It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military report warns sudden collapse of Mexico is possible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You are either drinking to much propaganda koolaid my friend or just been plain sarcastic, the land of opportunity that you dream off has been lost in the corruption that has taken over our American nation.

If you want a third work country in America then I guess you can welcome whatever the corporate corruption in America wants, slave labor, sweat shops and the disintegration of the middle class, something that is almost done already.

Perhaps you are so detach from what is going on in this nation that you seem to forget that we are in a recession bordering in depression.

The last thing American needs is a wave of poor people across the border looking for asylum when we here in America can not even create jobs anymore for the American people.

Hey we can give them credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! right?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have said all along that we invaded the wrong country - Iraq. Clearly, if we were going to accept the wrath of the world for our militarism, we should have annexed Mexico.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
if mexico collapsed the drug cartels would take over and then the US military would have to go in and clean them out.

then Mexico would become a protectorate like Puerto Rico or Guam

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Then we could exploit the oil. farmlands and mineral resources and use them for a cheap labor source in Mexico not in the US.
The ONES in the US would no longer work as cheap labor if they were US citizens. they would unionize and demand higher wages. Just like the United Farm Workers have done in the US southwest.

Yes some would come to the US at first but many would find that US corporations once the US took over would make life so much better that They would go back for the new jobs there. especialty the ones that learned to speak english as they would make good low level management people for the US corporations

Taking over Mexico would make controlling it much easier.
And there is even a group in mexico that wants the US to take over.
They know that the drug cartels and the corruption and the elite rich running mexico would end and they would be in a much better run country with the US running mexico.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Maybe the NAU is actually what Obama was talking about when he said he would get Universal Healthcare. Canada already has it so if we were to become one I guess the US would also have universal healthcare.
I have heard about the NWO previous to all this but what I did hear was about the NAU and the possible very soon to come results.

I read a book called the an inconvient book by Glenn Beck. He spoke a lot about this in there. Kinda funny, in a bad way, that it's actually coming true.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was a member of the American Legion in Virginia. By a bible teaching person, they said - perdected that we will Cananda - USA - Mexico will form one union. I told it to the AL. and they said that will never happen. Things are planned out, things are happening, things are coming true. First it was EU to form as one, may be next Persia, spreading around the world to form 1 world government. We can not stop these event, it is happening before us. If you don't believe in the God, then do check what VISA and Mastercard wants to do. They already have that locator chip for your pets. They have a GPS on your Vehicle, they have a GPS on your cell phone, they may want to put that chip in your hand. 666?
Because of the American Legion laughing at what I said about North America forming one union, its already on our maps, I will not renew my membership. I turned that $25 in to going to something that I believe in, back in church.
So this world, time is short, we are in the "End Times" I know where I will be!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Most people don't have any clue about the North American Oil Sands and Shale Reserves, but your friend is right.

There is only about 1.7 trillion barrels of conventional oil left in the planet. The easily recoverable portion should start running out after 2012 causing oil prices to once again skyrocket and the rest of the world scrambling.

Meanwhile North America with its oil shale and sand reserves will still have over 4 trillion barrels of oil. Canada and the US will be the new OPEC, earning massive amounts of profit. If you think Exxon-Mobil is big now, just wait. It is very likely at that time that they will be the most wealthy and powerful corporation in the world by far.

There is a dark side to all of this though.

With all of that oil, North America will have a huge bulls eye over it. There will be plenty of countries that would rather take the oil than buy it. I could easily imagine at some point that an international coalition will Try, and I emphasize the word Try, to take the oil.

Just to think, that the Last World War may be fought in North America over the Mormon Corridor/Intermountain West where most of the shale reserves are at.

All of the bizarre stuff about the NAU, military in Denver and the destabilization/occupation of Mexico starts to make more sense, when you put the whole thing in perspective. Its all about contingency planning. Someone is planning for some very big events to occur in the next few decades.

With the US domination of space, legions of combat drones and control of the world's energy supply, the world will ultimately have no choice but to submit to the influence and will of the United States. Sounds crazy, but the potential is very, very real.

