It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were President or dictator how would you run the country?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by American Mad Man

17) Sorry, most people in this country had nothing to do with any of it

But, you benefit from it. (I really hate that nonchalant attitude)

I, nor any of my relatives benifit from this. My family came over to the US and worked hard to get to the position we are in today. Slavery nor the native American holocaust had anything to do with it. Intelegent investment and hard work had everything to do with it. I'm sorry if I offend you by sounding nonchalant, but the fact of the matter is I am sick of people crying foul over something that happened over a hundred years ago. It is that attitude that fosters bad race relations and wars between different religions. If these people would spend half of the time they complained and instead worked hard to further themselves I think they would be much more happy.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

if your so "high and mighty" with all the abosolute BS you spew why dont you tell us how would you run things!

First, I'd cut your tongue out and make you my driver.

I am soo ROTFLMAO

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I, nor any of my relatives benifit from this. My family came over to the US and worked hard to get to the position we are in today. Slavery nor the native American holocaust had anything to do with it. Intelegent investment and hard work had everything to do with it. I'm sorry if I offend you by sounding nonchalant, but the fact of the matter is I am sick of people crying foul over something that happened over a hundred years ago. It is that attitude that fosters bad race relations and wars between different religions. If these people would spend half of the time they complained and instead worked hard to further themselves I think they would be much more happy.

I am glad they could do that free of being lynched and having your business burned. Blacks attempted that "sound investment" as well---howeever, their businesses were destroyed. So, I really don't nneed to hear of how your family "worked hard."

"At the turn of the century, Blacks prospered throughout America. Because they could not shop nor do business in the White community, they built their own stores, hospitals, restaurants, and mass transit systems. One area which was particularly prosperous was Tulsa, Oklahoma. Living there were some of the most affluent Blacks in America. It was referred to as the Black Wall Street. There were hundreds of Black businesses throughout the city, but most were confined to a particular area in Tulsa. Doctors, lawyers, and businessmen abound in this community that was the most prosperous in Oklahoma.

On May 21, 1921, the fortunes for these Blacks would forever change. A Black man was accused of raping a White woman. This touch off a revolt that has not been repeated in American history. Spurred on by KKK leaders, Whites stormed into the Black community with the police by their sides. In less than 12 hours, the 35 block business district was completely destroyed. At the rising of the sun on June 1, 600 businesses, 21 churches, several schools and libraries, and the lives of nearly 3,000 Blacks had been wiped out."

www.ghg.net...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

On May 21, 1921, the fortunes for these Blacks would forever change. A Black man was accused of raping a White woman.

So did he really rape her?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

I like most of your ideas except:

5) I'd also allow abortions for rape victoms and 1st trimester

7) You need them for force projection

Force Projection? I think you mean Power Projection (if I remember my boot camp terminology) In any case, the Navy is still in full effect, and if people by THIS point in time need some Power Projection, then they haven't been watching the game these past few decades.

9) You want to have more nukes then anyone else

No I don't. I said enough. There is no cause to have the number of weapons we have. Even having 100 big boy nukes would be MORE than enough.

17) Sorry, most people in this country had nothing to do with any of it

Obviously, but the recognition is something that is long past due. Just because the people that came before you failed to do something that is right is no cause to say "Well, it no longer applies. No one cares anymore". I'm pretty sure the Natives on the reservations care. Take a stroll through a black community and just LOOK at the people who care.

18) The elector college is important - there is a reason the US is not a pure democracy, but rather a democratic republic.

Let me know why it is important now. Considering the intended purpose behind it, I'm sure you'll be hard pressed to justify it now.

Maybe it is power projection - I may be wrong. But I still believe that having a global military influence is important. It allows for a much quicker reaction to time critical threats. When we get our hypersonic transport aircraft, then I would agree that this would no longer be important.

as for a formal apology - I am sad that all of this happened to them, but the fact is that most people in this country had nothing to do with any of it. Further more it happened well before there grandparents were around! It did not happen to anyone of current generations. Under the logic that they still care, should all the Irish in this country be angry that they were persucuted when they imigrated and were not allowed to get jobs? If so should EVERY minority be issued one for anything that ever happened? Or does it only apply for blacks and American Indians?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I am glad they could do that free of being lynched and having your business burned. Blacks attempted that "sound investment" as well---howeever, their businesses were destroyed. So, I really don't nneed to hear of how your family "worked hard."

"At the turn of the century, Blacks prospered throughout America. Because they could not shop nor do business in the White community, they built their own stores, hospitals, restaurants, and mass transit systems. One area which was particularly prosperous was Tulsa, Oklahoma. Living there were some of the most affluent Blacks in America. It was referred to as the Black Wall Street. There were hundreds of Black businesses throughout the city, but most were confined to a particular area in Tulsa. Doctors, lawyers, and businessmen abound in this community that was the most prosperous in Oklahoma.

