It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was the first Vampire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
In a recent thread we were discussin the possibility of Judas Iscariot being Dracula...now...as crazy as it may seem, there are so many similiarities between these two historical figures it is very hard for me not to believe that there is a link between them.

Baked and Myself have decided to begin a research project on this and hopefully in a few days we will be able to come up with some very solid evidence backing up our claims.

Now i know u have probably see Dracula 2000, and i know ur saying...'she's just stolen the idea'...but i am honestly saying i thought this WAY before i saw that film.

So for the next couple of post we are hopefully going to bring you all upto speed on the backgrounds of Judas Iscariot and Dracula...also known as Vlad Tsepesh..aka..Vlad the Impaler.

Then shortly after...begin deeper research into how these two tales could be so closely connected without physical proof.

Any comments are welcome as is more info links...were doing this as we are very interested and are not trying to come down on anyones faith or beliefs.

Cheers and i hope u enjoy

Baked and Gryff

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
In a recent thread we were discussin the possibility of Judas Iscariot being Dracula.

Watching Dracula 2 were we!?! Some say Lilith, some Vlad Tepies, but it is all just a legend placed over a medical disease to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't believe in that vampire #. The only person I can think of that was talked about as a vampire was "Vlad The Impaler" as they called him. The only reason he was considered a "vampire" was because after his totured and killed, he ats their hearts, sometimes anyway. Speaking of which, his mosoleum ? Its beautiful. Im suprised the fixed it up as nics as that with the way he acted when he was alive.

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ok...as we agreed were gonna take this slowly to break everyone into this and get out feet into how this is gonna work...so please excuse any mistakes...they are all my own.

Background on Judas Iscariot:

As u well know...Judas Iscariot was one of the desciples of Jesus, he was special as he was the one who carried money around with him while the others did not.

The link i am giving u is about the history of Judas and should give u some inside information.

Judas Biography

Here is some information on Vlad Tspesh:

As you know...Vlad Tsepesh was a know Prince among his people in Transalvania...he was a warrior and well known for his torture methods of impaling his victims on spikes through the anus and out the mouth or chest.

Now the legend could surround him because of his bloodthisty reign but..we will get to that later.

Here is the link

Vlad

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

As you know...Vlad Tsepesh was a know Prince among his people in Transalvania...he was a warrior and well known for his torture methods of impaling his victims on spikes through the anus and out the mouth or chest.

Now the legend could surround him because of his bloodthisty reign but..we will get to that later.

The thing is, he wasn't a "vampire". He was just a lunitic that did some crazy # in his life. Just because someone drinks blood doesn't make that person a "vampire".

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My ex-girlfriend!

She sucked the life out of me.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't get what you are attempting to do here that was not done in a dozen other vampire threads. You might what to use the search feature before expressing ideas that you have mentioned are already in another thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
look...were tryin to find answers...if u dont like the thread...dont look

its our rite...were not doing anything wrong...2 people trying to find answers with a lot of back up research...

now..leave us alone and let yus voice our opinions as see fit

oh and BTW...more than able to use the search function...but we decided to do our own from scratch...no harm done huh

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Gryffen]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I don't get what you are attempting to do here that was not done in a dozen other vampire threads. You might what to use the search feature before expressing ideas that you have mentioned are already in another thread.

Are you talking to me? Because I hardly ever participate in this forum, nor have I participated in any vampire threads with the exception of this one.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

look...were tryin to find answers...if u dont like the thread...dont look

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Gryffen]

Please continue, I for one am interested in where you may be going with this.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
Are you talking to me? Because I hardly ever participate in this forum, nor have I participated in any vampire threads with the exception of this one.

Sorry, I should have specified. No I am not talking to you, but instead the author of this thread.

And it wasn't Dracula 2; it was Dracula 2000. My bad.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yes Jonna as i said i am aware people will think i have stolen the idea from a crap film

But...people did think before hollywood came along and this whole topic is about having opinions and challanging ideas.

If u dont like it..please stop flaming it...were just gonna ignore any flames....Baked and myself want to do this..were sticking by rules...giving links and opinions as backup and u cant complain

Now...read or dont...ur choice

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'd like to see where and what this thread ends up, so please continue the research, and I'll try to add little tidbits of information over time, and try to find some relevant events throughout history

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have also had this discussion before with a friend of mine i think its a very challengeing idea Judas Iscariot being Dracula . Could this have been his punishment for
betrayeing jesus to the romans for 30 peices of silver
not being able to walk dureing the day and liveing of peoples blood and not able to see your self in the mirror and etc .Looking forward to hearing more in greater deatail

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
figuring out the first vampire is a difficult task, the reason for this is that every culture has a tradition/ritual of blood drinking, whether it's animal or human, there are many advantages for doing so, such as vitamins and protein. If you're talking about drinking blood from animals, it can be shown from the dawn of humankind, as for humans, perhaps the same can be said. is it possible that vampirism is part of evolution? due to psychological and environmental factors of first man. it's just a thought, but hopefully it'll provoke some theories in the minds of others.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
OK, ultimatly we are searching in to this to see what comes out of it. It's a theroy that has been around before the movie. There are plenty of movies on subjects discussed here and the ridicule doesn't go out to those discussions.

In John 6:54 it says "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

In John 6:70 it says: "Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!"

Maybe for his betrayal he was given this literally. He would be given life to walk untill Jesus returned.

Matthew 27
"3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself."

Thus, the hate of silver because ot the memory of what he did to Jesus for the 30 pieces. The wood from the cross and the stake seeem to be represenative.

Another thought is could Judas been of the bloodline of Cain and /or Lilith and Dracula come from the same bloodline? The Rival Bloodline to Seth, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, and Jesus? Could this hold some weight?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios
Please continue, I for one am interested in where you may be going with this.

Indeed I am also interested in this thread and would like to see where it developes. I'm not a believer of Vampires, but I'm not a believer of Jesus and his cronies either.

I am however interested in the mythology of this, and what produced these ideas. I think this is a very deserving thread, I think Jonna is a little sensitive at the moment or something, maybe you jumped the gun there pal.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I think Jonna is a little sensitive at the moment or something, maybe you jumped the gun there pal.

It is my time of the month. BEWARE!!!

No offence was intended on my behalf, it is just that the same threads seem to be rehashing themselves time and time again, but to each his own.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I think this is a very deserving thread, I think Jonna is a little sensitive at the moment or something, maybe you jumped the gun there pal.

Who jumped the gun?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I didn't know vampires disliked like silver. Here's a excerpt from a website, I hope it helps a bit, perhaps just for some background information.

""The blood is the life," says Bela Lugosi's Dracula (a phrase originally found in the Bible); later adding, "to die, to be really dead -- that must be glorious." And it is this ancient issue of life and death and blood that explains the antiquity of the vampire myth as well. For the first vampire was not Count Dracula. The first vampires had their origins in the centuries long before Christ, who in modern times is the ultimate adversary of the ostensibly Satanic vampire -- remember, the vampire shrinks before the sacred cross.

The vampire legend dates back to the earliest times of human civilization to the Assyrians, the Babylonians, and other peoples of the ancient Orient. The original vampire was not like the sophisticated, suave European aristocrat that we know of today. The vampire, at its origins, was a monster."

www.parascope.com...
www.angelfire.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join