Darwinian, but I tend to agree.

We dug this hole. We allowed ourselves to succumb to the lure of easy debt and came to rely on that debt for the functioning of our economy.

Millions across the world are now waking up to this reality. The proliferation of bad debt across the world in the past year has highlighted the flaws in the world's financial system like a patient taking barium.

Those in Davros should be quite aware by now that such behavior will no longer be tolerated.

If not... this marks only the beginning of what this year will bring.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
My guess is it's gonna take some time for the protest to reach the US.

I been to Europe and let me tell you there is absolutely no oppurtunities over there. Everyone seems to own a tourist shop or family run restaurant. The world economy is shrinking and nobody has money to go to Europe, which seem like there lifeline. I predict the business owners over there to go out of business quick, as we are seeing very angry people.

The US is pretty bad now, but it's going to take some more for us to be as bad as Europe.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
"I don't care if the stupid in this world die."

Horrible. Just horrible....

They are human beings and human beings are the most beautiful things in this galaxy - especially the stupid ones; for them, the Mystery is greater and there is a joy to be found in the teaching of them.

It is just a ride ;-)

Enjoy it. Enjoy the stupid.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Thanks for the laugh. But it's reality.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

I don't care if the stupid in this world die. I, myself and a lot of others are smart enough and crafty enough to survive. I say, "let the weak die". It only does us strong ones a service.

Now thats some serious statement. Well... there was once people that used to think like you, for instance, Vlad Drăculea or Vlad the 3rd, (Tepes or "The Impaler") - (yes Dracula) decided to round up the old, ill, lame, poor, blind and all the vagabonds, and invited them to huge dinner in a dining hall of the city and at the end he burned down the hall, no one survived. His words were "now this country only has rich, healthy and strong people"

I guess you share the same line of thought as our nice Mr Tepes here... oh by the way, he was assassinated by his own "loyals".

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

"Thanks for the laugh. But it's reality."

You are welcome.

Have you been to an economic protest yet?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Sorry, but the United States of America is impossible to take over and there is no force great enough on Earth to inprison us all.

What about the force of watching your starving, cold family?

People won't be forced into prisons or camps, they will want to go, for their safety and security. The minority left behind will be seen as the "troublemakers" and will be dealt with easily since the majority sheople won't be around to see what's going on.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
All this Martial Law talk is a bit too much.

Some European countries just have a tradition to take it to the streets. Geez, how many times French have these strikes? Atleast once a year? That's their way of expressing democracy, maybe even has its roots in french revolution. For example every time they cut some EU funding for French farmers - farmers go to the streets and block roads etc.

But EU is a big place, and in general business goes as usual. No martial law coming. Maybe couple government changes in some of the young fragile countries, but thats it.

For most of us its normal. We go to work, hope current economic climate doesnt hit our job, come home, watch tv, sleep.

Point is, it's a small percent that bothers to "go to the streets" and be active.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Stealing from taxpayers when there is no law requiring an income tax is bad enough. If you challenge this in court, you are likely to wind up in prison because of corrupt judges and ignorant juries (remember the recent case of Ed and Elaine Brown)? Here is one case which won on this basis:

tpgurus.wikidot.com... and information from her attorney at tpgurus.wikidot.com... ; a list of tax protesters who learned that there is no law tpgurus.wikidot.com... ; an ex IRS CID www.bostonteapartyii.org... and an ex IRS agent www.sherrypeeljackson.com...
. I feel it's relevant because of the bankster giveaway welfare program with no control/transparancy or accounting. This is taxation without representation--or even a *SNIP* law! While the attention has been diverted to everyone watching billions being wasted on contractors, i.e. the 'military industrial complex (add in media as well), hardly anyone knows about the trillions being spent every year with no questions asked. Just one of these annual errors distributed to families in the US would bean no evictions, nor death from weather/medication, etc. Just visit

www.whereisthemoney.org...
. What percentage of the population in the US understand that the Fed, which controls money, is neither federal nor is it a reserve; it is a private banking corporate conglomerate based out of the UK. The only question remains is, what do we do and how do we go about it. We are, for the most part, extremely tired of this and want real change.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

And ignorance is bliss....

