It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a ufo hit wind turbine in Conisholme UK? See picture and news article..

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

So they do have a bright light on them? A red one. I thought a warning light may be attached for aircraft at that height. Cheers for the information. Very interesting stuff. The ufo orbs seen at the site, if true, would be attracted by bright lights for sure. Like a moth to a candle. Like they often get attracted to people having a smoke. They like the light.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81

Originally posted by JipStix

As for the Ice theory turbines have sensors in the blade. If they detect ice forming they turn themselves off. So I think we can rule that one out. As many people have pointed out.

"Owners Ecotricity last night confirmed the ice theory had been ruled out"

We will just have to wait until next week, if it is a UFO then yup this is amazing. Untill we get more into there is no point jumping the gun

I'd wait for the independant findings. If it was ice it would costs Ecotricty and the manufacturer a fortune - refer to my earlier post, the same company had to shut down 2 windfarms in december for throwing out projectile ice - sensors i think aren't working myself.

Bear in mind it has been icy - it has despite what other people are posting, and the altirude with the windmill being so high must be much colder and more open to the elements (due to its purpose). What if the the windmill had partially melted but the sensor didb't pick up the remaining frozen blade when it turned back on thinking the ice has melted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

Wig

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It seems pretty credible that this was just a blade failure, by fatigue or lightning strike or somehow affected by the cold temp.

The blade fell, struck the other blade on it's way down.

There's nothing to see here, I suggest you all move on, I certainly will be.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Very true I think we can both agree on something then, and that’s to wait until more information has been released from creditable sources. We can keep guessing all day, the only time the guessing will stop is when somebody says “I told you so, I was right and you were wrong”

My guess about the whole situation “I haven’t got a clue”

Aliens – maybe

Ice – maybe

Wind – ha it’s a wind turbine

Lightning – low possibility

Military craft - low possibility

Malfunction – very possible

I got my money on ET from the movie ET, did anyone look for a rather long glowing finger near the scene of the investigation “Ouch”

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wig

That all I see so far, somebody didn't do their job properly and lives could of been at risk "Hence the hype and the big investigation" I think the lights in the sky were from the reflection of the witnesses glasses "Why do they all ware glasses" No offence to anyone who wears glasses. Think these witnesses should of gone to SpecSavers

Amyway I still have no clue what happned so I will just wait and enjoy this thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

I have been considering the possibility of vandalism. I admit that it is pretty hard to imagine, but I visit Lincolnshire fairly regularly and the roads are dotted with signs protesting against the wind farms.

A lot of the Lincolnshire countryside has remained the same for Hundreds of years, and some people view the windfarms as a terrible eyesore.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
They said there was a firework display near by, quite easily have been seen by witnesses...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Now i think if anything was heading towards that turbine it would of shown up on radar possibly, And the light seen in the area could of been some sort of UFO crash retrieval team getting there before the turbine guys and the locals and hauling off possible UFO,

That may account for the lights seen, Yes it was very cold that morning and the blades have been known to break thru stress/cold, The damaged fallen blade was recovered and taken away to Germany where i believe there manufactured for analysis, so until the manufactures let us know there theory it's out in the open.

just my two penneth, would of been on this one early if it was not for my pesky jaked laptop

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
reply to post by MCoG1980

Very true I think we can both agree on something then, and that’s to wait until more information has been released from creditable sources. We can keep guessing all day, the only time the guessing will stop is when somebody says “I told you so, I was right and you were wrong”

My guess about the whole situation “I haven’t got a clue”

Aliens – maybe

Ice – maybe

Wind – ha it’s a wind turbine

Lightning – low possibility

Military craft - low possibility

Malfunction – very possible

I got my money on ET from the movie ET, did anyone look for a rather long glowing finger near the scene of the investigation “Ouch”

localized miniscule wormhole / blackhole , which explains its octopus look and why there is no debri in the field.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

Thats it, Large Hadron Collider

Doomed I tells ya, Doomed

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hi all ,I have just returned from a weekend in Brussels(40th B,Day treat).I see that this still has not got a definitive answer to it.I guess we may have to wait for the forensic tests that they said would take up to a week ,so that should be tomorrow then. Any new news that I may have missed?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

These things are 300ft in height, but then again that did not stop protestor’s climbing that power station. Then again those protestors were against Coal/Nuclear power. Wonder is the entrance to the wind turbine structure had been tampered with; somebody could have easily climbed up there and undone a few nuts and bolts. Not an easy task but these wind farms have annoyed quite a few people in the area, I was browsing the net on that particular wind farm and there were a lot of negative comments regarding turbines. Loss of sleep, interference…… and so forth.

Sabotage – unlikely but a possibility

[edit on 11-1-2009 by psycho81]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the Vid Highlander 2008, I do enjoy
these 'tongue-in-cheek' news items. I know...
I know, but before you jump and down and ask
me to stop saying hoax, which I don't think it was,
let me explain.

