It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is no where near an official announcement, dunno who this fella is, but he is talking out of the wrong hole.

Those who are worried, here is the official home page for USGS

USGS
You will find nothing about any concerns over Yellowstone, nothing out of the ordinary to worry about at all.

This guy needs to be fed to some Lions IMO, absolutely no reason in the World to do this, other than to try and spread panic and chaos.

Well done to those who picked this up, and stopped him in his tracks, I cant help wondering however, is this being done all over the web on different forums? has anyone seen this stuff anywhere else? this crap could really hurt people or even cause deaths, if I'm right its also illegal, using government credentials ie the page layout, spreading fear using official looking headings, not only for the internet, but on paper, cold be wrong though, but I think I'm right.

Does anyone know if this is a Federal crime?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Oh brother. This guy could have been a silent movie actor. Talk about your histrionics.

I think it does bear watching though (the YS SV that is). With all the earthquake swarms that have been going on throughout the west, something big could be up.

Now that I think about it, this vid could be a red herring to throw people off the trail.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I hope that it is a false alarm. Of course it this geologist feels that danger is real it is his duty to alert the people, panic or not. But from what i know (nothing serious - couple of documentary movies) serious geological event in that area will make 200kms radius ridiculous. It was described as major cataclysm that will reshape North America. 200 km??

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Find the actual caldera uplift..... 2 years ago it was 30 cm....

From what I know if it gets 60 cm uplift it is time to be ...... scared.

From geologists calculations the last time the caldera blowup .. the uplift before it blow was at leest 60cm.
It as been rising slowly..... but it can rise 30cm in days.

So look for the uplift info..... then talk about it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The animals are not acting strangely because they are in on the conspiracy. On a side note, someone had asked what kind of mask they should get...I would suggest either a Freddy Krueger or Michael Myers mask should do nicely.
I get no bad feelings, and there has been nothing from the GFOL, so I'm feeling good that nothing will happen in the immediate future. I'd be watching the conflict in the M.E. more than I'd be even remotely interested in this non-event.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I agree hunter for the most part - but in terms of them holding back info - believe me they do.

As mentioned my dad is an expert in this field and regularly has worked with USGS and they don't mention anything until they are 100% sure - despite, he reckons, in the past he's seen some pretty scary stuff in terms of activity that has been poo pooed by them publically.

Also - as in my original thread - I know for a FACT that just before christmas there was significant activity at Mt Baker - including the melting of a massive area of the glacier on the upper slopes - which in my mind is news. Did it even hit the local press? no.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Could somebody tell me how many personal measurement instruments or any other kind of tools this guy has at Yellowstone?

If you want to believe Hollywood go ahead. But at least that guy in the movie had his own instruments and team on site.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I agree. I should be alarmed more than anyone as at last count I have more than 300 relatives in Southeastern Idaho. I'm not going to scare them over this fellows opinion though. You should see all the projects he is into. He is of course, by his own words, going to save the children and the world.

The rest of you should google all of his stuff on the Internet. He is either a deity or saint or a confidence man gone wild.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My sister lives in Spokane Washington, also close enough to be scared about Yellowstone, and I wouldn't let her be scared by the bad acting of that guy.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

They put up Yellow Alerts here in Alaska at the drop of a hat. They don't seem shy about it up here. We get info from them almost immediately and they keep the updates in good order on the Internet.

Yellowstone is likely crawling with Vulcanologist as we speak. If an eruption were imminent some would break ranks and tell us. How the USGS became a conspiracy topic I can't imagine. These people are right there and would be the first to die. When they run, I'll panic.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Oh, there has been no official warning, so the guy must be lying.

We love and trust our government to keep us safe and let us know of impending disaster. If something does go wrong, they'll leap into action just like hurricane Katrina.

The government has never kept data of an impending threat secret before.

This is the general feeling I am getting from many posters on this topic. Wake up.

We have (on our records) unprecedented seismic activity in Yellowstone, and with all the studies of the area that have been done in the past, this is exactly how an eruption there would start.

The government would probably know far more about it than we do, and knowing them, would avoid warning people due to the panic it would cause.

Whats a few thousand lives as long as we keep our infrastructure intact. .

So people please, don't dismiss this warning simply because it is the first to come. More will follow.

