It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Enlightenment is Dangerous!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I don't see how that verse implies Jesus took the mark. Being wise means knowing what the serpent is up to.

But that reminds me, they put a crown of thorns on his head. That was to symbolize the crown chakra doctrine.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I find in matters of enligtenment the discussion of religion can be a difficult balance to achieve. It derails the conversation into arguments about whos prophet was the wisest or more enligtened.
It is far better to discuss enligtenment in terms of spirituality than religion. If you are a religious person you are also a spiritual one. When a matter such as enlightenment is discussed by many from many religions is it not better to talk of the one being, the one creator, the one God who is at the heart of all this. Surely we are all of the opinion there is only one creator? That way we are all talking on one level.
Some can quote Jesus, Buddha or other spiritual teachers and ancient religious texts well, but often it does lead to an argument that masks the true discussion that enligtenment is of one spiritual teaching and that it just comes in many spoken forms.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Your right, if people take away the religious element and just be at one with themselves, they will learn more. I was reading a thread earlier that i thought may be relevant to some peoples posts in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still think the only danger is the fire. It is very real, i've felt it. If your not ready it could hurt or even kill you. I've felt the cold too, that was strange being cold from the inside out, like a chill.:

kundalini.se...

www.anandgholap.net...

[edit on 26-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

Your right, if people take away the religious element and just be at one with themselves, they will learn more. I was reading a thread earlier that i thought may be relevant to some peoples posts in this thread:

I still think the only danger is the fire. It is very real, i've felt it. If your not ready it could hurt or even kill you. I've felt the cold too, that was strange being cold from the inside out, like a chill.:

[edit on 26-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

I agree totally with you, the fire is a real danger that once awakened there really is nothing you can do about it, you cant send it back and the temperatures it can reach as you say are dangerous. It has been linked with spontaneous human combustion of which I can fully believe.

It is very difficult to deal with, especially if you awakened it with no knowledge of what you have done. I found this link very useful it was posted on the Kundalini thread in the paranormal.

biologyofkundalini.com...

It helped me with the very real dangers and emotions you go through. I guess we just have to learn to live with it other wise it will consume us. I was not ready for it and Im still not, mine was woken by mistake and its been very hard to deal with.

Is it from the dark, is it demonic though? I dont think so I just think its ancient knowledge that has been lost, weve lost the knowledge of what it is and how to deal with it correctly. Our society now has no place for it, our society does not want us to have it so they hide it from us. The fire is dangerous but it does have the ability to set you free from all that seeks to control you. Master the fire and you become free and enligtened..now why would any one wish to hide the secret of freedom from us.......
.....maybe this thread is in the right place after all!

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
As I was shown, religions purposely put the weight into the idols and symbolism. Rather than actually following or understanding Jesus, they instead praise the idol, worship the idol and don't actually follow or do what is said. The leaders then take and use this symbolism heavily as a means of control. You'll see people talking about occult symbols and such, but the symbols don't have any power. You can draw one and nothing happens. Where symbols get their power is in the people who will follow that symbolism. Tell them things that sound good, and off they go to wars and things that are completely against the bible, and they think because they are doing it in the name of the idol or symbolism they are doing good things.

But what is important is the message and understandings they bring. That is their purpose.

When I seen that the masons were open to other religions with such understandings, I had to take notice. Is it for these reasons? I believe every culture will get a teacher, and have the same basic understandings.

I personally don't mind other religions at all. I see crazy people in all religons, and I see people with understanding in all religions. And it's usually the crazy ones screaming you will go to hell for not believing in Jesus, or Allah or whatever, and I see them fight over the idols, leaving their teachings behind in the process. And usually the ones who aren't crazy are talking about the understandings behind them.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why is enlightenment dangerous? How am I to explain without giving reason which is my belief in Jesus Christ?

As soon as any one Christian expresses an opinion they are accused of idol worship, being controlling, craziness, going to war, damning people to hell. None of which I did. The finger is always pointed to others who have absolutely nothing to do with me other than the fact that they call themselves Christian.

My apologies. I should have made clear that the warning was for other Christians only. People with other beliefs should do as they please too. I am not here to convert, I was just giving an answer and an explanation.

You're correct, the symbol has no power itself. The meaning behind it and the actions of Jesus was that he would die first before giving up his faith. And as his followers that's what we should prepare for. This is not something to be feared but rejoiced if we have been chosen.

We are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Not just by a line here or there.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I say screw enlightenment, I would rather enjoy my life, and be helpful where possible, one person at a time.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
I say screw enlightenment, I would rather enjoy my life, and be helpful where possible, one person at a time.

If this was the matrix movie, your name would be cipher.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnot
Why is enlightenment dangerous? How am I to explain without giving reason which is my belief in Jesus Christ?

