It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared worried, and can't sleep.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This site is great for ratcheting up your anxiety but if you dig into the subjects you see most are not really going to happen in our lifetimes. I take half a xanax once in awhile when my mind goes non-stop anxiety. There are other things like valerian and chamomile teas to calm your nerves. Kava kava is really bad for your liver reportedly so steer clear of that one for now. Stretching, exercise, yoga, meditation or a hobby may help you relax. Having researched the 2012 phenomena myself I have to say I am disgusted with the fear mongers reaping profits off of others fears.

Like BruceF says, the potential collapse of the biosphere is truly alarming. Set yourself up to weather lifes storms and seek peace within.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by worriedabout2012

Comrad "worriedabout2012" my young friend there is no need to worry about the year 2012, there will not be any end of the world stuff happening in 2012. Why? Because my friend there are too many of us scientists and others out here (possibly including yourself in the future) that will not allow anything to happen in 2012 that could end our world, or severly wound our world for the younger generation such as yourself, and for thousands of generations to come.

Science is growing at a rapid pace, and the science of talking care of our Earth has basically just started. In the near future, I'll make sure that mankind will forecast with great accuracy upcoming earthquakes, tsunami's and volcanic eruptions that would have otherwise killed countless people in the future. Furthermore others will expand on my knowledge and they will start to control deadly earthquakes and volcanic eruptions to a certain extent.

Furthermore, nefarious NWO people and militaries around the world will get the shock of their life in the near future, because what they thought they could hide from the public, will soon be available for all to see, and that will basically end any of their nefarious doings. The public will make sure that these people have to explain what they have, and why they have it, and why they were hiding this stuff from the public, and what in the world they were expecting to use it for. In other words, the People of the World will become enlightened as to what all is taking place on Earth, because they will take action.

Our world as we know it will soon change for the better.

Do you want to see a glimpse of the future decades down the road to prove that everything will be alright. Then go and watch this video,

www.youtube.com...

this man in the future and the background scenes are proof that the Earth will not end in 2012; but it will be a new beginning, and it will continue onwards better than ever.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
MAN, REALLY, THERE IS NO 2012 ... THERE IS NO NIBURU #

THERE ARE NO PROOF OF ANYTHING

WEBOT IS A SOFTWARE THAT SEARCH FOR INFORMATION IN SITES LIKE THIS, MEANNING ITS NOT ACCURATE ...

NOW YOU CAN RELAX ...

you welcome

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Fear is a mental construction. In this case the 2012 talk is just one of the many potential reason for fear to manifest itself. The problem does not lie with the 2012 conspiracy, the problem lies with your self control and fear management.

As far as I am concerned, this world is headed for change, 2012 will be a normal year like any other, things might happen, but don't expect God to come on Earth or Earth to explode or asteroids hitting Earth, etc. Those are way too far fetched.

Wars might start, food/water crisis, diseases, etc. The ussual things which result out of human ignorance and egoism. A new paradigm will emerge out of all this troubled times ahead.

Do not let fear control you, because then you are lost. Even more when you are faced with something in the future which is very likely to be just talk nothig more. Live life now, today, not tomorrow. Do not seek solutions now for problems that might occur in the future, because you will forever be lost in searching. Never will you feel safe, because the act never happened.

Ussualy your fear of today for the potential problem of tomorrow creates that problem. The irony... Look at the food crysis, all people believed that sometime in the future there wont be enough food so all people started stockpiling food => increased demand => food crysis. There was no problem in the first place, just fear which resulted into a problem.

Abolish fear, it does not help in any way.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Anxiety.. I've struggled with all my life. I was never fortunate enough to have health insurance so I never was able to get a perscription for something to help.
I'm glad I figured out a way to control them somewhat naturally instead of lying in bed for 3 hours with my pulse racing and adrenaline pumping and my mind jumping. Times were rough then personally and they suck now lol.

Here's the way I look at it. Calm down first man. Whats the point of worry?

First you're worrying about something that may not happen.
Second, IF it does indeed come about you're worrying about something you cannot control.
Third realize that lets assume 2012 is the END. Why live your life and fear and worry? Enjoy what time you've got left instead of living in agony (and don't try to tell me those feelings you have aren't agony, true anxiety and panic attacks trick your body into thinking you're dying or close to it.)

We're all connected. We're are in each other and connected with everything around us. Your essence is energy. You will be around forever. Remember, energy cannot be destroyed. I emplore you not to fear death, just search inside and find yourself.. and eventually you will understand not to fear death but embrace the transformation yourself will make upon death. Living IS the painful part my friend. Death is easy and is release.

I wish you luck in understand you are in control of your emotions and YOU CAN control your anxiety attacks. The mind is a powerful tool. Let me know if you need help in quelling your anxious feelings.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by worriedabout2012

I read a lot, and the 2012 talk scares me more than anything. I am 21 years old. I am not afraid of death, I am however worried about dying too young. I will be 25 in 2012.

Not to bash you... but this is contradictory.

If you are afraid of dying too young, then you are afraid of death and in essence the unforseeables and unknowns in life. I personally don't believe in set fate, but by living you are driving a speeding car that can have very poor handling. Decisions take you down roads that may have unpredictable turns, forks and other cars.

My advice is the same as others have posted already fear of the unknown is something that everyone shares but it is something that we must accept to exist. Accept the present and that the future is what we make it.

Sometimes "excrement" happens, not everything is in our hands.

sty

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The traditional medicine in Eastern Europe uses tea made from this plant :

en.wikipedia.org...

It supose to help you calm down - like a natural Prozac..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

yeah but what about all the other independent ancient stuff that points to the same date !?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There are so many things going on in the world and if you feared each and every one, you could go mad.

