It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must-See - Ron Paul SCHOOLS MSNBC 1/27/09

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Some great talk by ron paul.
I realy like his clear message and determination.
And i'd love to see the future with a man like him in control of government for a while.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Amazing, simply amazing!

I'm glad they allowed truth to be spoken for 10minutes.

That's very surprising

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AT 6:54 SEC

RON PAUL: "WERE DOING EXACTLY WHAT OBAMA, UH, OSAMA BIN LADEN DID TO THIS COUNTRY" HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

[edit on 28-1-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Im sorry here guys,but i gotta chime in here.Usually im on the sidelines reading and searching the forums everyday,yet I cant usually come to any sort of reason for coming in on the conversation.

Yet here as I have watched this video I can't help but notice,how much tripe and pure utter BS,these people are spewing at Ron. Come on now these kind of discrediting tactics belong on a school playground not in the suppposed "Nation's Mainstream Media". and I quote "on a beach getting served drinks by robots" Now I'm not in NLP or anything but come on the whole way they are acting screams propeganda.Like Ron deserves a magicians hat and a clapping monkey or something(read quack).Anyways,one does have to factor in that he is actually ON msm so that right there alone says alot in my opinion.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by toraylin]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I like how they threw in at the end, "To Obama's Credit he is trying to move forward" WTF he is doing the exact same thing George Bush did, throw good money after bad. I get so incredibly irriated at MSNBC with thier freaking Obama love fest. Its about time they rent a room!!!!! As far as Ron Paul, he has said some looney things in the past but this man has a firm grasp of this topic. WE NEED TO STOP THIS WASTEFUL SPENDING. Let the markets collaspe and then let the solid companies rise to the top, let the value of the dollar increase by capitalism, not by a communisitic arrangement of funds. I never thought Id ever see this in my lifetime. Omg in fact in college we were taught the Stimulis packages in the thirties prolonged the depression. Was everyone else sick at home the day this was taught at school. Its like the world has gone mad. The people in power are destroying this country and I dont know what for? Do they have information that I dont know? Is Russia on the borders just waiting for out collaspe?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What strikes me is that ron paul seems to trow these people of their guards and all of a sudden it starts to look like they try to think a little for themselves.
They actualy start asking questions after a while.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think they did that the housing bubble poped and they just let it go pop. But it turned into a atom bomb on the whole economy. Bush's idea of let them do what they want with no oversite and everything will take care of itself worked great or did it? Ron paul says a lot of the same thing but wants no federal government at all so he can get supporters by saying no taxes for anyone.

Either you misunderstood his general point or I did. After hearing his stance on general maintenance of roads, bridges, etc, I think it is obvious that Ron Paul would support increased Federal government WHERE NEEDED, not on all the useless things we have today. His message is not to eliminate federal government, but reduce it from all of the pointless agencies and regulators they hold today. On top of that, decreased taxing would also result in a lesser government, washing out many other useless jobs.

I do not think we can have a rebound with our current economy. The difference between Ron Paul and any other person that was seeking to hold the oval office is that Ron Paul will actually eliminate the debt. We will be going in to even a worse situation here soon no matter who is president IMO. Ron Paul could at the very least rebound us from this recession/depression, where as other candidates are only pushing us farther in.

Some things need not be over thought.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"To Obama's credit he's trying to move forward" - off the edge of a very high precipice, as Paul explained, but the TV pundits have to play stupid when someone spells it out so clearly.

Originally posted by jaamaan
What strikes me is that ron paul seems to trow these people of their guards and all of a sudden it starts to look like they try to think a little for themselves.
They actualy start asking questions after a while.

Play acting. They have to pretend there's some genuine desire to get to the truth.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Awesome video. But to the OP, I didn't see any "schooling." All I saw was a good debate, one that we needed.

As much as I agree with Ron Paul, his ideas as open to challenge and scrutiny as anybody else's.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Watching this made me get out of my seat and jump up. I almost want to cry. This man is the true beacon of hope and truth for America!! God Bless Ron Paul!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
I love how at the end of it, they still made Obama out to be a hero even though agreed with Ron Paul that Obama's policies were wrong.

Tells me the puppet masters gave them orders... make Obama look like a savior.

Exactly, and it goes to show you that either the cable news cartel is either intentionally corrupt, or the anchors and script writers are just retarded which I doubt, because of the systematic NLP sprayed onto the mindless viewers, in between the blantant praise and worship of his highness, Jesus Obama himself.

God bless all of the college freshman morons who think that any change will take place without talking about trashing the privately owned Federal reserve bank cartel, and wiping GATT and NAFTA from the pages of time for they have not been lead to the light.

Call your local radio shows and school the knownothings, humankind depends on it.

