It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Seeks To Authorize & Legalize FEMA Camp Facilities

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What if some of these facilities that were made by KBR were just a money-making excuse for them? That would make sense, right, with the Bush administration? Build a bunch of facilities to detain imaginary runaway illegal aliens? And make a killing out of it... Was it someone on here or info I got from somewhere else that during the bailout a huge amount of money was spent on defense?

Just a thought. That might fit in well with Obama closing down Gitmo (which KBR built, I'm sure is common knowledge here by now).

Or, alternatively, you could say they built all this stuff for the above or other reasons, and the government is now legitimizing reasons to use it....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Those who would relinquish liberty to gain security, deserve neither and will soon lose both.

When you heed your own signature, then I will take you seriously and maybe answer some of your rhetorical questions.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
4. Amendment 4 Illegal wire tapping and sneak and peak searches. Traffic road blocks, and patdowns

Don't forget what the War on (some people who use some) Drugs gave us:

Property seizure with no due process. On accusation alone, property is seized, with 80% of people who lose property this way never even charged with a crime!

So...

I actually did not know that.

Are you saying, that people have their property confiscated and not returned - yet never get charged with a crime?

Wouldn't people get property back, if they are found innocent of any wrong doing?

Seems not. Here are some links:

www.drugpolicy.org...

perspicuity.net...

drug-war.us...

www.drugwar.com...

www.thefreemanonline.org...

www.fear.org...

And this is just a small number of sites that address this very real issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum
reply to post by jfj123

I'm what is known as a "PEAK EVERYTHING" person and not a conspiracy person at all. Peak Everything essentially means that the population's demands have exceeded the available supply.

I've never said at any point that I believe there are infinite resources on the earth. That's why we're looking at going to the moon, mars and beyond. That's why we're conserving resources.

You tend to think of the world as an open system that allows for perpetual growth

I never stated this at all.
Everything is finite including the universe itself.

History tends to be cyclical since humans have not evolved all that much during recorded history and we essentially have the same needs now as prehistoric man did. Food, shelter, fire and sex are the needs that make and break our existence and these basic needs remain unchanged once you strip away your synthetic trappings and FIAT money.

And this has been going on before recorded history. Before the all scarey NWO.

Denial is GLOBAL and deludes people so that they believe that societal growth depends merely on "will power" instead of massive amounts of fossil fuel and mines for ore.

I don't know anyone that believes that growth is nothing more then willpower. I'm not sure where you live but where I live, people are not that simple.

Saudi Arabia's oil is in terminal decline along with Mexico's Cantrell field and the North Sea fields of Great Britain. Without energy that has a sustainable POSITIVE EROEI global growth is IMPOSSIBLE. The party is over!

Or we move to another type of energy as our primary energy source.
luckily the United States currently is sitting on massive amounts of oils which can be extracted through new drilling techniques and new shale extraction techniques.

Naturally the government will implement various camps, programs and the like that have already been implemented during past recessions and depressions. The bigger problem during this crunch down as compared to the Great Depression is that there is no unaffected area of the globe to turn to for those resources. This is why we have been militarizing and why you see "cage fighting" and police shooting people in the back.

Really? You are actually saying that cage fighting is a result of the recession we're in? REALLY?

What good would it be for the government to announce to the population that they should read books like Rex Applegate's "Kill or get Killed?" A man just killed his entire family and then suicided himself after he and his wife lost their jobs in LA. They are not the only ones and suicide is on the rise and more proof positive of a DEPRESSION. Boeing just announced that it is letting go of 5,000.

Don't you know that this is cyclical? The economy goes up and down from time to time. We're in a downtime now which completely sucks but we've been in worse.

Has this happened every time the US has been in an economic downturn? There have been others which have been similar to this one.

The reality is that right now, it sucks in the US and other countries and it will suck for awhile but there is no indication that, just like every other time it sucked, it won't get better. You act like this is the only time this has happened so the sky is falling.

There are many other types of energy we can tap so in the long run, oil isn't that big a deal.
Solar
Wind
Wave
hydrogen
Fusion
Anti-matter
etc..

