It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military report warns sudden collapse of Mexico is possible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hello all,

And one more thing........

Pleas stop thinking that Mexico wants to be a part of the US of A It does not!!!

The biggest friend to the good people of America are the thieving governing politicians of Mexico.

The wolves of Mexico do not want others in their loot.

So you are not alone in your fight to keep the US of A and the US of M apart.

Try to keep that in mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sooner or later, a North American Community will become a reality. Notice the term Community instead of Union. I highly recommend reading the 2005 report from the Council on Foreign Relations. You can download the PDF here www.cfr.org...

I am not saying that I endorse this, still this report is the agreed upon blueprint that all three countries are working on behind the scenes. Many themes that were touched upon here, get clarified and expanded.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
if mexico collapsed the drug cartels would take over and then the US military would have to go in and clean them out.

then Mexico would become a protectorate like Puerto Rico or Guam

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Then we could exploit the oil. farmlands and mineral resources and use them for a cheap labor source in Mexico not in the US.
The ONES in the US would no longer work as cheap labor if they were US citizens. they would unionize and demand higher wages. Just like the United Farm Workers have done in the US southwest.

Yes some would come to the US at first but many would find that US corporations once the US took over would make life so much better that They would go back for the new jobs there. especialty the ones that learned to speak english as they would make good low level management people for the US corporations

Taking over Mexico would make controlling it much easier.
And there is even a group in mexico that wants the US to take over.
They know that the drug cartels and the corruption and the elite rich running mexico would end and they would be in a much better run country with the US running mexico.

I don't know if you have been watching the news lately but it turns out that America is plunging the world down the toilet.

How in the world can you say that Mexico would be in better hand if it was taken over by the USA (not that you could you got your butts kicked last time you tried, not to mention that the only war Mexico has ever lost, and it has fought many, was against Texas before it was part of America and that was because it was full of Mexicans) You have destroyed your country by enslaving yourselves to credit. You have turned the most powerful country in the world into Chinas bitch, for crying out loud, and now you think you can take care of Mexican.

Son I have news for you........I'm just one Mexican and neither your government or that of Mexico's know what do do with me.

Don't just talk about taking over Mexico........come down here to Tijuana I got some friends who would love to meet you.

Oh but thats right, I forgot that you would rather send you sons and daughters off to fight and die while you strip yourselves of all your rights and freedoms.......nevermind.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Erasurehead

Arn't mexico on the poverty line already, what's below poverty?

Could be a whole new market to exploit labor instead of china
by companies like Nike.

Boy, oh boy,

You just don't understand do you.

You, YOU!!! The American!!! You don't have money any more!!!!

You have not had money for years now. You don't have a home to call your own. You don't have anything to stand up on, to lean on. For the past 12 years you have had nothing but CREDIT!!!

Now that your little piece of plastic is gone you are FOOCKED!! Mexico will have nothing to manufacture anymore, no matter how cheep the labor gets because you have no money to buy. anything any more.

STOCK FOOD!!!!

What is wrong with you people? You don't even understand simple economics.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am not a history buff and if I were not so lazy I guess I could Google it for me self, but isn't this kind sorta, sorta kinda like how England morphed the rest of the lands contained in its continental realm? It looks like it may be a move form the US to merge all the lands contained within its continental realm as one land. Since the Brits have claim to the United Kingdom maybe we should have a grand contest to see what we get to name our merged territories. I know I won't win but I like United States of Confusion and our national language could be Spanfranenglish.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Cthulwho

Actually one of the problems that Mexico is encountering now after the big boom of US companies moving to their country for cheap labor is that Mexico is starting to lose them to China and Asia as they are easier and better to deal with human right violation.

Interesting.

As China Gallops, Mexico Sees Factory Jobs Slip Away

query.nytimes.com...

Man you people are so living in the past......

There are no more American companies.......

They have all moved to China and are willing to suck some Major Chinese genitalia in the hops to become China's bitch companies.

In about 10 years China will be it's number one consumer. EX-USA companies did not go to china for cheep labor they went there to stay and survive and become Chinese companies.

Even your country as we speak is being mortgaged by China in just a few more years you will be living in the United States of China/India.

And you guys are worried about Mexico government colapsing......well I hat to tell you this but your country is gone it all ready fell and now it's being sold at pennies on the dollar.

But don't listen to me I'm just a dumb Mexican.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
All of this based on a prediction, by the military nonetheless.

Predictions about the future are always risky

www.elpasotimes.com...

