It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must-See - Ron Paul SCHOOLS MSNBC 1/27/09

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I dont think Ron Paul has ever gave an answer on how to fix anything. He will tell you whats wrong with it why its bad and says let it go belly up. Well I would hate to see him in office cause he would sit bsck and watch every thing go to hell and belly up and say they were bad things all the way to the revolution when people take the government back from him. Hes good at pointing whats bad whats wrong with something but never has an answer except hold on to a gold bar and your ok. A gold bar is hard to eat when your suffering through a depression unemployed and the US is in chaos.

I don't know what is so hard to understand. He gives us the solution everytime, but no one wants to swallow the pill. The Govt. is too big.
Bring the troops home, don't worry about the rest of the world until we get our house in order again.
I could give a bunch of different analogys but I don't think it would help.
If no one understands that you don't borrow more money if you have too much debt, then we are all screwed anyways.

No child left behind. Ha! We should have had no Adult left behind just for basic economics in this country.

The more money the Govt. spend now, the longer this will last. It's already a proven plan. Just look at FDR.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by j2000]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa

But....that guy asked him a great question. Dr. Paul, what would you do right now, facing the realities of right now?......sorry, but Ron didn't have a clear answer, he just went back into what we ought not to do.

Check the above video

I think that you are wanting a complicated answer

But the answer isn't that complicated

The answer is, you have to let the derivative-based fake economy fall
that will create a recession
but if you do not allow the bubble to burst, you will just keep inflating it
and when it does burst it will be instead a depression

everyone seems to be wanting a complicated answer

politics isn't that complicated
all you gotta do is before making a decision ask yourself "is this for the good of the people or not"

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think they did that the housing bubble poped and they just let it go pop. But it turned into a atom bomb on the whole economy. Bush's idea of let them do what they want with no oversite and everything will take care of itself worked great or did it? Ron paul says a lot of the same thing but wants no federal government at all so he can get supporters by saying no taxes for anyone.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Mainstream media is horrendous...at best.
Yes, it's a one liner, but it's very true.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Watching this almost makes me feel like if Ron Paul would get elected it would take two years at the very least to fix things, and if at the end of his first term when things are looking good get elected again, for a successful second term that eliminates a lot of debt.

After his two terms of eliminating the national debt and actually making the dollar worth something we would more than likely get another knucklehead in office that just devalues it.

I am not saying he should not be president, I am just saying there needs to be more than "one miracle man" entered into the situation for things to actually take a turn.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I also loved the douche bag that said he would like to see the income tax removed but replaced with another tax, can't remember which tax he mentioned! Paul caught him out on that one too.

The host stating this wanted to replace the income tax with a consumption tax. Booooooo. GET RID OF PERSONAL INCOME AND CORPORATE TAXES! Let the system work the way it was meant to.

However, what Paul so aptly pointed out is that he wasn't worried about revenue (watch the host's eyes when he says this). The key to this is to REDUCE SPENDING. What Obama and ilk are doing is completely opposite of this. And, the money from the stimulus package is being taken from something where money is currently being spent productively.

And yes, state infrastructure should be handled by the states. Of course, they've been so used to being bailed out by the fed that they don't have the resources with which to do this.

Of course, I believe what one representative said today that the government will create an emergency that will requrie IMMEDIATE passage of a stimulus bill. Remember Joe Biden's "prophecy" that Obama would be tested during his first 6 months, if I remember right.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I dont think Ron Paul has ever gave an answer on how to fix anything. He will tell you whats wrong with it why its bad and says let it go belly up. Well I would hate to see him in office cause he would sit bsck and watch every thing go to hell and belly up and say they were bad things all the way to the revolution when people take the government back from him. Hes good at pointing whats bad whats wrong with something but never has an answer except hold on to a gold bar and your ok. A gold bar is hard to eat when your suffering through a depression unemployed and the US is in chaos.

ron paul has said time and time again

do nothing--that's the solution-----the market will correct itself

don't you see throwing money at it is extending,, or masking the problems---aka bad debt

don't you see housing prices have way overinflated

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, I was waiting for the interview but went to get the paper instead and missed it. The thing is they had a practice run where they asked a few questions to Tucker Carlson where he was defending a similar position as RP. They were quite honestly being impolite to him but the questions were brushed up a little for Paul and it turned out to be a good interview as well. It's a shame half of the crew is too messed up on prescriptions to remember this interview tomorrow, otherwise they might stop using the term "nobody" when referring to effective representatives of conservative ideals. Out there somewhere a young Ron Paul is being held down by the man.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I guess when all those people with money in the bank that just went belly up lose everything except the federally backed hundred thousand or so its bad business decesion on there part and deserved to lose it.

