It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of the world...how can anyone take this seriously?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
all i am saying is there is evidence that the sun moves different that it should .. moves as if a large object possible not large but dense object pulls on the sun... yet the sun would be the dominante in the relationship... the sun's solar winds seem to shape like a bullet as it moves through the galaxy ..aswell also leading to the point of how the sun moves .. and possible evidence to orbiting a close by star... comets have degree orbits which also lead to a conclusion of a larger stellar body .. in orbit with the sun.. not including the Sumerians Mayan Egyptian Celtic.. whom seem to believe that a disaster occured that made the writhe about it ....not to mention the great flood .. which evidence is shown on the ocean floor surface of a large crack like a solf ball upon the earth .. let alone the written satements in culture around the world of the event..the possible ice age... ? what caused that .. guess it was just cold then.. well seems there is a cycle for it aswell.. but what caused it... Mass death and dissaperance of civilization on the earth .. must just been some big war.. right.. rant .. rant .. rant all you like.. but nobody knows every thing and to blindly close your eyes and hide beneath the sheets doesnet make it disapper

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Originally posted by Vonour

As far as disrupting the orbits...

Yes?

.. some comets orbit our sun in very interesting ways ....

Yes. Comets are thought to be primarily from the Oort cloud, well outside the orbit of Pluto. They have VERY elliptical orbits, with extremely long periods.

...there are past records that mention a possible dwarf star ...

?? Really? That's news to me. Can you find sources?

... and for orbits being displaced .. look to the NeatV1 comet of 2003 was size of mars .. didn't effet us at all...

Oh, dear. WHAT have you been reading? Comets are NOT the size of Mars. The core, the 'nucleus', of a comet is rather small. As it heats, from exposure to the proximity to the Sun, and the Solar wind, it will gas off, and may have a very large gaseous display around it, and of course the "tail", which ALWAYS points away from the Sun....

BUT, compared to the Earth, comets are puny. The Earth is FAR more massive.

When it comes to planetary orbits, it is the MASS of each body that affects the other. NOW, to imagine some dwarf star that is close enough to orbit in only 5,000 years, but be undetected is nonsense. Anything that large, large enough to be a "failed" star, would be MASSIVE!

Even something that didn't shine by itself, say a Brown Dwarf, would still have an infrared signature! The skies are being searched ansd studied constantly, it would have been detected!

AND, as mentioned, the stability of the planets in their orbits would be very different, if this massive object kept coming inside the orbits of the inner planets every 5,000 years.

[edit on 20 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I truly believe that not as many people think 2012 is the end of the world as ATS reflects. Firstly, ATS is not a true reflection of the general public. I believe that even WITHIN the ATS community, it is not as prevalent. I think that many here on ATS keep up the 2012 crud because they are (1) trying to incite fear; (2) trying to get attention/points; (3) Afraid to not stand up and call BS; (4) are mentally insane; (5).....many more.

I believe that ATSers are smarter than that!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

I truly believe that not as many people think 2012 is the end of the world as ATS reflects. Firstly, ATS is not a true reflection of the general public. I believe that even WITHIN the ATS community, it is not as prevalent. I think that many here on ATS keep up the 2012 crud because they are (1) trying to incite fear; (2) trying to get attention/points; (3) Afraid to not stand up and call BS; (4) are mentally insane; (5).....many more.

Recently I think more people are thinking the world will end in 2012. Many dont do investigation into it themselves, (for example learn how the Mayanm calender works), and generally hang onto every word from people like David Icke, Bill Deagel, Alex Jones etc.

If you had said many ATS'ers are too smart than that a year and a half ago, I wouldve believed you, but these days Im not to sure

Valid points you made by the way, lol@insane

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Recently I think more people are thinking the world will end in 2012. Many dont do investigation into it themselves, (for example learn how the Mayanm calender works), and generally hang onto every word from people like David Icke, Bill Deagel, Alex Jones etc.

If you had said many ATS'ers are too smart than that a year and a half ago, I wouldve believed you, but these days Im not to sure

Valid points you made by the way, lol@insane

You named 3 names (all moronic fear mongering attention whores). It's a shame that people on here place faith in these side-show freaks, they could just as easily put that faith in themselves and be much better off!

