It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military report warns sudden collapse of Mexico is possible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

U.S. military report warns sudden collapse of Mexico is possible

www.elpasotimes.com

Mexico is one of two countries that "bear consideration for a rapid and sudden collapse," according to a report by the U.S. Joint Forces Command on worldwide security threats.

The command's "Joint Operating Environment (JOE 2008)" report, which contains projections of global threats and potential next wars, puts Pakistan on the same level as Mexico. "In terms of worse-case scenarios for the Joint Force and indeed the world, two large and important states bear consideration for a rapid and sudden collapse: Pakistan and Mexico.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Imagine what would happen if the govenment of Mexico suddenly collapsed. That would be a huge problem for the US. There would be millions of Mexican streaming across the border looking for a better life. We are struggling enough here in the US and certainly could not handle the additional stress on the system. Perhaps this is what FEMA had in mind when obtaining all those rail cars with shackles. Mass deportations when the Mexican government collapses and everyone makes for the US. I think the bigger problem would be the collapse of the Pakistani government as mentioned in the article. They have nukes and they could fall into the wrong hands if the government loses control.

www.elpasotimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
There would be millions of Mexican streaming across the border looking for a better life.

sorry to be the bringer of bad news but thats been happening for years.

But I see what your saying and yeah this would be bad.

sounds like a start to a NORTH AMERICAN UNION?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I believe it would be the perfect catalyst for the NAU. The US and Canada would probably requisition all of Mexico's remaining resources.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

"In the foreword, Marine Gen. J.N. Mattis, the USJFC commander, said "Predictions about the future are always risky ... Regardless, if we do not try to forecast the future, there is no doubt that we will be caught off guard as we strive to protect this experiment in democracy that we call America."

Since when did America become a Democracy??????????????

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In the Pledge of Allegiance we all pledge allegiance to our Republic, not to a democracy. "Republic" is the proper description of our government, not "democracy." I invite you to join me in raising public awareness regarding that distinction.

A republic and a democracy are identical in every aspect except one. In a republic the sovereignty is in each individual person. In a democracy the sovereignty is in the group.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

America is not a democracy.

It is a democratic republic.

We elect officials who are "supposed" to vote for what we want for us.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ

"In the foreword, Marine Gen. J.N. Mattis, the USJFC commander, said "Predictions about the future are always risky ... Regardless, if we do not try to forecast the future, there is no doubt that we will be caught off guard as we strive to protect this experiment in democracy that we call America."

Since when did America become a Democracy??????????????

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In the Pledge of Allegiance we all pledge allegiance to our Republic, not to a democracy. "Republic" is the proper description of our government, not "democracy." I invite you to join me in raising public awareness regarding that distinction.

A republic and a democracy are identical in every aspect except one. In a republic the sovereignty is in each individual person. In a democracy the sovereignty is in the group.

I couldn't have put it better myself...except to say, I'm proud to have always lived in the 49 percentile that gets the shaft. Indeed, democracy is not freedom to that 49%; don't let anyone tell us it is.

I like how they're finally calling it an experiment. Of course, if we're merely experimenting with democracy, how could we possibly force it onto other nations. Perhaps a Hippocracy would be more to their liking - it certainly seems to describe us a little better - among other words.

Ah...gotta go stoke the flames. Gotta love fireplaces in winter.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
I believe it would be the perfect catalyst for the NAU. The US and Canada would probably requisition all of Mexico's remaining resources.

lol, you mean the US would requisition all of Mexico's remaining resources. I'm from Canada and believe me, we're like the little puppy of USA. We sell all or oil, wood and energy to US for almost nothing. USA own Canada..

[edit on 14-1-2009 by airlouche]

[edit on 14-1-2009 by airlouche]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Could this be the Crisis Obama will have to deal with early in his first term?

So many ways to use Problem-Reaction-Solution, so few who recognize the manipulations that make it happen.

This is clearly being "announced" as a precursor to a NAU - who knows if this is Plan D though... Their current economic destabilization should probably be enough to push forward the NAU agenda.

People in America no longer need hardship to give up their soverignty - merely inconvenience...

Truly the Human race embraces corrupt hierarchies with open arms...

(can I suceed from the species? maybe one day when machine interfaces allow...)

[edit on 14-1-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree that this is the next step in the NAU. You have to look at it through a wider lense though. The American economic troubles, the election of american-style politicians in both mexico and canada, the immigration issue....they have all been the logical steps toward the NAU....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Interesting article. Border problems have certainly been a huge problem with our amigos to the south for many years but if the Mexican govt. collapses below the level that it already is we will see a stampede on our border like we have never seen before.

I would not like to be living in a US/MEX border community if the SHTF.

We missed the boat years ago in regards to tightening our Southern border. To late to build the 15ft. concrete wall now.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Imagine what would happen if the govenment of Mexico suddenly collapsed. That would be a huge problem for the US. There would be millions of Mexican streaming across the border looking for a better life.

Umm...What exactly has changed
?

Taco's have been flooding across the southern border now for 2 decades.

If the Mexican government collapsed the wave of Mexicans trying to get into the US would increase to at least 10 times the amount we have seen in the past 2 decades. The drug cartels would fill the power void and the people would live in fear.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This could definitely get ugly pretty quick.

I respect the fact that people (Mexico in this case) find the US principles attractive to want to migrate. However I feel sometimes we are far from holding those principles.

I don't have a damn thing against immigrants. If they can better themselves here, I'm all for it. But I'm for it in the legal way.. just as I would have to go if I wanted to migrate to another country.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

That is incorrect, we are a constitutional republic with strong democratic trends.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

That is incorrect, we are a constitutional republic with strong democratic trends.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What if REX84 is actually used for the purposes the gov. said? All those civillian detention centers would be used for containing a massive immgration from Mexico, not for rounding up US dissidents of NWO...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
In many parts of Mexico, the government has already collapsed. Drug cartels control everything in some areas - seemingly even the military. This control loss even extends into the U.S. at times.

There was a Tom Clancy game about a government collapse in Mexico. Those games have a spooky reputation for being spot-on in "secret" military technology. I wonder if the man has some inside contacts, and tries to brag about his knowledge through his games and books?

If so, the latest book and game to carry his name is called "Endwar." Think about that.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Don't worry my friend didn't you heard Obama stimulus plan for the economy? he will make millions of jobs in America that the Mexicans will have not problem filling it as they has been doing so far.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt

What if REX84 is actually used for the purposes the gov. said? All those civillian detention centers would be used for containing a massive immgration from Mexico, not for rounding up US dissidents of NWO...

the government never dose what it says its going to.

watch the news and you'll understand (the bailout is a joke)

Thats why people call them empty promises!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join