It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US blocks UN Security Council action on Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
humanitarianism is Israel's job

so, you call killing people, humanitarianism?

This will be my last answer to you:

I care about every killed person on this world, but the fact that I can't do much to help them does not make me hypocrite...

...and the fact that I am mentioning 400 Palestinians is because it is relevant in this moment and in this thread, mods would sanction me if I would go astray...

the fact that you cannot comprehend these simple facts speak by itself

go and be proud to be american!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I have nothing to say about that and this thread has nothing to do with that. Why don't you check and see what the UN had to say about it? Amazing how so many people are worried about the safety of the Palestinians but insist that they should stay in an area where bullets with no names are flying. Seems like no country is willing to take them in.

I will say it again

There is not a country today that has the gonads to go in there and force Israel to stop.

That means there will be refugees. So there are two choices. Put them in a shanky refugee camp along Egypt's border or have nations take them in like they did the Iraqi's. Guess somebody better start building up that refugee camp in Egypt.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Mdv2

I have nothing to say about that and this thread has nothing to do with that.

This thread has everything to do with conflict since the background of that situation was perfectly similar to the background of the current conflict. After all, aren't you among those who constantly mention that Hamas has started all of this? Georgia also started shelling South Ossetians. The US, however, chose sided with Georgia because it is in its strategic interest.

Nothing wrong with that, but cut the crap about hypocrisy; if there's one country hypocritical, it's yours.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

I was born an American, bred an American, and will die an American. Thank you very much.

First I don't call you an hypocrite, that is talking about the countries who want to save the Palestinians as long as they stay in their own area. Second, war is hell and there is nothing you or I can do to stop Israel from doing what it is doing. Third, criticism should also be given to the countries who allowed this to escalate to the point it did. Fourth, There is no Nation willing to go in and force Israel to stop. Fifth, the UN is a stalling factor. They have seldom been able to find solutions to the problems that are brought before it. Sixth, if concerns for the Palestinians plight is sincere then why do nations not try to resettled some into their own countries as they did with the Iraqis. What is more important, their lives or a piece of land?

I apologize if you took hypocrite to mean you.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Glad we balled up and told them no.

Hamas picked this fight. Israel is going to finish it.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Go cry me a river. You are asking me to explain a situation in which I did not cover , barely heard about, and have little knowledge of. So go ask your gun loaded question to somebody else. I have said time and time again that Hamas is the problem, not that Hamas started this. There will be no peace till Hamas is out of there.

Look up hypocrisy and look at yourself. There are many forces behind this. You just choose to focus on Israel.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

reply to post by donhuangenaro

I was born an American, bred an American, and will die an American. Thank you very much.

Spoken like a true Palestinian

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
THANK GOD, I can again for the first time in a long time say I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!

It has been a long time coming I can tell you that, but it has come and YAHOO!!!

I am sure considering that muslims have more than half the membership of the UN that many Muslims and Jew Haters would love to see the UN be about the majority.

Besides look at it this way, Israel wouldn't have abided by anything that they saw as against their Rights or anything that they might consider National Security anyways so you didn't lose anything if this story upsets you.

Please tell me that was a sarcastic post. To quote John McEnroe ...you cannot be serious!!!

Unless.. the jingoist propaganda is working on the masses, the titanic showdown between East and West will become a sad inevitability. If the good membership of ATS are buying into it, I shudder to think how the unawoken majority are reading these world events. The main news report tonight on our New Zealand tv covering the Gaza crisis was blatantly pro-Israeli. Everybody and everything is losing the sense of balance. To the point of unhingement. It's not good.

And I agree, the UN are toothless. It's a kangaroo court. Protecting their own self-interests and subliminally serving the wider agenda.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
sick!!

once again USA shows its true face that of a babykiller murder based empire

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

Originally posted by Darthorious
What does it matter?

Even if the US did agree it would stop nothing as the UN is powerless in events such as this and if it tried to stop it by force it would end up resulting in a possible world war.

Quite honestly the UN has been infective for years in situations like this they only good thing that comes from the UN is humanitarian aid but even that at times is questionable.

Doesn't matter what the UN thinks because history shows no one there has any power to control anything in a war time environment. In fact the UN is usually the ones running and hiding when it gets messy in humanitarian aid areas leaving all non UN personnel to face their death.

I agree that UN is charade, but why are americans vetoing every resolution that criticize israel? If it would mean nothing why are they doing this then?

I think it would mean something, at least morally!

...this way americans (and those majority proud of it
) only prove their decadence and false morality with which they would like to 'democratize' all the planet (by dropping bomb on everyone who doesn't want their way of life, screaming terrorists! terrorists!)...

[edit on 4-1-2009 by donhuangenaro]

Have no idea why they would even vote much less "veto" it just seems pointless either way.

My guess is Bush made the decision behind the scenes after hearing him pretty much say it's their own fault for launching rockets I just thought oh great here we go again, and sure enough the word terrorist pops out and surprise surprise the US vetoed it.

I'm pretty sure if it was someone else other than the bush clan it would not have been vetoed.

I just wonder if he was watching the streaming video of all the folks of whom most were obviously civilians being brought into the hospitals and maybe he would have a change of heart.

