It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments across Europe tremble as angry people take to the streets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Governments across Europe tremble as angry people take to the streets

www.guardian.co.uk

France paralysed by a wave of strike action, the boulevards of Paris resembling a debris-strewn battlefield. The Hungarian currency sinks to its lowest level ever against the euro, as the unemployment figure rises. Greek farmers block the road into Bulgaria in protest at low prices for their produce. New figures from the biggest bank in the Baltic show that the three post-Soviet states there face the biggest recessions in Europe.

It's a snapshot of a single day – yesterday – in a Europe sinking into the bleakest of times. But while the outlook may be dark in the big wealthy democracies of western Europe, it is in the young, poor, vulnerable states of central and eastern Europe that the trauma of crash, slump and meltdown looks graver.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Thousands protest in Russian east

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It seems that this week the world has had enough.

While the U.S.A. prepares for it's yearly orgy of needless Q1 consumerism (the Super Bowl), the rest of the world is in arms over our mutually declining economic prospects.

Should our European brethren get too far out of line and the troops roll out, we may not hear about it until Monday... unless it's in the half-time show.

How angry is the world?

England
France
Latvia
Iceland
Lithuania
Switzerland
Belarus
Bulgaria
Russia
Greece

All in the past two weeks. Anyone taking bets on the first declaration of martial law?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-1-2009 by cogburn]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It was about time.

I wonder what the governments are going to do. If people get out of control then I guess Martial Law could be possible.

But it's good to see that people are starting to do something. People are starting to see the corruption.

My guess is that the US is next. I don't know when but I hope soon enough.

S & F

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't think that Martial Law will work even if it's instated. I'm looking at Iceland as an example, it might be remote but it was under the UK's grip. The UK closed it's hand, Iceland Banks break, then the Riots and Revolution begin ending with the ousting of the government. TPTB have underestimated the actual anger of a public scorn.

The simple symbolism of their revolt will be what; In my opinion, keep the Revolution's alive; I know for a fact that I'll always refer to them whenever the revolts start in the U.S. and morale may be down amongst my friends. If Iceland can do it; so can We.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Riviera]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

I hope we're not next.

Martial law is the last thing we need right now.

We don't need anarchy or a police state...

Now, where are all of those deniers that said that this was never going to happen?

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think all the governments are in a little bit of a panic right now...and rightly too.

They always use the police or the army to keep them safe in their purple carpeted corridoors..

But, this time I feel it may not work. It may be the case that we have all had enough of their little rabbit runs and rat holes into which they can scurry and hide until the storm blows over...

I feel that it may be time that TPTB will no longer have anywhere to run to or hide.. too many people have gotten organised too fast and the stone has started rolling and it will gather more stones, pebbles and rocks as it rolls.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Riviera

I don't think the PTB even craned a neck muscle one in light of these events.

They control the money, and will make even more with civil decent around the globe.

I'm sure worry is not in the vernacular dialect of the elite.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I really get a kick out of the "martial law" across our Country talk.

Do you know nothing about American's? whether you are from here or not?

Could you imagine trying to round us up? We can't even round up gangs in our cities. You think insurgency is a problem in the middle east? Those guys would be so embarrassed after seeing our "insurgency" that they would be begging to belong to the ACLU.

Do you think everybody in the government and the military are a bunch of follow the nazi drones? They weren't raised that way. They have watched too many movies....John Wayne, Jack Rynn, and Jack Bower are role models.

Sorry, but the United States of America is impossible to take over and there is no force great enough on Earth to inprison us all.

I assume that those of you that believe in any of this, MUST believe that some ET's are working with our government to pull this off. ( I wonder if I can afford a couple shares of RJ Reynolds stock).....the guys that make the aluminum for your hats.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ok if they do overthrow there government and install a new one then do you actually think the new government will be goody goody. No it won't nothing will never change no matter who is in charge.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I agree with you 100%

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I see people looking through the lies and propaganda worldwide. Mainstream media is losing its grip and people have become wise to the tactics used to suppress dissent. In Britain for example, the protests against jobs being sold abroad are steadily growing and this time it doesn't matter that the mainstream news is downplaying the situation. People are using alternative news sources more and more and the word is spreading.

However, I strongly believe that the governments HAD to have anticipated this all (possibly even orchestrated it) and therefore MUST have some course of action in place. Martial law is the obvious plan and this leads me to believe that it was all part of a grand plan. To implement martial law and further enslave the people, the people must first be pushed to violence. Ironic that we're to remain free-er the less angry we get.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It should be pointed out that many of the people enforcing martial law, police, guard troops ect, also have families and pay mortgages and wait for a paycheck like most of us. In Northern Michigan where I live, My friends that are police are closer to thier community than to state or national govt. Of course if the poop hits the AC so to speak, I don't know how they will react, or what might be done to keep them doing thier job.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh how sweet is the sound of social revolution...like music to my ears. Governments should be trembling in they're boots everyday. Every time they make a policy change or decide any sort of lare scale decision, we should be waiting on they're doorsteps with clubs.

Let the world revolt, let the people's voices be heard. It would be nice to remove violence from the equation, but unfortunetly there is always some form of descent at these events.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cogburn

America somehow went to sleep after the likes of Abbey Hoffman, who did make a spectacle of the court system.

