It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Seeks To Authorize & Legalize FEMA Camp Facilities

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wintermarches

You have it wrong. The nice fellow insists that the police and military will not march our own people into camps and that if they did they lack the necessary numbers.

I pointed out that as the depression grows people will be homeless and starving and will march into camps on their own for the promise of food and shelter. It already happened and history repeats itself. If necessary any NATO troops could be used since it is not likely that American troops will openly fire on riots that could include friends, family and starving country men.

Mexican troops train in the USA as well as US troops train in Mexico. Mexico sent regular army in to "HELP" during Katrina along with paid MERCS.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum
reply to post by jfj123

I don't see why you are having trouble with this.

Because frankly I think it's full of crap. The bill says exactly what it is and IF the government was trying to set up secret camps, why advertise it in a public bill. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

The USA is already divided and a divided house will fall.

In what way is it divided?

I mean honestly this post I'm replying to is extremely optimistic on your part. Americans are not going to resist except for the few and they will be "extincted" and the minister of propaganda will simply say, "The TERRORIST fired on police and they had no choice but to PROTECT themselves and the PUBLIC.

You don't have a very high opinion of your fellow Americans. I however do !

Go on and follow the Yellow Brick Road if you like but the people are sheep even you.

I'm a sheep because I won't believe in a nutty conspiracy? Actually that means I think for myself and am not willing to jump on the fear mongering band wagon.

If they did come for your neighbor in the night you would pull the covers over your head and slip deeper in denial.

And how do you know this? When have we met?
If someone came for my neighbor and my neighbor had done nothing wrong, your DAMN RIGHT I would have their backs and they would have mine. I'm a good person and so are they.

Many people have learned from history and have faith in their fellow Americans sense of right and wrong.

Are you familiar with this poem?

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

Martin Niemöller

And for those who suffered at the hands of the nazis, there is a very simple phrase:
"NEVER AGAIN"

My grand parents escaped nazi germany. They were Roma, hungarian/polish and they only escaped because their friends were willing to risk their lives to protect them. I would NEVER dishonor that memory by hiding under my covers. Frankly your statement makes me SICK!! My suggestion to you is to think twice next time before you decide to shoot your mouth off about something you know nothing about.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Anyone in Florida's 23rd district want to contact Mr. Hastings and ask him about this legislation?

Contact Congressman Hastings

delius

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

It is simple.
1) The USA is in a DEPRESSION.
2) Spending 100's of BILLIONS will only make it worse.
3) The homeless and disenfranchised will wind up in camps like it or not.
4) Depressions don't simply go away over night.
5) If needed military will be used to keep the peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

It is simple.

Recession. Big difference. No legit analyst will tell you we're in a depression.

Your opinion

Your GUESS based on nothing but your opinion.

Since the US isn't in a depression, I guess your whole argument is wrong.

Not possible based on US population size if the population doesn't wish it. Simple numbers game. The Entire US military would be outnumbers 300 to 1. Nobody with military experience will tell you these numbers are workable.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

i agree keep i alive i just wonder what harper is doing up north in canada does anyone know?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

You seem to be posting as if I had started a conspiracy thread. Please look the thread is about a bill IN Congress! This bill incorporates what has already been discussed many times, with documents to back up the fact we have known there were FEMA camps, which don't seem too "homey" to anyone I have talked to.

So, you are accusing of "fear mongering" - but that is not what is happening, it is FACT this bill has been submitted - so yes, there is much concern, as you will see in a few pages back, I even posted a letter from a Congress person about it being for "detaining" civilians.

Regarding the Depression/Recession issue...... think about one thing. Do you really TRUST all those analysis that are on MSM? If you do, why did they deny all last year we were in a Recession? They kept saying on T.V. and print... No problems, hey we even heard Bush say in Aug. 08 "The Fundimentals of the economy are strong".

THEN. it was admitted in Dec. 08 - WE HAD BEEN IN A RECESSION FOR ONE YEAR!

Come on..... I TRUST the internet information - Way MORE than I trust MSM!

So One more thing.....LOOK around..... hate to tell you......but.......
Yep, Depression - on the fringe and going deep into it.

Deny it if you want, but if you do that for too long, it may be too late.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by questioningall]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
think of 2012 guys. Connect it. thats all i feel comfortable saying

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Actually, even though we are technically in a recession, isn't it true that there isn't a clear-cut definition of what a depression is?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You have it wrong. The nice fellow insists that the police and military will not march our own people into camps and that if they did they lack the necessary numbers.