On May 21, 1921, the fortunes for these Blacks would forever change. A Black man was accused of raping a White woman. This touch off a revolt that has not been repeated in American history. Spurred on by KKK leaders, Whites stormed into the Black community with the police by their sides. In less than 12 hours, the 35 block business district was completely destroyed. At the rising of the sun on June 1, 600 businesses, 21 churches, several schools and libraries, and the lives of nearly 3,000 Blacks had been wiped out."

www.ghg.net...

Firstly, my fam was not here in 1920 - so my we were not involved. Second, I believe that this should demonstrate the need for the 2nd amendment. I'm not sure if blacks were allowed to own guns back then, and given our history, I wouldn't be suprised if they were not allowed. But here is the thing man - that was in 1921! You have to be between 80 and a hundred years old to have seen that. Hatred is, unfortunatly, a part of life. It probably always will be.

Using my family as an example, yes you are right, we were not lynched, but my grand father and great grandfather were looked down on because they were Greek. They did not complain that they were turned down liquer liscense after liquer liscense for their buisness, or that they couldn't get a comercial zone for a building when there were 4 on one side 5 on the other. Should I be issued an appology?

And as long as you are talking about blacks being lynched, does that mean all blacks should appologize for every white person they have killed? Of course not! It is silly - you can't hold the actions of a few to a general population.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In short- install a benevolent dictatorship and proceed to clean house economically, socially, and militarily all the enemies to my nation.

Longer coming up later.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I, and probably Colonel, am getting tired of the "it's not MY fault" # going around every time some halfbrained white teen finds his way here.

We never said it was YOUR FAULT. The fact remains that slavery has had a lasting impact up to and including the 1960's when there was quite a bit of violence and racial fighting going on.

This culture, as you people say, "was hundreds of years ago" if it stemmed all the way to the 60's, that is 400 years for racial president to officially solidify itself culturally.

There is no whining going on here as I am a white white white man looking honestly at the affects of the racial climate in this country.

"The policy was introduced in 1965 by President Johnson as a method of redressing discrimination that had persisted in spite of civil rights laws and constitutional guarantees. 'This is the next and more profound stage of the battle for civil rights,' Johnson asserted. 'We seek� not just equality as a right and a theory, but equality as a fact and as a result.' "

Affermative Action History

There was a distinct purpose to this legislation, that for the time was important to change the climate of this country.

And it worked.

As for the Native Americans, I would only like to see the U.S. government get off it's holy high horse for once and actually claim responcibility for what they actually did, which they have never done.

What they did was practically wipe out an whole groups of indigenous people, distroying their culture, and giving them small token land for their trouble of living through the ethnic cleansing.

400 years of that create quite a lasting impact.

So bond together all you disenfranchised white youth. You are the bain to education and the recognition of the past this country fails to teach.

Learn, you will be shocked at what you find out.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have a blog on this, and I think a lot of my views, if not all, are directly based on what would be good for society as a whole. Here's the link, but for you lazy ones, here's a copy-and-paste of my original text.

from this blog:
blogs.abovetopsecret.com...

"Meet David Proberson. Yes, that's a psuedoname but that's not important right now.

David Proberson is the American for YOU. He represents the american people, and the buck stops there. His goals are improving the future of humanity, one step at a time. Read his speech below and form your own opinions:

"My fellow Americans, my name is David Proberson, and I am an independent candidate for presidency of the United States. My independence is crucial to understand, as this means I have no conventional masters which could otherwise advise or guide my leadership. I have here an agenda which is more than just a set of political promises. It is a list of reforms that are necessary to perform, in my opinion, short of another revolution. I vow to address all of the matters I speak of here, as they are all important and in need of resolution.

In 2001, Americans as a whole faced a cowardly attack which had taken the lives of innocent civilians. I'm not talking only about the planes crashing down, but also the steps taken under the guise of resolving the issue of so-called terrorism. Without even reading them, members of your Congress have billed into law the Patriot Act which stops short of making our beautiful country a police state. This was a blatant assault on the civil liberties that makes our country not only tolerable, but also amiable by its citizens. When I take office, I will issue an armada of executive orders that not only will conduct probes into the actual terrorist event, but also there will be investigations of the actions taken after the event, up to and including the coincidental plans to invade Afghanistan for the Taliban regime. No stone shall be unturned in this investigation, and no one shall be spared. If over 3,000 people have paid this price with their lives, the least we owe them is the truth, naked and free of disinformation.

