It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared worried, and can't sleep.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Please don't take me as a troll for what I'm about to say.

Let me start to say that I have extreme anxiety and panic attacks all day, panic attacks that last around 12+ hours. I am an extreme worrier.

I read a lot, and the 2012 talk scares me more than anything. I am 21 years old. I am not afraid of death, I am however worried about dying too young. I will be 25 in 2012. I am also not a religious man, nor do I believe in people who tell the future and other dooms day dates.

I see a lot of people talking about 2012 and how we're most likely doomed, and that scares me. As hard as I try to not believe it it's hard. I don't know why. It's the only conspiracy that has ever worried me to cause me to lose sleep.

I guess, what I'm looking for is some kind of reassurance, not that I'd full believe it, but it would be nice to see people talk about why it WON'T happen other than why it's GOING to happen.

Please don't bash me.

Sorry if my grammar is horrible, I'm a reader, now a writer.

sty

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by worriedabout2012

Eastern Europe here - well, I hope you will feel better to know that there is no science evidence for the 2012 theories . 2012 is more a pop culture than something based on facts/evidence. 2012 is simply the date when the Mayan Calendar ends . But Maya did not say this is the end of all , we just assumed it will be over. (it seems that it is actually just a pass towards the age of Aquarius, nothing more special than a new calendar year) .

Humans do a good job in setting dates for the end of the World , if you look in the history you can see that every 50 years or so there is another date being assigned for the end of the world. And this happened for at least 2000 years when the early christians expected the return of Jesus ..

So - my opinion - yes, the end could happen one day , but i tell you not in 2012. Instead of wrrying about the end of the World maybe it is good just to focus on making your own World a better place.
Have a good day !
STY

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Panic attacks are a medical problem.
Go see your Doctor because they can actually kill you.
Forget about the 2012 stuff, that is not causing the attacks they are a medical problem.
Its the panic attacks you need to concentrate on fixing.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The mayan calander was off by 3 years, according to their calendar it already is 2012. The only thing I can see happening by 2012 is maybe world war III, nothing to worry about.

sty

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I agree with BorgHoffen: maybe you should also see a doc or try some councelling..

[edit on 14-1-2009 by sty]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Look at the guys name.. come on he's pranking us, he just wants to be the famous 'worried about 2012' guy on these forums, and when 2012 comes around he can pretend to be worried to the extreme.

But seriously if he has anxiety and panic attacks he needs medication period, if you can't afford medication I know where your at, I got anxiety myself, which is why I can laugh at it yet sympathize with it, my anxiety is so bad that sometimes I can't see, pretty bad huh, so please if you don't have anxiety don't make fun of it, it's a serious condition, that honestly can't be seen online very easily, which is why I'm able to post crap like this and be dismissed as a douchebag when in reality I'm not.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

**Go see your Doctor because they can actually kill you.**

Panic attacks don't kill in themselves, don't think the OP needs more stress added.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hi, thanks for your replies, it brings a lot of relief.

I do see a doctor/psychiatrists.

@Razimus: I feel you, it's pretty horrible, I just try to deal with it
And no, I'm not pranking anyone. Just hoping to calm down a bit, my last few nights have been pretty hard
Chances I will not be here much anymore after tonight, on the forums I mean. I'm just at one of my heavy panic attacks with no one currently to talk to. It's nice to be able to communicate =) Also, I'm not bashing any of the people who think this is real, or any type of conspiracies, don't get me wrong, I know anything is possible.

@BorgHoffen: I don't think you can actually die from panic attacks, maybe you've got the term wrong. I've never heard of a single death from it
. I sure hope I'm not wrong.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by worriedabout2012]

[edit on 14-1-2009 by worriedabout2012]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Well If this helps you.

I have been researching this subject and others linked to it for 20 years. Though it is obvious there is trouble ahead and indeed that we are in trouble now, there is no hard evidence for a doomsday event on 21-12-2012.

