It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin..."he's just another one making a living selling books that treat folks to a tale

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
reply to post by ORIPEIA

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix ( and am even hopeful nobody will bite my head off for doing so ) ...

Can I throw my take on this? While I don't know about the author (you can stop here if you want) I've glanced at what's supposedly translated on the net and if we are talking about this concerning Nephilim, then I've actually been researching lately. My main basis was the giants mentioned in Genesis 6 of my KJV Bible.

I'm just gonna type out some of this..

Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
(keep in mind it's the same oldtimey translation.)

The new translation goes like this...

"Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. Then the Lord said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.[1]

Wiki Link

So he may have not been far off. The theory is God flooded the earth because of the wickedness that was involved with the fallen angels or Nephilim or the Sons of God mating with the humans. Noah, we see his ancestors straight up to Adam so he possibly could have been pure blooded or maybe even just the most righteous in a time of great wickedness. Noah is also a direct descendant of Enoch and in the Book of Enoch, (included in certain Ethiopian sects, but also found along with the Dead Sea Scrolls) Enoch talks about them aswell. This is just based on a religious stand point but interesting none the less.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Boogley]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn on page 4:
".. as told by Sitchin are brilliant elaborations to make going to Hell seem more attractive and mysterious to dumb people. His books in general should probably be considered the real NWO playbook and basic story line ... Its obvious to me that he's been a part of this plot to enslave in the inhabitants of the world for many decades now."

Sorry, but it is not at all obvious to me. Your post is an interesting approach, but, excuse me, Sitchin is actually explaining and uncovering the NWO’s roots, but in no way supporting the NWO. Uncovering something is not supporting it. So wherein do you exactly see a support of the NWO agenda by Sitchin??? Would you care to explain?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I agree with you somewhat but their is something we can not ignore. Hieroglyphic images of modern-day helicopter, submarines, and UFOs found on the ceiling of a 3000-year old New Kingdom Temple in Egypt.

crystalinks.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have a question for the ATS crowd.

Does everyone here have a 2012 link listed just below the profile, members, memcenter buttons listed above? I've noticed this lately and wondered why? Perhaps ATS is attempting to get people to read about it or is it just listed there for the ones who have commented on it before? I've commented on it in the past when others brought it up, though don't believe in creating a mass hysteria.

So I avoid the 2012 topic. I have my own ideas/beliefs on the matter though no one knows for 'sure' what will happen on 2012 and I don't believe it's a very healthy thing to have on your mind these days. I've spoken to those who claim to have 'intelligence' on the matter and have done my own research though I personally have NOT verified it for myself. There are enough problems in the 'present' to worry too much about the future.

I will be following it closely and if I have verification/proof, then at that time I will comment on it. Even if one did have proof/verification, I still believe it's too early to cause a Global panic over something that may or may not happen 4 years from now. I'll wait until early 2012 to comment on it, though by then, unfortunately, the internet may very be censored to a large extent. I just don't see a reason to cause mass hysteria over the matter. This year alone, many will find enough to panic about with the upcoming Depression and resulting chaos of which should last for quite some time.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex on page 4:

Originally posted by CoolBlackHole
Sorry, but don't just keep on asking further questions. Some answers or arguments would be nice.

"I can ask as many questions as I want...."

Of course, by all means. What I actually meant was, there's a certain 'technique' of asking questions that only serves to dodge around a real discussion. And insofar, excuse me, it's my feeling you're not exceedingly interested in leading a substantial discussion about Sitchin but only in negating all about him. But this is of course only my personal perception, so in case I'm wrong, I apologize, but it is my impression.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeathermanHe also claims that human descendants of these "gods" killed themselves off 4000 years ago, with nuclear weapons, despite the fact that there is no evidence to sunstantiate this outrageous theory.

In fact, there is www.rense.com...

But that doesn't mean I believe the rest of his story

[edit on 22-1-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I don't suppose radioactive contamination could have anything to do with this:

According to a Press Trust of India (PTI) report, the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) is considering decommissioning Unit 1 of the Rajasthan Atomic Power Station (RAPS-1). RAPS-1 was originally shut down on 4 March 1982 after technicians discovered a leakage in the south end-shield. The unit was restarted in February 1985 after technicians attempted to seal the leak with the use of remote robots and chemicals. However, the unit was down again three months later when additional cracks appeared in other locations.
www.nti.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious

Sitchin alone can look at a Sumerian tablet and see that it depicts a man being subjected to radiation. He alone knows how to correctly translate ancient terms allowing him to discover such things as that the ancients made rockets (ibid., p. 46).* Yet, he doesn't seem to know that the seasons are caused by the earth's tilt, not by its distance from the sun.

I'm all for debunking but when the debunker debunks themselves they lose all credibility and just become another hate monger.

The reason they give for the season's is also incorrect.

The reason is because the distance between the earth and the sun affects the amount of radiation received to that area of the planet. If it is tilted toward the sun then it receives more radiation from the sun because it is closer to the sun and hence what we call summer, away is less exposure and winter occurs.