I pointed out that as the depression grows people will be homeless and starving and will march into camps on their own for the promise of food and shelter. It already happened and history repeats itself. If necessary any NATO troops could be used since it is not likely that American troops will openly fire on riots that could include friends, family and starving country men.

Mexican troops train in the USA as well as US troops train in Mexico. Mexico sent regular army in to "HELP" during Katrina along with paid MERCS.

I agree. The clever method is to make us beg for "help". Or if you don't want the paranoid view, you could conclude that some of us will inevitably beg for help because there simply won't be enough food. Somewhere in my research, I found a couple quotes to help me think that.

And I think you're right about the NATO thing. Maybe someone here has proof they are here? Or it could all just be conjecture at this point.

Do the people who don't think our troops would harm or round up Americans know what happened at the RNC in September? Innocent people were rounded up, charges were invented, brutality abounded (tasing, macing, tear gassing, assaulting a young woman with a bicycle), one young man was been beaten and tortured in jail (for no good reason, as if torture is ever justified, imo) after about a dozen officers entered his cell, etc. It was like a trial run at martial law. That opened my eyes up. From what we know, all the riot cops on the streets were American, but I'm not 100% sure (I have no proof that they weren't).

And an Army Times article said Northcom might be deployed for civil unrest or crowd control. Later on, an Army Colonel denied the possibility of such a use in an interview with Amy Goodman. The NorthCom site says currently (don't know if that's different from before) that it's not for such purposes. The ACLU has filed a FOIA request, partly to find out what the purpose is for the units. I saw a video clip somewhere of a soldier grimly nodding his head and agreeing that he may be asked to take action against fellow Americans. I have links for most or all of this, but I can't imagine most of that hasn't been thoroughly discussed on ATS already.

And I don't want to engage with people who are in huge denial over an economic depression, and whether it's here or coming soon (or not, and "not" doesn't seem likely to me at *all*). There is too much evidence. However, when my local evening news is running segments like "Lessons We Can Learn from the Great Depression" and such, then I know even the MSM is starting to hint that this might be a reality. I also found an article discussing very real reasons why there may be a famine in this country this year, due to farming problems (so it's not just whether we have money, but there may not be enough food to start with). Many events are culminating in a depression coming (or starting). From a couple sites I frequent, it seems like summer will be particularly bad. George Ure from Urban Survival says that and also says that after an initial dip in the Dow to come soon, there will probably be a rally (maybe from some of that bailout money materializing) before the dip gets even worse. If he's wrong, or if I'm wrong, great. If only we were wrong about that.

My personal opinion is that some soldiers would go along with orders to act against Americans, but not all of them would. Likewise, I think some Americans will behave nicely towards their neighbors and fellow citizens, but not all of them will.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by wintermarches]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by jfj123

Regarding the Depression/Recession issue...... think about one thing. Do you really TRUST all those analysis that are on MSM?

So now ALL the economic analysts are in on the conspiracy too?
Come on !

If you do, why did they deny all last year we were in a Recession?

Actually the analysts didn't deny we were in a recession, the Bush administration did.

They kept saying on T.V. and print... No problems,

I didn't hear that from any of the news agencies. Don't know which ones you heard that from.

hey we even heard Bush say in Aug. 08 "The Fundimentals of the economy are strong".

1. Bush is not an economic analyst.
2. Bush is an idiot.

THEN. it was admitted in Dec. 08 - WE HAD BEEN IN A RECESSION FOR ONE YEAR!

The Bush administration admitted it. The analysts had been saying it all along.

Come on..... I TRUST the internet information - Way MORE than I trust MSM!

Well in this case the internet info corroborates what the MSM was saying.

So One more thing.....LOOK around..... hate to tell you......but.......
Yep, Depression - on the fringe and going deep into it.

RECESSION.

Deny it if you want, but if you do that for too long, it may be too late.

I'm not going to call it something it's not. If it were a depression, I'd call it a depression. You're fear mongering again.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
(double oops - triple post - sorry!)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
(oops double post)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It is simple.

I'm not sure on the definition of this myself. So I'd need to look into it. Still, that's a scary word, and the media aren't going to say it even if it is true.

I'm not sure I agree. If no one knew what was happening, and the money was injected into the right places, there is a chance that they could have staved off this crisis.
But... they could also have staved off this crisis if they'd actually placed controls on the banks when they issued the first lot of money. Instead, the banks kept hold of it, or invested it in more stable markets to gain them a profit. The governments forgot that a business is a machine determined to survive at all cost.