Not too long before that, the American people witnessed, in its most blatant form, corruption in the fundamentals of democracy. The 2000 Election was won by rigged machines and lobbying, and as a result, I promise to force into law the requirement for the election machines to be simultaneously monitored by federal, state, and independent officials to guarantee a 0% chance of tampering. Their results shall be posted through the mainstream press, as well. This, I feel, is critial for the survival of our democracy because the alternative is despotism. Despotism, my friends, never worked in the past and never will work in the future.

I also want to bring peace to the middle east, once and for all. We have to admit a responsibilty for that region, and it is about time to grow up and clean the mess we made. I will make concessions available to the Palestinian people, and will speak with Israel in the most serious of terms in regards of compliance with humanitarianism and internal management. The goal is to have stability in the region, so that the pain can go away. It is time for us to step away from protecting a government which acts on its own free will despite the consequences and does not comply with international accords that bound all the rest of us. I will personally ensure that our representatives at the United Nations will no longer veto and deny any kind of negative allegation or resolution towards Isreal, because the very basis of the UN is that all nations can be united and such actions of isolation only limit the ability of the organization to function. I agree with our European neighbors, that indeed, the greatest single threat to world peace is Israel's government and their relationships with certain Western officials.

Furthermore, I will bring back the money earned by the American People. Upon taking office, I will slash budgets across the board. Not education, or anything related to civil prospects, but instead massively expensive black budget itmes will no longer be tolerated. The NSA will also be made accountable for their actions, this time each and every one of them, and will have to make monthly reports to a congressional oversight committee which will include facts such as money spent and actions engaged; domestic and international. The majority of the projects that will see reduced spending are the ones related to exotic weapons and general direct or indirect aggression against people. I say with much comfort that our country has the means to defend itself, and to pursue advancement is this realm can only be self-defeating because we already have met the requirements for a "well regulated militia" as guaranteed by your Constitution.

Furthermore, I will bring the dollar back to the gold standard. The economical fall out that will happen at first will be controlled and absorbed properly, and anyone trying to manipulate the dollar's demise as a result will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Income tax will be reduced by 75%, no matter which bracket you file within and regardless of your previous taxation records. This will have little to no effect on the US Treasury as a return to the gold standard would fortify it with the majority of the holdings currently under guard by the Federal Reserve, which will also be repealed under my presidency, and will no longer have jurisdiction within the United States.

I promise to bring jobs to the American people. Not mundane jobs that leave a person stuck in one spot, but instead, more jobs with more oppurtunities will be created so that everyone can have a shot at the American dream. It is my belief that no human should be subjected to torturous or naturally adverse conditions any longer; it is time for robots to do that kind of undesireable work, and this will also create jobs for manufacturers as well as executives who can manage such robots. For those of you worried that the robots may take more jobs than they create, you can take solace in the fact that there will an issuance of US Bonds and other Treasury notes to those who initially lose jobs to this sort of transition. In addition to this compensation package, the fact that the undesired jobs would be taken by automatons would eventually lead to a decreased demand in that field and a proportionately increased demand for jobs that make you think and feel worthwile. Furthermore, because of the low costs as a result of this efficient form of production, inflation will drop and the average cost of life will reach lows last seen at the turn of the 19th Century. This will bring great oppurtunities towards those who live in debt, as well as to those who are just barely making ends meet. We live in a rich country, replete with its beautiful people and its resources. It's time for everyone to see and understand such a privilege.

These are just some of the finer points of my strategy for governing the office of Presidency. As you can see, I have the interest of the American people at heart without the hindrance of an external agenda. Thank you very much for listening to me, and I wish you all the best in the future."

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
1. Cut the death tax

2. Pull out of UN

3. Eliminate Welfare

4. Institute an interest tax, where millionaires who don't actively contribute, whether through charity or business are taxed till their eyes bleed

5. reform the school system

6. medical insurance reform

7. federally subsidize universities in order to bring down soaring tuitions

8. Institute the beginnings of an industrial senate, in which industry is represented in its own house, rather than the bribings of politicians

9. Up the military budget, invest in better training and tech for our troops

10. Create a fund for the families of troops killed in war or training, the current amount is not enough

11. Close the borders

12. legalize certain substances which are not legal now

13 increased funding for rehab, especially in poor communities

14 concealed weapons legal in every state

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So, uh, is anyone else w/ me and jsobecky's ideas for them yankees??

Next up would be open container laws! Get rid of them.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
(since we're in the pit
)

I'd go one step further and order a carpet bombing of yankee stadium with MOABs.

No, Bob, because you are advocating terrorism. Carpet bombing with MOAB's? interesting attempt at humor, if not incredibly ludicrous.

if this was a test, I hope I passed.

