It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was the first Vampire

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That was Cascus...it's a fictional series of books.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

i totally understand what you are trying to say, i suppose the reason most think it's cain is because of the curse laid on him by the Lord. the Kain i was refering to is a different person, i only thought to mention him because of the prophecy given about him by balaam although only a couple of verses it is interesting to me because he was to be burned, and obviously his name is similar to Cain. here are the verses promised in earlier post was off on the location.

concerning lilith: ISAIAH 34:14- "the beasts of the desert shall also meet with the jackals and the wild goat bleet to its companion also THE NIGHT CREATURE shall rest there and find for herself a place of rest."

the original word translated as night creature is lilith.

concerning Kain not Cain: NUMBERS 24:21-22- "then he looked on the kenites and he took up his oracle and said "firm is your dwelling place and your nest set high in the rock; nevertheless Kain shall be burned how long until asshur carries you away captive."

these passages are taken from the new king james so the translation may be different if you have a different bible. if i wasn't tired i would post the curse laid on cain.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sigh~ seriously, i didn't mean to kill it, once again. But does the overuse of the two/ three ideas (Lillith/Kain/Dracula) really bother no one?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
Sigh~ seriously, i didn't mean to kill it, once again. But does the overuse of the two/ three ideas (Lillith/Kain/Dracula) really bother no one?

i wouldn't say you killed it. i would have to agree that lillith is a stretch and definately dracula because there were tales of vampires or vampire like creatures around along time before he was born, but Cain has always been the more favored probably because of the curse laid on him by the Lord. the Kain i was refering to is a different person mentioned only in two verses. i only thought of him because of the similarity in name (Cain/Kain) and that he was to be burned. what if anything is to be gained from this is up for debate.

NUMBERS 24:21-22 "then he looked upon the kenites and he took up his oracle and said "firm is your dwelling place and your nest is set in the rock; nevertheless Kain shall be burned. how long until asshur carries you away captive."

these verses are taken from the new king james so a different translation may have different wording. aqain i wouldn't say you killed it you probably just made people think a little.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by abraxes

Oh, i suppose i just assume i kill posts. I dunno if it means i make people think. It just happens all the time. I thought they were all talking about Cain, from genesis??? That's the only part i remember. I don't really read The Book.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

i suppose some of them were talking about him, like i said in last post the only reason i thought of the one i was mentioning from NUMBERS was because of the similarity in name Cain/Kain. the reference is really vague but still worth mentioning all things considered, personally i am more interested in the mythological and biblical angles more than anything. after some thought one reason i would guess that alot think of lillith as the first is because almost every vampire like creature that i have ever read of is generally described as female not all but alot, of course i do need to bone up on my mythology but hey i'm kinda lazy like that. i was also thinking last night if your interested you should check out the oxford classic series of ancient sumerian myths as well as the odessy by homer especially the part where they go into the underworld dig trenches to fill with blood so the dead can drink and reveal a path home for them (at least i think it was from the odessy it might have also been from jason and the argonauts).

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by abraxes
reply to post by Levita

after some thought one reason i would guess that alot think of lillith as the first is because almost every vampire like creature that i have ever read of is generally described as female not all but alot, of course i do need to bone up on my mythology but hey i'm kinda lazy like that.

I suppose i am, on the other hand, very interested in the mythology also, but theoretics of things. Not to say that biblical things aren't worth mention, but logically, does it really even make sense for humans to know the true 'first vampire'? Did you ever notice, that in a lot of the old tales, in varying religions, it [just only ~SEEMS~] that women play the more wrong, stupid, and selfish roles? Also, that anything associated with darkness or night was automatically evil in old religions and myths? But then again, perhaps it only ~seems~ that way................

(Anyway, If i ever got the chance to read the myths you speak of, I may. It would be interesting, i'm sure.)

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I know the answer to this one, definitly Bela Lugosi.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
...funny.

oddly enough, it was. Thankyou. (I seriously hope no one would take that seriously here, though. But he did play a great Count Dracula. Once you see him as Dracula, he is always Dracula. No matter what role he is playing, in what ever clip of a nold movie you see him in, just one photo in him in the tuxedo-collared-cape ensemble in enough to spoil all else. BEWAAAAARE~)

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Levita

Originally posted by abraxes
reply to post by Levita

Not to say that biblical things aren't worth mention, but logically, does it really even make sense for humans to know the true 'first vampire'? Did you ever notice, that in a lot of the old tales, in varying religions, it [just only ~SEEMS~] that women play the more wrong, stupid, and selfish roles? Also, that anything associated with darkness or night was automatically evil in old religions and myths? But then again, perhaps it only ~seems~ that way................

(Anyway, If i ever got the chance to read the myths you speak of, I may. It would be interesting, i'm sure.)

