It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US blocks UN Security Council action on Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Originally posted by soultorent

Guess who Hamas is killing?

Babies, families, innocent civilians.

Israel has every right to fight back

4, that's the number of dead Israelis due to Hamas rockets.

At least 450, that's how many Palestinians have died from Israels "response".

Israel had every right to take out the rocket launchers. Not exactly hard to find a rocket launcher, once it launches, the smoke trail kinda paints a clear trail back to it.

Unfortunately, preventing further violence isn't good enough for Israel... they have to kill at least 100 people for every person they've lost.

This sounds justified to you?

Sounds very justified. How many would you kill if 4 members of your family were killed?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
THANK GOD, I can again for the first time in a long time say I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!

It has been a long time coming I can tell you that, but it has come and YAHOO!!!

I am sure considering that muslims have more than half the membership of the UN that many Muslims and Jew Haters would love to see the UN be about the majority.

Besides look at it this way, Israel wouldn't have abided by anything that they saw as against their Rights or anything that they might consider National Security anyways so you didn't lose anything if this story upsets you.

An American or a card carrying zionist? I say card carrying zionist because you either have an Israeli passport /plan on getting one or are one of those loony End Timers, the biggest suicide bombers on the planet.

[edit on 073131p://pm3102 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by soultorent

Sounds very justified. How many would you kill if 4 members of your family were killed?

Would say....500+ men, women and children suit you?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by soultorent

I would kill ever last person...who killed my family member.

No more. Any more and I am just as bad as they are, if not worse.

In fact i think I would struggle, other than in blind rage, to kill the people who killed my family, for I know the horror it will bring to their families, and that would be something terrible to do without regretting it.

We arn't all murderous excuses for human beings.

And whoever said most countries want America for support, please think again. Most countries governments want America, the people of those countries on the other hand quite often feel the completel opposite.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Gee didn't see that one coming. Way to go USA, you good ol' enablers you!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by donhuangenaro

Just goes to show how hypocritical other nations are. They will take in refugees from other wars and resettled them but won't touch the Palestinians with a ten foot pole. Regardless of why they are refugees, your country and others will still not help them. You cry about the poor Palestinians and you send then food and medicine and then once the little war is over, you leave them sitting in a small refugee camps living under the same horrible conditions and forget about them.

Dang hypocrites don't care about the Palestinians as much as they do for criticizing Israel.

BTW, yes I am a freaking American and dang proud of it.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by jam321]

you are calling people like me hypocrites but in the same time you approve 400 killed in recent slaughter (not to mention thousands in 60 years of aggression)?

you know, I am glad that I am nothing like you, and I am glad that you are proud to be american!

your hate for america is the reason why the hate goes right back at you. sorry to burst your bubble, but the middle east has been at war with eachother a LOOONG time before America was even "discovered"

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
By this 'hypocrite' logic people have started throwing around, I am a hyopcrit because I am against rape.

And yet wouldn't simply let every rape victim around the world come to my country.

I am a hypocrite because I am against guns being owned by the general population, and yet I don't let every non gun owning person into my country.

I am a hypocrite, because I am not against sex before marriage, and yet I don't let every single person who has had sex before marriage into my country.

The hypocrite argument is absolutly moot.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

In the UN there is a core group of 5 countries,P5.(UK,US,China,Russia & France)

They have the power of veto,and all it takes is one to stop a motion going through.This was established in order to prohibit the UN from taking any future action directly against its principal founding members.(discussion have been underway to get rid of it,especially after recent history)

In the last 20yrs the US has used its power of veto 13 times.1 for Bosnia.1 for Rhodesia.And 11 for Israel.

I say we should do what the US did concerning Iraq,they ignored the veto's from Russian and France.So its time to stick 2 fingers up to the US government and tell 'em we don't give a damn what they think!

And is it only me who's noticed that the vast majority of those who say the UN is useless are American?

No political organization is going to be perfect,no political organization will reach all of its goals.The important thing is that they try to make a difference.Which is a whole lot better than having no one at all.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

In the UN there is a core group of 5 countries,P5.(UK,US,China,Russia & France)

They have the power of veto,and all it takes is one to stop a motion going through.This was established in order to prohibit the UN from taking any future action directly against its principal founding members.(discussion have been underway to get rid of it,especially after recent history)

In the last 20yrs the US has used its power of veto 13 times.1 for Bosnia.1 for Rhodesia.And 11 for Israel.

I say we should do what the US did concerning Iraq,they ignored the veto's from Russian and France.So its time to stick 2 fingers up to the US government and tell 'em we don't give a damn what they think!

And is it only me who's noticed that the vast majority of those who say the UN is useless are American?