[Edited on 4/7/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Call for an immediate election! Why the Hell would I want that job?!?!?!? No thanks. Maybe abolish the Republican and Democratic parties before I go

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I, and probably Colonel, am getting tired of the "it's not MY fault" # going around every time some halfbrained white teen finds his way here.

We never said it was YOUR FAULT. The fact remains that slavery has had a lasting impact up to and including the 1960's when there was quite a bit of violence and racial fighting going on.

This culture, as you people say, "was hundreds of years ago" if it stemmed all the way to the 60's, that is 400 years for racial president to officially solidify itself culturally.

There is no whining going on here as I am a white white white man looking honestly at the affects of the racial climate in this country.

"The policy was introduced in 1965 by President Johnson as a method of redressing discrimination that had persisted in spite of civil rights laws and constitutional guarantees. 'This is the next and more profound stage of the battle for civil rights,' Johnson asserted. 'We seek� not just equality as a right and a theory, but equality as a fact and as a result.' "

Affermative Action History

There was a distinct purpose to this legislation, that for the time was important to change the climate of this country.

And it worked.

As for the Native Americans, I would only like to see the U.S. government get off it's holy high horse for once and actually claim responcibility for what they actually did, which they have never done.

What they did was practically wipe out an whole groups of indigenous people, distroying their culture, and giving them small token land for their trouble of living through the ethnic cleansing.

400 years of that create quite a lasting impact.

So bond together all you disenfranchised white youth. You are the bain to education and the recognition of the past this country fails to teach.

Learn, you will be shocked at what you find out.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by KrazyJethro]

First off, I am niether a teen nor "halfbrained" as you put it. My point wasn't just "it's not my fault" it's that it's over and done with. Get over it. Yes, our history is not as perfect as most are led to think, but thats just the point - it's HISTORY! There is always going to be hate on all sides by some. That doesn't mean the government should apologize to every group that was discriminated against.

IMO, these people should know what happened, but not hold some kind of grudge because quite frankly very few people alive now were part of it or buy into that mentality. As you said, it lasted up into the 60's - thats +/- 40 years.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yeah and the US government gave african americans a chance at a free 1 way trip back to africa. I guess the people who didn't go liked welfare to much and would rather gripe about how awful we white americans are and how much we owe them, yeah America is such an awful place for black people but if you don't like this racist land who enslaved your ancestors and is such a bad place than leave! We don't owe you squat, your own people sold you to us. Yeah black africans sold black slaves to the US, what would have happened if we didn't buy them? They would of been slaves in africa or killed. So there you have it, you guys got the better end of a raw deal. get over it, if you don't like it go home but don't think you can go digging around in my wallet for some sort of hand out.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So, I'm supposed to just "get over it." After centuries of murder, rape, and physical, mental, and social destruction---which ended maybe 35-40 yrs ago, now, I'm supposed to "let bygones be bygones" and sing Kumbayah. You think after just 35-40 yrs compared to 4 centuries of evil that ANYONE"S gotten over it, particularly when everyone else from foreign lands get all the breaks?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

Yeah and the US government gave african americans a chance at a free 1 way trip back to africa. I guess the people who didn't go liked welfare to much and would rather gripe about how awful we white americans are and how much we owe them, yeah America is such an awful place for black people but if you don't like this racist land who enslaved your ancestors and is such a bad place than leave!

Where are we supposed to go? Back to Africa? Remember you robbed us of our culture too so we don't speak the language. We don't know the tribal ancestry. YOu completely anhilated a people---it wouldn't be the first time.

So, you can keep your welfare crap to yourself, racist, because I'll have you know that white people are the majority takers of welfare, son.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Flat tax for everyone, we dont need tax brackets, all that does is keep poor people poor.

De-regulate the economy... the gov't has no business messing with the free market, it will regulate itself.

Destroy the planet Earth; this will end every problem that is perceived by humanity.

-Durandal

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Of course, those wacky arabs who are being relocated to detaining centers are getting "all the breaks". The japanese who were put into internment camps got one hell of a "break". The Mexicans who truly contribute to society and yet are continually denied citizen's rights get a great "break". Not to mention the native americans who got the biggest "break" of all, almost getting wiped off the map.

My ancestors were pack mules for the conquistadors, and were raped and pillages repeatedly by spain. The catholic church has subjugated my (mexican) people under a continual religious dominance. You don't see me asking for handouts, instead I work for my money.

So many ethnic groups have had it so much worse than african americans, and yet you are the only ones that bitch constantly.

hmm. maybe because you have a few celebrities that just want pr

bull#

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by Dreamstone]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If I were the supreme ruler of the universe, I would make sure people STAY THE # ON TOPIC! Enough of this bitching about how african-americans today deserve handouts, or how affirmative action doesn't work. Take it to a different thread, damnit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join