It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was the first Vampire

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
hey i read all the people scomments on here and as a avid vampire researcher for 12 years i have come across so many people who tried to
1. forse thier opionion onto others
2. change the opinion of others
and you just cant do that everyone has a right to belive in anything whould you sit a child down and scream in their faces that there is no santa clause? i think not.
But think about this the word vampire came from some where a man did not wake up some where one thursday morning and say hey i think im going to start a rumor that a man like being sucked my blood and then i grew fangs. This all origonated from some where. And it has been going on for not hundreds but thousands of years the chatholic bible has a verse saying ...and i know im gonna be bombarded with comments after this one. but save them nothing anyone says is going to sway me not even the chatholic priest i broght this info to. i have read " that Lilith was created unlike eve to be adams equal put on this earth to walk side by side with him. At one point she turned from adam and fled the garden. which was when eve was created from adams rib put on this earth to love and serve him. they created cain and able. Lilith took cain and bore him thousands of children. these children are known as the fallen children. whom were cast into the darness and were forsed to survive their nights by drinking the blood of humans. After Lilith gave cain his children he slayed her. Now it is your choice to belive what ever your little hearts desire but when i broght my foundings to a chatholic priest he wouldent tell me if he thought what i was trying to prove was correct but he told me that he would absolutly not tell me that it was wrong. he couldnt as a priest agree with my findings but in his heart as a man couldnt lie to me and say they were false . so you take that anyway you wnat but i was there staring into his face and i know that what i found was corrct and acurate and the church has been hiding the fact that vampires indeed do exist

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think they actually found out that Judas was told by Jesus to betray him, because if Judas hadn't have, Jesus wouldn't have died for our sins. (even though I think Christianity is a heap of
).
I think that they found that out from an original copy of the Bible.
Oh yeah, Vlad wasn't a Vampire, (he was a dictator or something) he just like to kill and torture people and then drink they're blood.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
no, Vlad had nothing to do with vampires. just bram stokers imagination.

anyway, first vampire? have no clue, but i know they are mentioned in mythologies of ancient mesopotamian civilizations and there was some talk about them since (egipt, ancient greece, roman empire etc.), but noone mentions their origin.

and interesting and confusing thing is that in the eastern europe they were called 'vrykolaka' or 'vrykolak', which similar with todays word for werewolf - 'vukodlak'.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyRoman
And from my knowledge, actual human blood drinking was a practice used outside Europe, in Africa,Asia and South America on the battlefield, when winners would drink the blood of the fallen enemies, to gain their knowledge and spirit.That`s when cannibalism also occured.
On a more humorous note, this thing is somewhat stupid, because why would you want to have the spirit of a looser?

Its not just the spirit. You took what made your opponent him/her self. You took their life into you after defeating them and it was the ultimate prize of victory.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Probably Lilith, but the earliest one that can be proven is Vlad Tepes/Vlad Dracul/Dracula/Vlad The Impaler.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
shortly after cain had killed abel and gained immortality and had children and grandchildren God sent angels one of them being me to cain and instructed him to choose a few of his decendents he chose 8 representing the 8 continents they were to counsul and lead the vampires that would follow them there were eight originals 2 sons of cain 1 daughter 1 granddaugter 4 grandsons...now if your seeking more info i have started a myspace dedicated to my company we have started to take up the burden of explaining the whole vampire history exactly

www.myspace.com/granituscorps
thanks guys

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i believe the flood killed all of cains desendents

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Vampires, real Vampires, have been with us for centuries, who is to say who the first one was? Vampirism is a medical condition (no I am not rambling, I happen to be a Vampire and if you do some research, everything I am saying can be proven. Don't believe me? Look it up) whilst its victims crave blood and cannot go out in the sun for more then a minute or so without burning their skin right off and possibly losing some fingers. They aren't immortal, and we can't turn in to bats... that's hysterical garbage. The first Vampire story features Dracula I think, though I cannot be certain of that paticular matter.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
figuring out the first vampire is a difficult task, the reason for this is that every culture has a tradition/ritual of blood drinking, whether it's animal or human, there are many advantages for doing so, such as vitamins and protein. If you're talking about drinking blood from animals, it can be shown from the dawn of humankind, as for humans, perhaps the same can be said. is it possible that vampirism is part of evolution? due to psychological and environmental factors of first man. it's just a thought, but hopefully it'll provoke some theories in the minds of others.

