It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post UFO Disclosure ideas in the "Citizen's Briefing Book" to Barack Obama on change.gov!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We could submit this to Digg as well to try and get more people voting. In fact in the OP first post there is link to submit this thread there.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
i just dont get why someone would feel threatened by this topic. if you simply have ill will towards it dont VOTE.

Perhaps they have no ill-will towards it. Considering the state of the nation right now, perhaps they feel there are better things President Obama should be focusing on.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
We are not alone in the Universe, and this needs to be officially acknowledged by Barack Obama in 2009!

I am curious about something and perhaps someone can help me out here.

Why?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
+10 points

It's about time.

I think it's absolutely absurd that our government would keep any information from us in the first place.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

if they have an ill will towards the ufo topic why cant they simply vote for a topic they are for?

although i do have to admit i may vote for the ending marijuana prohibition

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
I think it's absolutely absurd that our government would keep any information from us in the first place.

Folks, I believe we have made official contact with an alien race. Everyone please welcome the ambassador from the planet Naive.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

if they have an ill will towards the ufo topic why cant they simply vote for a topic they are for?

Very simple. Because it helps their topic-of-choice if other topics are voted down.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

so are you going to vote FOR the UFO topic. with all of your previous efforts to contribute to ATS im sure you can express your eagernes to have some difinitive answers. or maybe you can address to them a question which reflects how they deem evidence to be 'solid' cause so many people have different ideas of what consitutes evidence.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Very simple. Because it helps their topic-of-choice if other topics are voted down.

the numbers that are displayed for on the web page are somewhat important, but the webmaster can see how many times a topic has been voted down as well as up. a significant number of down votes on the ufo topic may indicate (not a conspiracy) that the topic recieved more attention than most others. which is also a win in my book.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

WHY??

Because UFO disclosure is well over due, and Barack Obama ran on having an "open government". I'm sure he can task John Podesta with this. It's not like UFO disclosure will take time and effort away from the domestic issues that he must deal with. Some people just don't think.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Here's why, it represents a legitimate national security issue.

Imagine if the government tried to hide the fact that terrorists were trying to attack us, and one horrible day their efforts failed to protect us; say, something like 9-11. Would we thank the government for keeping us in the dark or raise holy hell?

It's in the best interest of those who govern to disclose what's known (and I'm not saying they know much if anything) simply to lessen accountability.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Perhaps they have no ill-will towards it. Considering the state of the nation right now, perhaps they feel there are better things President Obama should be focusing on.

There are many things President Obama should be focusing on, he won't address only one at the time, in fact he will have to address many at once.

I don't think any of us, or any of the people who are voting up the idea of UFO disclosure are saying "Please drop everything else and give us what we want first." There are many things that can be done simultaneously.

Will Congressional hearings on this hurt the economy or take away Obama's time from dealing with it? Will declassifying documents pertaining to this subject take away his team from pulling out of Iraq? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have voted a resounding "yes" for every disclosure question and posted the following comment,

"The lies, mistruths and over all distrust has gone on for too many decades and administrations. President-Elect Obama, you speak of a change in government that we can believe in. Why stop there? Why go halfway? What about a change in humanity that we can all believe in.

Why not expose the single most important story humankind has ever had hidden from them? Would you rather have France or Brazil or England take the lead on this issue and be judged by history as the nation who emancipated our species?

We all know how much you admire Lincoln, then take a page from his book and find the courage, and the political will to do what many deem impossible. Even if they won't give you the information you want, even if they deny you the opportunity you seek.....you are still the President....you are still the Commander in Chief.....as voted by the people of this great nation. You promised to listen to the people of this nation, here's your chance to make a nation truly great again."

we up to 1230 on the meter.....keep going people!!!!!

WE NEED MORE VOTES!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
1310 on the "UFO Disclosure" idea! It's the number one UFO idea!

And it's on page 5 of the most popular ideas on the entire site!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I think you are overlooking something. You must realize that this issue is one that is not settled. Your disbelief is still a belief. Just as my belief is a belief... (you don't need to lecture me on onus of proof, I am well aware of that).
However, this topic differs from religious ones in the fact that there IS a lot of evidence, just none of it concrete.

Now, someone needs to consider the ramifications of such a thing. Slayer69 (I think that's his name) has a pretty good thread going about reverse engineered technology research, worth a look if you haven't already.
Yes, there are many problems with our world today, however, IF (and admittedly it is a big if) all of this IS, in fact, true, then they can FIX those problems with this simple admission. Unfortunately, for them, they would probably lose quite a bit of their grasp on things (this is the real reason this is unlikely, folks. Obama is no different than any other politician)...

But, if for some crazy reason, they did come forward with this info. A whole lot of our problems on this planet would disappear almost overnight. Sure, there would be new problems we would face in the interim, but they could solve this entire financial crisis, for instance.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

maybe we need to start setting some daily goals with regards to the point system...

It's at 1310 now, let's see if we can't hit 2,000 by midnight Pacific time tonight....

Is it out-of-bounds to get 2,000 points a day?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
citizensbriefingbook.change.gov...

It's at the top of page 5 of the most popular questions, and about to make it on to page 4. That's amazing! If we can get it to stay at or above page 2 or 3, then it might have a great chance to actually get included in the citizen briefing to Obama.

But we have to keep it up. We can't let off, or it will be voted down. Tell your friends and family to vote. And send out as many emails as possible.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
here's a thought.....I know it might sound a bit out of the box...but,

what about a YouTube video or commercial regarding this topic?

could we make a quick YouTube video requesting the people of the world to go to the website and vote for Disclosure? It doesn't have to be long, just a quick 2 or 3 minute video...

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My first post to ATS. I appreciate this forum to max and hope that we can reach the goal of 2000. Even if our votes go unseen we're letting them know that we wont give up until the truth is told!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

It can go two ways.

If we end up putting this on Digg and/or Youtube, depending on herd mentality, it may go up or adversely cause it to trend down. I've found people in their mid-30's to mid-50's are more likely to entertain the idea that UFOs are non-terrestrial. I'm only 28 myself, but even when I try to broach the topic in a gentle manner with fellow programmers / engineers, the idea is almost always immediately ridiculed.

That being said Digg probably isn't the right place as it tends to attract tweens and the mid to late 20's crowd. Youtube encompasses a larger demographic so if we were to advertise anywhere I would say it represents a more favorable target audience.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join