I have family in southern Mexico that says that times are tough but they are fairing pretty well. They tell me that the drug cartels are causing trouble in the Northern parts of the country near the borders. I find it hard to believe that Mexico will collapse. If it does collapse it will be because the US collapse first. The military made a prediction and most predictions never become reality. Is there really a need to slam Mexico because of a prediction?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by SailorinAZ

America is not a democracy.

It is a democratic republic.

We elect officials who are "supposed" to vote for what we want for us.

Actually I don't think USA is either, at least in my thinking, USA is a very large corporation, we are just duped into thinking we have any say. Makes us all nice little slaves because we think we have choices.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
All of this based on a prediction, by the military nonetheless.

Predictions about the future are always risky

www.elpasotimes.com...

I have family in southern Mexico that says that times are tough but they are fairing pretty well. They tell me that the drug cartels are causing trouble in the Northern parts of the country near the borders. I find it hard to believe that Mexico will collapse. If it does collapse it will be because the US collapse first. The military made a prediction and most predictions never become reality. Is there really a need to slam Mexico because of a prediction?

Hello,

Your double-damned right there is a reason to slam Mexico......

It's because Mexico is one of the very few last standing Free countries in the world.

It's one of the last countries where the old government the (PRI) still holds control over Mexico. The USA helped get a new political party put in place the (PAN The party of change by the way) and now Mexico has it's own USA appointed puppet but the (PRI) still hold most of the strings.

When the (PAN) and the USA took down the drug kings of the Felix family the caused every small tribe of drug Patsies to fight for supremacy. Thats the war you see now. The old Felix family had all the old cops who were loyal to the (PRI) paid off a every thing used to be fine, Drugs got to the USA and no killing in the streets and every one had money in there pockets.

((For all the people reading this and frowning let me just tell you that Drugs will always go to America if some day they stop you will see an economic collapse that will make the credit crunch look like a slap on the wrist))

The more you bash Mexico the more people will feel it's OK to go in and make things right by implementing control. To eliminate freedom in Mexico and implement the double-think version that has ravaged the USA.

Mexico might be a poop hole but it's a double-damned free poop hole.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

You left out a few important things. You touched on the drugs connection so I want to add that the American government is the biggest drug dealer in the world. The only war on drugs they have is the war to maintain their control. They are going to need these drugs to keep six billion people sedated and controlled so you have to give them a little bit of a break. Addressing the freedom of Mexico; don’t be so sure that Mexico is as free a place as you think it is. Mexico like so many other countries in the world is controlled. What makes Mexico superior to America is that not as many of your people have not fell victim to the mental erosion afflicting the average America by the avenue of the airwaves. You have more free and independent thinkers. You have more people who are willing to make a stand and you have people that realize that you can’t take anything from me that I carry within myself. They are not burdened down with the material trappings that so many Americans have been brainwashed into believing has more value than their family or even themselves. Most American can skip the cost of a coffin and funeral. They have become vampires that live in a world of landfill producing junk in which they are completely buried. The country may be swallowed up into this abomination call a one world government but your people still have a chance of surviving as long as they keep their eye on what is really important.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The solution to the drug cartels is easy, as has already been pointed out. Legalize drugs, tax them, and return all the rights taken away in the foolish drug war. Legalizing drugs will take away the money and therefore the power of the drug cartels, and crime will drop tremendously. Let's face it, the drug wars are the biggest tool of the power mongers. This is where we must push for change.

The invasion of Mexico has already began, with all the retirees moving south of the border to find a cheaper area to retire with a nice comfortable climate. Mexico is already starting to get expensive, and many are pushing further south into Central America. Look at how well Costa Rica is doing economically.

The two nations will never merge, our cultures are too distinct, and there is no reason for a merger. It would be nice to see Unions form in Mexico to increase their wages and standards of living, as this is what Unions do.

Cheap labor is what is destroying the worlds economy. It is no good producing tons of cheap goods when no one has the money to buy them. The world economy has been depending on the U.S. to sink into debt in order to maintain demand, but this only works for so long, and that is where we are today. As the U.S. economy sinks, so does the worlds economy, as has been clearly seen over the last several months. Companies have been trying to take advantage of cheap Mexican labor for awhile now, but the Mexicans and latinos in general are not the ant like workers that the Chinese are, and after they see that they are not getting ahead for their efforts, they stop being so productive, and that is why Mexico's productivity has fallen behind.

Even China is starting to recognize that in order to develop some economic independence from the U.S. and Europe, that they are going to have to start raising wages and growing their own domestic demand. This is the direction that the developing world must go, and that includes Mexico and all of Latin
America.

