It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin..."he's just another one making a living selling books that treat folks to a tale

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaman
just as a side note in closing,im glad they threw pluto out of our solr system cause i wouldnt want to go all the way out there to defend it should they ever get attaked

That's some funny stuff.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman on page 3:

Originally posted by CoolBlackHole
Nice try - factoring out the essential. Look at the WAY in which he's attacked - by ridiculing and distortions, but not by real arguments. That's mostly the case when somebody tells the truth.

So when Nibiru failed to turn up in 1998, 2000, 2003 etc.....that was the truth?

Nice try again. You're pointing out unessential facts (or even wrong facts, see one of the posts above regarding what Sitchin really said about the return date), but at the same time omit to mention the most essential fact, that is to say THERE IS(!) another planet! The latter is the gist of Sitchin's insights, not the exact date of an arrival.

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
No wonder his credibility is none short of crap

A great way of arguing.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have read all of Zecharia Sitchin's books in the Earth Chornicle series,and he gives better answers to some questions that I have asked,about how we were created by beings from another planet.Even if that planet,Nibiru,has an orbit of 3600 years,every time it goes around the sun.Besides he has a better insight into what he is talking about,than you do.Because it seems that you have not read all nine of his books in that series,toreally understand what is being talked about.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think I can pretty much sum all of this up...."Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

When it comes down to it none of us really know anything. This man is probably no more incorrect than those that wrote the bible.

Our universe is a vast entity. The exploration we have done so far is the equivalent of a speck of dust in the vastness of space. At this point in time, we only know a fraction of what is contained in our solar system. There could definitely be a Nibiru...there isn't enough proof to deny or prove that it exists. Kind of like god and many other things.

I like to think of history, especially ancient, like an activity I played in elementary school. The teacher sat us in a circle and one student was a given a message to pass around by mouth, like telling a secret. The message continued through each individual student until returning to the one who originated the message. By the time the message had come full circle, it only resembled bits and pieces of the original message. I remember doing this activity several times with the same result.

If you really want the truth about the past, you have to look in to it for yourself. There are far too many answers to our origins at this point and I think we are deliberately being misled. We have UFO's, rock formations, stonehenge, guidstones, pyramids, etc...all of which there are more than meets the eye. There are far too many "crazy theories" that are far more truthful than untrue.

Traditions, cultures, beliefs, origins we have all learned either by word of mouth, read in a book, tv, etc. All are based on what the "teller" wanted you to read and believe. History has not only been written, but I think "rewritten" several times. Things do not add up anymore...

Don't be so quick to discredit a man who has devoted over half of his life to "crazy theories." Remember that once people believed the world was flat...
These "professionals" studying his work might be right, but they might be wrong also. I personally have never read the man's books, but I think the guy is definitely on to something...His writings do sound like the work of science fiction, but keep in mind that a lot of what what was science fiction is now science fact.

I could go on and on, but I think it would be best if I started my own thread lol. One thing for sure is, if this guy is right about what he has been studying for such a long time, we will know in 5 months.

Remember..."All the world's a stage."

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex on page 3

In my honest opinion his writings are surprisingly precise and convincing...

That just tells me why you accept his conclusions.

Because they're logical and well documented. I gave you 2 examples.

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
It does not tell us why you think he is the only accurate scholar. Out of curiousity, how many other scholars have you read regarding Sumerian myth?

Sorry, but don't just keep on asking further questions. Some answers or arguments would be nice. It'd e.g. be your turn to explain why he is not(!) accurate. But please: don't just pick any supertiny details, but something essential.

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Additionally one must say only an accurate and precise author could become that successfull.

Really now? There are authors, accurate and precise and talented, who languish in obscurity, and authors who become bestselling phenomenons while being mediocre talents and often selling lies. Mein Kampf, for instance, is a far best-seller still than anything Sitchin has produced. Again, the number of people believing in something does not reflect its validity.

Very funny, but wrong: Hitler didn't become famous being an author, but being a crazy statesman. Other examples?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks again to you oh great OZ for saying what I have been thinking for a long time. Stuff like Sitchin is fun to read, much like the National Enquirer that sits next to my toilet. There is a reason it sits next to my toilet and that is because I like to keep 'similar' things together. I just read him for what he truly is... cheap entertainment.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

I haven't read any books that Sitchen has written. At most, because I'm familiar with some of what was discussed with Sumerian interpretation, I've heard of his theories through, presumably, YouTube videos or other's that believe the same as him.

