It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Big Oil attacking the science of Global Warming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by Europe
Is global warming just another way to get money out of your pockets?
Answer: yes

Is denial of the human role in rapid climate change just another way to get money out of your pockets?
Answer: yes

1) He never denied climate change.

2) Is it just a coincidence that the first year in 300 that the sun has no sunspots and is therefore less active coincides with a global drop in temperature over the past decade. This alleviates mankind of quite a bit of the guilt that pro Global Warming groups are trying to lay on us in order to keep their multi billion dollar industry flourishing.

Things have to change.. and there will be massive changes into green energies in the next decade but there is so much wrong with the Manmade Global Warming idea that it is losing a lot of its credibility for those that know little about it... and completely collapsing for those who have researched it.

The Earths temperature has been fluctuating constantly for billions of years.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
We've known this for a while, unfortunately big oil and the soon to be previous administration have been attempting to obfuscate the science in order to retain profits. Luckily leaks such as those in OP's post have uncovered this. I think, unfortunately, from looking at the posts here that Bush and corporations have succeeded in their goal of spreading doubt over the science of global warming. Hell, they've made it into a political issue when it's not.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
And getting people to call it "The science of global warming" is an example of the psychological tricks of the other side.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas

Originally posted by rizla
reply to post by zerozero00

[...]Whether you believe Global Warming is a fact or not, the process Big Oil is using to alter the debate is enlightening.

Oh yes, I'll agree with that. Everybody does that!
BTW in the the links you gave me he does NOT admit that climate change is happening:

Luntz: "It's now 2006. I think most people would conclude that there is global warming taking place and that the behavior of humans are (sic) affecting the climate."

"Most people would conclude" does not mean, "I believe" or "is fact"!

The point I'm trying to make is: not only read and listen but also listen precisely to what is being said and what you are being led to believe. They are usually different.

Doh. Then why don't you watch the video I posted? You expect me to transcribe everything for you because you are to cheap to watch a streaming vid? Or maybe you just don't want to watch it?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Why would Big Oil attack Global Warming in the first place?

By preventing the drilling of oil and using legislation to create scarcity, the demand for oil just increases and so does the price.

Not only does the price increase, but big oil doesn't have to explore as much because their reserves would last longer.

Global warming is a huge money maker for big oil and oil suppliers. It also makes for their market to last much longer so they can wring us far into the future.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
Why would Big Oil attack Global Warming in the first place?

By preventing the drilling of oil and using legislation to create scarcity, the demand for oil just increases and so does the price.

Not only does the price increase, but big oil doesn't have to explore as much because their reserves would last longer.

Global warming is a huge money maker for big oil and oil suppliers. It also makes for their market to last much longer so they can wring us far into the future.

Yes but demand would plummet in 5 years or so when countries all turn on their new green energy production tech. Large scale production of hydrogen cars in 10-15 years would then all but wipe them out.

Rising oil prices last year saw a burst for green power across the globe. How does that help the Oilers in the long run?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
www.mlive.com...

I think this is more to the point!!

We are heading into another Ice-Age no doubt!

Its fecking freezing here in the UK!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You're all crazy. It's pointless talking to you. You don't even watch 5 minutes of video.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00

We are heading into another Ice-Age no doubt!

Its fecking freezing here in the UK!!

It's called winter
I bet in a few mnths time is warm again

Anyway, Big Oil has changed it's tune

[url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/oil-giant-comes-in-from-the-cold-1297558.html] Source [/url

The boss of ExxonMobil, the world's largest oil company, has called for a carbon tax to tackle global warming, marking a volte-face by the firm once described by Greenpeace as Climate Criminal No 1. Assailed from all sides by scientists and a new cadre of US politicians, led by the President-elect, Barack Obama, the landmark concession by Rex Tillerson represents a nod to realpolitik after years when the company denied the existence of man-made global warming.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Doh. Then why don't you watch the video I posted? You expect me to transcribe everything for you because you are to cheap to watch a streaming vid? Or maybe you just don't want to watch it?

What "doh"?
I explained to you, that I can't watch anymore vids this month and asked you politely if you had links to material I can read to save the last couple of MB of my download quota.
You gave me links, I read them and I answered to them.

I don't know if big oil is attacking the so-called "science of global warming" but I do believe that the american government was. As I stated earlier in this thread everybody has an agenda and that it is very important to read between the lines so as not to miss what it is. That is of course, if you don't want to be a sheeple.

BB,
Samuel

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join