[edit on 4-1-2009 by DantesLost]

well please if you think the UN is so helpful, list its accomplishments. that only like listing french war victories. absolutely none.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Feel free to take a glance at these pages from more recent times.

www.un.org...
www.un.org...
www.un.org...
www.sidsnet.org...
www.un.org...

Just a few to start you off with.

I'm always amazed when people mock the UN for 'only being good for humanitarian aid.' Look around the world,thats one thing people need most of all!!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
To veto a binding or non binding agreement,or call for a cease fire,is embarrasing.

Even if the vote is nothing more than a symbolic gesture.
Why wouldnt the U.S want to halt a war thats killing the innocent?
And I mean the innocent in the sense that more civilians are dying than Hamas members.

The U.S government(not its people) has become rouge/renegade shell of itself.
Its become a war enabling pig.

Israel has more than made its point to Hamas,and enough people have died.

So,the U.S wants to be the voice of the world.
And from what moral highground are the handing down these judgements?

I do hope the U.S never needs the support of the international community,cause I doubt they will have much support.

A few parting ponders........

1.Does it concern anyone how many people in our government have dual citizenship with Israel?Start with Michael Chertoff.
Hardly gives them a unbias opinion in the matter.

2.The U.S's attempt at ruling the world through their decrees ofright and wrong,could come back to haunt them.
Afterall Rome stood for alot longer than the U.S and they are no longer.

As an American,I dont believe war and killing people solves anything.In the end talking is what ends all.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is Lebanon 2, where they blocked by veto a resolution that would put an end to the violance and sufering, they blocked it then, and it's the same now.It's clear, Israel could eat babies for brekfast and it would not matter.Any ressolution against Israel is anti-semitic.Because Israel could do anything, because they are Jews, and Jews sufered, so that gives them the eternal right of blowing anyone up and calling it peace.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
This is Lebanon 2, where they blocked by veto a resolution that would put an end to the violance and sufering, they blocked it then, and it's the same now.It's clear, Israel could eat babies for brekfast and it would not matter.Any ressolution against Israel is anti-semitic.Because Israel could do anything, because they are Jews, and Jews sufered, so that gives them the eternal right of blowing anyone up and calling it peace.

the jews are a tiny community surrounded by tens of millions of muslim/arab people thate hate them for the simple fact that they are jewish

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

That being said,than the poor people of Darfur should be able to rule the world.

They have suffered just as much,if not more than the jews ever did.
And wheres the outcry to put an end to this?
Never again the people cried?
Oh really?
Considering this genocide is still ongoing,my care cup remains empty for the "poor" state of Israel.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

the jews are a tiny community surrounded by tens of millions of muslim/arab people thate hate them for the simple fact that they are jewish

That is not true, before the state of Israel no one had problems with them because they were Jewish. It's the ocupation, the suffering of generation after generation, that made the arabs feel like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

And of course Israel don't hold that opinion of their neighbours at all do they,hmmm.

I'll direct you herewww.abovetopsecret.com...as you are one of the many on this site that need to read it.

But,be warned,it might alter your perceptions.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
UN is working, sanctions, embargos, where does that come from?
UN is not working when Israel is the issue.All in favor exept USA, well how nice.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
....commercial break....

What a completely worthless conversation. Two groups of haters having at each other.

Hamas is a criminal organization that somehow got control of a people, probably by force. If they could they would commit genocide against the Jews without a second thought.

The Zionists are an elitist group of Bigots ready to do the same to them.

Terrorists are not even in the ballpark of freedom fighters as they only represent one religions desire to kill every member of all other religions. They don't even represent their own religion.

People who side with or apologize for the activities of any of them are guilty of the same horrible acts for their support. If you argue in favor of Terrorists, you are one. If you argue in favor of Zionists, you are one.

Israel is keeping food and medicine from civilians and Hamas is launching missiles into residential neighborhoods trying to kill any Jew they can. How anyone could fully support either side just floors me. You are all nuts and dangerous.

As far as the UN goes it is a meaningless body used mainly to conduct organized crime operations from. They are all there just to get as much money as they can lay their hands on and to avoid getting a real job that has meaning. Why any country belongs is beyond me.

As to the American haters who spread their Bigotry all over this board your pea brains are showing.

....We now return to the local hate groups in the midst of a battle of their small minds....

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

That is not true, before the state of Israel no one had problems with them because they were Jewish. It's the ocupation, the suffering of generation after generation, that made the arabs feel like that.

no one had problems with them because they were too busy killing eachother

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost
reply to post by Swatman

And of course Israel don't hold that opinion of their neighbours at all do they,hmmm.

I'll direct you herewww.abovetopsecret.com...as you are one of the many on this site that need to read it.

But,be warned,it might alter your perceptions.

great topic i got to say. If both sides werent such religious extremists, this would not exist. please tell me. why does the US support israel? is it because the jews hold a high amount of influence of money right here in America? what is the reason for it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join