It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a ufo hit wind turbine in Conisholme UK? See picture and news article..

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is a possible explanation for the "octopus" sighting.
A sky lantern with "fountaining" fireworks attached.

====
Mod Edit: Fixed embed.
Please try to add content and avoid just putting up a you tube unless it's a 'my favorite Music' on BTS, and even then a couple sentences is suggested.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Badge01]

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Looks like these tentacle UFO's are popping up all over the place. Have there been any past examples matching this description? I can't find any and I have exhausted all searches.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Reported for trolling as quite obviously you still have not even read my post correctly; is there a problem when someone disagrees with you (you only read what you want)? because quite frankly by your reply you are ignorant to half of what I have said.

====
Mod Edit:
Manners and decorum please, and remain On-topic. Complaint? Use the "Alert" feature

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
hi everyone I love this mystery and followed this thread obsessively. It really looks like a ball lightning event to me. I recommend reading the wiki page on ball lightning. Of particular interest is the reference to a sulferous smell - an earlier poster mentioned there was such a smell in the area. Of course ball lightning is itself a mystery and it seems as though it might leave no trace at all.

mi

Wig

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabitThey heard a noise that was loud enough to make them think something collided with it. Not a blade simply falling into another one. Someone reported seeing an object over the turbine fields.

Yeah, because we all know that Mr and Mrs Willows would be able to recognise the difference between the sound of something large hitting the blade(s) and the sound of a blade failing for mechanical reasons and falling onto the other blade on it's way down to the floor, where it subsequently takes out the staircase.

And quite why everyone is placing so much emphasis of what people (including experts) are "reported to have said" is beyond me, given how stupid a lot of the press clipping are, and the fact that they (the news media) blatantly lied (or were wrecklessly incompetant) about the blade being "missing". How can you trust ANYTHING they report?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Don't tell me this was all just a publicity stunt to make Ecotricity a house hold name. in.reuters.com...

Although it turned out to be fireworks rather than flying saucers that caused the "orange glow" seen around the time the turbines were damaged, the publicity was welcomed by Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, the company which owns the giant turbine. Vince went on the television news to talk up the UFO "mystery" and assure listeners that his company was doing all it could to determine the cause of the damage.

He has discovered a knack for playing the media game, and has adopted a strategy of attempting daredevil feats to garner attention, such as his attempt to break the world wind-powered speed record in his car the Greenbird in Australia's salt flats.

With just 35,000 retail and 3,000 business customers, Ecotricity is still small compared to energy giants with millions of customers. But most who know the 47-year-old vegan, would bet the company continues its explosive growth for some years to come.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Remembered this photo depicting a "tentacle" UFO;

(image taken from ufocasebook.com here uploaded to free host after reading terms of use at top of page)

France, Tavernes 1974

*Following is Speculation/Bullsh*t*

"Beams" in some cases seem to be made "solid" see cases of Colares 1977 where "beams" sucked on unhappy locals, Travis Walton 1975 where a blue green "beam" raised chap up and Colonel Vyatkin Lev Mikhailovic 1967 russia, his plane shook when wing hit a beam projected by a ufo (info on net scarce on last 1, taken from one of Timothy Goods books)

Maybe Solid projected "Beams" would leave evidence at ground intersection-raised earth,glow,radiation etc. perhaps some distance away depending on orientation.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by stringue]

Wig

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHopeForSomeLooks like these tentacle UFO's are popping up all over the place. Have there been any past examples matching this description? I can't find any and I have exhausted all searches.

Hmmmm

"The sighting came just three days before .... January 4th"

So that would be Jan 1st then or possibly the night of Dec 31st/Jan 1st otherwise known as New years eve.

"glowing orange spheres" Hmmmm on New years eve, I wonder what that could have been?

All we need is to identify how the lanterns are now appearing like octopi and we have our answer. It's not beyond the wit of man to have paper trails dangling below a lantern, which will light up from the reflected glow, and appear like tentacles.

"The lights appeared to be coming towards us when suddenly, one by one, they disappeared."

That would be when the candle burned out of fuel then.

"A few moments later another one appeared to our left that appeared to be burning up. "

So this one caught fire, how surprising for a tissue paper structure with a candl flame nearby.

"Then another one emerged to our right which had silver tentacles reaching down from it towards the ground, like an octopus."

Silver foil? or crimbo tinsel perhaps?

"They were like nothing I'd ever seen before - completely alien."

Or Oriental perhaps?

"The family, from Blackburn, Lancs, were driving home from a Hogmanay celebration to a rented cottage in the remote Scottish countryside at the time."

Only one of the years busiest nights as far as fireworks and lanterns are concerned.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHopeForSome
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Looks like these tentacle UFO's are popping up all over the place. Have there been any past examples matching this description? I can't find any and I have exhausted all searches.

