It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Enlightenment is Dangerous!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
This thread went from mumbo... to alotta mumbo jumbo. I mean alot.

Hey, sometimes ya' gotta pick the peanuts from the poo poo, for the sake of maximizing the spiritual/intellectual nourishment.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thank you for your words on this issue, Omega Point.

Yes, I have had bad experiences myself with going too far. Many have.

For example, many suffer from Kundalini Sickness, when they thought that there was a natural law that said that the Universe was fair, that perhaps God would stop them if it was a bad idea, or that they were truly indestructible.

That I crash far less than my computer is a testiment to the virtual indestructability of the spirit, I support that. However many following gurus and teachers that taught the unlocking of things within one's self can be done with safety, soon learned by ill students that perhaps there was more to it than they originally thought.

Enlightenment is something to be aspired to, if you are like most that need a bit more enlightenment than normal. However, it is wisdom to know that enlightenment beyond certain parameters can be dangerous and wrong.

Those that do not at least recognize this idea as a possibility are risking the possibility that they might not turn back from the top of the mountain, if it was wise.

There is Light, and there is Chaos. Be of the Light.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A couple of flaws in the logic of the OP:

If a line exists that is possible to cross, and thus trangress, then that line was crossed on the past by the current "God", who deposed the one prior.

If you reject that premise, then you must allow at least the possibility that some new "God" may emerge by crossing that threshold and proving stronger than the elder one.

Once you admit that possibility, then the whole "God" thing falls apart. Hell, it falls apart in the 1st Commandment: "I am the Lord thy God and ye shall have no other gods before me." Such a commandment wouldn't even occur true unitary god; if it were truly alone it wouldn't be so touchy about it so as to make it the very first commandment.

At any rate, it's a moot point, because I am God. But I don't get a big head over it because the chair's God, too, and the cat, and you, and everything else. Praying to God is more of an exercise in talking to yourself, the surprise comes when you listen.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use."
~~Galileo~~

Enlightenment is merely understanding, not manipulation, control or force. To understand something that is not the norm among people, and it is backed by probable evidence, you are enlightened to that specific subject.

Explain to me how this is considered evil in your own mind?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
I'm just talking about a limitation, I'm not saying enlightenment is bad, or that there is anything wrong with being the light of the world, child of God, son of God, whatever. I am just attempting to describe the proper state of man in relation to God, within the framework of an I-thou relationship grounded in love and mutuality.

This presumes a separateness of Consciousness. It presumes that we are of "lesser stuff" than "God."

Frankly, that is not how I see it at all. Consciousness is "God," experiencing the novel subjectively on this plain of existence. I suspected this long ago when I discovered I could assume the perspective (but not the thoughts) of critters and other people. I could infer the thoughts, though.

And when I discovered that most others do not have this ability, I understood that they were closed within themselves and "separate" by virtue of the way in which they think.

This whole separating of Consciousness into segments of "people" and "God" has never made sense to me.

As for "enlightenment," that is reaching a connection with the implicate realm, that level of reality from which springs the 3D (4D with time) hologram we play in. Nothing "dangerous" about it. Just that many who make the connection cannot comprehend what they have experienced and may freak out.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

where that mystery and the living Spirit of God which accompanies it, must be dilineated from the "little I am"

Unless you take the "I" out you cant become enlightened anyhow!!! thats the whole point.

an abomination, since what is above is perfect, holy and pure, and what arises from below, is corruptible.

Again the whole point you don't become enlightened by by behaving and acting thinking like the corrupt, it is impossible to be enlightened and also corrupt.

A non priori.

Trust me on this - you don't want to go there or try to walk that sacred ground of being, it's best left as it is - an eternal mystery.

So the Abrahimic priests in silk robes and expensive jewel's will want you to think as you bow down to them in reverence, ask you for money, load guilt on you an do those very corrupt things to your children.

Therefore, on approach to the mystery, there is a threshold which we are NOT meant to cross into.

Says who?
Most of those who got there from tradition faiths leave blueprints and instructions to follow there way if we choose.

Friends, keep your spiritual scullcap on your head at all times!

