It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Enlightenment is Dangerous!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

The problem is this. As you were walking around as god among mere mortals, you had decieved yourself and thus hadn't reached a higher level.

I do agree to be left in such a state is not very good, and probably the summary of "Satan" in a nut shell. Unable to see that the father is in everyone, not just in yourself. That just isn't a higher form of enlightenment.

If you truly enter the father and become one, then you on this earth can not possibly exist. Because the limited perception required to create this reality is completely blown. You cease to exist as an individual walking on the earth. In order to maintain your "individuality" on this world, the furtherest you can go is to see 2, you and the father. And then you can understand how and why that is just really 1.

I am god, and I am arguing with myself.

You only fooled yourself. You have to realize the father is in all. This is why when you kill another person, it's not just a crime, but a sin against god. Because you just "killed" god, or part of god.

So when you see the truth, then you will not put yourself above others in such ways. That is the higher understanding.

P.S. Marianne Williamson quote is great, and so true.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Did I not talk about all the glowing faces and twinkling eyes..? Please don't assume. The spirit was leaping out of everyone, as I "graced them with my presence" (to even say it makes me kinda sick).

Regarding the Buddha thing - who knows, maybe he had a change of heart and decided to come back for another round and hang on a cross..? Anything is possible.

In fact, I believe that the three wise men from the Orient are allegorical of Lao Tzu, Confucius, and Buddha who, as I understand it, were contemporary to one another (lived in the same generation). No wonder it's called "epiphany Sunday" in their honour.. In this way the "star" above his "birthplace" might be considered what I would call the star of isolate consciousness, pointing to something even greater..

I am also convinced that Jesus was "born from above" and that his birth in the flesh was mired in controversy..

[edit on 22-1-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It would seem that God's love is unrelenting, thank God!

"Our liberation is God's compulsion"
~ C.S. Lewis

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake
What enlightenment are you talking about?

If you're talking about Nirvana of the Buddhist teaching read on, if not, just disregard my post.

Nirvana or enlightenment in the Buddhist teaching, is a state that you achieve the ultimate wisdom and knowledge of everything that we truly realize that every that we used to perceive at being REAL is merely an illusion of our mind. Buddha and his followers alike who achieve enlightenment, their soul is so purified that after they die their soul totally disappears and stops reincarnating thus ending the life/death cycle and suffering forever, that state is called nirvana. Yes, when you achieve enlightenment your soul *disappears* after you die and that is the ultimate end to your existence and all of your suffering for all eternity. Which is considered to be A GOOD THING, the ultimate goal of Buddhist teaching.

I feel that is too small a perspective on reality, perhaps the grand plan is far grander than that?

From my perspective, we are to awaken and BE the aware powerful Higher-self while here in the body. I see this as the next step of human evolution. One that takes great strength of purpose and courage to allow ourselves to move beyond everything we have been indoctrinated into believing and ways of being,

Even when you have 'ascended' from this world you will choose to experience other creations, just as we did before coming to this world. And when you do choose to merge again in totality with the One, the source of all things, you will not lose your awarenessand be dead, as a soul. I've been thinnking for some time, after my own experiences over 35 years or more, that the One is much like a Hive Awareness.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'm kind of with you on that. I think that the whole is greater than the sum of all the parts, yet paradoxically, must have preceeded it (first cause argument).

I've also concluded that love, not to be confused with a mere emotion, is the reason for existence and is its cause, and destination.

Everything was made for the son, and the son lives in me, and while I as a unique being, stand relative to everything everywhere and always, it's not about me, but about love and love conquors all, including all fear.

Love is the relative framework of being, as well as it's purpose and its valuation.

Therefore, WILL UNDER LOVE (Crowley had it all wrong, they often get really messed up the occultists when they have too much to think).

Best,

OP

P.S. I just had my final clearing..! Oh what a relief it is oh boy. No more enemies, just friends.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
i will point out that seeing as i am a part of the creation, that actually nothing i do is wrong. it is just creating

all this forbidden fruit stuff and saying u mustnt be "too" enlightened, well its rubbish

i am basically taking to myself now, for you are all me, we are all one. one just talks to itself eternally

boredom and loneliness are the two feelings that the one creation aims to steer clear of.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
In my experience, loneliness is something that I don't really experience any more.

For there to be love, doesn't there always need to be two?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Sorry, I am skeptical of anyone who claims enlightenment, and then talks about seeing things in a physical manner.

After becoming "enlightened" myself, I do have some abilities. Such as being able to "see" through people. But this is certainly no where near a physical "seeing", but rather seeing by understanding.

Perhaps you are not talking about physically seeing such, but in your post that is the feeling I get when you talk about their spirit leaping out and glowing faces and twinkling eyes.

