It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared worried, and can't sleep.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It is easy to get overwhelmed with all the gloom and doom latley. Have you heard of EFT? I thought it was silly until I tried it. It helps with panic attacks etc. Here is the link.

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The OP hasn't been back since 1/15; but this applies to all that have shared here; Several years ago I began to have panic attacks accompanied by violent mood swings, couldn't sleep, couldn't stay still, any and everything was getting to me;

it was my thyroid going into hyperdrive, and this not the place or time to discuss what caused this; but meds did cure 90% of the problem, and after almost 4 yearsI do sleep now and am a lot calmer;

To the OP: fear and worry are the 2 greatest tools of the darkside; worrying about something will only make it manifest that much quicker in your life; fear is the mind killer, and what is there to fear?

We during our human experience here are born, live for a time, and then die; all part of the cycle as it renews;

we are eternal travellers, beings of light/energy that compromise the soul; check out Kirlian photography and you can see examples of soul energy;

there is no need to fear death, for it is simply a transition back to the other side and getting back total awareness of all things; I've been dead once and the worst part was having to come back to the dulled senses and confines of the human husk.

It is the experience that counts; live each day like it is your last; do all things from love and be positive, vibrant, and passionate; each minute you spend enjoying and sharing love with family and friends will increase the positive; how can you enjoy life if you are too busy worrying about it ending? It will end eventually, when it is supposed to, and that is unchangeable.

so smile and look for positive in all things, be positive, and love in all you do; it is contagious, and it spreads out and grows and affects all those around us every day; do something to make you feel good, cut that little old ladies' grass, or wash her car, take out the trash; share a smile with a stranger, help a child build a kite or put the chain back on their bike.

life is for living; leave worry and fear to the ones already dead.

seeker

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by worriedabout2012

This subject creeps me out a bit but what are the chances of this ever happening? If it happens I'm going to laugh then run for cover! Anyway good luck with the anxiety problem hope it goes away.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

we all must stop thinking about death, rather focus on having a god time here on earth with friends and family. Live each day like the last one. Peace Love Fun that whats inportent.
If it`s the end, there are nothing I belive we can do. Sitt back with a BIG sigar and god drink enjoy the show. Don`t let the negativ energy pull us down.
Love to us all.
KHH

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The worst that can happen is death. Accept it. Come to terms with it and there is nothing left to worry about.
You could think of death as a transition phase to another dimensional existence and not the end. It would probably be a positive step. Your consciousness is most likely eternal. Everything else is just piffle and phooey.

BTW: cut out all caffeine if you ingest it....makes panic attacks waaay worse.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by DiamondPenguin]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

my friend you have 2 options,first stop worrying,if the worst happens then we all die, live every day as if its your last.or start believing in god.he will forgive you for all but 2 sins,taking his name in vain and taking the rfi chip,or the number of the beast,mike from england

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Have you been checked for a sleeping disorder called sleep apnea. If you are not sleeping well this is a pretty common disorder these days.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
tat iz wy yu dont read anythin about it yu dumb #

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If 2012 is supposed to be TEOLAWKI then every second is 2012 for someone.

Death is an unknown and can bring about apprehension because we believe that we can control the factors that we know.

This is of course the grand deception. There are some things in our life that we can change by the choices we make and other things are inevitable.

As there was the moment that we drew our first breath so it will be without doubt the moment that we will draw our last.

We can try to hide from death but you can not hide from what you carry within. Death is always with us and it is not a thing of darkness, or a thing to fear.

It is the life that we live that determines our joy and happiness. Death is but a patient bystander.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by worriedabout2012
Please don't take me as a troll for what I'm about to say.

Let me start to say that I have extreme anxiety and panic attacks all day, panic attacks that last around 12+ hours. I am an extreme worrier.

I read a lot, and the 2012 talk scares me more than anything. I am 21 years old. I am not afraid of death, I am however worried about dying too young. I will be 25 in 2012. I am also not a religious man, nor do I believe in people who tell the future and other dooms day dates.

I see a lot of people talking about 2012 and how we're most likely doomed, and that scares me. As hard as I try to not believe it it's hard. I don't know why. It's the only conspiracy that has ever worried me to cause me to lose sleep.

I guess, what I'm looking for is some kind of reassurance, not that I'd full believe it, but it would be nice to see people talk about why it WON'T happen other than why it's GOING to happen.

Please don't bash me.

Sorry if my grammar is horrible, I'm a reader, now a writer.

Hello there Worried, lets just take a moment to breathe and step back from the situation itself.

When it comes down to locating the heart of a problem, you have to first find the root fear of the problem. You say you don't want to die young? I think that really you are afraid of death itself. What will happen when you reach 25 years old? Would you still be too young at 35? 45? Relax. It's a natural thing to be afraid of, because to most of us, it is the purest unknown.

Now, about 2012. I don't think you should really be too afraid of it. Easier said than done and believe me, I know! I've got mixed opinions of 2012 myself but you know what? I'm not afraid. Because 2012 isnt going to come for another three years.

You need to start focusing on other things like your life as it is now. Perhaps the reason behind your unusual worry about it, is some kind of wake-up call? Perhaps there is something you need to focus on doing before 2012?