At some point in time, we are all going to have to pull our heads out of our derrieres and start making the political changes necessary to forge ahead into the future.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

You keep insisting that "last time", Mexico handed the U.S.'s butt to her. Please educate me, as I've missed out on a war somewhere. The "last time" that I recall was that pesky little Mexican-American war, in the 19th century. It couldn't be that one, because Mexico signed over most of what is now the western U.S. ( what mexicans call "Aztlan" now, as if that mythical place actually existed) to America in as an inducement for the U.S. to stop handing Mexico's butt back to her. Which war did I miss, and why wasn't I invited to it?

nenothtu out

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Hello NightSkye,

Thank you for adding a more unbiased observation.

I am in no position to put it better myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Izarith

You keep insisting that "last time", Mexico handed the U.S.'s butt to her. Please educate me, as I've missed out on a war somewhere. The "last time" that I recall was that pesky little Mexican-American war, in the 19th century. It couldn't be that one, because Mexico signed over most of what is now the western U.S. ( what mexicans call "Aztlan" now, as if that mythical place actually existed) to America in as an inducement for the U.S. to stop handing Mexico's butt back to her. Which war did I miss, and why wasn't I invited to it?

nenothtu out

All land that is now in the hands of the USA that was once Mexico's is rightfully part of the US.

All the land with the exception of Texas was sold by a Mexican cowered for super cheep. Keep it and enjoy it. Texas was fought for by new western settlers and Mexicans who wanted their own state apart from Mexico. They won and joined the Union. Keep it and enjoy it.

But what they wont teach you in schools is that During the US/MEX war The USA had a little immigration problem, the Irish. Just like today the front lines of the American military was all Irish men. The USA plowed their way all the way to Mexico city with no problem. We got our butts kicked. But destiny would have it that the blessed Irish who were treated badly by the USA defected and joined the Mexicans. The new Irish division that joined Mexico Called "Los Santos Patricio" kicked the USA's ass all the way back to your house.

Till this day people with an Irish passport are the only people of another country who have close to Mexican citizen rights.

You got to love the Irish, freedom is in their blood.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Izarith

nenothtu out

All land that is now in the hands of the USA that was once Mexico's is rightfully part of the US.

All the land with the exception of Texas was sold by a Mexican cowered for super cheep. Keep it and enjoy it. Texas was fought for by new western settlers and Mexicans who wanted their own state apart from Mexico. They won and joined the Union. Keep it and enjoy it.

But what they wont teach you in schools is that During the US/MEX war The USA had a little immigration problem, the Irish. Just like today the front lines of the American military was all Irish men. The USA plowed their way all the way to Mexico city with no problem. We got our butts kicked. But destiny would have it that the blessed Irish who were treated badly by the USA defected and joined the Mexicans. The new Irish division that joined Mexico Called "Los Santos Patricio" kicked the USA's ass all the way back to your house.

Till this day people with an Irish passport are the only people of another country who have close to Mexican citizen rights.

You got to love the Irish, freedom is in their blood.

So in other words the Mexicans got their assess handed to them until a bunch of Irish guys came along and beat the Americans? So it was Irish not the Mexicans that kicked our ass. I am of Irish decent and have never heard that one. I guess I would be welcome in Mexico.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I'm guessing they don't teach in your schools about the US Marines capturing your capital and the US government annexing the entire Northern half of your country. We could have annexed the whole thing, but one thing stopped all of that. The policy of balance, the Missouri compromise of 1820, in the US Senate of free and slave states. If we had annexed the whole country, the new territories and states would have upset that balance.

I'm not surprised at the lack of history though.

When I was in Germany I learned they taught in the schools there that the allies liberated the Germans in WW2. That's not exactly what happened.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting story in history, that of the San Patricio Battalion. Some were deserters, and some were just Europeans living in Mexico at the time of the war. They didn't kick U.S. butt, they where mostly killed or hanged in a very gruesome manner.

Wow, the world was a very brutal place back then.

www.irlandeses.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's okay, there's room for all of us on the trains.

And if the Metra ran in the Chicago area as often as the FEMA moo-cars will, I'd be able to have a real job sweeping a McDonald's downtown where nobody else wants to work. And I could get home, tieeuuuooo.
(Last clang courtesy of Lewis Black. Used without permission,
but I DO love him so platonically)

This has got to be the first culture since the Incas collectively ignorant enough to actually stipend their own demise. God help us

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You are either drinking to much propaganda koolaid my friend or just been plain sarcastic, the land of opportunity that you dream off has been lost in the corruption that has taken over our American nation.

If you want a third work country in America then I guess you can welcome whatever the corporate corruption in America wants, slave labor, sweat shops and the disintegration of the middle class, something that is almost done already.

Perhaps you are so detach from what is going on in this nation that you seem to forget that we are in a recession bordering in depression.