The guy is probably crazy. But, given his theory on aliens seeding Earth and the Christian God creating it in 7 days ... I think Sitchin's theory sounds more plausible.

Crazy? Probably. But, no more crazy than MOST modern religions. So, pick one thing to believe in and go with it ... or, you can just keep arguing how crazy someone is. That'd be fine with me too.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The only thing that draws me to the Sumerian tablets was the one with the solar system etched out. That is pretty amazing considering the technology then. Other then that, who is anyone to say what it means or how credible it is. whether Sumerian texts, bible, etc,,,,its all just ancient works we have no way of telling are true or not. Why argue when neither side knows the truth?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I think I can pretty much sum all of this up...."Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

------------------------------------------------

How about ....."Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oz,

I actually don't think that very many people literally believe in Sitchin's fantasy. At least I hope not as it would greatly reduce my estimation of the average persons intelligence.

I've thought for some time that often these things are just diversions or entertainment and those into this know in the back of their minds, that there is little to no chance of it being true.

But then, as P.T. Barnum is reputed to have said; "Nobody has ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the American public". I'd suppose that could be applied to the rest of the World.

I do agree about him and in my humble opinion he is either a fraud or has deluded himself into believing his own fantasy. If it walks like a duck.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
While I don't believe Sitchin, I would like to point out, like some others have, that it appears at some time in Earth's past there was some great cataclysm that produced a great amount of heat. Whether it was a nuclear war or not is another question. There are however, deserts, and stone forts and cities that have been vitrified. There have also been found large areas of dead animals from Siberia to the eastern end of North America that all just seemed to die suddenly. Interestingly they were all found within the same rock stratum, yet those in the Eastern end of the North America were dated to be much younger using radiocarbon dating than those elsewhere, which could be explained by some sort of nuclear event if it was centered in eastern North America.

I would also like to point out that historians (particularly Egyptoligists) sometimes throw out evidence if it doesn't support their theories. I know this is a bad example I'm about to give as I can't remember most of the details, so hopefully someone can fill in the blanks for me. There were two people writing a book that proposed an alternative history for Egypt during which they performed a test to date the pyramids (I think) and the results said that they were much older than modern history said. It was then argued that the tests had been done wrong so they performed them twice more and each time they gave the same result. So, then the academic world claimed that since they weren't PhD.s that their analysis was wrong.

Then of course there are the Ica Stones. The common belief by historians is that these are a hoax simply because what is depicted on them throws accepted history out the window. The man who discovered them also claimed to the police that they were a hoax, but later recanted this claim and says he only said it so he didn't go to prison. And this does seem very likely to be the true story. If you compare known hoaxes with ones that are claimed to be legitimate there is a very key difference. The real ones are covered in an enamel that takes thousands of years to form and this is what was scraped away to create the drawings on the stones. However, this same enamel has built up again in the areas that were scraped away, meaning the drawing had to have been done thousands of years ago.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that there is a good chance that history is different from what we believe it to be. This does not however, mean Sitchin is right. There are plenty of places where his interpretations are just wrong, but luckily for him so few people can read Summerian and so none of his readers can go back and check his work, so as long as he makes himself out to be an expert and presents a seemingly logical theory people will believe him.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
He also claims that human descendants of these "gods" killed themselves off 4000 years ago, with nuclear weapons, despite the fact that there is no evidence to sunstantiate this outrageous theory.

Well, there seems to be some "glass covered plains" in various locations on the planet that have indentical appearance to plains of glass that happened in desert tests of The Bomb... [shrug]

Here is a thread that gives a link to a book in PDF in the first link in the OP:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The glass and the locations and so on are discussed in the book. I found the book to be an excellent read.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stress
The only thing that draws me to the Sumerian tablets was the one with the solar system etched out.

Clear your mind of the ideas that others have planted there. Look at that image once again. Think about when it was created. What possible reason could there be to assume it is the Solar System? Any reason that it could not be the Sun and Stars or just various Stars or Planets to represent a night sky? Sitchin was not there so he is just guessing or I think making the evidence fit the theory that benefits him personally.

I don't know if the following source is already linked in the thread. If it is please forgive.

Good info from an arlternate, more believable source on Niburu.