So in fact the debunker is more wrong than this zach guy he's trying to debunk. According to the way he worded it if the planet never tilted there would be no seasons which is false there would be seasons they would just never change.

The reason for seasons IS the axial tilt of the Earth. To be more precise, they are caused by the incident angle at which the axial tilt causes the sunlight to strike the surface of the Earth. The closer the surface is to 90 degrees incidence to the sun, the warmer that section of surface gets. Summer, we're tilted towards the sun, winter we're tilted away from it. That's also why the equator is warmer than the poles, as the sun tends to strike the poles at a much more shallow angle than at the equator, due to the curvature of the Earth.

nenothtu out

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The solar system couldn't have survived a planet passing through it every 3600 years as the gravitational pertabations would disrupt the near circular orbits of the known planets . The solar system would be in chaos at best or one very large asteroid belt at worst.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Boring2005

I sent you a U2U. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Possibly, good to see that link. now I don't believe him 100%

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The problem with these Fringe Guys like Sitchin is that he doesnt stick to one single area of research.

He had a good going on the Annunaki. (Though all stuff he "translated" just pointed out his sumerian cuneform illiteracy) But he destroyed all his credibility by adding to the stew ever fringe worthy subject found on planet earth..from pyraminds to 2012.

he should have stuck to one subject!

His books were a good read, as fiction.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
The problem with these Fringe Guys like Sitchin is that he doesnt stick to one single area of research.

He had a good going on the Annunaki. (Though all stuff he "translated" just pointed out his sumerian cuneform illiteracy) But he destroyed all his credibility by adding to the stew ever fringe worthy subject found on planet earth..from pyraminds to 2012.

he should have stuck to one subject!

His books were a good read, as fiction.

Sitchin got a boost in popularity after the French "Morning of the Magicians"
and then Von Daniken's "Chariot of the Gods" became bestsellers in the late 60s. Mixing archeology, mysticism, aliens, wonky SF, the Bible - became a sub-industry. The better selling authorsbecame minor celebrities with small but loyal followers.

So what's guy in his 80s like Z Sitchin to do in the light of his late found fame? His audience craves more and more outrageousness in the name of research and he provides it.

Likely he believed most of what he said at the beginning. Getting even wilder with his claims just gets him more attention and readership, so he goes for it.

A harmless delusional clown of a scholar who made a better buck and got more recognition than the serious academics in the field.

Maybe he'll explain who genetically seeded the alien race on that other planet one day.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I consider John Smith = to Billy Meier - - - accept Smith followed orders.

Sorry - - probably a subject of discussion of its own.

And sorry to post two in a row. But great subject and really deserves a thread.

Smith is the champion of modern religion creations based on schrizophrenic episodes.

Not even 200 years old and 3.5 Million serious followers.

As wonky as Sitchin but much better marketing.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
A number of people have been questioning Sitchin's credibility as a scholar, but these people often forget that breakthroughs in knowledge do not necessarily need to be discovered by people who have academic degrees.

Take George Smith, who was instrumental in our understanding of cuneiform today. He was born in a working-class family in Victorian England in the 19th century, when class ultimatey determined your 'place' in society. He did not have a degree, but spent countless hours in his spare time studying cuneiform tablets at the British Museum.

His greatest achievement was tranlsating the Chaldaean account of the Great Flood, which is better known as the final chapter of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

en.wikipedia.org...(assyriologist)

Again, as history has shown, it does not necessarily take a person with an academic degree to progress human knowledge.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Of course, by all means. What I actually meant was, there's a certain 'technique' of asking questions that only serves to dodge around a real discussion...

Before you accuse others of wanting to avoid discussion, notice that you have still not answered my question. Why ever could this be?

there is A LOT of evidence genetics manipulations DID take place in a harmful manner for us humans - actually a very disturbing issue.

This evidence being?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
For me the story or hypothesis of Sitchin is more believable than the story of the bible. What is the difference? Both books tell a story and people is freely to do they research. Probably now many people will found Sitchin story absurd without sense but that is the idea of faith until we find the truth. I hope in the future that other civilizations outside earth could sent us at least the real story.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Why do I get the feeling India were experimenting with nukes (illegally) and they're trying to cover it up with a Sitchinism (did I just make that up?
)?

As for Sitchin himself I have a feeling some of what he's saying is true, but he added some sensationalism just to sell his books.

I believe in "ancient astronauts". Whether they were called the Annunnaki and came from Nibiru I don't know. I firmly believe that the Bible is not about God, but aliens pretending to be God and it's all related.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Most of the time THE ONLY ONE MAN find a clue to the puzzle. The academic paper do not mean a thing. Today many young people getting out of college and can not sign his(her) name and spelled correctly. Bible it is a fraudulent book written by a pagan to please Cesar of Rome and the characters are fictional, but you would take my word for as I am not "certify" bible scholar and your religion is based on that book. You can believe in whatever you want to, but in my opinion his translations are closer to the truth that others.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join