The X files music, the cameraman filming through the grass
and the blurred UFO-shaped street lamp and of course, the
obligitory Christmas decoration... the seriousness that this
news item was taken was for all to see, shallow.

It's a filler, an item that doesn't usually reach the mainstream.
I believe something occurred there and I believe the turbine
was damaged... but I seriously doubt it was a flying saucer.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by IronMan]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Your attitude towards anyone who disagrees with you is appalling and my claims are so unfactual that you must stoop to outpourings of vitriolic bile. That aside, I'll add this.

Everything has been built on two initial facts, a damaged turbine and observed lights. There is no proof either are connected. Everything else is built on this.Because of known stress fracture damage elsewhere, it is suggested this is the same. This is conjecture and is no more valid a point than a UFO collision claim.

My money is on the aerial object because Ecotricity in the absence of evidence to the contrary at this time, believes it was hit by an aerial object. Hopefully, the results will be honest and will end speculation. If however there was a collision with an extraterrestrial vehicle, that would never be revealed to the public.

I won't give you my sources but I will tell you this that the wind farm companies know almost immediately if a turbine fails. As you are well aware, there are many turbines in Wales and I'm a shareholder in one project and hopefully will invest in more, so I know a bit. As you know I'm a keen environmentalist and I know that other companies are looking at this, shall we say 'unorthodox' incident.

The engineers were on site early Sunday morning the 4th, just after dawn. The Louth Leader quoted Mr & Mrs Willows as visiting the site that morning too. They took photos, but there was no 'propeller' on the ground. The Sun reported the missing blade a few days later of its own volition, but following that, many other papers reported that the blade was under the tower, but that came from news agencies, not independently. It conveniently attempted to undermine the idea of a blade not being under the mast.

Wind Watch published on the 8th that engineers were there on the Sunday morning. A Notts University expert on turbine design said it would take 10 tonnes to impact & snap the blade. The Grimsby Telegraph quotes Ecotricity "This is the first time anything like this has happened...so we have no basis for comparison." Of course they do forstandardfailures in other farms.

The story was circulating as soon as the engineers appeared on site Ecotricity has never said the blade was below the tower either. Even Nick Pope stated on the This Morning programme that the blade was elsewhere in the farm.

Yes, the MD of the insurance company misquoted Ecotricity by saying this happens 5/6 times per year in x thousands of turbines. Ecotricity are saying 'they've never seen anything like it'[in the industry].

And my statement that it will be known immediately in which direction an object was travelling when striking the blades is correct - if an aerial object hit it of course.

I am curious though how there are images on this forum of a damaged blade and other debris below and near the turbine tower, seemingly accredited to Wind Watch, when more than enough witnesses claim they were there even before the engineers and saw no such debris in the immediate vicinity of the tower. They took photos on the 4th. I know some were sent to The Grimsby Telegraph which were not published, but were mentioned on its website on ... the 8th. Could Wind Watch have an unhealthy interest in portraying wind farms as dangerous?

In conclusion, as for idiots & pathetic statements like vetting people to see if they are good enough to meet your criteria, you are the threat to any truths. I've uncovered more truths than most people have had hot dinners. I've exposed many cover up corruptions and I've got an appeal in currently against North Wales Police for its blatant refusal to hand over FOIA request info'. But then you know that.

I'm curious too about your membership of this forum. When did you join? How come other members with the suffix UK (LincolnUK) are in complete agreement with everything you say? When did they join?

Pob hwyl.
Scott L. Felton
CUFOG.
www.conwyufogroup.piczo.com

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottX

May I ask who you are directing your views at?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
An Update On The Story (unless aready posted):

www.ufocasebook.com...

10th Jan...........

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The mysterious severance of a wind turbine blade may have been caused by a mechanical failure, an expert said.

The 213ft turbine at Conisholme in Lincolnshire was left wrecked by the incident, which saw one blade completely severed and another one damaged

"It does happen that a blade will sometimes just come off a machine for one reason or another," he said. "The main reason is the blade may shear.

"We don't normally see things like aircraft - or UFOs - hitting them. It's usually a mechanical failure that causes the blade to separate from the main hub."

The freezing weather was another possible cause of the breakage, he said, adding that it could cost up to £250,000 to repair Source

This is news from the 8th and was kept out of the bigger media groups.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Blade being sent to Germany for analysis.

Nick Pope comments...

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Maybe it was hit by a chinese lantern, from a nearby wedding festival..

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
When these things get out of control, and they know that one of em is going to break, people from miles around are evacuated for their own safety. Now that suggest to me that the blades can fly a fair distance once they come off. Dont expect it to turn up so quickly.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join