Anyone living in the area please get yourselves to safety. Just in case.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thank you to the Moderators for adding "Non Official" to this threads title.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Like everyone else on the planet, he's sellin' something.

Anyone click the link at the bottom of the 'warning' page? I did. I felt I was being talked to as an investor.

Nothing like a little fear mongering to sell, sell, sell!

I'd still keep an eye on Yellowstone, tho..... just thru official channels.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I dissagree. It's not like they deliberatley are holding back for some sinister reason. But they certainly hold back info to protect local economies etc.

For instance the Baker incident my dad was/is involved with - same weekend as they were opening the Mt Baker ski area for the season. If they had even mentioned anything unusual I'm sure hundreds of people would cancel their trips. So they do wait until they are sure in circumstances where there is more at stake than just people's safety. I'm not suggesting they would put people in danger though.

The problem that may concern ATS users is that this is another example of the state making decisions on your behalf. If snow melts on Mt Baker due to volcanic heating - and it;s serious enough to fly a leading vulcanologist half way around the world at christmas - wouldn't you rather know and make your own mind up if you live close by?

Just a thought, I personally trust them - I mean I should, my dad is part of all this! But its the precedent that bothers me. If they hold this back then what else do they hold back - where do they put the line.

I also know they hold back some quake reports too.

I think people have discussed her that quakes happen and are then often retrospectively posted - sometimes weeks later.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I've learned to take these "OH MY GOD the World is going to end" threads with a grain of salt. I immediately go after the identity of the person making the claims and they are seldom credible.

There is a good side to this as people learn a lot about this world through these threads. When this is over people will not be scared by the normal earthquakes around the world and will have a good perspective on what constitutes a real threat.

We can't let the blinders come down over our eyes either. Nobody knows when Yellowstone will go or how it will act just before. This swarm of quakes deserved attention. Lets hope Sanders is wrong.

I do think that those who think those studying this would purposefully kill themselves and not warn anyone, need to remove a layer or two of tin foil and let at least a little reason enter their heads.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

So people please, don't dismiss this warning simply because it is the first to come. More will follow.

Anyone living in the area please get yourselves to safety. Just in case.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by fooffstarr]

Your sources? Your credentials? You are advising people to up and run in the middle of winter and abandon their homes and jobs. You do realize that?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
quote:

"Accelerated Uplift and Magmatic Intrusion of the Yellowstone Caldera, 2004 to 2006
Wu-Lung Chang,1* Robert B. Smith,1* Charles Wicks,2 Jamie M. Farrell,1 Christine M. Puskas1

The Yellowstone caldera began a rapid episode of ground uplift in mid-2004, revealed by Global Positioning System and interferometric synthetic aperture radar measurements, at rates up to 7 centimeters per year, which is over three times faster than previously observed inflation rates. Source modeling of the deformation data suggests an expanding volcanic sill of ~1200 square kilometers at a 10-kilometer depth beneath the caldera, coincident with the top of a seismically imaged crustal magma chamber. The modeled rate of source volume increase is 0.1 cubic kilometer per year, similar to the amount of magma intrusion required to supply the observed high heat flow of the caldera. This evidence suggests magma recharge as the main mechanism for the accelerated uplift, although pressurization of magmatic fluids cannot be ruled out."

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
oh man, I didnt even realize that my mother in law and nephew, are in jellystone this weekend. I hope nothing bad happens

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Although I'm not anywhere near yellowstone ( I live in the Netherlands) I have been following the Yellowstone threads with increasing attention. I'm not an expert by any means on geological or vulcanological areas, just an interested person. But I think I remember something about it also being possible that not the supervolcano blows but a new volcano could also form within days... I can remember something like that happening in mexico late 1800's... However I've read this stuff somewhere and can't find the data to verify it... can someone with some more knowledge than me shed some light at this and point out the odds of this happening?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

This kind of event goes along the same lines of something like a large meteor, we can't stop it and throwing out a warning would ensue somewhat of a panic in those states surrounding the yellowstone caldera. They(USGS) are in the know, this is no false alarm, the lava dome has been growing for some years now at a rapid rate, but they have not had the seismic activity that is being experienced now(since 12-26-08)the current activity is an alarming RED FLAG, I DO HOPE THEY ARE WRONG.
An eruption of this size has been discussed on Documentaries as of recent, and it's something we don't want!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join