well,,, most people with that amount of cash are smart enuff to know that and have more than one account or add additional insurance

so if u got that amount of cash and not smart enuff to know how protect it or ask basic questions ---then yes

and besides most don't just lose their money as your implying---nice try

[edit on 27-1-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ok - I have always liked Ron Paul for his ideas and the way he speaks his mind. In this clip I agreed with most of what he had to say. But I have to agree with some of the above posts - there were questions that he didn't give clear answers to. As great as he is, he is still a politician, albeit a different, brighter one. He has many solid ideas but isn't perfect, just like our new President. If he were President, i'm sure he would do a great job at fixing a lot of the problems in Washington and the rest of this country. Especially financial ones. In other ways he would most likely fail to improve. Just like our current President. See where i'm going here? No one, not even Ron Paul, is a God-like solution to all of our problems.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think they did that the housing bubble poped and they just let it go pop. But it turned into a atom bomb on the whole economy. Bush's idea of let them do what they want with no oversite and everything will take care of itself worked great or did it? Ron paul says a lot of the same thing but wants no federal government at all so he can get supporters by saying no taxes for anyone.

there are tons of regulations

did they help??? did the fed or SEC catch any of it,,nope

did regulation help--hell, no and even when questioned b4 congress they had no answers
cox was dumbfounded

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What trash! hahah, what a bunch of trash. What an ignorant bunch we have over at MSNBC. I found it annoying how they would ask Paul questions only to interrupt him a 3rd of the way into his responses. Those news people are a prime example of the problem in America... too many brain washed morons.

DoublePlusGood post

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Let's see, instead of President in the long run of 4 years till, why not have him as Speaker of the House? Get rid of Pelosi and we'll have the chance to turn Washington inside out.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I dont think Ron Paul has ever gave an answer on how to fix anything.

JBA2848

He clearly did and was interupted several times by these naive juppies.

"The debt must be liquidated".

Live with it.

JK

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by n0b0DY
When I saw Obama walk on that platform at the election I knew deep inside that we've made a grave mistake.

I wish this man was President.

you were about a few years late. i knew this guy was bad news when i saw his speech in the 2004 DNC.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Good to see that at least one of them was willing to admit the RP was trying to move forward.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i laughed when Ron said Obama bin laden and then corrected himself.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a real inspiration. Every time I watch videos like this it cheers me up from the inside to know that good men still exist in (relative) positions of power.

I could not help but nod my head and telling myself how daring and smart this man is. Flagged.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSquared288
But....that guy asked him a great question. Dr. Paul, what would you do right now, facing the realities of right now?......sorry, but Ron didn't have a clear answer, he just went back into what we ought not to do. I sooooooooo wanted to hear his solution.

Ron was there to talk about the truth of what is going on, the economy, and politics, etc.... He may not have any more answers on how to "fix" it than you or I.

Income tax should never have been tagged "mandatory". There were never any laws that stated it was. It is just reinforced as if it were, and our society holds so much fear about money, that the vast majority will pay without a second thought. It is also the governments main money maker by the way of the public. It is also one of the top players in this ongoing game of corruption. The one main rule is... "those who follow the rules shall lose, but they must keep playing until they win".

As mentioned in an earlier post regarding double digit inflation. Many who already suffer at the state of inflation from the last economic bubble will suffer more at the next. Let's hope (though I don't have much... hope that is) that our economic history has finally taught it's lesson. I've always considered this combination of taxes and inflation nothing short of a psychologically criminal activity with the average Joe being the victims.

My one great hope, and yes, even at the expense of my own suffering, is that our economy collapses irretrievably.

And if anyone should think about it for a moment, the tags of republican and democratic, and the people that use them to further their own ideas... are racist, and still cannot get past the idea of "us and them".

That is another idea I hope dies along with the old economy. What ever happened to "this guy is a good man"?

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Hurican]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
See, this kind of stuff really pisses me off man. My wife watched this interview this morning on MSNBC and made it a point to show me on the computer when I got home this evening.

There's a lot of talk about how it's a complicated issue or it's not an easy solution or this or that, but the truth is that the solution itself is easy. Dealing with the solution is the hard part. I think Tucker Carlson said in a later interview that perhaps we Americans should stand in a bread line for a while if the situation calls for it.

We're so afraid to face a down economy that we're willing to prop it up with freshly printed or borrowed money that never ends up fixing the issue to begin with. So what do they do? Throw more money at it. And the reason for the complicated answers is because the money isn't supposed to fix the problem! That money gets funneled to friends and family just like all the other big spending projects out there. 350 Billion is missing from the first bail out package? Seriously? 350 Billion? That's SO MUCH MORE than McCains 18 Billion in earmarks, and the really sad thing is that it took a million ear marks to even pass the damned thing!

So as they reach deeper and deeper to justify the next bail out or monetary assistance plan, the justifications become more and more complicated. And we lowly peasants think that since we can't understand it, it MUST be correct. I mean, economics is HARD, right?

Well i keep my budget balanced just fine and i know a lot of people who do. Maybe they should run for office instead.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join