Best really to take it off, allow the energy of your Kundalini to merge with the Skakti and become balanced and reach enlightenment so you can show others how not to live in the fear and guilt that seems to have been placed on you, and stop those with Robes and Caps from doing corrupt things in God's names as far as children, and supporting & driving wars forward.

Originally posted by JoanTheBlind
The Buddha was constantly hounded by Mara and spent his days suffering

What are you talking about?
Please sources?
He faced Mara which really was actually was his last bit of Ego fighting for control but his last real encounter with Mara was just BEFORE he was enlightened....

and the other one, Jesus, got crusified for it.

You will find it is crucified.

Was he crucified because he became enlightened, or because the Fear in others of his message, or because he told the TRUTH and didnt toe the line.

I dont think you can actually state in such strong terms that was the casual effect of being Enlightened, it was the effect of the choices of those around him, those whose Power, who like I point out above, those with robes, collecting money, and doing things in the name of God that were corrupt who
wanted to be powerful and control the masses, be worshipped themselves who did it.

He was crucified for their evil choices and Ego, not his Love!

Maybe that's why in some of the mystery schools I have attended they have an expression: Walk backward into the Light.

You post such things, in such a way of belief and have attended Mystery Schools?

Really?

I wouldn't get a local Wicca class or spiritualism on a Friday at the local Theosophists as a mystery school, trust me.

What you quote as well speaks volumes of the type of school to be honest, CAREFUL before you are led astray friend.

I think that we have to be cognisent of our safety at all times.

Take your own Advice really, read source texts yourselves, check the motives of any GURU at all, the true guru is the truth and love in your own heart, don't listen to false tongues and check out where you go before taking any heed of the message you are told.

What is this ? Devils Circle 101 lol

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
you better... because what he wrote is the absolute truth.

I think you will find its called RELATIVE truth actually.

Read search for the difference on the two. Its the key to enlightenment actually besides the motivation, probably why you reversed it like some do an upside down cross.

The absolute truth is very different, can never end, die or change and is what is enlightenment is, the buddha nature somewhere within you too.

Relative not Absolute.

If he said the opposite of what he did then you would be speaking the Absolute truth yourself!

Search the difference readers in definitions of truth Buddhism.

'Enlightenment' is nothing more than forbidden fruit. The same fruit that Adam and Eve ate. It is basically forbidden knowledge. It might taste good at first, but it comes from the realm of darkness.

Sources from those who were enlightened?

Is it from the realm of darkness to be Jesus or Buddha?

Is showing Love and Compassion and Charity and Service and abstaining from Sin from the realm of Darkness?

Again the Devil's Satan's (the deceiver) trick itself turn something upside down, make it look the opposite....

So you are saying then that to do the opposite of Love, Charity, Service, Compassion, Truth..... like for example to be Evil, to Hurt, Kill, Steal, Lie, comes from the realm of Light?

Yep of course you are right in a way, but that is the realm of the Light Bearer, Lucifer, see how turned around again?

not the light of GOD, Absolute Truth, Love of Jesus or Compassion of Buddha, please differentiate which type of light you are talking about, please be aware the term enlightened was in India etc way before any Lucifer was invented and talked about. They are differant things entirely.

Makes me wonder how much knowledge I've gotten by sitting at my computer that has a huge APPLE LOGO on it with with bite taken out of it.

Well from your back to front posting and manipulation of the facts you have not got any Wisdom, maybe gained some knowledge, but it was common knowledge the earth was flat for hundreds and thousands of years, but it did not make it TRUE or Wise. Depends what you choose to read and meditate on I suppose!

Becareful what truth your searching for.

Again I would advice you very very strongly to take your own words into your life, and ensure you read your sources properly.

The consequences of searching for the wrong truth can have effects that I know many on this thread have no idea at all of the long term, all inclusive and complete consequences on your future.

removed Masculated Abrahimic All powerful vengefull Worship Me God Posts
By the way she is coloured and does not have a beard

Enter that space, you'll inevitably lose your love and humility, and you will come, not to serve, but to be served. That which is below cannot rise up and into that which is above - wrong direction, it's the other way around.

God is Love and we cannot be trusted with His full authority, it's as simple as that.

I STRONGLY suggest you read up on the term Bodhissatva

The two are not mutually separate, you have to be God's love to get there.