Depending on who you are this could be a good or bad thing. One man's Tyranny is another man's Salvation.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Time for Amero to make it legit? What's going on?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FightLies

I am new to these boards, but in 2008 I was told by someone in South Carolina that we will form the North American Union, just like EU, then you will see it be Unions battling each other, not nations. I believe what I have seen, we will be the next Union. Then "One World Government" One World money system. You don't even know the future what will happen, but I am taking the time to get myself right, right with my God. Asking forgiveness, renewing my faith. Time on this world is short. Short as you know it, people will be missing, then they will issue the number, 666! to track you. They already have GPS in your vehicle, they have it in your cell phone, some vehicles have a crash cam, do you ever wonder if they have it on, watching? You go look at a new Siverado and look at the mirror and see the clear circle! I know where I will be when this world ends. This world can't last too long each nation wanting to go to war, India and Pakastan wanting to go to war.
The US will end up helping Mexico, and Cananda will form the Northwestern Union, then South American Union.
It is all laid out, each day turns a day that things get closer and closer.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If America can move it's factories from China to Mexico, the NAU may be able to replace China as the worlds manufacturer. It would also solve the border issue since there would be plenty of jobs in Mexico. It would then also be able to move some of the jobs to the US, kick starting the economy.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by mattifikation

What many people don't realize is that any North American Union would be controlled and dominated by the US and Washington, just as Russia and Moscow dominated the Soviet Union.

Saying NAU is nothing more than a politically correct newspeak for the United States of (North) America.

With Mexico and Canada firmly under Washington's control, the US would be energy independent. Right now most of the US' oil imports come from Canada and Mexico.

With the move to Oil Shale and Oil Sands for energy, North America stands to become by far the most important and powerful force on the face of the earth in the 21st century.

Canada alone has more Oil Sand reserves than the Entire remaining global oil reserves, over 1.7 trillion barrels of oil. In the US, oil shale reserves equal over 2 trillion barrels of oil.

When the rest of the planet is fighting over the last conventional reserves, North America will be the new OPEC to the world. The world will come to depend on America for its energy needs.

Hey! Wow! Somebody else finally gets why it is good to import from the Mideast....
Use there's up first, hold ours in reserve. If we did that with everything, soon or later, it would all come around.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulwho
If America can move it's factories from China to Mexico, the NAU may be able to replace China as the worlds manufacturer. It would also solve the border issue since there would be plenty of jobs in Mexico. It would then also be able to move some of the jobs to the US, kick starting the economy.

As soon as it becomes cheaper to manufacture in Mexico, the money will find its way there. Corporations like Walmart are always looking for the next bargain manufacturing center. As China's economy grows it becomes more and more expensive to buy from there. So inevitably who ever is the cheapest will get the money. A destabilized and collapsed Mexico could be a real blue light special for a cheap manufacturing base.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think everyone needs to read the Constitution. Anyone who says the NAU would be a good thing, really needs to take stock of why they live in the US. If you like the EU government then I suggest you move to Europe. Too many men and women have died defending you, me, us and to protect the Constitution and all it stands for.

As far as the "surge" into America, I think it's laughable that some think that will happen. Mexico is already going through much of the same thing we're facing, and will collapse alongside the US and Canada. And if you thin that the camps are for illegals, clearly history will repeat because we didn't learn from recent history. If you research Hitler's rise and compare that to the last 20 yrs, you'll see parallels. But I suppose as long as it doesn't affect you yet, it doesn't matter.

aside: ha...ha... the keyword to post this was Illuminati

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Didn't someone post a warning several months back that said something to the effect that when the banks of Mexico collapse, you only have 2 weeks to get your money out of U.S. banks?

I seem to recall something like that, but I could be wrong.

kix

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I really wonder how many of you have been to Mexico (Note the capital letter).

Everyone has the impression that we live in shacks, eat tacos 100% of the time, we dont have cars and speak like speedy gonzalez, in fact for a website that has DENY IGNORANCE as its motto I see post like this

BY IGNORANT
Because it could be worse than now? Drug cartels running the society, thousands of dead by shootings, political assassinations, poverty, no democracy.... army in the streets.

Yeah, Mexico should be moved to Africa, because it's basically the same thing.

MM lets see the USA has had more presidents killed by wackos than Mexico.
MM the USA has more gun related killings and incarcerated people than Mexico.

Granted the USa has a large middle class but most of it is in debt, so worthwise its only a metter of perspective.