1. i would have to agree that it really doesn't make much sense at all, i suppose for some searching for the first vampire (or any vampire for that matter) is really just a curiosity. i am by no means an expert in this area, but i am interested in myth and folklore and i suppose my real interest lies in the discovery of a progenitor from which a family tree and hence ancestry can be
plotted out and established and the corellation between that and what many think of as myth. admittedly to do that you would have to start from the bottom up to said progenitor to trace ancestry for it to be viable, and since i don't see any popping in to say hello (not that i would really want one to) it's really more of a pipe dream than anything. really just interested in the opinion of others and i would have to say thanks as well for the back and forth.

2. it has always bugged me that women do seem to be at the center more often than not of these predefined roles in myth at least the later period stories anyways, perhaps and it's just speculation but perhaps it's the fear of something they don't understand i mean lets face it men are pretty simple, humans and that includes men and women tend to give voice to or somehow express their fears or that which which they don't understand (to demonize the fear) and many of these tales were written by men and i'll be honest i don't think i will ever truly understand women, it is not an all pervasive fear or really even fear i just try to understand what little i can and enjoy them as much as possible. now back to the idea i was trying to go with in the earliest tales (sumerian, akkadian, egytian etc...)there was really no distinction between the two sexes (as i have said before i really do need to refresh my knowledge about these things so don't take it at face value) this asexual bent in the earlier ones is i think is a little truer because they were all described as monsters.

sorry for such along post, i hope you do get the chance to read them sometime

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I dont understand.... When people come to these forums and open up "crytpzoology" they must laugh when all they see are things like vampires,werewolves,fairies and dragon topics. You know? the 4 things theres not a shred of evidence at all about other then loopy people beleiving in it for some bizzarre reason.
Now im sure the OP will say if you dont like it dont read and we have a right blaa blaa. You sure do have a right to discuss it but why not go to a sci fi board? and not a board that really has nothing to do with fictional things like vampires.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Truly finding this new interest in vampires alarming in me! But its fascinating none-the-less. I run with the Cain story, or even pre-Adam, as to the origins, but in a different way. I'm assuming Adam to be a serious forerunner for modern man, though he still was reported to live longer, so more clipping may have occurred after Adam. Since the Scriptures are to me merely allegorical for ets involvement with mankind and dna experiments. If vampires exist at all,
as in mortal humans with differences, then the possibility exists, if this is a dna laboratory so to speak, that the true blood immortal would also exist. Just interesting to speculate about. If then a different version with less fused dna strands and longer lifespan was created, and the decision became to run with the current model of humans so to speak, with some dna clipping, then there is at least one other race of humans. There may be in reality more. Though perhaps not probable, its not impossible if you believe in ets and dna manipulation.

Some remnants of this forerunner may still have carried into our dna, and therefore there may be a mortal class of vampires, one that requires energy or blood to be healthy. This is the only way this would work. As such, though different,immortal vampires would have souls and simply be a different race.

My favorite horror stories remains the ones about vampires. As well in mangas, and anime. Trinity Blood was an interesting anime that equated vampires with ets.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Janus

(The details of this first soap opera are reported with various embellishments.)

Very interesting thread - and then I got to this part and bust out laughing - I'd been thinking the same thing - then back to very interesting information.
Thanks!

Will be keeping an eye on this thread - it's got me curious!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Okay I'll play,how about this the first vampire is a space alien?
they get stuck here can't leave the planet live underground hide from the mean old sun
Meanwhile a religious cult develops around them,in mimicry of the aliens the followers .develop a religion of blood sacrifice and horrendous oppression,of all humans not in the chosen inner circle

They wait in vain for rescue to arrive from the home planet hoping they are not discovered before the mothership arrives

something like that?

Just speculation

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have never seen this post before. It is very interesting to say the least.

Do you suppost that Judas, while not physically a vampire, was the inspiration for such?

The mythology was basically repackaged... the idea of him killing with this kiss, during the last supper, (drinking jesus's blood) and as a result of which, Jesus died and became immortal?

There's more parallells between the two stories than there are just saying that Judas was literally a vampire.

(BTW, just disregard if that's been discussed, I didn't read through this entire thread.)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Extraterrestrial Origin? Anyone? I know it's sounds uncanny compare to Cain or Lilith. but what if they are real thing, another possible life-form has its physical existence?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What is this about red hair and being a vampire. I have naturally red hair and can trace my family name to the immediate family of Vlad. I assure you that I am no vampire.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

you cannot imbibe more than a few hundred millilitres of blood without vomiting.
blood is an emetic - makes you vomit - and the body cannot digest much of it

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I always believed it began in ancient Sumeria and Egypt..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join