All of you please watch this:

Google Video Link

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 22-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
actually the OP has a good point

theres a huge differance between a good nice humble person and a self righteous arrogant prick

and i must admit, many of you have crossed that threshhold into narcissism and you should be ashamed of your pride

alot of you need to grow up

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yep, just as I suspected this interpretation to mean.

All throughout the bibles (yes plural) knowledge has been ruled as evil. Adam and Eve should have remained retards and not have eaten from the magic tree of knowledge.

The people at the "Tower Of Babel" were attacked by God for trying to attain knowledge and just many more stories of mankind slapped down from knowledge.

Knowledge is the forbidden fruit of wickedness!

So you heard it here folks! Forsake your knowledge. Drool out the mouth and stare at the sun and pray with all your faith that life ends out good for you. Return to your naked Garden of Eden ways. If you notice you are naked or lustful gouge your eyes out! Give a large percentage of your income to the local priest/preacher/rabbi or whomever has more knowledge of the bibles than you do, you darn dirty ape!

[edit on 22/1/2009 by toochaos4u]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
Yep, just as I suspected this interpretation to mean.

All throughout the bibles (yes plural) knowledge has been ruled as evil. Adam and Eve should have remained retards and not have eaten from the magic tree of knowledge.

The people at the "Tower Of Babel" were attacked by God for trying to attain knowledge and just many more stories of mankind slapped down from knowledge.

Knowledge is the forbidden fruit of wickedness!

So you heard it here folks! Forsake your knowledge. Drool out the mouth and stare at the sun and pray with all your faith that life ends out good for you. Return to your naked Garden of Eden ways. If you notice you are naked or lustful gouge your eyes out! Give a large percentage of your income to the local priest/preacher/rabbi or whomever has more knowledge of the bibles than you do, you darn dirty ape!

I disagree on the Tower of Babel. I thought the same thing as well when I first read it, but consider a few things.

At the time we had 1 single culture, 1 single language. We all got along because we were all the same. Now suppose what would happen when these same people got out and about in the universe and reached into the heavens. Anything they came across they would enslave or war with it. Because while they were unified, they were also still evil.

Proof of this is in the actions of what happens after they become confused in the language and cultures. When confronted with things that are different, the evil comes out. And so while we could have tried to overcome these differences, instead we focused on them and we war over them.

So just as it talks about being removed from the garden to protect the tree of life, that too was done to protect the tree of life. So it's been confined and quarantined on earth basically. Once people learn to get along and don't do evil, then they will be allowed back into the garden and thus not need such things.

If we had been accepting of other cultures and languages, then rather than the wars that follow to this day, we would have been accepting of them. If we had done that, then it wouldn't have needed to be created or destroyed in the first place.

Learn the lesson.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
actually the OP has a good point

theres a huge differance between a good nice humble person and a self righteous arrogant prick

and i must admit, many of you have crossed that threshhold into narcissism and you should be ashamed of your pride

alot of you need to grow up

Thats the truth of it, if your going to put your head in the clouds you have to have your feet on the ground.

People put too much into chasing enlightenment, if you end up enlightened you've still got to adjust that with real life, some obviously become self-obsessed.

I think it's better if your going to be anything you should be happy first and enlightened second. Saying that I don't see what prides got to do with it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

That's a great post, badmedia. Food for thought! I'm going to ruminate on this one for awhile...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
"Someone who has the knowledge to move mountains also knows why they should be there in the first place."

Any old Joe cant just open the crown. You are right that there is a limitation that you cant cross intill you have mastered the other chakras. You cant really just head through the crown at any old time. It must be in devine order and you also must be very accomplished in spirituality. In order to pass the crown you must merge with your higher self. This isnt something any old joe can do durring his daily 20 minute meditation. The crown is serious business and enless you are purely ready you will not enter. Theres no way to get around it. You cant lie to yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
"Someone who has the knowledge to move mountains also knows why they should be there in the first place."

Any old Joe cant just open the crown. You are right that there is a limitation that you cant cross intill you have mastered the other chakras. You cant really just head through the crown at any old time. It must be in devine order and you also must be very accomplished in spirituality. In order to pass the crown you must merge with your higher self. This isnt something any old joe can do durring his daily 20 minute meditation. The crown is serious business and enless you are purely ready you will not enter. Theres no way to get around it. You cant lie to yourself.