Can add a fair bit of personal input to this one............remarkably this sighting was just a mile from where I live. Can confirm that on that night (it was Hogmanay), there were masses of fireworks going off till well in to the night looking in every direction. My house actually faces the road they were on, and there were fireworks over that spot on and off well in to the night. Sad to say, it's pretty hard to convince me that what they saw was anything other than New Year lanterns/fireworks of some description, probably someone firing off a few out of date "marine" flares by look of it.

There were people outside celebrating throughout the night and nobody local has mentioned seeing anything out of the ordinary either. It was a very black night (there are few steetlamps) with mist hanging low in the fields over which they were looking, perfect to make any light look "odd".

[edit on 12-1-2009 by highlander2008]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
appologies - this " incident " really desereves an independant thread - but as the media has tied it to the coat tales of conisholm - there it is :

news reportage

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
I don't think it was a UFO. I'd be very surprised if a UFO was so clumsy to hit the blade of a wind turbine.

This was my thinking, too. Don't they have equipment to avoid that?
I'm not even being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Don't tell me this was all just a publicity stunt to make Ecotricity a house hold name. in.reuters.com...

Although it turned out to be fireworks rather than flying saucers that caused the "orange glow" seen around the time the turbines were damaged, the publicity was welcomed by Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, the company which owns the giant turbine. Vince went on the television news to talk up the UFO "mystery" and assure listeners that his company was doing all it could to determine the cause of the damage.

He has discovered a knack for playing the media game, and has adopted a strategy of attempting daredevil feats to garner attention, such as his attempt to break the world wind-powered speed record in his car the Greenbird in Australia's salt flats.

With just 35,000 retail and 3,000 business customers, Ecotricity is still small compared to energy giants with millions of customers. But most who know the 47-year-old vegan, would bet the company continues its explosive growth for some years to come.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by tarifa37]

No doubt he is milking the publicity, but I think this was generated independently of Ecotricity. It would have to be one hell of a stunt, and to trash one your turbines in the process.......presume they will be claiming insurance for damage........too risky.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig

All we need is to identify how the lanterns are now appearing like octopi and we have our answer. It's not beyond the wit of man to have paper trails dangling below a lantern, which will light up from the reflected glow, and appear like tentacles.

"The lights appeared to be coming towards us when suddenly, one by one, they disappeared."

That would be when the candle burned out of fuel then.

"A few moments later another one appeared to our left that appeared to be burning up. "

How about this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I posted it earlier but messed up on the link.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
If people are saying it was a UFO, they are guessing. If people say it was ice.. they too, are just guessing at this point. But... the company that makes the things says it was NOT ice, it was NOT lightning. Why are people here so quick to dismiss the experts claims? Oh, that's right.. I forgot, this board is populated with people who clearly know more than the experts themselves.

If the report was indepedant one thed i'd agree, but as you are taking the word of the manufacturer. I would say that is biased, it is not in their interest for this to be a malfunction due to ice. It would mean there product is faulty and would need to recall thousands of windmills. With the economic climate as it is, i dont think they would be able to cope with it. Think about it. I guess the purchaser of those windmills - ecotricity can only take the manufacturers word for it unless an independant inestigation is done. For Ecotricity however, it will still give them publicity which i am sure they do not mind.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I have nothing against windfarms, i think there a good thing but as long as they are safe, just seems to be a alot of concerns out there if you have a look with concerns to the ice sensors, again not the fault of the energy supplier but more an issue for the manufacturer. In my oppinion If the possiblity that the sensors are faulty and cannot properly tell if ice is present then this should really be inestigated idependantly, for the saftey of everyone. Just imagine your taking your dog for a walk and a projectile piece of ice hits you. Someone would sue the enegy supplier who own the windmills, it dangerous for both public and ecotricity if this is not investigated in a non-biased manner.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There seems to be a surprisingly large number of eye witnesses when you consider this event ocurred at 4AM!

WG3

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
There seems to be a surprisingly large number of eye witnesses when you consider this event ocurred at 4AM!

WG3

weren't people woken by a "noise" according to witness reports.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Considering the likely distance of the wind farm from any habitation, I find it incredible that any noise from it would awaken such large numbers of 'witnesses' at 4 o'clock on a winter's morning. A ufo would have to crash onto my house to waken me at 4am!

WG3

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

'UFO' wind turbine crash site sealed off

Security guards have been sent to protect the wind farm site in Conisholme, Lincs, following last week's incident.

Nick Pope, a UFO expert, told The Sun: "There may be something they don't want people to see."

However, foreign debris was found at the site during an initial search.

Telegraph

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
"However, foreign debris was found at the site during an initial search"

Thanks for the link, what on earth is that all about? I find the idea that a UAV would be allowed to fly in British airspace absurd due to the danger involved - and there is no chance ANY aerospace vehicle we operate would survive a collision with this turbine blade.

Then you have the Sun reporting MoD sources saying it is some fanciful indestructible stealth plane, Taranis or some such, and a report here by Reuters claiming fireworks were the answer to all the UFO sightings.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by stringue]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join