In addition to the rituals mentioned by IKnowNothing, many cultures have their own stories of creatures that shun the light and/or suck the blood (life) out of other creatures, humans included. These stories are far older than Judas Iscariot, let alone Dracula. The "Dracula" we currently know is the mixup of the old vampire stories with the historical figure of Vlad Tepes by Bram Stoker and overhyped by Hollywood writers; who in turn used more other stories to substain theirs. In other words, one thing is Dracula seen in the movies, other is Dracula by Bram Stoker, other is the real Vlad Tepes, and other are the local stories of creatures resembling vampires. Splitting up all the points, answering the question of who was the first vampire is a pretty tough question, considering all the civilizations that have their own vampire stories. One thing is certain, it is not Vlad Tepes, much less Judas Iscariot. I hope this does not disencourage your research.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by toolmaker

The idea of Lilth, first wife of Adam following the casting out from Eden being the first is all well and good, provided, of course, that you believe in God/Eden/Adam & Eve, etc.
Otherwise, there are a positive wealth of storie, legends, myths (call them what you will) that go back throughout time to ancient China, Egypt, Babylon, Greece, Rome etc. that tell of gods or demons with vampiric tendencies.
Who was the first? We may never know. Although the general consensus does seem to be that it is some form of beautiful demon woman/goddess condemned for her wrongdoing. Whether Lilith, Lamashtu, Lamia, Sekhmet, Kali or Empusa, we'll never know and I doubt we'd really want to tbf.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnaraven
The first Vampire story features Dracula I think, though I cannot be certain of that paticular matter.

No it doesn't.

For your own information, you might be interested in this. Wikipedia isn't the best source of information imaginable, but until I can remember the others I've visited of equal interest it's all I can offer.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Cain was the first, followed by Lilith.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just to explain in a little more detail.

Cain was fathered by the serpent (not Adam..which gives us 2 original bloodlines), and killed his half brother Abel.
This did not cast him out of the face of God, but since he would not admit and accept his punishment, in return he recieved a curse that gave him life eturnal, and a strong blood lust which caused him to become an outcast. (Eternal life w/o Gods presence)

Cain fathered children, who fathered children, which spread to 13 branches of the "bloodline", some of which who became pharoahs of Egypt, and enslaved they're own people, also being the same one's who created the "great white brotherhood".

Some say Cain still walks the Earth, trying to rid himself of guilt, while his bloodline seperated into 2 halfs, one being those who bring good into men, the other whom wish to punish the good of man, and the same supposed bloodline the Antichrist will originate from.
Others believe God killed off Cains bloondline in the great flood, but not Cain, due to his eternal life, leaving the possibility he created a new bloodline shortly after.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by RedTeam1]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
[Mod edit] sorry but it is the truth. The first vamipre was Cain. Easy as that. He was cast away from the Garden of Eden by God for killing his brother. He was then given four or five chances to go back by god's angels because he was so merciful (God). But cain simply said no in his ignorence. With each angel he sent away he was cursed. Well, later he came upon Lilith. Adam's first wife. She kissed him(he drank of her blood three times) unknowingly. This made him under her spell to do as she wished. Well he later found out and did the same to her. He became cursed more into damnation. well the story goes to when cain makes enach and he lives peacefully with the humans. untill the beast comes out and he is no longer seen as a power full god but a hungry monster. That is the story. and the cool part, in the end of time at the last battle, he will go to god ask forgiveness and all vampires will die. forever. sucks for them. good for cain.

