It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin..."he's just another one making a living selling books that treat folks to a tale

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's amazing how easily people can ignored the words of learned scholars, but completely hold on to wild theories created by less educated people who stand to make money off of them.

P.T. Barnum was pretty much spot on.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

here is a short example, after a brief search... of some criticisms he has received.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 21/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
One or two friends insist that Sitchin is right and that scientists can't handle the 'Truth.' It appeals to their world view. Nowadays I just leave them to it. In the past all my attempts to show them the other side of the argument were met with a refusal. If they read both sides and still believe in Sitchin; surely they'd validate him?

I'm too polite to make personal criticisms of the guy. Based on all I've read, I'm entirely sure that he is wrong. Not mistaken, not misinterpreted; just wrong. It's improbable that anyone can read the unanimous academic dismissal of his vagrant planet and still believe him. That they can still believe him indicates that they don't read both sides.

The accusations that everyone is scared of the truth and burying their head in the sands seems more like a reflection of themselves. Sadly, 2012 passing without marauding planets and a notable lack of visitors won't be enough to make them 'disclose' that it was all BS (book sales)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
so the digrams of the solar system comparison from then and now arent even a little bit interesting?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
well on the translation issue im sure many people that can read hebrew and latin roll their eyes at the english version of the bible. So let me get this straight gods visiting the planet and man is crazy so long as it is not christian? we have proof that the summarians lived in their cities but no evidence of any Nazareth before jesus.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
HOLD UP!

This thread is completely useless! The OP came here with already preformed opinions yet asks for our thoughts... how is that useful? Our thoughts do not and will not matter to you, if they did you would be asking us not just spouting off your opinions this is the equivalent to a doomsday street preacher. This thread is simply just passive vitriolic trolling. He presents no new material, asks no real questions, and arrives here with a conclusion. Not even a "hey maybe im wrong here but prove it" just BLAH BLAH BLAH wrong! blah blah blah right!

to the OP there are many a man in this world that studied one topic in college yet find themselves in a whole other industry and successful. So that argument fails and plus what makes a "REAL" ..."sumerian ancient txt scholar".

I dont know maybe its just me but the prevalence of these types of threads on ATS is bit of a downer, and are no fun. I guess thats why ohh maybe once a month an actual thread bubbles up to the top.

"One cannot be right if all others are wrong. One should approach matters of argue with question and open." - Don Bueno

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn on page 1
"Wow, I can tell that you have not yet read any of his books yet. It always amazes me when people debunk books without actually reading them. It's a great trick of professional debunkers and fundamentalist Christians...."

RIGHT! For some posters this thread is obviously more about ridiculing (e.g. on page 1: “….so he makes sure hes 6ft under when nothing happens in 2012.”, "“He even has a built in fail safe. He will probably be dead before 2012 - he was born in 1922.”) and distorting Sitchin’s insights (e.g. on page 1: “…Obviously none of it is specifically stated…”) than about really discussing the subject. Truth is Sitchin is an excellent researcher. Obviously he's attacked BECAUSE HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH. I’d very much advise everybody to read Sitchin’s books/his website/websites about him. He's probably the most accurate researcher of ancient times. ONLY who reads his works will find out what really happened in early history of mankind!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
sitchin may be somewhat of a crackpot and some of his theories may be lame.. but there have been a few things that science have proven.. liek the sumerieans did know quite a bit about the solar system.. and the fact that earth was wacked by another body about the size of mars.. which science is saying now, really happened..called nemesis..

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ive read a couple of his books. Then I chatted with a College professor about Sitchen. His command of the Sumerian language is lousy at best. The Alien crap and the gold mines sell books, but they have no basis in fact.

Sorry Sitchen, I will read Arthur C Clark if I want science fiction.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungStalin
If he had a PhD and wrote his books would it be better? When There is proof there that the summarians knew about all the planets without telescopes.how is that possible? And that does not come from translation it was drawn. how did they know about all the planets, the asteroid belt and uranus being on its side?

Please show us, outside of Sitchin and Daniken, where the Sumerians had this knowledge? A mainstream source?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911fnord
The OP came here with already preformed opinions yet asks for our thoughts... how is that useful?

Exactly right

I did ask for thoughts, and people are expressing their thoughts. Im not criticising them for having a differing opinion to mine, Im simply providing an alternative explanation for why I believe what I do, with evidence to back up my claims.

Dont like it, then why even bother coming to ATS in the first place, its obvious you dont like it when someone has a different view to you

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolBlackHole
Obviously he's attacked BECAUSE HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH.

You're right. It could not be because he is wrong.

Originally posted by CoolBlackHole
He's probably the most accurate researcher of ancient times.

And you judge this on what basis?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungStalin
So let me get this straight gods visiting the planet and man is crazy so long as it is not christian? we have proof that the summarians lived in their cities but no evidence of any Nazareth before jesus.

A very poor strawman argument, and the second time it has been brought up in this thread. No one brought up anything about Christianity or attacked Sitchin for forwarding theories that are contrary to Christianity. Quite simply, Christianity and it's followers beliefs have nothing to do with this topic.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Not sure about the whole summerian thing but there is evidence that nuclear devices were detonated in India thousands of years ago... I will try to dig it up

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I did ask for thoughts, and people are expressing their thoughts. Im not criticising them for having a differing opinion to mine, Im simply providing an alternative explanation for why I believe what I do, with evidence to back up my claims.

Oz, it's just another in the recent and tiresome meme that skeptics are not allowed to hold opinions or draw conclusions. Otherwise they are a disinformation agent, pseudoskeptic or whatever...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 911fnord

dude, you are clearly much smarter than any one here. it just makes me wonder why you spend all that time with a reply,or did ya maybe just want to show us that you were much smarter?anyway i hope there are sites out there for smart folks like yall

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

good thread discussing evidence of ancient nuclear war. ub india I can't say anything about the summerian text translations..but the evidence suggest that it had happened long long ago.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
www.abovetopsecret.com...

good thread discussing evidence of ancient nuclear war. ub india I can't say anything about the summerian text translations..but the evidence suggest that it had happened long long ago.

Thanks for that, I was just reading it actually.

The article in the original post doesnt actually provide any supporting evidence of the "radioactive material" coming from a man made source. The information seems to have been interpreted biased as well, but I guess there isnt enough of that thought to consider that conclusive.

Considering Indias nuclear history, it wouldnt surprise me if the government over there did underground nuclear tests close to the ancient ruins, but again, I doubt this will be ever determined

Thanks for the link

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
funny thing how people dismiss Sitchin and alike (Velikovsky comes to my mind) but in the same time believe in crap like dark matter and black holes

I'm not saying Sitchin is right

I'm just saying that people should be more open minded

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
xcavations of Mohen Jo Daro in North India revealed towns which had been completely destroyed quite unexpectedly!! There were no traces of natural disasters or wars! Scientists Davneport and Vincenti put forward a theory saying the ruins were of a nuclear blast as they found big stratums of clay and green glass. High temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

oppeinheimer stated when asked how he felt making worlds first atomic bomb and corrected the journalist "the worlds first modern atomic bomb" he has reportedly claimed many hindu manuscripts contain detailed specs on how a nuclear weapon is made.................................. I will try to get my hands on a good biography

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join