We all went about our lives and fell asleep, into the system again, not caring about the big picture, feeling safe and secure in our nests.

Our concerns are not for the safety of our nation any longer, life and liberty...it's all about making a mortgage payment and food on the table.

There is complete honesty in saying "it's every man for themselves" nowadays.

Nobody has the time, inclination, or guts, to defend what they believe is true, because everyday life interferes with it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera
Honestly, I don't think that Martial Law will work even if it's instated. I'm looking at Iceland as an example, it might be remote but it was under the UK's grip. The UK closed it's hand, Iceland Banks break, then the Riots and Revolution begin ending with the ousting of the government. TPTB have underestimated the actual anger of a public scorn.

The simple symbolism of their revolt will be what; In my opinion, keep the Revolution's alive; I know for a fact that I'll always refer to them whenever the revolts start in the U.S. and morale may be down amongst my friends. If Iceland can do it; so can We.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Riviera]

Completely agree with you here Riviera and it's something I never quite understood about the NWO/TPTB. No matter how many charts they roll out, how many numbers they crunch. Do they not understand that the most powerful, and most uncontrollable factor will ALWAYS be humans themselves? You can't honestly EVER think you can easily lump humans as just another "number" to factor in. The human spirit and desire for freedom is simply too big, too powerful to control. Yes, the massess have allowed themselves to be susceptible to their brainwashing, but piss them off enough and you'll see how quickly they destroy all your years of TV brainwashing. Iceland is the perfect example.

It can happen here in the U.S. as well, all that is needed is a charismatic leader who happens to know what we here at ATS now, and be able to let the massess know who they should be placing their anger towards, and that's the end for them. Hopefully though, this time we will do the right thing and ELIMINATE the elite PTB COMPLETELY! If the russian Burgeosie had no problem removing the Czar and all family members to make sure they wouldn't come back. We can do the same and make sure we remove THEM and their whole families COMPLETELY so they never come back, and if by some chance any happen to survive, they will think VERY HARD before trying to pull of the same crap their ancestors did.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As was predicted over two months ago by several people on this very forum.

But I doubt we are at the point of any nation declaring a state of Martial Law.

Iceland have just removed their government from power, and I don't believe the words Martial Law were ever uttered.

But I guess it depends how desperate a government is to retain power while people protest outside their windows.

When I see the protests in London reach the level of the Poll Tax riots, then I'll worry. Until then, the UK will continue as normal, pretty much.

And when you see a massive protest in California or NY, then you should start to worry too, until then, enjoy your Superbowl.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly. Americans are not a quiet bunch and we will not go quietly. If the Government really wants to get despotic, then Americans will hand them their asses on a bloody Gold Plate for good measure. We cannot be realistically invaded and we cannot be realistically over run by our own government. They would just wind up stepping aside before the wave of anger, violence and revolt consumes them.

America, hopefully, will always be free, and we will make sure of it.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
didn't saddam think he had his people under controluntil we moved in?
they found him in a hole ,pretty rattled.
they will keep testing the waters over uere to see how far they can go, but when they have their toe in the "take our guns pool",well,they're making a big mistake. that will draw the tsunami

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I agree wholeheartedly. Americans are not a quiet bunch and we will not go quietly. If the Government really wants to get despotic, then Americans will hand them their asses on a bloody Gold Plate for good measure. We cannot be realistically invaded and we cannot be realistically over run by our own government. They would just wind up stepping aside before the wave of anger, violence and revolt consumes them.

America, hopefully, will always be free, and we will make sure of it.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by projectvxn]

Can't you see that until now it has been subversive? Do you really think for a moment that all the sudden we woke up and were now in the situation were in by total random events?

I find it humorous that people give up there liberties willingly but when they mess with there money they get angry as hell. This has been coming for a long time and the birth pains have been so obvious for those who were seeking.

It is encouraging that people are finally waking up but I worry it may be too late. Those who got us into this mess have prepared well for this. But never underestimate the power of will, the potential of the American people and of course those around the world.

I'll be out there with the signs, bandanna over the face (for tear gas), and a determination to stand or be killed. Arrest me, three will take my place, kill me and insight more protests and descent.

It'll start small with a few, we'll be persecuted with tickets for not having proper permit to protest, (I don't need a permit to express my freedom of speech in a public place) taken to jail, mistreated further in jail. As this happens more will come until the authorities spark the fire and all hell will break loose. (Remember the LA Riots?)

Persecution and repression can only eventually lead to revolution. People can only be pushed so much until they start pushing back and we all are near the tipping point.

To all trusting this new president as some sort of savior you will all be gravely disappointed. I'll see you out there when you finally wake up and realize you've been cheated once again.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The one thing most people are forgetting is, the passive people, the majority that think................hmmmmmmmmmmm, my life is great right now, nothing has changed for me. I don't have anything to hide so take away my rights, I don't care.

I post on another board, and there it seems that none of them are in any sort of hardship right now. I have been out of work since Sept, and have had 2 interviews from the dozen's of applications I've filled out, some of them were for jobs at less than half the pay that I was making.

It's very scary right now, and it's getting worse. It will come to the US eventually.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join