It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasteless jokes are now a crime?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Completely out of context. I never made fun of him once for being Jewish.

I want you to link the exact context in which I called him a "retarded Jewish doctor". You can't. I can not take anything you say any longer on this forum seriously. If anything I attacked myself for having German blood and feeling guilty for what my ancestors did to the Jews. Do you even know what my people have been through before you start insinuating me a racist? Do you know the amounts of fights I got in in school for protecting those being racially attacked? You are heading for ignore town. I am officially PISSED.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Even on ATS such jokes are prohibited. How dare anyone make fun of anothers nationality, race or physical condition, even if it is strictly for a bit of entertainment. Everyone needs to lighten up in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Are you referring to me? Because I never said anything racist. Do you even know what Sonya and I are discussing or did you simply chime in without understanding the situation?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NativeAmerican
If anything I attacked myself for having German blood and feeling guilty for what my ancestors did to the Jews.

An ATS post entitled "My doctor may in fact be trying to kill me..." and then mentioning that he is Jewish, and he may not like you because you look German, oh and he maybe retarded, I suppose that is totally different right? Wrong.

Sounds like a possible "bias crime" to me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

So you are now comparing me to posting a celebration on facebook of the death of a civil rights leader? Again I never called him retarded. I called him mentally challenged in jest which anyone knows is not the case since he is a doctor. I said he may hate me because I am German because quite frankly I might have hate towards Germans if I was Jewish. If anything I said it because I feel bad for what my people did. My people did horrible things to them. I even went out of my way to create an extra post in my Rahm Emmanuel topic to explain that I am in no way discussing him because he is Jewish. Why would I do that if I was racist? If anything it shows that I am quite sensitive concerning the matter. Again you are misconstruing words and refuse to quote. Instead you summarize to fit your own argument.

Let it be known now that I DEEPLY apologize if anyone took offense. I am in no ways a racist. You don't know me and I hate it when people think that without knowing me. You've made me depressed congratulations.

I am removing you as a foe. I was just extremely upset since racism is a pet peeve as you can understand given my culture and upbringing. Again, I apologize if it appeared this way and I apologize to you specifically since you seem to have taken great offense to this.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick
reply to post by blupblup

I don't think you understand: Even if YOU see someone's opinion as bigoted or antagonistic in nature, it's not right for your opinion to be legislated and forced on everyone else. Free speech includes ALL speech, even if it's the most unpopular opinion.

I think it may be you who "doesn't get it"
Racism exists, as does sexism and many other isms...
They are BAd...it's not my opinion...It's a fact

That is why over here, we introduced a law to deal with it.

And people eating Mc.donalds and getting fat is their own fault, deal with it i say.

being attacked for your skin olour, sex or otherwise is the perps fault... nobody elses.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Humans are animals. Survival. Those humans that cannot recognize basic threats to their own survival on sight are destined to be weeded out. Those humans that think statistics are meaningless, logic and common sense is meaningless, yet what the government says is gospel....well....

Sad but true. Deny instinct, suffer the consequences. We are all the same....despite what your eyes and the reports tell you...we are all the same. Embrace ignorance.

The bear, the lion, the rabid dog, don't judge. Its all good. : )

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Humans are animals. Survival. Those humans that cannot recognize basic threats to their own survival on sight are destined to be weeded out. Those humans that think statistics ar meaningless, yet what the government says is gospel....well.
Sad but true. Deny instinct, suffer the consequences.

We are ALL humans...survival against what?
what are you on about?

Originally posted by Sonya610
The bear, the lion, the rabid dog, don't judge. Its all good. : )

Now you are just yanking my chain right??

It's like 2am here... i gotta go to bed ...

[edit on 27/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblupWe are ALL humans...survival against what?
what are you on about?

Yes, all human. All exactly the same (diversity is a myth!). All exactly the same.

Cool-aid?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
What scares me the most, is the use of fines, lawyers, taxes to MAKE people do what the government (or whomever) wants.

Smoking - Dirty habit (I am one) - Overtax it so you can't
Free speech - Threaten lawsuits or job - Can't afford it
Etc.

That power to say "sure you have free speech", but "you better be able to withstand the financial and legal battle which may in sue"...means there isn't free speech. How can anyone have rights to anything when the government, state or other people with larger financial assets can sue you for your exercising of these so called rights???? Sure...you may win the lawsuit...but it could easily cost you thousands (at least).

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Yes, all human. All exactly the same (diversity is a myth!). All exactly the same.
Cool-aid?

Again...just speak English?
We ARE all human...the sooner people realize that, the better.
You can pick pointless differences like skin colour, language et al. but we are all HUMAN. One race...the human race... We all feel pain, we all have fears, thoughts and feelings...

We all bleed...

We all go to the toilet...

There is 1000x more things we have in common than there are differences...

Such a shame that bigots and racists don't get this fundamental point

[edit on 28/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I think it may be you who "doesn't get it"
Racism exists, as does sexism and many other isms...
They are BAd...it's not my opinion...It's a fact

That is why over here, we introduced a law to deal with it.

And people eating Mc.donalds and getting fat is their own fault, deal with it i say.

being attacked for your skin olour, sex or otherwise is the perps fault... nobody elses.