I agree we should all be sensitive to what is going on and that we should always be watchful of what our governments are doing but let's not act like this is Custer's last stand ok?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Man on Fire

Originally posted by mikellmikell
How about some new pictures of the FEMA camps not ones 20-30 years old on the net. Don't bother coming to Michigan to look for one they have all been de bunked !! Well Camp Grayling has a fenced in area but a couple of hundred people would make it overfilled. Any pictures out there?? NO

Most of the FEMA camps are under ground. And are capable of housing more than enough people.
Unless you have an x-ray camera or a death wish, getting pictures of those camps is next to impossible.

Then how do you know they exist?

You haven't seen them and you claim those who have, are dead so how do you know they exist at all?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkNight
reply to post by jfj123

Those who would relinquish liberty to gain security, deserve neither and will soon lose both.

When you heed your own signature, then I will take you seriously and maybe answer some of your rhetorical questions.

Just because I'm not an extreme paranoid afraid of everything because anything could be an evil plot by some mysterious, unfathomable force, doesn't mean I have my head buried in the sand.

I believe there are enough REAL things going on so there's no need to make things up. People claiming the NWO has been around for eons yet the New World Order phrase only seemed to pop up during Bush Sr.'s administration.

People claim the NWO exists and have been researching it for years yet they have no evidence as to who they are and what their agenda(s) is/are.

I've read the bill we're talking about and it's pretty straight forward as to what it is and is not. If you believe that this bill will result in concentration camps when there are no indications of this in this bill, you must also believe every bill ever written also has the same potential. The implications of this are mind boggling. Since every bill ever written in every country in the world has this same potential, why spend so much time arguing about this one little bill? You have millions of other bills to argue about. Better get started

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by ConMi27

Sorry, but this thread is not a thread to come in and make racist remarks, which is how I have preceived what you wrote...

questioningall, I usually am in agreement with your posts and greatly appreciate the links and info that you bring (I've even starred ya, Honey!), but in this case you should research all the weirdness behind all the candidates, how the whole presidential race was orchestrated, and how this man's blackness (not too little, not too much, just enough) and charisma have to be tools that TPTB are using to manipulate the reality that is unfolding. Think about it, most of the people on this planet are "third world" and as TSHTF they are the ones that have to be subdued. And ConMi27, in giving his take on it, is merely doing good analysis with no malice behind it.

I've listened to the man speak, it creates an incredible disconnect inside me, a nausea, because I know what he is really about. After saying all that, I still think the fact he was put in place has had a healing effect on black boys, black men, black people, other people. Even though TPTB have nefarious intentions, the market research that got him picked might backfire at least a little bit. It's like no matter how awful he is (think of the last holder of the title), the office legitimizes. There's the possibility that peeps will ace the courses, function better, do the right thing, and when they wake up and see the clay feet, they'll realize, "Hey, if I could do it before I found out he was an a-aitch, I can still do it!"

So let me hook this into FEMA camps. He'll be giving the okay.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Spell2Speak]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

I belive Steven Harper already signed with US for Marshall law

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

I've read the bill we're talking about and it's pretty straight forward as to what it is and is not. If you believe that this bill will result in concentration camps when there are no indications of this in this bill, you must also believe every bill ever written also has the same potential. The implications of this are mind boggling. Since every bill ever written in every country in the world has this same potential, why spend so much time arguing about this one little bill? You have millions of other bills to argue about. Better get started

Ok,

I'm no nut....

Let me start that again, There is no proof that I'm a nut but I do believe in the slippery slope. Many bills that are proposed and/or passed have real long term implications. Again, camps, DHS, Northcom... this all spells problem for me, not trusting the gvt already.With Posse Comitatus still being the law of the land, why are we constructing facilities, designed to keep people in, on US soil, on govt property being managed by the military?

We need to question everything our governemt does.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

With Posse Comitatus still being the law of the land...

No it's not.

www.homelandsecurity.org...

www.google.com...

therealjer.com...