The Army is in some north Cities because we dont have permision to bear arms so not everyone in Mexico has a gun in his House so the huge killing thing is due to drug cartels that are paid in GUNS by guess who? Our very gun happy north american neighbors. So the Army has to control them by GUN POWER.

SO forget you delusions of grandeur and invading Mexico, the USA is now in more peril of social disintegration than most countries due to the fact that you are on the verge of a profound resecion and probably a nasty depression.

Yes Last week I was in San Francisco and believe me it was not a pretty sight seeing a lot of beggars on market street and in tourist areas of the city.

If Mexico is the same as Africa perhaps you really need a 2 week tour of New Orleans on foot to see that not everything in the USA is perfect, and poverty is poverty no matter what country you live in.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
kix, dude, i'm from Canada and I'm sorry if I sounded like a Mexico basher.
I would be pretty happy if good folks like you could take back your country and put it back on track.

MM the USA has more gun related killings and incarcerated people than Mexico.

Yeah the USA is 300 millions... and have 200 millions guns and yeah, they are a police state...

Granted the USa has a large middle class but most of it is in debt, so worthwise its only a metter of perspective.

You're right, they are about to disapear.

The Army is in some north Cities because we dont have permision to bear arms so not everyone in Mexico has a gun in his House so the huge killing thing is due to drug cartels that are paid in GUNS by guess who? Our very gun happy north american neighbors. So the Army has to control them by GUN POWER.

I know that... it's like in Africa. That's what I told you.

SO forget you delusions of grandeur and invading Mexico, the USA is now in more peril of social disintegration than most countries due to the fact that you are on the verge of a profound resecion and probably a nasty depression.

Yes the US is in peril because it will have a depression.

Yes Last week I was in San Francisco and believe me it was not a pretty sight seeing a lot of beggars on market street and in tourist areas of the city.

If Mexico is the same as Africa perhaps you really need a 2 week tour of New Orleans on foot to see that not everything in the USA is perfect, and poverty is poverty no matter what country you live in.

Yeah it's pretty sad and it's gonna only intensify in the next decade.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What gets me is that we've all been thinking and, for the most part, worrying about the NAU and the changes that come with it. The thing I worry about is the management of it. I worry that events will be engineered to dramatically reduce the populations of the respective nations within the NAU in order to make rule over the new union far more manageable. Let's face it, our government has failed to properly manage our own territory. Mexico seems to be presently collapsing due to failure to properly manage their territory. Canada, by all appearances, appears to be doing fine (which should terrify them that something will be arranged for them to endure sooner rather than later) but will need coaxing as well.

By dramatically reducing the populations of the respective nations, control of resources and the people remaining becomes far more manageable. How one goes about dramatic reduction of the population is anyones guess, but merging the three nations as they exist today with the populations existing today, would result in an epic failure and likely fracturing of the nations into smaller nations - something counterproductive to the goals of the NAU.

Hopefully nothing will happen. Hopefully Colin Powell was wrong when he said, "The problems will always be there and there's going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January that we don't even know about right now." on October 19, 2008. Hopefully Joe Biden was wrong when he warned that, "America's enemies would test Barack Obama with an international crisis within six months if he's elected President." Hopefully it's all just scare tactics that will result in nothing, but it sure doesn't feel that way.

Good Luck All

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kat77

If mexico amd america merged, imagine all of mexicos curruption melting into america, curruption is a virus that is hard to contro and im afraid there is no cure for, I believe that if the two contries became one america would be destroyed, all there drug dealers and criminals would have free reign in america and they will expand there operation in large scales in every town in america.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I have lived in Mexico for twenty five years. Let me tell you that things have changed here, and continue to change. Once upon a time, drug dealers were like folk heroes, songs were written about them and their lifestyles. No more my friends. After all these years, people, the general population that is, have turned against them. The "narcos" got arrogant. They became "superior". There is a big cleanup everywhere, even inside the government. This to some of you may sound unbelievable but in my opinion it is a reality. I witness it.
This does not mean that the fight is over. Far from it. It just means that it's not cool anymore to be a "narco". To me this is a big change.
Mexico's middle name is "crisis". People here can deal with crisis. Family still means something. After twenty five years you can imagine that I know a lot of expats. Not one wants to go back to the States. Wonder why?
From where we stand, things don't look good for you guys. We wonder if you will not find yourselves within a failed state with martial law and FEMA camps. Maybe that border wall was built to keep you guys in after all. Don't get me wrong, we still love you. We are concerned. At least here when something is missing at the store, we can always fall back on " manana" they will have it, instead of freaking out.