Start to answer these questions and I promise you, your fear will vanish.

As for anyone else reading this who are afraid (and believe me I know that you are there, so don't be shy) We all have our hopes and fears for the human race. The world itself is speeding up, people want things faster, people want to get from A to B faster, the vibrations of the planet are increasing - whatever. Alot have things have been happening behind the scenes to prepare us all for whatever lies in 2012, and having people like me (Indigos) present is just another indication of something in the works.

You're not going to die. We are all around you, along with your guardians and spirits. It's meant to be the evolution of the soul!

-Sareth.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'll take the Christian route on this one - while the Bible doesn't mention 2012, it does mention, in great detail, what 2012 could/probably will bring about. It's all written in the prophecies that are within the Bible.

I have lost sleep worrying about things to come as well - however, if a person has received their salvation, you won't be here to have to endure what's coming anyhow. I.e. rapture, my friend.

You said you weren't a "religious" person, and that's good, since "religion" is entirely "man made". God isn't a religion - soooo many peeps have it in their heads that He is, but trust me, He's not.

I would suggest getting my head in the King James Bible, especially Daniel and Revelation - there you will be able to read about exactly what is coming to our planet very soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

The mayan calander was off by 3 years, according to their calendar it already is 2012. The only thing I can see happening by 2012 is maybe world war III, nothing to worry about.

Nothing to worry about?! WWIII ?? Are you crazy!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

i don't know why everyone is so scared about 2012. i don't think you should be. i think we should embrace it. it's going to be so #ing fun i can't wait. everything that we consider fact is going to change. life is going to be like sci-fi. it's going to be amaaazzinnggg

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

i know all the stuff you see and hear paranoise u but there is really nothing to worry about. the only way to face the future is to stay calm and unmoved unless something moves u on 2012 then. dont eat everything thats thrown at u, and never take anything that seems to good to be true

[edit on 3-9-2009 by platipus]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It's nothing to worry about, this is just the internet, do not believe everything you read here!

Just try to relax, take a bottle of wine, listen to some music, sit back and enjoy life for as long as you can!

You never know when you could be in an accident that destroys your life, appreciate what you already got.

When I've first started to read on these conspiracies forums I've believed almost everything I read, but as time went by, I start digging into the stuff and found out that almost everything is hoax's.

Good luck with your paranoia!

Peace!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Maarius

telling him about a death scenario is really going to help him/her...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

I understood that, but he/she need to see thing in a perspective.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just a few weeks ago i started getting more into 2012 and when i first started to read i would believe anything. I was more scared than anything. But the truth is we're doing this to ourselves. I agree religion is a man made thing. I myself do not belong to any religion. It brainwashes children. What happend to freedom of religion if, growing up, you're tought this is the 'right way' to live? And could ultimately prevent you from living your life. Why spend your life trying to make someone else happy? Do things for yourself for once. Not trying to talk sh*t. To each is own babe.

Moving on. I feel bad for the people who are looking at it as an end. I'm not sticking to a side. True, something big could happen. But look: somethig big is already happening. Within the last 50 years we've gotten farther into technology than we know. Yet look at the pyramids: the egyptians lived thousands of years before us, and we still have NO IDEA as to how they built their geometric monuments. You know there has been about 50 supposed dates for the world to end? How many have come true? Why should we believe this one? Though i do believe in preparing for the worst.

The only problem is humanity can't accept the fact that we don't know everything, and probably never will.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by worriedabout2012
Thanks for the suggestions, BruceF.

I've actually taken St. Johns Wort but it had no effect. I've recently starting drinking more green tea hoping it'll help.

I'm prescribed to Valium but do not take.

How long have you been taking St John' Wort?
One of the idiosyncracies of this herb is that it has to be taken regularly for a LONG time before it even starts working (but then its effects are cumulative).
There are, of course, people who feel the effects very soon, often on the same day they start taking it - but most often it has to be taken for at least three weeks before it starts showing its effects.

Anther very useful herb - also good for "longevity"
- is Melissa officinalis, also known a lemon balm. Take it daily.

Also, try essential oils (just sniffing them might do the trick).
It's a very personal choice, but I think you would find Ylang-ylang or Jasmine, for example, worth looking into.

If you're an epileptic, do not use essential oils.
(Many, including myself, believe the actual danger to epileptics is minimal to the point of being negligible - and a few EO might even help epilepsy - but better be safe than sorry.)

As for the 2012 thingy itself... when I first came here, I wanted to know how come I had never heard about it before the late 1990s (and I had lived all around the world, mind you).

It turned out it started as a very short mention (not "apocalyptic" at all) in one of Jose Arguelles' books, then it was picked up by McKenna (in 1973, I think) - and it escalated from there.

And why I hadn't heard about it before the late 1990s?
Because the internet wasn't around - that' why.

It's mostly an internet-propelled "phenomenon".

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi,
I'm not that much older than you I would lose sleep and have dreams of the world ending as crazy as it sounds I was once in your shoes I read and read about 2012. When I was in my late high school years I did my research on it and I got startled because of the facts and clay tablets from the sumerians and the mayan calendar.
It was when I started to meditate I felt at ease. I meditate for all sorts of reasons. Try it sometime you'll feel peace with yourself and I'm not making it up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join