Here is how I look at it.

Why worry about what you can not change? It is just wasted energy.
Try to focus on things in your life that you CAN change. Try getting involved in something. It helps to make a difference if even in a small way and gets your mind off of all the fears. If you like animals, try getting involved in rescue, etc. Helping someone else really does help, and gets your mind off of worrying about yourself.

Take a break from the news, shut off the tv. Get off of the computer. I have to do this once in while. A few days with peace and quiet helps so much. We were not meant to worry about tomorrow. Worry about today.

We are all going to die one day, somehow or other. We are all in the that boat. Meanwhile you need to live, why waste the time you are alive worrying about the inevitable .

2012, I do not see happening. In their culture, they worshiped a God called the one, that was actually venus. They made human sacrafice. They were good at astronomy and mixed it with astrology, but that does not give them information to the end of the world. I do not know if you believe in God, but only God knows the end.
He did not give this information to the Myans. The evil that they worshiped does not have this information. It would be the same to read your horoscope and worry that what it said is going to happen.

You need to try to find your own purpose in this world, and get somewhere with it. I think you find that the anxiety will calm down.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Want to cut stress and anxiety out of your life? My number one tip, stop reading these forums or at least begin to treat everything you read with a grain of salt. There's so much bulls#@t out there (YES including the ATS forums) so don't let it all get to you.

While I think UFO's and the like are fascinating, people love to drum these things up, they want to believe so badly...it's more a form of sport or entertainment for some.

On a personal note, my prediction on 2012 is that it will pass uneventfully, the only difference being the world is a little less well off.

Take care bro and don't spend your youth worrying! Be smart and live the best you can!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Lets say that 2012 is the year that everything ends. Why get worried over it? There isn't anything you can do about it, if it happens, then it happens.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Please don't take me as a troll for what I'm about to say.

Let me start to say that I have extreme anxiety and panic attacks all day, panic attacks that last around 12+ hours. I am an extreme worrier.

I guess, what I'm looking for is some kind of reassurance
Please don't bash me.

No bashing but if everyting in that first sentence is true then maybe a conspiracy website is not the healthiest place for you to spend your time.

Oh yeah, reassurance?
Not a lot of that here either.

Hope you feel better.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Please don't take me as a troll for what I'm about to say.

Let me start to say that I have extreme anxiety and panic attacks all day, panic attacks that last around 12+ hours. I am an extreme worrier.

I guess, what I'm looking for is some kind of reassurance
Please don't bash me.

No bashing but if everyting in that first sentence is true then maybe a conspiracy website is not the healthiest place for you to spend your time.

Oh yeah, reassurance?
Not a lot of that here either.

Hope you feel better.

I would agree. The only thing that ever REALLY helps anxiety (short term that is) is eliminating triggers--which basically, if worrying about doom triggers you, get off of websites based on fear.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hey man, go get some Xanax.

Errr...... Sorry dos mil doce is in my name partna. Listen though, really I'm 19, and I ain't afraid to die, not religious, and it really does bother me that a bunch of stuff is about 2012.

I'll tell you this bud. There is NO FACTUAL EVIDENCE OR SCIENCE that supports 2012 will be the end of the world or anything else than just another year with the exception of,

Every planet will align in 2012. So. That doesn't mean the worlds ending.

However I would reccomend you see a pyschiatrist.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If its truly the end for us all- why fight the inevitable...just learn to live with it and live as much as you can now while you still can. Live each day like its your last. Remember y2k? 2012 is just another fad...It's only 2009 anyways.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If you are afraid of dying too young, you are afraid of death... It's the same thing, regardless of age.

I'm going to be 22 in 2012 and I don't mind dying as long as i've learned enough to pass on. I believe in reincarnation, and that by every life we live, we are meant to learn from our mistakes to better ourselves in the next.

So there's nothing to be worried about. If we die, we die, and we might never come back, but frankly I don't think anyone would care about coming back after they died.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Why worry about 2012?

Hell, unless you've gotten a guarantee in writing from the Almighty God, you aren't guaranteed tomorrow.

Pick up a newspaper. Look at the folks that had no idea that they would die, when the did, how they did.

You live for the moment. While it's nice to think about the future, all you've really got is right now.

The world may blow away next week, and if it does, you won't have to worry about 2012.

Take care of you and care for those around you.

At the end of the day, that's all any of us can ever do.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
2012 is actually suppost to be a good thing. Its not actually an end, but a new begining.

But everything WILL be alright. None of us are guilty and there is no hell. The worst of all evils is simply their misunderstanding or a lack of awareness. Are they guilty for not understanding? Of course not because its not there fault that they dont understand. They just hadnt known better. If they had known better they wouldnt have done the things they had done.

Some people spend life times searching for a truth or something positive, but fail because they had looked in the wrong place. Are they doomed just because they hadnt understood where to look?

What Im saying is there is no Godly punishment or Devil. No one is guilty. We are all equals. If something does happen it is ment to be and it will be for the greater good. The universe is pure love. There is nothing to fear.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hey I just wanna let you know that i agree with most of what everyone else has written, you know the dont worry, deal with the axiety. 2012 will come regardless of if you worry or not, and will bring with it either nothing, or everything, or something in between.
anyway i also wanted to add, that meditation can be good for anxiety. Have you tried it?
take care.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Why be afraid, If you did die in 2012 at the age of 25, think how lucky you'd be to see THE END OF THE WORLD, unlike the hundreds of billions of people before you that have died and won't see it. It's not a once in a life time event, it so much more. Any ways I don't see it as the end of the world, more of the end of an Age, and the beginning of a new.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join