It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well i sure hope it does not erupt.

I am going stateside tomorrow to pick up my wife and baby in Minot.

I would not enjoy driving back through an ash storm. lol

All in all though, in reality, one day it will go off and there is nothing we can do about it.

Buy the ticket...take the ride.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think the federal, state and local governments would take a similar approach to NASA responding to a global killing asteroid...they wouldn't tell us anything. This Sanders guy is probably one of the few who refused to be silent about it. Yellowstone is way overdue for another massive eruption. I'm not one to believe in "alarmist threads," but I have a good feeling this guy is telling the truth. I don't think he is going to come out with non-factual information and put his very professional career on the line.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Great now Im embarrased, I FREAKED out when I saw the OP, Damn, Im an idiot! I called my Grandparents and was about to email my soninlaw in cal. to tell him to get out... Geeze, I wish I could take back the star and flag! What a hypoconspiracdriak I have become. I know better too.

Thanks OP for making me look even more crazy to the people I love most :down:

PS That guy in the Video is a Bad actor.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
How do you know this isn't one of those "close encounters of the third kind" scenarios and "they" are clearing the area of the public with some false emergency ready for the arrival of Mr ET?

"If everything's ready on the dark side of yellowstone..."

Watch the skies.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I wish my (ex) wife and mother in law were in Yellowstone - can't think of a better way than them to go than a fiery slide into Hades.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I agree completely, i would trust this person over the government regarding something like this any day.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I agree completely, i would trust this person over the government regarding something like this any day.

Me too. I mean the guy knows how to make a youtube video! He is even a geologist, his web page says so. I am surprised there is not already a caravan of people leaving the middle of the country.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The USA is so cursed at the moment, economic collapse imminent and now this.

Oh dear.
How sad.
Nevermind.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I find it funny that you people would actually have the audacity to expect your state/government to issue you an evacuation warning, at least not until the last minute. If that lone geologist is trying to give people a warning days in advance, and people are laughing at him, I would imagine the scenario to play out like a rather well known disaster movie... you've been warned. I believe people have gotten a little too arrogant about the continuity and comfort of their own environment. You don't pay enough attention to what the planet is actually trying to tell you.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but this kinda of reminds me of that movie "Dante's Peak".

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I wish my (ex) wife and mother in law were in Yellowstone - can't think of a better way than them to go than a fiery slide into Hades.

My ex g/f and her family would do nicely, as well- maybe they'll decide to go have a look?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

I was a bit miffed too though to find that he did not have the authority to issue any real warning - any more than myself (or a web bot) does.

I thought I'd heard that before somewhere

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It hasn't even been five hours, yet this topic already has nearly 50 flags and over 100 replies based on the opinion of ONE geologist. After the overreactions about the alien landing prediction a while back and the big earthquake that was supposed to happen last month, it's hard to keep the faith in ATS. Is this going to become January's Mega Topic? Will this topic continue to grow until it's at 1,000+ posts with no eruption whatsoever?

If this eruption does happen and the people who heeded the evacuation warning are saved, then I guess I'll apologize about underreacting, but considering how many predictions on ATS have come true, I'll take my chances.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have not read every post in this thread.
Could some one please point me to a post or to a web site that has volcano sizes or ratings listed?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Volcanoes are no joke man. I don't wanna burn to death for sure dude.

I've seen a lot of evidence for something immanent coming in Yellowstone and the US at large.

Interesting too that we seem to get on average one major natural disaster per year - tsunami, earthquake - (pakistan, china, iran) - discounting Katrina, which isn't really geological afterall - the US is way over due.

Statistically the US is ready for some serious action (rubs hands) - as long as most people evac out - I can't wait to watch on CNN and Fox.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Andre Neves

Dante's Peak with Piano Bronson? That was a horrible movie. I wanted time back.

Still, not as bad a Volcano, with Tommy Lee Jones, who--basically--for the entire film yells at everyone trying to stop a volcano from taking out L.A.. Which is, more aligned with the content of this thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I cannot respect the source that this entire discussion is based on. The person creates a page to make it look official. He even has the nerve to use the USGS logo at the top of the page. The page is formatted to look like a USGS page including the quake map and the list of quakes. To create a page like that and post an evacuation recommendation is extremely irresponsible.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I say: let's stop talking about it so it will erupt. Wait, no, let's do keep talking about this...give it a good ol' Blossum Goodchild fervor that will keep everyone interested.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Indy

I am not exsperenced in finding bogus web pages, but I fear you might be right. There is nothing about an evacuation on the usgs site.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Alright, here is something for people to keep updated on.

www.quake.utah.edu... < That website will take you to a readout of seismic activity as it is updated inside of Yellowstone.
I would like to see LastOne's website that he accessed the uplift at.

Let's not panic folks. If there is something that the government is covering up, the only way we can determine that is by doing the necessary research ourselves. The uplift demonstrated since 2004 is a little disheartening when combined with the surge in seismic activity, but lets not scream conspiracy at everything.

Let's get cracking.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
SO MANY OFF TOPIC POSTS....

My Ex should be there.. .yeah my ex's ex and brother....billyjo and sammie sue too.

C'mon folks keep it ON TOPIC.

SORRY -- just don't like to read through the CRAP

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join