As soon as any one Christian expresses an opinion they are accused of idol worship, being controlling, craziness, going to war, damning people to hell. None of which I did. The finger is always pointed to others who have absolutely nothing to do with me other than the fact that they call themselves Christian.

My apologies. I should have made clear that the warning was for other Christians only. People with other beliefs should do as they please too. I am not here to convert, I was just giving an answer and an explanation.

You're correct, the symbol has no power itself. The meaning behind it and the actions of Jesus was that he would die first before giving up his faith. And as his followers that's what we should prepare for. This is not something to be feared but rejoiced if we have been chosen.

We are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Not just by a line here or there.

I have no problem with belief in Jesus. I consider myself someone who follows him, although I was taught by the father not by Jesus. When I became "enlightened", I was shown how the universe works and I was shown "the path". I directly experienced John 14:20 and the things mentioned after(I would fall under the part of those who loved Jesus not, so heard the father).

But at the same time, I'm pretty much convinced that Christianity as a religon is the anti-christ religion, and fulfills the role. The majority of Christians are actually as described with false idol worship and so on. You can see how they have followed the symbolism and done things that do not fall in line with Jesus. Long history of it. They even fulfilled the parts of killing anyone who didn't go along. But I suppose this is another topic.

There are no doubt good people in Christianity, and people who generally mean well. That is why they have to be deceived in the first place. And it certainly isn't just Christians or any religion that is deceived, it's pretty much all of us to 1 degree or another. If you are still a good person and actually follow Jesus, not the idols and symbolism, then it is my opinion that you have done so in spite of, not because of.

However, as for warning other people. Jesus tells you to do the exact opposite. Jesus tells you to seek. Jesus tells you to knock on doors. If you seek, you will find. If you knock, it will be opened for you. You shouldn't worry about getting the serpent when you ask for a fish, it's not going to happen.

If you don't ask, don't knock and so on, then you are more easily deceived. I asked and knocked without the bible and found answers. Jesus isn't lieing when he says the father speaks through him. But if you truly want to hear the word of god, then you had better be asking and knocking. Few ask and knock, most accept.

Matthew 7

7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Without enlightenment, we would still believe the World is flat, and that the Sun revolves around us.

I guess to you people, Science is dangerous, as evermore it discovers more about life than your bible.

Your basically advocating ignorance, it's hard for people who are thoughtful.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by memory_nuke

Exactly enlightenment is not just about spiritual progression it is about knowledge. It is about wishing to push back the boundaries of what "is" to seek what "else" there is. To move beyond the restrictions of mind into being more conscious .

You say to "you" people science is dangerous....
then I guess my job is dangerous! Better go ask my boss for danger money then. Yes scientists can also seek enlightenment as all is one at the end of the day.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Yes, I believe it is best said that you will find what you seek. If you seek ways to disprove something, you will find those ways. If you seek to find the truth in things, then that is also what you find.

I tend to try to see things in terms of an algebra equation, with variables. Such that A+B=C, and the values for A and B can be many different things. When 1 person sees things as 1+1=2, and another person sees something as 1+2=3, both are technically correct. But if they understand A+B=C, then they can see that both is true, 2 different ways of expressing the same truth.

I'm not a big fan of the "Brand" of Jesus much. So I know what you mean. The brand is like when someone says 1+1=2 is the only truth and son, then blindly dismisses 1+2=3 which expresses the same truth.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by badmedia]

I think it's a question of whether or not Jesus' Magnum Opus or Great Work is recognized as being of value.

I'm with C.S. Lewis on that score. If it means anything, then by extension and proportion, it's meaning is of the very farthest reaching implications and significance.

Principals must be proven right by their application. If it works and is workable, then it is valid and a valid frame of reference in terms of the relativity of God and man and of the brotherhood of man.

Personally, I have seen it's power, and it changes everything.

Jesus, imo, is the gatefold of a clearing for life itself. Once we begin to understand him, and see the value of his work, then we share in the benefits, and those benefits may then be shared in turn, with everyone.

Jesus is really the spiritual embodiment of the twin pillars of justice and mercy, in the middle of which flows unending love and therefore, eternal life.

To understand something about that, but disregard the work of Jesus Christ, is imho, utterly absurd.

Prayer of Reconciliation

Oh Heavenly Father, oh most high God in whom is Jesus the Christ – we, who possess a growing awareness of your truth and love, intuitively know that you are commencing to make your return to our precious world, to lift the veil of tears, and by your unrelenting love, mercy, goodness and kindness – to break through all the ancient strongholds that have separated us from you, and from one another.
Therefore, as your spirit of wisdom, truth, love and immense beauty, begins to envelop our world – as the new creation begins to come into view, however fast or slow – we are reminded, to do our part, in whatever way, however big or small, to EXTEND your invitation of divine love, to one and to ALL, because, at core, we, the whole world over, all share the same ground of being and the same root and source, and because we know, in Jesus Christ, that it pleased you, oh Holy God of Justice, and Mercy, to share your kingdom with ALL your children.
By your unending love for us and for them, if it is possible, we pray that not one will be lost, no matter what their circumstance, their religious tradition, their family heritage, their crimes.. for each and every single person alive on earth today at this very moment, entered into our world an innocent child of yours, imbued with your spirit and your love, with hope that in them your glory would be made manifest.
Please help us, as Christian believers, to better understand and appreciate the fullness of the ALL INCLUSIVE NATURE of your supreme gift, oh Lord, whereby, in your own words, and from the vantage point of the cross, you prayed aloud, saying
“Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.”