Fortunately for scholars and other interested parties, the work of the studies above and the editors of the monumental Chicago Assyrian Dictionary (= CAD hereafter) have located and compiled all the places where the word “nibiru” and related forms of that word occur in extant tablets. A look at the CAD entry (volume “N-2”, pp. 145-147) tells us immediately that the word has a variety of meanings, all related to the idea of “crossing” or being some sort of “crossing marker” or “crossing point”. In only a minority of cases (those references in astronomical texts) does the word relate to an astronomical body. Below is a brief overview of the word’s meanings outside our immediate interest, followed by specific meanings and references in the astronomical texts.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
May of 2003 is long gone by the way.

Source Document

Those familiar with either the writings of Zecharia Sitchin or the current internet rantings about “the return of Planet X” are likely familiar with the word “nibiru”. According to self-proclaimed ancient languages scholar Zecharia Sitchin, the Sumerians knew of an extra planet beyond Pluto. This extra planet was called Nibiru. Sitchin goes on to claim that Nibiru passes through our solar system every 3600 years. Some believers in Sitchin’s theory contend that Nibiru will return soon – May of 2003 to be exact.

How many times does the mythological Planet X have to fail to show up before intelligent people conclude it is what it is, a myth?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
first of all, and i have posted this many times, if the 12th planet doesnt exsist, then neither does geometry, or our time and distance measurment system, agriculture or medicine. all these were brought to us from the Great Ones. the evidence is everywhere in our society.

no 12th planet, no modern society, its that simple....

ats is loaded full of internet trolls now, so beware of propaganda.

BTW NIBIRU IS RETURNING SOON

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Because they're logical and well documented. I gave you 2 examples.

There is very little logic in Sitchin's work, actually. If Nibiru has a 3600 year orbit and will return in mere decades, we should see evidence of it in historic, archaeological and even our geologic record. But we don't.

Sorry, but don't just keep on asking further questions. Some answers or arguments would be nice.

I can ask as many questions as I want. You cannot dictate the rules of the discussion. The question I asked was to establish on what basis you determine Sitchin to be the only accurate scholar, and all others are wrong. One cannot help but to notice you refused to answer my question, and we can safely draw the conclusion that you have not read any scholar and your sole source regarding Sumeria is Sitchin.

Further, Oz and others have laid out why we do not take Sitchin to be credible or even a "scholar" regarding Sumeria. You are the one defending him and have made some extraordinary claims in regards to Sitchin; therefore the onus is on you to back up those claims.

Additionally one must say only an accurate and precise author could become that successfull.

Very funny, but wrong: Hitler didn't become famous being an author, but being a crazy statesman. Other examples?

I'm sorry, but as you can see from the above, from your own statement you did not say what kind of author we are talking about, just that only an author precise and accurate could be successful. You attempt to change the rules because my example proves you wrong. Hitler was an author and his book was very successful before and during his rise to power. One not need to be right to find success in the writing industry. A falsehood is still a falsehood no matter how many people believe it...or buy the book as the case may be.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
May of 2003 is long gone by the way.

Source Document

Those familiar with either the writings of Zecharia Sitchin or the current internet rantings about “the return of Planet X” are likely familiar with the word “nibiru”. According to self-proclaimed ancient languages scholar Zecharia Sitchin, the Sumerians knew of an extra planet beyond Pluto. This extra planet was called Nibiru. Sitchin goes on to claim that Nibiru passes through our solar system every 3600 years. Some believers in Sitchin’s theory contend that Nibiru will return soon – May of 2003 to be exact.

How many times does the mythological Planet X have to fail to show up before intelligent people conclude it is what it is, a myth?

What you quoted stated that some of his believers contend that it will appear in May of 2003. When did it state that Sitchin predicted in May of 2003 Nibiru will retrurn?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Sitchin is a crank but so were the so called ancient biblical scholars (oxymoron)!Lmao what a joke

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sitchin isn't a crackpot he is describing a mirror reflection of an integrated reality. Nibiru is Eden's dark reflection. Aliens are the reflection of God's angelic host. Mankind being created in a lab using a female APE (The Great Whore) are the reflection of the male impregnating the female like every other life form.

Aliens, Nibiru, origins of mankind as told by Sitchin are brilliant elaborations to make going to Hell seem more attractive and mysterious to dumb people.