Mexico happens to be quite nationalistic. Sure they love the american way of life. At the least some of them do, but in the end they love their Mexico. I don't think that they will be so easy to integrate. Look how difficult it has been to separate them from their oil. Every administration has tried, but so far no deal. Mexico is a lot more educated that it ever has been. But they suffer from the same problem as the States. A small elite group runs the show. Poverty is mostly a state of mind. There are probably a greater percentage of people who "feel" poor in the States than in Mexico. It is all relative.
Gotta go, a cute senorita is calling me.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The fall of Mexico is the first warring that a world conflict is about to be started. The powerful people in charge are running the end of the world play book to a T. Lets all remember back to the movie Red Dawn. The beginning of that move starts out by tell of the fall of Mexico and a disbanded U.N fueled by food shortages.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The military has been eyeballing that possibility for years. It's been in the back of our mind (far in the back usually) for pretty much our entire history. The Brits established Georgia as a debtors colony to be a buffer zone against Spanish Florida. This was not only a matter of military defense however, but also included concern over the area being a haven for runaway slaves, and also concern over French trading posts swaying the loyalty of Indians there, which can be seen in part as an 18th century analogy for modern fears about smugglers and gangs (not comparing Indians to gangs exactly, don't get me wrong).

A weak Mexico that couldn't control it's Northern provinces also prompted US policies friendly to the freebooters who eventually gained Texas its independence, ultimately leading to the Mexican-American War.

Then of course there was the Zimmerman Note.

And more recently Cap Weinberger included it in The Next War back during the Clinton years, but that doesn't really tell the whole story of how far back this obsession goes; you've got to remember that Cap wasn't in the Clinton admin. Reagan's Sec Def was writing about it in the mid 90s because he had already spent the better part of the 80s thinking about it. In the late 60s they had students calling for a revolution. In the first half of the 70s they had a mildly Hugo-Chavez-esque president in Echeverria. And then right when he was gone, the peso dropped by half even as Mexico became an oil exporter, which ultimately just gave Echeverria's successor more money to squander, which by the 80s only made things worse, as the end of the 70s and the attendant oil crises meant the end of the one thing keeping them afloat.

en.wikipedia.org...
Once Echeverría became president, he embarked on a far-reaching program of populist political and economic reform, nationalizing the mining and electrical industries, redistributing private land in the states of Sinaloa and Sonora to peasants, opposing American "expansionism," supporting the leftist Chilean leader Salvador Allende, condemning Zionism, allowing the Palestine Liberation Organization to open an office in the capital, and imposing limits on foreign investment, and extending Mexico's patrimonial waters to 200 miles (370 km).

My point is:
This ain't new by a damn sight. Mexico is gonna find itself in deep economic doo-doo again thanks to inflation and an unstable oil market and the US is going to open its checkbook and buy peace again, at the expense of American labor and taxpayers, just like 1994. Thank god nothing ever seems to change. Otherwise all of my knowledge of history would be useless, eh?

At the first sign of eminent collapse in Mexico (not just possible collapse, as we have had almost without interruption since at least 1976) America will completely open its border, thus siphoning off all of the young unemployed men that it takes to run a revolution. That's probably why we haven't fixed the border problem...

Well, that and the fact that putting immigrants on welfare is a defacto subsidy of American retailers, in that it brings in additional consumers and provides them with money to spend at our retailers even when there aren't jobs to allow for this to occur naturally- but that's a whole different thread.

I bet if you had someone who knows what all those extra buttons on a graphing calculator are for (that ain't me), you could come up with an equasion that factors in inflation, oil prices, and unemployment in Mexico, and accordingly predicts the intensity and direction of US border policy. If I'm right about that, we can also predict that the Obama presidency will bear striking resemblance to the Clinton presidency in many respects, both directly and indirectly related to this matter (Such matters are prominent among most of our memories of Clinton's first term, I'm sure).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join