It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was the first Vampire

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If the bible is to be taken at face value then I would have to say that Lilith and Cain both played a part in the creation of Vampires.

Lilith was vanished from Eden because she did not want to be subservient to Adam, to make a long story short she was send into the Red Sea? And God then created Eve for Adam.

Now we all know that Cain killed his brother and was vanished as well, but it does say (not sure which of the 26 versions of the bible it is) that he went on to father many creative and wicked children. He and is offspring are credited with the creation of the chello and other instruments as well.

The two meet up at some point and do spawn children/demons/vampires whatever you want to call them. The bible pretty much lumps all evil in one rotting pile.

As for Vlad the Impaler, well.. he did do many many many unspeakable things in his lifetime, and he was considered somewhat of a monster as well. When he was alive, mothers for hundreds of miles around would whisper into their children�s ears as they tucked them in for the night "be good or Dra-cu-la will get you"..
Scary stuff

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Another tidbit that does not seem to be included as of yet:

The order of the dragon was intended to represent the Beast of Revelation (Satan) who is slain by the forces of good (Christianity). Vlad took on the nickname "Dracul" in reference to his induction into the order. The word "dracul" has its origins in the Latin "draco" meaning "the dragon".

His son Vlad (better known as Vlad the Impaler) used the sobriquet "Dracula"in the context of "son of Dracul".

Thanks how Vlad got his name - pretty cool stuff
Awesome thread! I can't tell you how much Vampires have facinated me in the past, I will watch this thread with interest.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am not saying there is a connection, but Gen 9:3-4 makes it pretty clear that consuming flesh with blood is a no-no. Now to see a possible connection, you could ask "After the flood, why did God have to give this warning?"

Gen 9:3-4
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
lucifer was the first fallen angel and therefore the first vampire!!! Vampires have always lived amongst us. They had different names like incubus' or succubus' but they've always been there...and they always will..until the final battle. If lucifer dies on earth then so does all his minions.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think that everyone knows legends have some basis in fact and I believe we know where the myth came from. On the first page of this thread is

As you know...Vlad Tsepesh was a know Prince among his people in Transalvania...he was a warrior and well known for his torture methods of impaling his victims on spikes through the anus and out the mouth or chest.

Now the legend could surround him because of his bloodthisty reign but..we will get to that later.

If his legions were indeed bloodthirsty (which they absolutely were) wouldn't word spread of an army led by a man who (factually) bathed in blood, (i think) drank blood and whose army gives no mercy in battle.

As word spreads, bloodthirsty could misinterpreted as them actually thirsting for blood. Now this legend would be rooted in culture (be good or vlad'll drink your blood!) And the legend plus porphyria = vampires.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Another very influential historical figure (not necessarily biblical) that Bram Stoker cited as a reference for his original dracula tale, was Elizabeth Bathory. She was also form the Transylvania region, and lived roughly 100 years after Vlad the Impaler. She felt that the blood of young women made her younger, so she woudl frequently bath in the blood of virgins kidnapped from local villages. She killed over 600 people, with some historians claiming the number to be around 2,000, tortured, drank their blood, etc.

Source

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"Another very influential historical figure (not necessarily biblical) that Bram Stoker cited as a reference for his original dracula tale, was Elizabeth Bathory. She was also form the Transylvania region, and lived roughly 100 years after Vlad the Impaler. She felt that the blood of young women made her younger, so she woudl frequently bath in the blood of virgins kidnapped from local villages. She killed over 600 people, with some historians claiming the number to be around 2,000, tortured, drank their blood, etc. "

Was she not the one who used the torture method called 'star kicking'?

Anywho starkicking involved strapping someone down and tightly placing wax paper inbetween their toes. They kick because it burns so bad and eventually hallucinate (seeing stars etc.) due to the pain before passing out.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
all of my research has lead me to Bram Stokers Dracula is the first, but the legends predates his book. I think this linky helps, some cool ideas ;

external thingy

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am the first vampire >.> Now.. go get me a sammich cause im hungry... >.>

Dont think vampires are "real" but in a sense a way of reality to ones self... doo dee ooo thats confusing

Way of life for people.. they try to convert people like a religion therefor making *!VAMPIRELINGS!*

I drink blood.. my blood animal blood.. someones blood that will let me out of a cut... I could get "Sick" but I dont and I enjoy it.. does it make me a vampire.. by peoples specs yes

Just my thoughts

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
well maybe the first vampire was a vampress and she was made by black magic u nevr noor it could be twins and they were born that way

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
^_^ I like that idea
but I still say current age vampires is a state of mind and not a physical disease

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This may have been touched on already, I am not going to read every post, but many of the Nazis of World War 2 were part of a Satanic cult in which harvesting the souls of jews was accomplished by drinking their blood. Maybe Hitler was the first.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ugh. Again with the Nazis and Vampires. Hitler couldn't be the first for a few reasons.

1) Stoker wrote his story of Dracula in the 1800's. So that counts THAT theory out.