I never said that those things didn't exist. What I said was, despite the fact that they do, it's not right to take away someone's freedom to express their opinion. Even if that opinion IS one of racism. As to it being a "fact" that the isms you've mentioned are "bad". That's not a fact, that your opinion. Other people don't share that opinion. Get over it.

There shouldn't be a law that deals with anyone's personal opinion. It's sad that you even think that there's a "perp" in this situation. A comment is not an attack.

If I were to beat you up, that would be an attack.

If I were to say that you are a close minded fool who's obviously been brainwashed into thinking that freedom restricting rules are better than freedom itself...well that's just my opinion now isn't it?

Mod Note: Courtesy & Decorum Are Expected

[edit on 29-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I never said that those things didn't exist. What I said was, despite the fact that they do, it's not right to take away someone's freedom to express their opinion. Even if that opinion IS one of racism. As to it being a "fact" that the isms you've mentioned are "bad". That's not a fact, that your opinion. Other people don't share that opinion. Get over it.

No it IS a fact.
YOU may not agree, and that is your choice...but it IS a fact.

There shouldn't be a law that deals with anyone's personal opinion. It's sad that you even think that there's a "perp" in this situation. A comment is not an attack.

There should and there is...good eh?
Attack...can be verbal, sexual or physical.

Oh yeah that's right.....words "don't hurt"

If I were to say that you are a close minded fool who's obviously been brainwashed into thinking that freedom restricting rules are better than freedom itself...well that's just my opinion now isn't it?

It is, and i won't resort to your pathetic attempt at an insult.
As i have said ENDLESS times...freedom does not equate to bullying and harassment.

By your ridiculous logic, assault, rape and all manner of things should be ok, i mean...people should be free to do as they please right?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
That's a tragedy. To be persecuted for that?! When will people wake up and realize that our Freedom is becoming completely non existent when things like this occur it's a perfect example and these types of things are happening all the time and have been happening for decades.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It's not a fact. There's no scientific proof. There's no proof at all. There's no reasoning behind what you're saying, and apparently, there never will be. The status of "good" thing or "bad" thing relates directly to each individuals opinion.

Sure there's a law where you live, and I'm glad that I don't live there because I enjoy every ounce of freedom that I still have to say what I want, when I want, however I want to say it and no one LIKE YOU can do anything about it.

Attacks are not EVER verbal. That is a blind opinion. So what...I said (insert racial, insensitive, or unpopular viewpoint here)? How does that hurt you? Are you going to need intensive care? Are you bleeding because I said it? Do you have a bruise of some sort?

It doesn't hurt. It's a word. It's a string of letters forming a sound. If you are hurt by this, you are a truly weak individual.

Words are not bullying, words are not harassment.

Rape and assault are very different than any WORD. If you are raped, someone has actually gone and HURT your body...if you are assaulted your body is actually in pain. Words can't do these things to you.

If I shoot you, I have attacked you.
If I say some unpleasant words, I have not.

I never said that people should go around raping and doing things like that. I said that people should be able to express their opinions. And thankfully, our CONSTITUTION says that we can. It gives us the freedom to say whatever we want no matter WHO disagrees with us.

It's people like YOU that make me more proud to be living in America than I have ever been.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I have a tasteless joke... A very tasteless joke I heard...

Hitler was not trying to kill all the Jews, he was gonna leave a handful of them alive... just in case one day somebody questioned him why he had to kill all the Jews.......................... he would show him the handful of JEWS he kept alive - and this would be evidence of what they were capable of doing.

tasteless? Yes... So be it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

Round and round and round and round.....when will it end?

You're right, you're great and you have all the knowledge and truth you need.

I should have remembered this at the start and saved myself the hassle.

"Never argue with a fool . . . ... some people might not notice the difference"

Yeah.....Hmmmmm

Bye then.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Attacks are not EVER verbal. That is a blind opinion. So what...I said (insert racial, insensitive, or unpopular viewpoint here)? How does that hurt you? Are you going to need intensive care? Are you bleeding because I said it? Do you have a bruise of some sort?

It doesn't hurt. It's a word. It's a string of letters forming a sound. If you are hurt by this, you are a truly weak individual.

Words are not bullying, words are not harassment.

Try telling that to some poor kid at school who daren't go back because his life is made a misery through verbal jokes. Some people even consider or even commit suicide because of this.

Guess you heard the saying 'sticks and stones may break my bones but nmaes will never harm me'

Not true

Sometimes words can do more harm than physical violence - It is emotional abuse.

I know for a fact that i can hurt peoples feelings more with what i say than what i do, i try to think before i open my mouth.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

I tried all that... even posted bullying stats and scientific Proof and articlesshowing that words are as harmful if not more so... ignorance is bliss though??
And psychology is wrong....

:bnghd:

[edit on 29/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick

Now that's ridiculous. I'm honestly asking for you to explain just HOW words are hurtful to anyone? What is just so immature about me saying "words are only words"?

You're making no sense and I'm trying to have an actual conversation with you here.

Ok, if i have too.

Scenario. 11 year old at school who is overweight gets the fun poked out of her daily - her friends are too scared to stand up to the bullies - they make her life hell, everyday she dreads going to school. She goes through her school years and attempts suicide a couple of times and self harms thinking she is truly not worthy of this world. Leaves school and turns bulemic. Words stick in your mind - bruises fade. Words can give people a complex. Nuff said.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join