The media just likes to scare people with headlines like 'Maya Doomsday Calendar' and 'End of the World in 2012?'

That said the collapse of our biosphere is genuinely scary so I can't say everything will be ok. That would be naive. There is certainly a lot of work to do both in the external world and in our own personal lives.

Hope that helps

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Tomorrow is promised to no one...
And that is an absolute fact.

You can ruin your life (and your health) worrying about stuff, and take the advice of someone who wasted a couple of years like that, its just not worth it. Personally, I am a Christian, but in my professional life I was always taught to be in control, and realizing there are just some things that are beyond your control can be a hard thing to accept. I learned, however, that worrying was a sin, and that as a Christian I need to put my faith in God that no matter what happens he will look out for me. If I died today, I know he will look after me eternally. Even if you are not a Christian, much of this still applies, there are just some things outside of your control, so you might as well enjoy & use the time you are given wisely as you never know how long or short that time may be.
Life is too short to worry…

On a side note, not sleeping can cause panic attacks, you might want to talk to your Doctor about that. He might check you for a sleep disorder, or prescribe you something to help with either your anxiety and/or your lack of sleep.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

You should try the Herbal Remedy St. Johns Wort. In genuine medical clinical trials it was shown to be as successful if not more so than Prozac for treating either anxiety or mild depression.

The added bonus is that it is of course fluoride free unlike the illuminati manufactured drugs used to attack your system.

I took it for a while and it cleared up my anxiety (not 2012 related)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the suggestions, BruceF.

I've actually taken St. Johns Wort but it had no effect. I've recently starting drinking more green tea hoping it'll help.

I'm prescribed to Valium but do not take.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Green Tea is very high in caffeine, which will probably have the opposite effect of what you want. Arazona makes some caffeine free stuff called Stress RX, I am not sure if that is much better, but at least it has no caffeine.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by worriedabout2012
I'm prescribed to Valium but do not take.

Good it's useless against anxiety and will probably just make you a social outcast as it screws up your personality. As for 2012 I would hope that money is finally dissolved and a new age of humanity is initiated. If that isn't the case then I hope a NWO virus wipes most of us off the planet as humans are the most pointless and destructive of animals.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Just think about it, if this whole 2012 thing will go down you will have front row seats of the end of the human race

exiciting times indeed

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think you are asking the wrong question. You state that you're worried about 2012 but all that is is a perceived endgame of your death. I think you should genuinely sit back and ponder why you are afraid to die. What do you have to loose in 2012 that you won't loose at a "regular" death?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hello!
im sorry to hear that you live in fear. I know how that is. i have ptsd myself. and all this talk about 2012 made me really depressed a while back. then one day i realized just how many websites and you tube clips there are out there that's just made by fearmongers. "pay to acess full membership". with scary doomsday news.
critical thinking is your best prosac.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Why be afraid?
If you live a good life and the Eternal exists, he will comfort you forever. If he exists but says ah ah you were not faithful! and condemns you, would you really want to spend eternity with someone so cruel? And if death is just like before birth, well, would you know the difference?

I'd say you're covered any way it turns, my brother. Live life to the fullest, when you're on a road trip don't you listen to music on the way there? Don't think about the car breaking down before you reach the hotel!

When Ragnarok comes we will all be in it together! Even if in 2012 the world ended, EVERYONE would die! Not just you! Would you prefer to live on a lonely, radioactive wasteland?

I am only 19, and as long as I die standing, I will die happy! Worry no more

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Don't worry, nothing is going to happen in 2012. Plus, we all die someday. Some when young and some when old. It is how you live your life that matters, not how long you live. Lastly, it is just death of the physical body. Not the death of you.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by worriedabout2012
Please don't take me as a troll for what I'm about to say.

Let me start to say that I have extreme anxiety and panic attacks all day, panic attacks that last around 12+ hours. I am an extreme worrier.

Fear and despair. That is EXACTLY where they want you to be! You have to break free of their grasp!

Here is a good video, that might help you: www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join