His books in general should probably be considered the real NWO playbook and basic story line. Its all subterfuge. Even though I don't know what the NWO is, for the purposes of this post please assume that it is the bad one.

I figure it like this...Nibiru brings destruction. Real people who are alive today would really enjoy blanketing the planet with nuclear weapons. Noone wants to stand trial for the deaths of 4 Billion people so the bad guys obviously want to establish upfront that aliens did it; the Sumerians did the same thing. Zecharia Sitchin writes a book to support this. Its obvious to me that he's been a part of this plot to enslave in the inhabitants of the world for many decades now.

You'll notice that the Sun has to rise in the West before Nibiru returns...That's the major sign for which the "Aliens" are waiting to begin their attack. They've had some setbacks so they've apparently pushed the date back to 2012. It won't happen then either, but many fools will die trying.

From another point of view the "Aliens" of Sitchin are called Gog/Magog. The current "War on Terror" has many facets, but the one applicable to this thread is that it was to "turn off the lights" or make the Sun could rise in the West or stated another way to put the people of Earth to sleep so that the "Aliens" can do their thing. After they hit you, some group will be portrayed as the hero that destroyed the invading "Aliens" and rewarded with power and authority. You will all thank them.

Zecharia Sitchin never establish the EXACT times Nibiru last appeared. If he had you would notice that it probably corresponds to the collapse of the target society. I suppose by leaving out this useful piece of information, the planners of this atrocity can be flexibe in their timing and hide all the other crimes that they have committed using the same textbook strategy.

Nibiru is the mirror reflection of Eden, but they are both Earth. Diametrically opposed potential eternities.

The thing about Sitchin is that he was obviously receiving his information from some kind of Strategic Defense planner for the bad guys and his role was to put out these books to indoctrinate imbeciles into a very dark plot. To produce a standard script so that you could all discuss your conspiracy openly. A secret language of sorts.

Being overly disappointment with Sitchin probably means that you were a part of this plot on some level and are beginning to realize that it ain't gonna happen. Not because he didn't know what he was talking about, but because his team encountered something they couldn't comprehend or overcome and they lost.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ORIPEIA

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix ( and am even hopeful nobody will bite my head off for doing so ) ...

I am currently reading a very strange book entitled, 'Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson,' author, George Gurdjieff.

Gurdjieff was born in Armenia sometime around 1870 and lived until about 1950. He claims that in his younger days he came across a map of 'pre-sands Egypt.' This map was somehow instrumental in bringing him into contact with what he described as an 'ancient and very secret brotherhood' which maintained ( here on Earth ) four 'secret monastaries,' one of which, located about 16-days ride on horseback from a town on the northern Ganges river, hence somewhere in the Himalayas, he claims once to have visited for an undisclosed period of time. Indications from his writings are that Tibetan was spoken there. He claims, while present at this place, to have seen with his own eyes incontrovertible evidence of the presence of 'off-world' or 'alien' technology and 'scientific information' in the form of books.

What he says he learned while at this monestary became the basis of Gurdjieff's teachings which eventually reached millions of people. His institutes still operate today ...

As I say, I just throw this into the mix so as to illustrate the fact that Sitchin, Von Daniken, et al. are not the only ones, nor are they by any means the first to have advanced theories to the effect that the development of human culture here on Earth has been influenced by 'off-world elements' since very ancient times.

For what it is worth, my own exposure to certain Tibetan teachings, which contain numerous references to such things as, 'sky goers,' 'sky-dwellers,' 'city of science' ( located somewhere in the sky ), 'science holders,' as well as the inexplicably profound and totally unique understanding and models of human mentation these ancient teachings contain, convince me beyond any doubt that Von Daniken, et al., are correct, and that Gurdjieff was probably telling something not too far from the truth ...

To wrap up this post I will just mention that in 'Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson,' Gurdjieff speaks extensively about some kind of genetic modification that was performed in very ancient times on the original human genome to produce a very specific effect. And that then later on these modifications were somehow 'removed' to restore the genome to its original condition. But, according to Gurdjieff, the 'damage,' so to speak, had already been done, somehow to our 'psyches,' and that it was due to this 'residual psychic damage' that human beings basically feel it's ok to indiscriminately kill other living beings, which is somehow the cause of all our problems in today's modern world ...

I know it's weird, but it almost kind of makes a strange kind of sense to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join