And I agree with the year and half statement...I just didn't want to belittle anyone..and BELIEVE ME, there are lots of mental midgets on here...too bad ATS doesn't have a filter for that...fortunately I do!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You named 3 names (all moronic fear mongering attention whores). It's a shame that people on here place faith in these side-show freaks, they could just as easily put that faith in themselves and be much better off!

And I agree with the year and half statement...I just didn't want to belittle anyone..and BELIEVE ME, there are lots of mental midgets on here...too bad ATS doesn't have a filter for that...fortunately I do!

Yeah I must have written this when I was angry....

I tend to post first then regret it sometimes

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I tend to post first then regret it sometimes

The next medical mental illness: PRS (Post Regret Syndrome)

Hey, with the "internet generation" anything is possible

I can see the Pfizer commercial now

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Hey, with the "internet generation" anything is possible

Well thats how the entire chemtrail theory started

Right back in 1996....not far off the internet explosion

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Simply pu, I believe SOMETHING will happen in 2012 because many, if not most of the world's civilization's prophecies are converging.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

because religion all come down to control. >.>

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Simply pu, I believe SOMETHING will happen in 2012 because many, if not most of the world's civilization's prophecies are converging.

Do you have some links to back that up?

Just curious thats all

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

2 words: self fulfilling

2nd line

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
St. Malachy's Proppecies.

Myan's

Buddhist

Islam

The Bible

The Hopi

Just off the top of my head.

I originally stated in this post that I did not mention religion. I edited it. Religion plays a role in almost every society. If you feel that it is there to control people, fine. I think it is there to help people answer life's question's.

But the weird thing is that region's, even the polar opposite ones, have prophecies that seem to be coming to pass in our lifetime.

What are the odds of that?

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

mayen people where a religious group so there prophecys is based on there way of belief and religion thats what i meant and im tired so im gone fer the night lol later guys

[edit on 20-8-2009 by cronotrigger30]

[edit on 20-8-2009 by cronotrigger30]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I originally stated in this post that I did not mention religion. I edited it. Religion plays a role in almost every society. If you feel that it is there to control people, fine. I think it is there to help people answer life's question's.

But the weird thing is that region's, even the polar opposite ones, have prophecies that seem to be coming to pass in our lifetime.

What are the odds of that?

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

About the same as the prior interpretations of many varied prophecies. Good to great.
After all where I see a banana, you see a gun. (think on this analogy and it WILL make sense to you.)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well maybe you should do some research before you type a reply to someone.. Far as NeatV1 .. the core was the Size of Mars the....full radius was almost the size of Jupiter..... Some even believed it to be...Nibiru..
and ..if Nibiru is out there ...we may have seen it .. known also as Nemisis.. by NASA .. even though there are possiblities that ..objects that have been seen by NASA have never been reported to the public... Even NeatV1 was not reported .. till it passed...only after was the public informed of it crossing.. Not all Objects have been discovered and the oneS that have not all have been Disclosed..If it is out there you prob wouldn't know..it.. as far as it being seen .. You have to have infared to just see it .. and it could be so cold that the atmosphere around the earth could obscure it .. only Space scopes could see it..Some nations other than our own even have claimed to have seen it.. So if you want to ..claim your right.. do some research on it.. cause I have spent time searching the net... not sitting on Forums.. dissing People.. of their beliefs or their findings.. I don't claim to say it is there only IF...it is there..And there has been many changes in our planet's history globaly.. even the oldest calander we have is from the Chinese which only dates back 5700 or so years.. and Nibiru doesn't cross every 5000 .. more like 6000....even though.. if it isn't there.. there are other.. hazards to worry about like the Local fluff .. which we as a solor system travels through.. made of stelar gas.. and moving into the galatic alignment with our galaxy means we could be enter into a more dense collective of Gas which could harm us and is to this date changing the color of our SUN .. from yellowish to white...particals from the gas are making their way through our heliosphere heating up our plantes ..interacting with our sun .. may possible.. be the Hazard we have to worry aobut in or around 2011-2015.. and 2000 years after that cause we .. won't leave the local fluff till then..we should be more concerned about it.. for NASA sent to PROBES which are now.. on the edge of the heliosphere studying it.. now.. was that the plan the whole time of their creatiton..?..and to think that you can slander someone else's ..info with out knowing anything asfar as your own backyard.... to say You know much of space that your are the one whom knows all ... know one does.. and the ones that know the most .. aren't speaking... to you or me....I have searched for weeks looking for .. Newspaper articls.. and scientific research and what I find is I know nothing ... but I continue to learn from what I have found.. and strive to find the truth not.. closing my mind to ..all things possible.. if something is possible then it must be.. if not here else where..and..Yes the possiblilty of a...Dwarf dead....DEAD star... is possible and the math is there in the scientifc arena to back it up .. even.. Once the earth was said to be flat ....and the oceans only eneded to nothing.. and without .. the ones whom reached out to believe the impossible of their times moved acros the oceans and studied the stars and planets .. to prove that the knowledge of the day was.. wrong... and if there is to be a Great catastrophe in the future.. look to 2029 1in35 chance to be hit by Apothis and yet ther even a chance the earth gravity to grab it.. and send it on a path to hit us in 2032 or so ..size enough to .. not wipe us out but big enough to cause global damage...EVEN the belief of Nuetron belt which is noticable may not be a problem yet we only see it cause it is in the local fluff.... I am more concerned of it cause YOU DON"T SEE OR HEAR OF IT IN THE MOVIES... which makes me nervous .. and the fact NASA is studing the very subject of the local fluff as we sit here now even now the plantes in our solar sytem are warming.....?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