I live in Phx, about as many Mexicans here as anywhere else...

Frankly, they simply do not affect my life for the negative nor will they ever...

It's time people stop acting like the economy suffers in anyway because we have allot of cheep labor come on board, it simply doesn't hurt anyone, any "natives" lol that are waiting by Home Depot for work are too doped up to do the work they are waiting for... no one wants the jobs many Mexicans do

And the reality... given a chance, they work very hard, open businesses are very entrepreneurial in nature (more American than allot of Americans lately)

I'm sorry but that's what it says... "Give us your tired your poor your huddled masses"

Somethings are bigger than Money in Life...

Resources, Nation, Defense, Trade, Power, Humanity...

On MANY Levels being one Continent would be a very good thing, Mexicans get a bad rap

They work hard, have children that will eqip our armed forces with numbers, pay taxes if they are citizens... many, many will go on to be good citizens...

They are mainly European of decent, they are Catholic as a nation, their language is very similar... they are a GOOD group of immigrants for America, they will mix in well in time with 350 Million Americans and Canadians...

No one else who is similar to use in culture wants to come here, and you can't Compare Mexicans ability to adapt to America to Africans or Middle easterners... they fit well...

You can't let a few gang bangers on street corners turn you off to a whole country which is mostly filled with really nice people

As for this non existent economic crisis

spare me

We all lived on credit and did what they told us to do and no we have to work out of it, Mexicos wealth if used wisely would more than compensate, they need help to clean that area up, help we can deliver

No matter what we do

They live a couple hundred miles from my home, I can be friends, allies neighbors...or hate them...

I don;t see the majority of Mexican people as giving me any reason to dislike them nor as a threat to my culture

In fact...they hold family Values

BETTER

Than many of us do today, they are fairly liberal despite a strong back ground of faith, work hard, believe in working for ones self not the Govt on handouts... mainly philosophically they are good people... the cultural barrier doesn't threaten my ways, it actually is very in line with what I believe in life...

Guys can be a lil Macho for my taste...

Beyond that, I have nothing bad to say they are alright people

So what's money?

What if America goes bankrupt it changes little for anyone of us, some dead times big deal... an NAU gives us all a United Continent, manifest destiny

You know what was here before us? Allot of emopty wilderness...

we built up from ULTIMATE poverty, settlers, Nothing

we can live with a few less hot pockets and a night less drinking lol, to finish the job we started

MANIFEST DESTINY

One United Continent... No cultural difference between us and Canadians... Canada more liberal... GOOD, Join up and vote, you'd find most of us don't like the Moral majority either and can USE your HELP

Ditto for Mexican thinking in the end

a Retarded war on drugs...would have to end for it to happen

Basic Socialist policies like Heallth care would be in place for the poor to make this happen

many aspects of economy would open up... like the safe purchase of Mexican land which in 25 years would retire many of us given the price and how much it would rise as Mexico herself straightens out and the violence ends...

Energy, Water, food... we would dominate for another century

Do you know in terms of Energy and Food

How Powerful and wealthy we would all be in time?

Pump Canadian water across the continent down here, open the south west and Mexico to farming plus add in Canada rowing farm capacity from global warming...

we'd all be 100% self sustainable our Food output would rocket combined to almost 60% of the world production... we'd have all the remaining oil PLUS biofuels in abundance...

It's serious security

even terrorism (if the risk is real ever) one border at the bottom of Mexico and that nation on the grid would be a very good thing for us all

All I see here is racial and cultural fears

and Mexico... assures a predominantly Eurocentric culture and I don't know how any one misses that when they choose to "hate Mexicans"

Compared to the people who ARE coming to America aside from them... Africans and Islamics... another 100 Million Mexicans is great if you have cultural issues with the rest of the world

As a body of people they are simply more like Americans and fit in here, more than anyone else coming over right now or for any foreseeable future.

The women, Many are beautiful, relatively open minded fun WESTERN CIVILIZATION girls, you won't be so mad if your daughter marries into a mexican family in many cases, some of their families really look out for each other have allot of pride and respect

what can I say... any Mexican that comes here as a baby mainly Blends and does a good job of it within the course of growing up...

You can't let some gang bangers with some stupid Aztec Tatoos turn you off to the only only culture on Earth that actually likes us...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I read a book titiled "Defying Hitler" that tells the story of those in Germany who never supported Hitler, and there were a great many of them, maybe even a majority, so it wouldn't be all that far fetched to claim that we liberated Germany from the NAZIs. It is all a matter of perspective. Wars are usually not supported by everyone, nor is everyone happy with the outcomes, or how things are handled in victory, even on the winning sides.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join