I hope EVERY friend and family member you have are as smart as you (think you) are.

Thank's for helping us to switch on the lights and helping the less informed.

Dumb, very dumb!

You obviously don't have kids do you?

*SNIP*

Mod edit: Removed name calling.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coeus
For most of us its normal. We go to work, hope current economic climate doesnt hit our job, come home, watch tv, sleep.

Point is, it's a small percent that bothers to "go to the streets" and be active.
Hey it's game time in the U.S.!

You'd fit right in.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

Yes, Vlad was a bad dude.  So was Stalin, Pot, Castro, Ortega and just about all of these dudes who lead "people's revolutions".   Do a bit of reading of history and you'll discover that Adolf was also a "power to the people" gent, getting his start stiring up the pot in beer halls.   If you're interested in that do a bit of research on the "Beer Hall Putsch".The irony here is that the governments where the potesting are occuring are all on thin ice.   They are all on thin ice because they have allowed their societys to become weak and have completely destroyed initiative. GDP  ratios are off the charts (Greece's is at 90%).  They have week societies because their people are not incented to work hard because at the level of taxation, it is practically impossible to move up the food chain in society.   They are teetering on the brink because they simply can not continue to satisfy the growing demands of their citizens.   Remember that governments produce nothing, they only spend the fruits of the labor of others.     This situation is only made worse when you have governments who, by virtue of their massively high taxes discourage having children and are forced to import workers from parts of the world where there is no sense of a common culture or values.

The solution is going to painful, cut taxes, cut government, cut out the meddling in the private sector with things like mandated vacation and work weeks and give folks an opportunity to create wealth. That would cause a revolution, but it is the only way. Spend some time in Italy or France and I mean more than two weeks or so and folks will tell you that it simply does not benefit them to work any harder and practically impossible to start a business. the regs are too burdensome and the taxes are too high.

An American example was in the 70's under our worst president, Mr. Carter, the tax rates were so high that it did not make sense for folks to work in many cases. This is especially true for women with children. when you figured out how much you needed to work to pay for day care, it made no sense to work. All that did was discourage very talented women from working as well as practically kill the childcare industry. It also took money away from the government because when folks don't work, there is no income taxes.

I know that it is painful to many, but the lower the tax rates and the greater incentive to work, the more money the government takes in. It is a simple fact. Now that does create a system where some folks are far wealther than others, but who cares? jobs are created and as JFK wrote, "a rising tide lifts all boats". It is troubling to some that under a free market system unfettered by government there are going to be winners and losers. It is also troubling to those who are working hard to achieve something in the society to have to pay more and more in the form of taxes to have to support those who are so busy being troubled by the system that they won't go out and attempt to create something on their own.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
power to the people, the european union is the start of the new world order they thought they had achieved there goal, but as more and more people become aware of this the harder its gonna be. they have been trying to control the masses for years but we are now becoming wise to this........ STAND AND FIGHT

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Sorry, but the United States of America is impossible to take over and there is no force great enough on Earth to inprison us all.

What about the force of watching your starving, cold family?

People won't be forced into prisons or camps, they will want to go, for their safety and security. The minority left behind will be seen as the "troublemakers" and will be dealt with easily since the majority sheople won't be around to see what's going on.

I'm one of the 'troublemakers', been so for much of my life. I follow the rules concerning not doing damage to myself (alright, I'll predicate 'myself' with 'excessive or unreasonable' or others. I can't help but notice that those causing all the problems are obsessed with material gain (money and technology) and control of others. My simple observation for what it's worth is that control of others is easy--a toddler could control an entire room of adults with an unloaded firearm. Control over oneself is the true challenge, and when that is accomplished there simply is no desire to control others. I guess I'm a minority now then, but it seems our numbers are growing and I'm in good company. As far as camps go, the motto 'live free or die' suits me perfectly, there is no third 'choice' for me, and I'm sure many others here feel that as well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join