It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a ufo hit wind turbine in Conisholme UK? See picture and news article..

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
appologies - this " incident " really desereves an independant thread - but as the media has tied it to the coat tales of conisholm - there it is :

news reportage

I saw this one at work today. Either this sighting has lead to more people coming out with there stories or are cashing in there 15 minutes of fame. It will be interesting to see how many more cases pop up.

Also, to the uber sarcastic guy up top, I'm not saying there isn't a logical explanation to all this, but that article has some relation all this, real or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The MoD are now officially on site.

Access is denied and the outcome will be complete utter denial or the Taranis UAV scenario will be implemented (even though a BAE source declared the UAV is to be tested in Australia not England).

Read over the thread. Numerous members have pointed to UK laws that prevent partial prototypes being tested in our airspace.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you dont like conspiracy theorys, aliens or UFos I think your in the wrong site mate! I'll show you the door and dont bother comin back. buy bye now

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK
reply to post by ufo reality

Have you got any evidence of UFO's, or UFO's "shooting at them"?

Until then, you have zero credibility.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

cite ?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I havent been able to keep up with this thread, can someone give me a quick update (thats based on fact) as to where this story is at? When are the results due from Germany, any likely causes stand out and whats the take on aliens having done this?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by infinite

cite ?

I can see it now... men jumping up and down, the lights of
their scooters lighting up the base of the Turbine and the
strong call of "We are the Mods, We are the Mods, we are, we
are... we are the Mods!"

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Ecotricity - turbine in Fen Farm, Conisholme, Lincolnshire UK has severed blade and another damaged.

Witnesses nearby hear loud sound at 4am Sunday 4/1/09 and see UFOs in area evening before, among spate of UFO sightings in local area. Connection or Coincidence? ITN video summary

[edit on 14-1-2009 by stringue]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IronMan

Oh sh*t, Baba 0'Riley told me it was Brighton today!
Oh well, you better you bet, I won't get fooled again.

I'm stood here on my own, I can see for miles and
although I have a good view of everything, its difficult
to sum up what is happening. I mean, I can't explain.
Reminds me of another tricky day when I was caught
taking pictures of Lily!

Anyway I'll see you all down here, Happy Jack

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
mod arnt on site at all.i went there yesterday and tonight even the sercurity has gone

Wig

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
I havent been able to keep up with this thread, can someone give me a quick update (thats based on fact) as to where this story is at? When are the results due from Germany, any likely causes stand out and whats the take on aliens having done this?

This story is going nowhere slowly. There is no evidence except a couple of broken windturbine blades, it has already been suggested that the the blade that failed hit the other blade on the way down, hence, that is why the blade on the turbine is damaged. The other blade was lying all bent up at the base of the tower.

There is no answer as to why it fell. It could be anything, from fatigue failure possibly due to improper assembly, to anything like UFO.

But really odds are on that this was due to entirely "normal" forces known to mankind and our known science.

The only weird thing is that someone saw a tentacled thing fly in the direction of the wind farm (the female on the C4 news) (I don't know what day or time) and another man saw a tentacled thing above the turbine, again I don't know excat time or day but I think it was earlier on in the evening. I haven't read a full account of what he saw. I have not for example read about how he saw the thing go away, because surely he would have kept watching it - don't you think? A tentacled octopus in the sky glowing with light, I mean you wouldn't just say "oh well" and go to bed would you? You'd stay watching, and shout for someone to come, or get a camera, or phone 999 or something..... anyway, I haven't read about how he says it went away. He did say that initially he thought it was just a the moonlight playing tricks through a hole in the clouds, then he says he saw the tentacles. I'm thinking, if he he just shrugged his shoulders at some point and went to bed, that is an indication to us that he atleast subconciously acepted it was probably a weather phenomenom not a flying octopuss.

The woman who saw the flying octopuss just said it was flying in that direction, one assumes that it flew out of her sight.

There is not yet any explanation for the flying octopii, it is weird that more than one person saw something that had tentacles. adds more credance to the story. But it will probably just remain as one of lifes little mysteries

That's it in a nutshell.

Wig

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
mod arnt on site at all.i went there yesterday and tonight even the sercurity has gone

If you're local, how about finding these dudes and going to speak to them to get a FULL account on the record of what they saw when and for how long?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by bill23

That's what I thought.Maybe it had a gear box failure and spun too fast until catastrophic failure see below.

I think this is the most reasonable explanation. The sounds heard by neighbours would have come from the breakdown, the flashing lights could have been completely unrelated. I'm not discounting the UFO angle, but simple, ordinary explanations should always be ruled out completely first.

As for the lack of debris...probably pinched by local kids, I mean who WOULDN'T want to decorate their room with a big piece of wind turbine

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasili OH BOY Borodin

Oh come on OH BOY if anybody can give me a quick summary of the state of this propellor its you!! Whats the latest, whats the story? National security is at stake here, I need to know. NOW. Whats the low down...?