Baaaaaaaaaaa,

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
duplicate

[edit on 28-1-2009 by tha stillz]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There are many good points on this thread. The sad truth of the matter is that the higher positions in government are held by individuals who were put in place by the leeches that got the US (and the rest of the "civilized" world) into this mess. Folks like Ron Paul or anyone else who is a true champion of liberty will never get into that kind of position. Regardless of the election results, Barack Obama is president because this is what the international bankers wanted. What truly needs to be done will never be done because the international bankers have the gold and "he who has the gold makes the rules." The actions that take place over the next few years will not be about fixing a problem. It will not even be about lining the pockets of these greedy jerks. It is all about the carrying out of an agenda of total power and control. These yo-yos have all the money they could possibly need. They are still greedy for total control. It has been the wet dream of every historical major power to control all of the known world and today, the world just is not small enough. We must all wake up and smell the soup kitchens... if we are lucky enough to eat in one.

Click here for a brilliant yet startling perspective

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
How is Obama moving forward? The 'Stimulus Package'? Has anyone looked at the breakdown? Hell better than 100billion of the package goes to welfare programs!

20bn to medicare, 9bn to food stamps, I am recalling these numbers from what I remember on CSPAN this AM.

So, I ask how does pumping money into the already broken welfare system help the economy? How I ask?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How exactly did he school them. what if we stopped collecting income tax. who then would pay for medicaid/medicare, or how about the social security monthly checks, or the upkeep on roads, or the disability checks millions depend on, and many more expenses that the government pays for.

I see no plan put forth by Paul on how he would pay for those costs. he said I would get out of Iraq, yes that's the right move, and of course we could benefit from less government, but i see no way that his proposal to cut income and business tax would actually benefit our nation without instituting a flat tax to pay for the services.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
How exactly did he school them. what if we stopped collecting income tax. who then would pay for medicaid/medicare, or how about the social security monthly checks, or the upkeep on roads, or the disability checks millions depend on, and many more expenses that the government pays for.

Do you know the history of tax?

All these taxes do nothing but fund wars and foreign occupation.
In 1817, Congress did away with all internal taxes, relying on tariffs on imported goods to provide sufficient funds for running the government.

Go here
www.infoplease.com...

And all your questions will be answered
If you didn't need it before, why should you need it now?

War, military bases overseas, buying out puppet govts., that's why

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Heres a thought let Ron Paul do away with federal taxes and let him put all the taxes on weapons. The government can tax it self out of existence. But I guess he would be kicked out of the Republican party he likes so much for even thinking such a thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

The Income Tax does not pay for medicare, or medicaid, or Social Security, Or roads, or anything else you mentioned. Nor does it pay for Schools, or Police, or Firemen, or any other social Program

Look at your pay stub, you'll find that Medicare and Medicaid have their own separate tax, so does Social Security. As for Highways, bridges, and roads? Well, find out what the Gasoline tax is for.

People really need to be educated on the Tax system, more importantly people need to be educated on the Income tax, I can't tell you how many people believe absolute falsities such as the idea that the income tax pays for roads, police, schools, social programs etc. It doesn't pay for anything but Interest.

And yes, you can read official documents that acknowledge this. Such as the Grace Commission. It is not a conspiracy, nor is it a delusion, it's not something I just made up for the hell of it. It is the Tax Code, which is something fat, stupid, lazy, illiterate Americans don't know anything about. They probably consider an Income Tax return as a gift too.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by aravoth]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, now I am more pissed than ever at MSNBC....which is a very good thing, of course.

The fact that at the end of this clip the woman had the audacity to say that RP was only looking backward instead of forward, when he clearly spelled out on more than one occasion during the segment EXACTLY what he would do going forward:

eliminate income/corporate taxes
cut wasteful spending in order to offset
stop the government from spending good money on bad assets

It's pretty simple AND it's a proven recipe for success. But alas, we must learn once again that history is doomed to repeat itself if we do not learn from our mistakes.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 1930's and the 1970's once again, 15% unemployment, massive government dependency, gradual loss of freedoms and liberties, here we come. But it's allright...it's CHANGE!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Great video OP. Thanks for posting it.

Most of all of what he says makes absolute sense but he's ignored. Just about every other Congressman out there says that we need to spend.

Instead we get another 825 billion dollar Pork Bill that's a complete sham, this coming after the 700 billion that was a complete sham.

Am I angry? Beyond it.

Now i hear today that the actual "infrastructure plan" may cost 2-3 TRILLION DOLLARS.

Are you you kidding me? Have they lost their minds?

Add all this together and you are getting close to 5 trillion dollars added on top the MEGA-TRILLIONS we are already in debt.

People should be angry...angry at democrats AND republicans.

If it looks like CRAP and smells like CRAP...it's mostly likely CRAP!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join