It sounds very physical, and doesn't sound anything like the kind of enlightenment I have been given. Never have I seen myself as a god walking among mere mortals. From the very moment I realized the truth I realized it was in others as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
In my experience, loneliness is something that I don't really experience any more.

For there to be love, doesn't there always need to be two?

No. That is for human, emotional, feelings type love. Unconditonal Love is felt so you are never alone or lonely when awakened.

In my experience, loneliness is a state of mind, focused on the feeling of not being Whole and Complete in themselves enough to feel unconditional Love within themselves and thereby feel connected to all.

I could be wrong, but that's how it is for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
First off, I have to say that if there's something that I can't know, then it makes me strive harder to obtain that knowledge.

If, by obtaining that knowledge(Enlightenment), I die, so be it, we can die at any moment, and I'm at peace with who I am now, I've helped all the people I could, as well as I could, and that's all that I ask of myself.

My goal in life isn't to seek enlightenment, if that were it, I'm going about my life the entirely wrong way. My goal in life is to help as many people in a positive way that I can help. To me, that's all that anyone should try and do.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The real danger lies in learning to fire off the chakras starting at the base of the spine and rising thru all 7 until it reaches the crown chakra at which point the energy exits the body and strikes like a snake (the basis of Kundalini yoga).

The problems associated with learning this is one of control. Out of control, it can result in telekinesis, appearance and disappearance and alteration of the form of matter, and other associated phenomenon. Once learned, you can never UNlearn it. All one can do is to learn to watch what one thinks and how to keep anger in check.

You will lose many friends. In the process of trying to learn to keep it from happening your stress level will rise due to the fact that now you must consciously watch what you think. You become like a shook-up soda bottle and it can take a real toll on your physical health. You can easily develop a god complex unless you come to realize that there are greater thoughts in existence than your own. You will have to learn how to walk the fine line between what you know to be the nature of true reality and dealing with the everyday things to function on what used to be a "normal" level.

In 1982 I was pretty stressed out due to my job. A "friend" was attending philosophical and psychology classes at a Kentucky university. He brought me some paperwork that he said if I followed what was on the papers it would help me relax by relieving stress. When bizarre things started happening I told him about them, and he laughed and said I was his "class experiment", that it was Kundalini yoga and one was not supposed to learn it without benefit of the guidance of a master. He was writing a paper on what would happen to an individual if they learned it without such guidance.

Since '82 life has definitely changed for me. I recently read that singer Paula Cole was trying to learn the Kundalini. I sincerely hope for her sake that she fails. The author of the post I'm adding this to is in most ways correct. Beware if you decide to pursue it, the responsibility to protect people and things around you from your own thoughts can become quite a burden.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
reply to post by iamnot

Sorry, i dont believe in the bible, do you, who's word are you taking for that? Could it be that the people writing that had these awakenings also, except today people are ridiculed, back then they listened

Back on topic, the danger. Well i may not be alone in thinking about the fire being dangerous from the Kundalini (i still believe epilepsy also) - it is claimed to be the probable cause of spontaneous human combustion:

www.uri-geller.com...

Seriously - i think the real danger is the fire - if your not ready it could even kill you.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
...Unconditonal Love is felt so you are never alone or lonely when awakened.

In my experience, loneliness is a state of mind, focused on the feeling of not being Whole and Complete in themselves enough to feel unconditional Love within themselves and thereby feel connected to all. [...]

Nice.

As odd as it may seem to the uninitiated, the feeling of loneliness is actually a side-effect of the fragmented picture painted by human perception. Until one learns to look beyond the apparent separateness that fosters only superficial desires -- to see, that outside of the realm of mere appearances, there’s no real disconnection in the first place ...and that anything one could possibly desire is already safely contained within 'the self' -- all attempts to quell feelings of loneliness, fear, inadequacy, ETC, are predestined to fall short of hitting their marks, because the deficiency or denial of this understanding is at the heart of all such feelings.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I owe everyone a heartfelt apology for introducing fear. I was in error.

And if I could I would like to share something, from my perspective and in my experience.

Goodness, wholeness, love, these things are their own reward, and they are self reinforcing of themselves, and consume all fear, and overcome all things.

Evil is a mental illness, born of the notion that there is this duality, whereby good is somehow to be measured against a standard of bad, and that is absurd, since bad cannot justify the good, in the same way that death cannot contain life.

The world has taken in a bad 'program' which was imho, introduced at the "fall of man".

The allegory of the Garden of Eden story is I think worthy of re-examination.

There is man as he was created - to fellowship with God, but for man's love to be authentic, free will was introduced, and man was given the choice between remaining in the divine state and eating of the "tree of life" while continuing to enjoy divine providence, or, to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which leads to death, and we were decieved.

But the tree of life remains, and was rendered or revealed to us again at the cross of Jesus who contained the fullness of God, and who, paradoxically, though innocent, took full responsibility for the problem.