C'mon, Oz - you're a vet. You know why some of us take "it" seriously - you've seen the other threads.

Beyond that, excellent research in the 1st post

[edit on 1/26/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
BUT, to be complete fair and accurate, posting any 'failed predictions' before the "Information Age" (advent of the true 'internet' - a.k.a. mid '90s) is pointless - there simply was not enough information and no way to disseminate it amongst the masses, or have true-time interaction and sharing of ideas quickly across cultures.

So, out of that entire list, only ONE (2000) is relevant - and there's already a (worthless) thread on here trying to 'debunk' 2012 based on Y2K mumbo jumbo.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

PS... and to A Dead dwarf.. scientifc studies have shown through math that the possiblity of our solar system being of 2 stars to be the cause of earths rotation and wobble..not only the degrees of comets whoms orbits lead to a large body that had pulled on them putting them into such a degree orbit.. only to lead to the where abouts of NEMESIS ..NASA's Nemesis ..which is said to be there... if they are in such an orbit explain why are they pulled out there?....and what praytell pulled on them to make the go out there?...HMMm..I surely believe NASA knows..I seen an article about it in the paper and placed it on this forum.. ..I didn't make it up I found it's real...and as far as sites on the subject they been banded and delete and altered ..I have seen them .. stated as Deleted .. ALTERED... ..as far as disclosure is concernd someone on the subject doesn't want the info to be placed out there... and if you think our goverment.. cares to tell the public of any possible disaster then you are missinformed...and to think .. that..an object in space.. is limited to the size of the EARTH... your are even more .. uninformed ..there are many different sizes of objects be it asteriod or comet...Neatv1 was only just now discovered...and even it eminse size is not uncomon for many large objects orbit the moon and not all objects have been found only a mere estimation of the objects from current discoverys have been made all speculation ..Ancients knew of the planets which .. the knowledge was lost and.. only to be rediscovered by the telescope ..I too only wish to find the truth.. not manipulate findings with ..dissbelief .. you can believe what you like everyone have doubt not everything is 100percent... but something has changed the Surface of the world many times and consistantly ... be it Nibiru ..or comet ..or asteriod... .. solar flares .. Stellar Gas clouds... Super NovaS ....and this you think in your .. short life .. are an authority of... .. PLz... think what did the destroying....what ... the truth must be there.... and I still yet continue .. to search.. for the ..past speaks volumes.. of truth... be it god.. aliens... .. ancients from dead planets .. like Mars.. or ..some habitated planet that revolves around a dead star in our solar system.... the greys the Lizard people.. what have you...not all i believe .. but what I do believe ..is far from what I could ever know less I see it for myself.. and if it be not in the year 2012 .. humanity shall see and know .. if we not wipe ourselves off this planet... and to think that mankind is all knowing ...your wrong we have only scratched the surface of truth.. yet only to reveal ... the many layers that have been discovered in the past...only to be covered again by myth ..which always seems to lead to a hidden truth....past repeats itself...and man is flawed....Mankind could merely be .. yet an offspring .. growing sprouting from the past of humankind....yet again to make the simplist of mistakes ....Forgeting

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

not really. They were made that way. It is mostly hype.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join