2) I don't know about you, but I've seen Hitler in film walking outside during the day. Vampires, minus Dracula, could NOT walk in the sun.

3) Hitler was a strict vegetarian. I know some vegetarians at my workplace, and the general conscensus is that if it is flesh of an animal, they won't touch it. I eat meat and stay away from blood, so what does that tell you?

4) Hitler supposedly had in his possession the Spear of Destiny, a HOLY christian relic. If a simple crufix is enough to injure or atleast scare off a vampire, you'd think that the spear that punctured Christ's side, was covered in his blood, and is generally associated with killing Him, allowing Him to die for our sins, would instantly DESTROY a vampire.

End rant.

Vampires have alwasy been around, they've just had a resurgance in popularity due to the push of the Gothic Movement and everything dark. Games, music, film, tv shows, books, apparel.... all these things will keep vampires alive.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
what about Cain? It is theorized that Cain was exiled from the Garden of Eden and became the first vampire.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by x daedalus x]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Possibly. However until we have evidence of Cain's existence it will be debated.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Elizabeth Bathory is the only documented real "vampire".

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The first vampyre was Vlad Tepes aka Vlad Dracul aka Vlad the Impaler.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hi guys, I followed this forum for some time, but just now I registered.
I am from Romania, and I want to tell you my opinion on this whole Vlad/Dracula subject.
Please know that I am not against this myth with Vlad the Impaler being Dracula, because it is good for business here, as a lot of tourists come focusing on this subject.
As it has been stated on this thread, Vlad`s father was Vlad Dracul.The name Dracul comes from the Order of the Dragon - Societas Draconistrarum, which was a knight order.That`s where the Dracul name comes from, because in Romanian, drac means dragon, but later, because of the association of the dragon with evil, bad things , according to popular folklore in Romania, drac means also a devil of some kind.Not Satan, but something very evil.
Anyway, Vlad the Impaler - that`s what Tepes means in english,was the ruler of Valahia and he battled the Turks.Along with the fights with the turks, he was also fighting the boyars, which were the corrupt feudal lords and who killed,among many others, Vlad Dracul and Mircea, the father and brother of Vlad Tepes.Another reason why he killed most of them was because they had a big power in Valahia, the power to put rulers on the throne.He killed them and appointed other boyars, which were loyal to him only.It is something similar with the thing Stalin did, when he killed all the old school communists in Russia.
Regarding the famous impalements: this was the punishment he instated for criminals.He also used this method to kill the turk prisoners he got from the battles.This was a very succesful method of putting a big fear in the turkish soldiers, who,when invading Valahia saw literally woods of stakes with turks on them,left rotting .You can only assume that the sight of hundreds of impaled turks had a very big effect on the invading armies, causing desertions and retreats.
This,along with some brilliant war strategies used against the turks, made Vlad Tepes a big hero to the Balkan countries,and even Western Europe who feared the muslim invasion of the otoman empire.And also made him the biggest enemy of the turks, who, after all the horror stories heard of him, taught he was an actual monster.
One user said on this subject that Romanian mothers used to tell naughty children that Vlad Dracula will come for them if they don`t behave.
Actually that is what the turkish mothers told their children.
Anyway, among the boyars killed by Vlad, there were a lot of Hungarian traders, with a lot of relations and influence all over the Holy Roman Empire.In revenge to the killings made by Vlad, they made up stories that he eats babies, drinks their blood, and stuff like that.
That, along with the stories(mostly based on actual facts ) of Elisabeth Bathory, a countess from Transilvania that lived long after Vlad, made a legend that Transilvania is a land of evil ,mysticism, with vampires,werewolves etc.
That`s where Bram Stoker based his story, and actually if you visit Transilvania, with the rocky mountains,with a lot of caves and ruined castles and fortresses, deep forests, you could believe that Dracula`s home is really here.
So in conclusion, Vlad Tepes was not a real vampire, he didn`t have a "medical condition that made him have vampire teeth " !!!! OMG
and he didn`t drink the blood of babies.It was all legend, with which Vlad mostly agreed, as it made the enemies in Otoman Empire and also the possibly rebellious people in Valahia fear him more than the devil itself

But the legend is so cool
and also the relation between Dracula and Judas is a great gimmick for a movie or a book, but in my opinion is oh so very far fetched.

Actually, human vampires may actually be mentally ill people influenced by this legend,than the other way around.
That is my opinion and I thought to share it with you guys.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
And from my knowledge, actual human blood drinking was a practice used outside Europe, in Africa,Asia and South America on the battlefield, when winners would drink the blood of the fallen enemies, to gain their knowledge and spirit.That`s when cannibalism also occured.
On a more humorous note, this thing is somewhat stupid, because why would you want to have the spirit of a looser?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The white wolf book/game mentioned is called "Vampire the Masquerade" and it mentions various supposed "tribes".

I really do like the take mentioned about Judas. But, I know that vampires aren´t real, otherwise, there would have been some form of factual evidience, aside from fictional books and movies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join