I believe that a new undertstanding and appropriation of the Christian story is in order, but this is not to place a "should" on anyone, as it can only exist as an open invitation, as something worthy of consideration, setting aside any and all prejudice prior to investigation due to the problems of "Churchianity".

Viewed another way, for those who are not prepared to go there and who have no interest in it - perhaps it may be a simple matter of moving pasts the duality, to the unity of love, whereby we choose love over fear, and take to heart that goodness is good for goodness sake.

Best Regards,

Rob

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Love, and do as you will while avoiding temptation (guarding our thoughts).

This I believe is the key.

The problem with Religion in general, is the re-introduction of should and shouldn't from a position of authority - that does not help man get back to his proper state.

The true Christian message is like a double edged sword which slays the twin dragon of should and shouldn't, placing people back into the Garden as co-creators with God, the way we were designed to function as children of God (begotten, created beings, from the first cause or first Father of Creation).

Works cannot justify the flesh. Righteousness is accounted to us according to faith, and from there, all good works flow naturally.

When we re-hardness our will under Love and bypass the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. a new creation comes into view.

All the very best to one and all on the great journey.

Catch you on the rebound.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

'Enlightenment' is nothing more than forbidden fruit. The same fruit that Adam and Eve ate. It is basically forbidden knowledge. It might taste good at first, but it comes from the realm of darkness.

Becareful what truth your searching for.

First off why is this in secret societies? It has not very much to do with secret societies (unless they have found the secret to enligtenment..which I doubt)

I dont think its a forbidden fruit, I think its there for all that truely wish to seek it. However it is not an easy path and yes darkness is encountered but enligtenment is NOT from the dark.

The path is not easy, its not paved with gold and is often dimmly lit, its full of self analysis, self made mistakes and routes to darkness if one is not careful. With awakening comes much responsability, some fall at the first hurdle, others carry on blind and only a few make it to the end.

I would not say it needs a danger warning placed on it, but possibly a PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL sign. Opening the crown chakra yes can open the door to enlightenment, it shows you the way, but what you do once you pass through that door is up to you. Your crown chakra does not come with instructions and you need to be very careful what you do. Much personal responsability comes with opening chakras. Listen to your higher self and spirit guides, I did not even though they were basically shouting at me, I wish Id listened to them, this is one thing I have learnt, but I learnt it the hard way.

For those interested in the path to enligtenment I have a thread. Thank you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I agree that overall this thread belongs in either the Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics, as your thread is, or perhaps in one of the religious forums. That said, the goal of some "secret societies" is, indeed, enlightenment of some sort. I'd contend that it's one of the goals of Freemasonry, though makes no claims of being the "only" way to get there... just one of many paths that one might find either on their own or in the company of others.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The trouble with following paths to enlightenment is that most paths are single-use only. My path to enlightment was/is different from yours; if you try following it you're not likely to end up in the same place because it isn't your path, we didn't start from the same place and aren't having the same experiences. Buddha pointed this out to all who would listen, Jesus wasn't quite so enlightened: he was still stuck on the path running through him.

About the only danger that I can see coming from enlightenment is developing a taste for bad puns and giving in to the temptation to tweak the young'uns occasionally. A truly enlightened soul is loathe to give advice usually, and has no use for followers or believers. As far as chakra energies go, misusing them is its own punishment eventually.

many times in tis thread people have asserted that "old souls" or the idea therof is somehow discriminatory to young ones. On some levels, we're all equal, but on others we're not: that's reality. But as everyone whose words would be indicative of their being an old soul has said, being old by itself is no great shakes, survive enough lifetimes and you're there. Doesn't mean you're superior. Superiority comes from what you do with what you have, a young spirit has the potential to be "superior" to an old.

But the whole idea of superiority is only of importance to the young. There are so many ways to be superior....to which are you referring? All illusional and temporary. If you think I'm superior because I'm older, fine by me, but understand I don't claim it and you'll have to argue with yourself about it.

But never, ever fear enlightment. It's emotionally painful at first, but surviveable and worth it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
As far as chakra energies go, misusing them is its own punishment eventually.

But never, ever fear enlightment. It's emotionally painful at first, but surviveable and worth it.

I cant agree more, I cant state enough how misuse of the chakras is its own punishment eventually. Very good line you have here, thank you. A punishment very hard to bear I would say.

As for fear of enligtenment, no there should be no fear but this is easier said than done! Try saying that to someone whos 3rd eye has just opened...that can be quite frightening I think if you dont know whats happening. Yes its painful, is it worth it in the end? I dont know I'll tell you if and when I ever get there.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is exactly what I seek! I Will never fear That Which I Am! Further I Will Envision my earthly brethren finding their truth and living in Peace on a paradise earth. We fear the truth of our existence, separating us from Oneness. From fear our Darkness reigns. We fear the future weighing it according to the past. Never having Peace in the Now!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join