It looks like America will get the change Obama promised.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My point exactly. Our government will do as they please behind our backs. By the time we know what's going on, it's too late.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wonder if Ron Paul will make a statement about this bill and if he will come out against it in public, loud and strong?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by exfed

Originally posted by jfj123

Ok,

I'm no nut....

Let me start that again, There is no proof that I'm a nut but I do believe in the slippery slope.

The slippery slope hypothesis is reasonable.

We need to question everything our governemt does.

Very true. I can get behind this type of thinking.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Bottom line is we won't really know what these facilities are actually for until we see them in use - or somebody on the inside talks about it.

With that in mind, it is obvious they are intended as general purpose resources for the concentration of individuals.

A number of scenarios could bring them into play.

For instance, as has been stated already in this thread, if things fall off a cliff down in Mexico, then we could potentially be looking at an influx of a great number of illegal refugee type individuals. The camps are an ideal location for keeping track of such persons.

The same holds true if there is a breakdown of order in the US due to a sudden and drastic worsening of the economic situation which results in food and fuel shortages, etc. A great number of people on the short end of the stick may act out and need to be removed from circulation. The camps would be an ideal place to locate such individuals. A natural disaster leaving many thousands or perhaps even millions homeless would also fall into the same catagory.

And, finally, if a fast moving, extremely contagious epidemic breaks out on American soil, as many have been predicting might be likely, again the camps are an ideal resource for the quaranteen of those infected. The incineration capability reportedly present at many of these camps would then obviously come into play as a virulent disease results in the death of great numbers present at the facilities.

These are all terrible scenarios, but it doesn't seem reasonable to criticise the various agencies involved for preparing in a material way for an eventuality of this nature.

Those that feel the camps will be used to concentrate individuals for no other reason than they have had a certain color decal affixed to their mailbox or residence, IMHO, are really jumping the gun into absurdity. Although, admittedly such a possibility does exist, it seems reasonable that such a scenario has quite a low liklihood in comparison to the other scenarios mentioned.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What do you all think George Orwell, Thomas Jefferson, or even Adolf Hitler would have to say to us about these labor camps being built on our soil?

When our Constitution was first passed, there was almost a civil war right off the bat when a tax on moonshine was passed, and George Washington had to actually divert a skirmish involving angry farmers. Look how broken we are now: they can even build detention camps on our soil, even in our post-WW2 era, and the most you get is bickering on a internet forum.

Is anyone here from Germany?

[edit on 30-1-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Thank you for your wisdom. What we must look at, however, is all the executive orders leading up to this bill that would indicate a real concern for another holocaust. I don't think many here trust their government after it has been proven to lie on an ongoing base. I would think that if there wasn't so much evidence supporting an alternative 9/11 theory, which implicates the US government was involved or knowingly stood down, people would feel less apprehensive. I too think most posters here are rightfully concerned with the vagueness of Sect. 2 line #4.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

More common sense. Thank you!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
FEMA calls Founding Fathers: "THE 1st TERRORIST ORGANIZATION IN THE USA"

FEMA calls Founding Fathers: "THE 1st TERRORIST ORGANIZATION IN THE USA"

FEMA
Federal Emergency Management Agency) Traitors to The Constitution!

Watch and be stunned as a FEMA agent and recruits call our founding fathers the first "terrorist" organization in The United States, DOES THIS MAKE YOU MAD?

Video featured in "9/11 The Road to Tyranny" that was taken at an Oklahoma meeting where a FEMA representative tells the local police that the founding fathers were terrorists.

I thought some members here might like to know this, and watch this video. This is what FEMA thinks about our founding fathers..

And those who think FEMA are thinking about your rights, and are out to help us.. Well take it for what it is.. Think about it folks.
Who are these guys really?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
the fema camps that are already established,are on state ground. this bill gives them the right to use federal ground.
with a few hundred soldiers you could probably move one pretty quick
so its move 'em where you need 'em!
if ya don't believe they exist,look at the underground ones on google earth. just put in --fema camps,illinois it'll take you right to them

HAPPY CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

if one would read the fema coffin thread in its entirety it has never been debunked and never will.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join