There should have been regulation in place to ensure they passed that money on to the consumer in the form of loans.

Even then, to prevent the situation from happening again, they'd have to convince the population that living on credit is no longer viable, and that once this shorter period was over people would have to actually have money up front or at least be able to prove their ability to pay it back.

I think more the criminals and "outspoken" people than those who are simply destitute will end up in these places, if they are used for it.
But people seem to forget that the systems barely cope with the current numbers of unemployed and homeless.
The prisons are already full, so where will all the rowdy protesters go?
When people start rioting because they have nothing left to loose and have to feed their families, where are they all going to go?

If that is what it is. Even if it isn't, this problem is here for at least another year or two. The damage will last a lot longer though.

Yep, they will.
People keep saying that the numbers don't add up. Did they when they went into Iraq?
Did the German military match the populations of the cities they invaded? Did 1.5 million Israeli soldiers go into Gaza?
No!
Superior training, superior firepower, superior technology, the government on your side, intelligence, superior armor, familiar battleground... all of these things add up to show that you wouldn't need a force of millions of soldiers to quell and control a population so large. The majority wouldn't fight.

There are easily enough American soldiers willing and able to fight in America to quash any small "resistance" movement there might be.

Any one who thinks otherwise is either looking at this with fantasies about millions of Americans defending their rights (which they haven't done in the last 8 years!) or is in complete denial about the reality of this situation should it happen.

The VAST majority of soldiers would fight on American soil, because their enemies are deemed to be "terrorists", American or not. Likewise, the VAST majority of Americans will not fight it, they'll hand over their guns in return for not being shot, detained in a camp or even shouted at by a US soldier.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

You have DENIAL. We are in a depression and the actual statistics are all downplayed. Honestly you didn't realize that something was wrong when Bush authorized all Americans to get a check for $500.00 or more since Alan Greenspan reported their was a SURPLUS?

When your span at unemployment is all used up you are added back to the rolls of the EMPLOYED. Basically, 2 automakers were handed billions and now we Americans are stuck with 2 worthless LEMONS. Now $819 BILLION will not go to the people like a trickle up economy. Instead companies like AIG will get all of that.

The post office is going to cut deliveries most likely on TUESDAYS

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Until they put up double fences with a center fence electrified with enough volts to kill all topped with razor wire, and guard towers around these camps you have nothing to worry about.

You can get the people there however you choose, but without the above you can't make them stay.

Having these facilities could be a smart move, if a major metropolitan area like say, Los Angeles has the 'big one' earthquake, you could have to relocate MILLIONS of people, a major natural disaster. It could happen anywhere, New Orleans was a lesson, and compared to other major cities around the country, NO was small.

Call me when they put up the electric fences, razor wire and guard towers will ya?

Until then, I'm not worried.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

"If you build it, they will come!" And no there is nothing to fear or worry about. The government loves us all and needs you to relax. Always obey the law and never question the police or military. They love you and care about you all the more. The government makes laws all of the time and they know what is best for us all.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

The letter that Hefner wrote has to do with a program for using Army facilities for the incarceration and labour of convicts. It’s not for imprisoning everybody in labour camps under martial law.

Here are the actual guidelines for the Civilian Inmate Labor Program
www.apd.army.mil...
An excerpt:

With a few exceptions, the Army’s Civilian Inmate Labor Program is currently limited to using inmates from facilities under the control of the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP). Section 4125(a), Title 18, United States Code allows the Attorney General to make available to other Federal agencies the services of Federal inmates and defines the types of services inmates can perform. The FBOP provides civilian inmate labor free of charge to the Army.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by buttafuqua

What did you say? Baaah Baaaah

Wow! What a great reply!

I get what you're saying, you're implying that those who don't think this is anything bad are sheep.

Let me ask a question to the believers, the ones who say that everyone is going to be rounded up into these so called FEMA camps.

Why are you sitting round pissing and moaning about it?
If you truly believe that all your rights are about to be taken away, why don't you get off your lazy arses and do something about it? HUH?

Stop saying "Ohhh it's going to happen, we're being groomed for it as we speak"

GET OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
The letter that Hefner wrote has to do with a program for using Army facilities for the incarceration and labour of convicts. It’s not for imprisoning everybody in labour camps under martial law.

Here are the actual guidelines for the Civilian Inmate Labor Program [...]

Thanks for clearing that one up. It was vaguely bugging me for months, but it didn't occur to me to google a term from an internal-looking document.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join