I think of it like this.

How to catch a monkey.

Take a box, cut a hole big enough in the top for the monkey to slide it's hand down. Put a cookie or treat inside the box. The monkey will reach their hand into the box and grab the cookie. When he grabs the cookie, he has to make a fist. While holding the cookie, his hand is no longer small enough to fit back out the hole. And so the monkey is trapped. The monkey refuses to let go of the treat and just keeps trying and trying to bring the reward with him. To get away, all he had to do was let go of the cookie and his hand would have fit back through.

You can't try to take everything back with you is the morale. Instead, you have to take back small bits at a time. If you try to take it all back at the same time, I do believe you will literally go crazy. Make the hole bigger(have a good base, feet on the ground) and you can eventually take and understand bigger bits. Or, how much you can fit through the hole is relative to the size of the hole.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Old control dramas are past their use-by date, it's time to move on now.

The small beliefs we have been incotrinated into believing have prevented us from doing as Jesus said we could.

From my experience: There is nothing you cannot experience and nowhere you cannot go in your energetic aware form. The only thing that can prevent you is what you Believe about it and yourself.

The only danger with Enlightenment is the chance of burning your human mind up due to no preparation for the initial enlightening experience of Oneness of the Universe, and/or not taking the responsibility that comes hand in hand with Enlightenment and therefore wasting and not using the 'gifts' for assisting the human race and others.

At this point in time we are meant to be waking up. There is no big brother type Deity working to keep you in line and behaving according to the rules. But there are many humans and other beings working on trying to keep us asleep.

As stated, it is time to wake up, pass through all fears and baggage to a place of clarity, presence and awareness.

The next step in human evolution is happening now. We are meant to become fully aware, Soul awareness level, while still incarnate in the flesh of this world. This is so we can again experience the reality of creating in the moment, and choosing co-operation, choosing unconditional Love at every opportunity in order to create a new world based on Equality for all people, respect for the world that supports us and in doing so lead the way for humanity's future.

Thank you Wisen Heimer for stating the facts so clearly. Merging with Higher-self is a symptom of genuine enlightenment, and what we are meant to be doing now.

Be well

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I always ponder about this, here's my philosophical take on it:

THE KEY IS SINGULARITY!!

READ THIS PORTION:
I believe that you (aka. the soul) don't have to worry about becoming a god, because you technically are god - well a part of him. Thus, we attain certain aspects of god at a smaller scale. We stride to reach enlightenment, because its the only way we can reach god.

There is a certain drive in us to become closer to god, maybe it's built into us to believe in a higher being. And I believe deep deep inside we yearn to return back to him.

And in a way it kind of make sense, in the physical world, entropy is bound to increase, and matter is bound to decay purest of form (energy) - singularity.

In the spiritual aspect, I feel that souls must evolve (a bit like how biology work) and grow, regroup and reform. As our soul grow, we obtain a higher and higher energy frequency, until we reach synchrony, thus singularity - ultimately reuniting with god once more.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

In the end it does all come back to Fear.

Fear is the yoke that those who have power over you use to keep you from looking around, asking questions, forming theories.

If you fear pain, then pain can be used to control you.

If you fear death, then the threat of death can be wielded against you.

I think enlightenment starts with the realization that pain and death are temporary. Once the fear is gone, no one can control you.

Populations don't start wars and fight them. Wars are started and fought by egomaniacs who exert control over their people through fear and ignorance.

As long as fear exists, there will be suffering, oppression and evil. When fear is finally banished we will all look around and realize that if we had been helping each other instead of hurting each other the entire world would have been a better place.

Hopefully we get there before we burn out.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What about the problem of a "moral reletavism" - meaning, the point at which all points of view are considered valid? Can we reach the stage where the goodness of man, and the love within us, of the type which moves us to compassion towards our suffering neighbors (see parable of the Good Samaritan) can be trusted to overcome the shadow in man, and the urge to dominate? Can we form a world capable of serving the enlightened mutual self interest of all in the house, can we thread the eye of the needle of competing self interests, and always seek out the win/win?