It's pretty sad when the Palestinian's are even saying this was a stupid move that will only divide the 2 countries further apart. It's sad because they are dead on right with that statement. But after what the US did with Iraq it has just set a president for other nations to attempt the same thing.

So I'm expecting a lot more fights like this in the name of terror only in the end to lead to an all out war with multiple nations and maybe developing into a world war depending on how some of the other countries react to it.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
sick!!

You flower, Your asking the USA to order a cease-fire that won't be obeyed by Hamas.

Guess who Hamas is killing?

Babies, families, innocent civilians.

Israel has every right to fight back

[edit for civility]
Click here for more information.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by soultorent

Originally posted by sadchild01
sick!!

You idiot, Your asking the USA to order a cease-fire that won't be obeyed by Hamas.

hamas is retaiatling against the israeli genocide and ethnic cleansing

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You got that wrong, there will be no peace while america is in this world. You have it the wrong way round. Israel is just a small country that is backed by england and usa, thats what protects them. Every country looks after its own interest, why should they want to fight others battles, that is why no one will stand upto them.

The unipolar world of the trio of evil, that is uk, usa and israel, are just murderers and the world has seen so much of that this century. While america tried to set up russia in georgia, russia showed that countries can show some sort of retaint and russia was applauded by alot for doing that, and the truth came out in the end.

the world needs america like a nail in the head, and there will never be peace in a world with you guys dictating to everyone what you want.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Geez i think the U.S. ISreal haters need to learn to read!

First the item the U.S. vetoed was a non binding statement. (press release) Israel could just give the UN the finger.

Everyone blames Israel for all this mess. did you ever stop to think that maybe if Hamas wouldn't have fired missiles into Israel they wouldn't have attacked Hamas. Notice Israel only attacked the Gaza strip where rockets have been fired from into Israel, they haven't attacked the west bank!

SO all you U.S. Bashers want something to happen to put an end to this Israel aggression. I got an Idea tell Hamas to quit shooting missiles into Israel and tell your government leaders to work with the U.S. on a resolution that has teeth and makes Israel withdraw from Gaza and make Hamas stop shooting bloody missles into Israell.

And yes all you Israel/ U.S. bashers are hypocrites! you piss and moan about the U.S. and Israel and blame them for everything but yet you don't do jack# for the Palestinians! After Israel stops punishing the Palestinians for giving power to Hamas you'll forget all about the Palestinians again within a week maybe 2

and oh yeah by the way Israel or any country has every right to defend themselves from rocket attacks. and whether you want to admit it or not Hamas is and always has been a terrorist organization!

And don't sit there and say that Israel is to blame for Hamas launching rockets at Israel because Israel closed off their borders so no aid could get in. Israel closed the border to try and stop the rocket attacks first before they started dropping bombs on Gaza.

But no matter what Israel or the U.S. does we all always the bad guys and we are always to blame.

I think i better stop here before i get banned some of the hypocrites on here that bash the U.S. and Israel really need to take a close look at themselves in the mirror before they pass judgment on anyone else or another country!

[edit on 1/4/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Is anyone surprised?? It would be like Israel voting against Israel??

No matter that children die daily

All you need to do to confirm that, is look at the blind pro-Israeli hype that is coming from our US posters.

IMO The end of this mad, mad world is a long time coming.

Respects

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well, I'm proud that America stands with its allies. The rest of the world knows that America has a BFG and lots of ammo to protect its allies. If Russia or China jumped on the EU they would want Americas help to save them again. It would be the same with dozens of other countries around the world. The best policy would be don't be a terrorist by Americas definition and you can expect help.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Once again, I plea for Israel to become a US state. With the power it has in Washington thanks to the jewish diaspora, I wonder why nobody ever thought about that. Thanks US of A , for letting once again civilians being killed.
I know that the Hamas is a bunch of uneducated morons trying to justify their existence by trying to kill israelis, but the Israelis always get caught in the trap. they hit, and they kill civilians, which is pretty ugly in the world news. Ever wondered why Palestinians always have support? Because they hide among civilians and they know how much does a civilian cost in the news : a loooooot !

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
THANK GOD, I can again for the first time in a long time say I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!

It has been a long time coming I can tell you that, but it has come and YAHOO!!!

You do know that America has blocked the UN from brokering a ceasefire, right? So you're yahooing the fact that people will be killing each other. Nice attitude.

Yeah, a ceasefire.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by soultorent

4, that's the number of dead Israelis due to Hamas rockets.

At least 450, that's how many Palestinians have died from Israels "response".

Israel had every right to take out the rocket launchers. Not exactly hard to find a rocket launcher, once it launches, the smoke trail kinda paints a clear trail back to it.

Unfortunately, preventing further violence isn't good enough for Israel... they have to kill at least 100 people for every person they've lost.

This sounds justified to you?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Unanimous voting is a ridiculous, unrealistic principle to begin with. Simple majority should be plenty! Every country looks primarily after its own self-interests and america is no exception. To be honest it does hurt me as an american that we vote the way we do and to a large degree this gives people the right to hate us.

And I am not talking about just this resolution alone. It seems anything humanitarian, enviromental, anti-israeli, etc always gets veteod by the same country. Indeed we should ask ourselves WHY??? Surely we can't be that selfish, can we? Or perhaps "everyone is wrong and I am right"...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join