[Mod Edit: Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 2) Behavior and also Courtesy Is Mandatory. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 3/3/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Amusing. Seriously. You know what's really the most funny thing about this thread? How each person so repetitively calls Prince Dracula a dictator, then claims to know so far back in history. Laughable. Extraordinarily laughable. He was a freak! Oh, no! A dictator! No, no no no. This all fails. Failure. Listen to the truth. It deserves to be told.
Vlad Dracula was not a "shunner" of the light (and for that matter, those who are photosensitive aren't making a choice! They are pained by sulight! What do you expect them to say? "Serve me up some more radiation?" or "oh yes, more burns please! What pleasureful sunlight!")- anyway: even if he did happen to have the 'condition' known as photosensitivity, and even if he did so horribly, so awfully drink blood, what of the circumstances?
In times passed, those with the blood affliction- paleness and such, whatever it's called- were told to drink blood, and these people were commonly nobles who inbred, causing the affliction. There were people like the 'lady' Bathory, who indeed were crazies to be polite; who didn't have any sort of difference about them beyond the "oddness" if you will, of fetishist behavior, which she took to most cruel extremes.
He was not a dictator. He was not Transylvanian. Vladislav Dracula was a Prince of Wallachia, taught at young age by his own father that his own life was close to worthlessness, an escapee from the enemy captivation, and later the warrior ruling. He impaled the enemies on poles to frighten enemies away, and the same with the blood. In the area, there are still many who view the prince- not count- as a hero, and certainly no dictator.

Just as a note, i did not take this information from any one site, but this is a bit of knowlede from all my reading (actual books I might add, not radom net sites-), which i would encourage those making such rash allegations to do.

Dictator. Really.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hello? Anyonnne? Jee, y'know, i liked this thread, beyond my frustraton about Tepes' misrepresentation. Come back!! I liked this thread! I didn't MEAN to kill it!!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
something i would like to shed some light upon this subject well at least the vlad part because i am tired of hearing he was not a vampire well for the most part his close friend was a vampire and vlad allowed him to wear his armor during battle....and thats where there arised alot of stuff like his movements and witnessings of bloodlust vlad was an ordinary guy who had vampire friends thats all nothing more i am sorry now the point of this post is for the first vampires there was not a first one there were eight consisting of Cain's grandchildren and great grandchildren....after the great flood there were seven new ones made from noahs grandchildren and great granchildren and two great great grandchildren,those are the only two remaining alive to this day......i could go in greater detail but i dont know how dead this post is.......levita i see you alot around this subject recently......i look forward to talking with you

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well what you have to say is interresting as well, the statue, and i find this subject as one most interresting. Notice how i didn't really say whether Dracula was a vampire or not? I know i don't have the answer. But i know either way- it doesn't really matter to me, though your answer on that is interresting- he was not a dictator, and not the first vampire. It just really got me irked, these people coming on here and reciting Bram Stoker. The guy was a decent writer, but things have gone so far, even from what can be seen here, with people taking his words and some hollywood balderdash as absolute truth. So, i guess i may have killed the thread. History- actual documented history needed to be heard. Or, read rather. Still, it is imature of these people abandoning when i defend Dracula, and state their wrongs. What else do you know, thestatue? And how would you come upon such information? I've been turned away from reading the bible by all the hypocrisy i've been exposed to, but i do know that this is not in the common bible. I look through mythology otherwise and the strangenesses in this reality, biology, and it all fascinates me. But just the same, history needed to be heard.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Levita]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gryffen

interesting discussion here is what i know.

it is widely believed that cain the first son of adam was the first vampire, it is also widely held that lilith was the first. i believe she is mentioned in the book of jeremiah cant remember where but her name is translated as the night creature. believe that it is in the verses where the prophet is describing what happens after the restoration of israel and the establishment of the kingdom of god, and the judgement of the nations(what happens to them), she is given her own place to dwell. i also seem to remember that in another prophecy which i believe is also in the book of jeremiah that a mysterious person named kain was talked about i believe he was to be burned.

AGAIN I THINK THIS IS IN THE BOOK OF JEREMIAH BUT I COULD BE WRONG I WILL POST THE BOOK AND VERSES AFTER I CHECK THEM MYSELF TO MAKE SURE.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You know, much as i do search for "the truth," and there are some pretty interesting things about this search in particular, something doesn't sit right. What doesn't sit right, in some way, it is how people would be announcing, like it is absolute fact, that either Lillith or Kain were the first. While there is the curiosity, the seeking for someone to just tell all, it does not sit right. While Lillith was in the tale of creation, and Kain as well (i suppose, i don't really read it~), Masquerade the roleplay game, or the videogame Gamefly advertizes for- i could be wrong, or- but... don't they both circle around him? Does the overused idea not bother ANYBODY? Much as i would be curious, the mere idea that humans would know the real first vampire-whatever they would really be- seriously does sit right.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join