Miss Green

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

These are the Facts upto this date (as far as I know and I have been keeping up with the news on this)

Foreign debris WAS found on site and has been taken away with the blade.The blade has gone to Germany to have forensic tests carried out on it.That was a week ago and we were told they would have an answer by now.Still as I write this there is no update or release of findings from that test of the blade or the foreign debris found.Also please bear in mind ufo sightings aside ,the blade was found directly below the turbine and had damaged the steps at the base of the turbine.And I speculate that when it fell off it may have hit the other blade.Some of the sightings have turned out to be Venus , a Chinese lantern and firework display.So we are still waiting with baited breath to find out what the tests show on the blade and what the foreign debris is. Hope all this helps

[edit on 14-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Addition of witnesses to prev list:

Rebecca Hodgson [Horse Stables,London Road,Louth; evening Saturday January 3] LouthLeader:

"Rebecca described how her horse stopped suddenly and gazed up at the sky as a bright orange light circled above the turbines."

"flashing orange ball", "It was really bright and glowing, it went dimmer and then moved across horizontally", "Animals are more susceptible to things like that. Obviously we get a lot of airplanes flying over but she never normally gets bothered by them. I instantly thought it was strange" (article says her Mum and Sister were called to look but they do not confirm the sighting).

Peter Green [Haslingden; 12.30am Sunday, January 4] Lancashire Telegraph: (witness dogwalking, not local area (100 miles wnw of Louth) but same day and area of Jamie Parnells sighting that Sunday)

"Mr Green, 55, said he was walking his dog in Grasmere Road when he saw a moving, bright, solid-orange light."

"As the first light, which seemed to follow the Rossendale Valley, came closer at what seemed a considerable speed, it rose almost vertically over the other side of the valley above Scoutmoor Wind Farm, followed at regular two-to-three second intervals by a further eight identical object"

"Once all nine lights had risen to a height when their brightness was faded, they gathered in a ‘diamond nine’ formation, then one by one – in the order they had passed me and risen – they faded and disappeared, or simply gained further height and went out of sight."

"I was scared because I couldn’t find any logical explanation. It wasn’t like the different coloured flashing lights you see on an aircraft or helicopter."They were solid orange balls which made no noise. It was weird. "

"I’m a total sceptic, but it was like something out of Close Encounters"

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Oops, tarifa37 already posted this...

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Krollspell]

Wig

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Having read all the witness accounts again (thanks to above -but one- poster), I find it a pity that not many of them are specific to the time of observation or duration and what the nature of the end of the event was.

I wonder if it is possible for these things to generate enough voltage that it would short circuit down to the ground - to appear as "lightening bolt tentacles" If it did this, then the white light above the turbine could be electricity shorting, the orange light could be fire related, and the possible explosions could account for the turbine blade becoming loose and falling off.

[edit on 14/1/2009 by Wig]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Now the sun newspaper has 'investigated it', Cool all the answers will be forthcoming..
Oh hang on a second , they 'investigated' for an hour, with a metal detector whilst taking pictures of a guy in overals , hard hat and reflective jacket.
Silly me I thought for a moment it was going to be serious..

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster.

There are a few things about this that are bothering me:
1). The turbine is twisted around on its axis.
The turbine seems to have been rotated clockwise in relation to the surrounding turbines, see the picture the Sun have used at the top right of the page here.

This raises a couple of questions:
- Have there been any previous cases where one blade has fallen into another, and it has turned the turbine round like this? Is it even possible?
- Does this suggest that something has collided with the turbine?
- If something collided with the turbine, why was the blade only found directly below the turbine? Was it moved? (see below)

2). There are conflicting reports about the blade that was detached.
This event took place at 4am on Sunday 4th January.
According to the Wind Watch article, "Ecotricity emergency engineers" were on site at 3PM on Sunday January 4th. This article was posted on 6th January, with images of the blade on the ground. We do not know when the images were taken though.

In the initial online report published on Monday 5th January at 2.55PM, from Louth Leader newspaper states that when two witnesses to UFOs arrived at the scene, the blade that was knocked off of the turbine was not at the scene.

The couple went to the scene to have a closer look, and like many residents, take photographs of the damage. But, when they arrived at the scene, they were shocked to find they had little evidence to go on.

"When we got there, there was nothing to be seen - not even the propeller on the ground" added Dorothy.

"Those blades are pretty sturdy – we saw them when they were being constructed – whatever has hit them has made quite an impact. I was shocked to see that there was no debris left".

Although they do not name their sources, the Sun article also stated that the blade was not a the scene:

Afterwards there was no trace of one of the turbine’s three huge 65ft blades — ripped off in the collision.

3). Part of the blade is now missing.
This must be one of the parts that has been taken to Germany. You can see in the image from the Wind Watch article, the open end of the blade includes an extended section with numerous bolts hanging out of it. The main image on the latest Sun article published today, shows this part missing.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

What??
That means the blade has not been taken anywhere it is still underneath the turbine!And I know it is a bit of a joke investigation but he did say it looks like it had been struck by something.
www.thesun.co.uk...

Decked out in boiler suit, hard hat and high-visibility vest, I scanned the site for clues of alien life forms. In the shadow of the looming structure lay the remains of the 65ft-long blade torn off in the encounter.

Close examination suggested it had taken an almighty blow from a large solid object that smashed one side of the blade.

(Could that just be damage caused as it hit the other blade on the way down and the metal steps at the base of the turbine?)

In fact only a small section of the blade was removed for tests..

Ecotricity have ruled out a lightning strike or build-up of ice wrecking the turbine.

Ministry of Defence sources hinted it may have been hit by an unmanned stealth jet.

And forensic scientists in Germany are studying sections of wreckage.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join