[edit on 31-1-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

No we do not agree on the same Creator or the Father.

Badmedia,

I worship Jesus Christ. He is my Lord and my God. Not with crucifixes or waxen figures or any image or likeness of anything. You still call that idol worship, that's okay. You have your opinion.

I retract what I said about enlightenment as accepting the mark of the beast. It is not exactly but it sure does seem to lead people to that path eventually....

I will ignore those sporting that mark from now on.

Light has no communion with darkness.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Enlightenment is worth nothing if it is without love, and love doesn't last long in the absence of joy and laughter and merriment, and for there to be love, there is always two, a lover and a beloved other. We are not alone.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
But there's still a danger, and it resides precisely in the knowledge of good and evil and of the notion that the human being can be justified before God either by adherance to the law, or by good works.

We all lose integrity. Jesus and his great work represents the opportunity to borrow from his unending integrity in the form of intercessory grace.

We must be born from above. There is no enlightenment of the lasting kind which comes from below or emerges in the flesh.

And I think there's a reason why some people experience fire or cold when attempting to push through the crown shakra.

So I think my OP was valid.

To gain enlightenment by the knowledge of the tree of good and evil leads to death.

We can only be good for goodness sake. Life meets life. There is no not. And the price of sin is separation or death.

We really do need Christ - though paradoxically, it must remain as an open invitation capabable of preserving religious tolerance, and therein resides the difficulty of Christianity. That and the supreme challenge it presents us - how to accept a gift of incaculable value, which is unearned yet freely given. Most interesting of all, is that the gift, when opened, is our truest self and the Christ within..! Oh the wonders of His love!

Surely Jesus would not want the all inclusive nature of his propostion to serve as a stumbling block to the realization of his vision...!

pondering...

"Let them be so one that they will KNOW that it was you Father who sent me."

"And as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you."

And I agree that one cannot love the Father without recognizing the Father in Jesus and loving Jesus for manifesting the Father in human terms, and to be processed as spiritual food for our enjoyment - that too is absurd.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I think a little different, i donk think thee needs to be an 'other' for love to exist - i eminate love, love my surroundings, memories, colours the list goes on.. ;o) i would usually say i am a happy person, but i can feel so much empathy that sometimes its hard to wear a smile - sadness that could leave you numb, but i do, beause i know that it makes it that little bit easier to get through it. If I only placed the love i had with people around me, i'd be quite a lonely person. My flaws are my own principles and beliefs, i stand by them whatever heartache it may cause me.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yes, but the love is due to a relationship, and born of a gratitude, between you and the giver of life. It's an exchange.

People who subscribe to what may be called an "isolate consciousness" are not typically very loving, and for starters, are beginning with a fundamentally flawed presupposition.

You do not sound like one of those. I know what you mean by the sorrow. When I get closest to life I too feel it very strongly, and sometimes I bawl.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

You know i don't think i can disagree on that, i take that you mean between the mother and the child, that sparks it, yeah i can see that making sense. I think growing up you are in awe of just about everthing, that makes me feel kind of special in itself, being part of somethhing, i cannot and might never fully comprehend, is cool and makes me feel good, and full of love waiting to burst out. Can't be just me surely

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think this warrants re-posting

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

~ by Marianne Williamson
from A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles

And this too is worthy of re-consideration

13Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.
14Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Interesting how most "Christians" believe that "heaven" is only something which can be obtained when you physically die, as a reward for living a good life. Jesus was surely talking instead about a way of being, and something which is to be obtained while alive..

If not now, then when? And if not us, then who? That's the question life it putting to us at this moment in history..

[edit on 1-2-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamnot

I retract what I said about enlightenment as accepting the mark of the beast. It is not exactly but it sure does seem to lead people to that path eventually....

I will ignore those sporting that mark from now on.

Light has no communion with darkness.

What is it you are saying here? Those who seek enligtenment will eventually follow the dark side??? You will now ignore all those that support this "mark"?

Light and dark are the same, there is only dark within the light . Light outshines dark, light always outshines dark but they are still one.

There is no wrong or right. Everything is one and that includes light and dark.

Can you support your claim that light has no communication with dark? These are two totally seperate entities that never connect? How exactly do you see this working?

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join