Even today at work, I noted, as I made my calls (I'm a "headhunter") that sometimes the secretaries, who I often experience as "gatekeepers" impeded my progress, deflecting me from my course, and it made me angry when I did not achieve what I was intending to accomplish. As human beings, we don't like it when we don't get our way. We crave recognition. Our need to prove is powerful, and there are always those for whom our gifts are seen as something to compete against. I have a hard time celebrating when someone demontrates superiority in some way or another.

We all know there is a fundamental problem which requires a solution, and it is good to know that there are others who are working on it as well, pulling from their end on the great net in pursuit of the catch of the ages.

Nothing comes easy I suppose, and it's hard work, and it takes a lot of courage, surrender, willpower, love, tolerance, and when appropriate, intolerance.

I think how we handle and use our anger is a good measure of our progress.

I noted that many people became irate at the suggestion that on the path of enlightenment towards the Godhead, that a final wrong step can result in the loss of everything, and I still am convinced that there are treasures which we are not permitted access to in this life, so that there still remains wages to be paid for a hard days work. No one can steal from God, is another way of looking at it.

The other day I came close to madness, in the midst of all the glowing faces and smiling twinking eyes. A momentary glance and they got the spirit, it was pouring off of me, and I got really scared, and yes, there was a place that I was heading where I was at grave risk of losing everything and all reward, and when you get tossed from the city of God, or put another way the metaphysical kingdom of light and love, I don't see how you'd get back in no matter how long you might stand at the gate knocking at the door.

There are warning signs and they should be heeded. I was just reporting back for the benefit of others.

I think I'm ok now, and I've started to get regrounded, but I was very close to losing my love and my sense of humour, and I've seen that in certain people, including some of the people here in this forum. A seriousness, and a total lack of mirth - lots of so-called light, but no love. Well, that's just terrifying to me, and I've caught a glimps of it, and you just don't want to go there.

So if you ever find yourself walking around as God among mere mortals, without the capacity to laugh at yourself and the absurdity of who you THINK you are being, and without deep love and compassion for the suffering around you, where you fancy that your "good works" are sufficient, but without love. If you are enlightened, but cannot smile with authenticity, know that you may have crossed the line - and at that point yes be AFRAID, and throw yourself down at the mercy of God as higher power, and just maybe, you could be restored to sanity, and humility and love.

I tell you, too much enlightenment IS dangerous. I know. Been there done that got the t-shirt, and I am no different from anyone else, I have the same needs and desires as anyone. If it can come very close (but by the Grace of God) to happening to me (jeopardy), then it can happen to anyone who seeks "enlightenment".

It can in fact be dangerous, there is no denying it.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That said, let me add this, for a counterweight

"Stop being afraid, little flock, because your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom."
Luke 12:32

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

by Marianne Williamson
from A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What enlightenment are you talking about?

If you're talking about Nirvana of the Buddhist teaching read on, if not, just disregard my post.

Nirvana or enlightenment in the Buddhist teaching, is a state that you achieve the ultimate wisdom and knowledge of everything that we truly realize that every that we used to perceive at being REAL is merely an illusion of our mind. Buddha and his followers alike who achieve enlightenment, their soul is so purified that after they die their soul totally disappears and stops reincarnating thus ending the life/death cycle and suffering forever, that state is called nirvana. Yes, when you achieve enlightenment your soul *disappears* after you die and that is the ultimate end to your existence and all of your suffering for all eternity. Which is considered to be A GOOD THING, the ultimate goal of Buddhist teaching.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake
What enlightenment are you talking about?

If you're talking about Nirvana of the Buddhist teaching read on, if not, just disregard my post.

Nirvana or enlightenment in the Buddhist teaching, is a state that you achieve the ultimate wisdom and knowledge of everything that we truly realize that every that we used to perceive at being REAL is merely an illusion of our mind. Buddha and his followers alike who achieve enlightenment, their soul is so purified that after they die their soul totally disappears and stops reincarnating thus ending the life/death cycle and suffering forever, that state is called nirvana. Yes, when you achieve enlightenment your soul *disappears* after you die and that is the ultimate end to your existence and all of your suffering for all eternity. Which is considered to be A GOOD THING, the ultimate goal of Buddhist teaching.

Thanks but no, I was speaking of something far more courageous than that.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by OmegaPoint]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join